It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

You pretty much covered it all, I feel the same way. It's all about sexual perversion. If it wasnt for the "sex" there would be no definition of what gay is.

You can't be "born" with a sexual preference. You develop one.
Does one deserve the same rights as everyone else? ya, I don't care, they can do their thing I'll do mine, wether I think it's wrong or not. It just gets a bit annoying after a while, because there are bigger more important issues to deal with, if the gays win all their equal rights battles, yet by the time they get them, they have the right to line up next to the straight population in the fema concentration camps. lol

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

so let me get this straight. this is a localized movement only dealing with consensual adult males that live in the US?

thats fine, then lets refer to it as such.

civil rights arent exclusive

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by SpaceJ

I was not emphasizing gender roles had anything to do with the DEFINITION of GAY
Since you decided to assume I was ignorant to the concept of gender roles, you decided to spin and troll my intellectual property.

apology accepted.

btw we are all not suppose to think and act the same hero..

I bleed red.. Not drone.

Who said we are all supposed to act and think the same? I wasn't saying that. I was saying I wish more people questioned all the crap people throw around that they base on gender roles instead of sex. You know? Like saying boys must wear blue and girls pink, that kind of silly stuff.

Lots of people get the two confused. Again, sorry if you already understood the difference, but your wording made it seem to me like you thought people who talked "like a woman" or dressed "like a woman" were gay or likely to be gay.

Tolerance is something we should hope most people can feel the same about, right? Masses of people agreeing on something doesn't necessarily make them drones, if that's what you meant by the drone thing.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone did think and act in a tolerant way?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You can have friends but disagree with their lifestyle.
I've had friends who have been former drug addicts, for example. Do I advocate being a drug addict? No. Did I accept them for who they were? Yes I did.
I'm not too fond of the idea of homosexuality but I don't judge anyone or look down on someone who is gay; that's either their choice or it's the way they were born, depending on how you see the issue. Believing homosexuality is not natural doesn't make me or anyone else a bad person, it makes me a human being that's capable of forming opinions. It is human nature to have opinions, and I'm sure EVERYONE here has a friend who does or believes something that is in disagreeance with part of their own lives or beliefs.

My point is that you can in fact be a great friend to somebody while not entirely agreeing with them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Great way to isolate and ghettoize gays! Pull the same segregation and ideological hate nonsense of liberalism's race tribal politics!

Make it uncomfortable and dangerous to be around homosexuals if you don't agree with the special rights agenda of radicals and gay bedroom behaviors. Make it so it is not comfortable to have gay friends because they are pricklely and nasty. Then gays can whine about how heterosexuals discriminate against them and isolate them and how they are victimmmmms.

Oh well. Hopefully you are not much of an influence.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Obviously, that's why at one point black people and women were treated as inferior people in the US. And that's why in other countries and cultures, people of an opposing ethnicity or nationality were and are treated as inferior people. Civil rights really are case by case and occur somewhat selectively. As history and real life actually shows.

edit on 24-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

My point is that you can in fact be a great friend to somebody while not entirely agreeing with them.

But you support they are entitled to Equal Rights?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

it hurts the species.

sex is for procreating.

and dont try to flip this back around into being about "love". you already shot that argument down.

i dont know what type of consensual abuse one could have that would be illegal towards a minor other than sexual.

physical, but thats not the same type of relationship. were discussing sexual relationships.
edit on 24-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by SpaceJ

it hurts the species.

sex is for procreating.

and dont try to flip this back around into being about "love". you already shot that argument down.

It does not hurt the species, quite the opposite, more people is the last thing our species needs.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

homophobes having homosexual friends.

I mean it's like when a white person is racist to black people...and they have black friends. Does it make any more sense now? I really hope that clears up the confusion. Don't worry some day... we'll have a priest that comes on here that says.... well you see I'm Atheist but....

Did anybody else get inspired to create a sitcom?

See these are the types of things that makes life fun! Yay life!
edit on 24-12-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: None of your business, homes! Now go open your presents and stop worrying bout my edit!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yes I do think people should have equal rights. I don't feel that I have the right to tell anyone how to live their life, I just don't support homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I really can't understand this position. I try, I really do. But to me it seems like someone saying that they won't support heterosexuality.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yes I do think people should have equal rights. I don't feel that I have the right to tell anyone how to live their life, I just don't support homosexuality.

Perfect! I don't support ANY religion in government.

But - will stand by anybody's right to believe whatever god they want.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cant we all just come to the same conclusion that Yes, being gay is wrong. But so is picking your nose, Farting, burping, lying, cheating,swearing, fighting, ect ,ect..Face it, were all human. Issue should be can we all conduct ourselves in a orderly fashion.As far as equal rights are concern, EVERYONE deserves equality, problem is ,is that equality is not a human trait. Its a goal. Great thread Jax

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Can we also add having
"Black friends"
and
"Muslim friends"

to your post?

Why Muslim friends? I hate Islam and have plenty of Muslim friends. I don't think there's any hypocrisy in that, at all. I also hate Christianity, and half my relatives are Christians.

Religion is far different to race and sexuality. It really shouldn't be put in the same category. After all, there's nothing wrong with being black or homosexual. There's plenty wrong with religions.

link   

You can have friends but disagree with their lifestyle.
I've had friends who have been former drug addicts, for example. Do I advocate being a drug addict? No. Did I accept them for who they were? Yes I did.
I'm not too fond of the idea of homosexuality but I don't judge anyone or look down on someone who is gay; that's either their choice or it's the way they were born, depending on how you see the issue. Believing homosexuality is not natural doesn't make me or anyone else a bad person, it makes me a human being that's capable of forming opinions. It is human nature to have opinions, and I'm sure EVERYONE here has a friend who does or believes something that is in disagreeance with part of their own lives or beliefs.

Sexual attraction is not a lifestyle. Marriage, having children, being an avid golfer who drives a minivan and celebrating Christmas, those are the makings of a lifestyle. All of which homosexuals, like heterosexuals, can do and enjoy.

link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Alright maybe we need to start a separate thread on the ramifications to the military/cost factors of this ruling considering we are still in an active war and could be in another soon (Korea)...hey we could create a special unit like they had in Vietnam and again the Japanese and call it the rainbow brigade, I guarantee our enemies would turn, drop their weapons and run securing the backside of their pants...

Seriously I love gay guy, you pretty boys increase my scoring odd with the hot ladies more and more...! no joke...

I guess no one read my post, I am so sad...maybe if I had the warmth of a beautiful 21 year old Colombian beauty with soft moca skin to comfort me...wait I do she is in the other room...sorry much go get warm and happy...be back in 30...

: )

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

But that's the thing, being gay isn't wrong..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Yea cause we definitely don't have a population problem on this planet or anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

Thats a lie, we have a resourcefulness problem here on the planet

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join