It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I do not mind being called cracker, honky, or faggot. What I tell people who tell me that they aren't prejudiced, but.... is that I do not care that they are straight, or whatever, as long as they don't try to practice their straightness on me. And the ones who tell me about one man and one woman that I agree with them and we should stone to death any one who has been divorced.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

this is what it all boils down to.

you dont need societies acceptance to love somebody, and its not like the government would be able to give that to you anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The problem here is that you are equating relationships, and decisions about relationships, with abuse, and decisions about abuse. The decision to be in a relationship, is not a decision to be abused. A woman says yes to the relationship, not to abuse. Polygamy as a whole might not be abusive, but it sure does lead to LOTS of abuse. But bestiality and sex with children, are abusive as a whole. You aren't going to convince me that an animal consents to sex with people. And I already stated my views on children's ability to consent to sex.

Please tell me, what do any of these things have to do with homosexuality? How can homosexuality be seen as abuse? It's just not the same thing as any of the abuses or potential abuses you've mentioned. I'm just curious as to why you are comparing them? I'm not even trying to attack anyone here. I just want to know what you mean? I don't see the connection at all...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was just listening to Michael Signorelli on OutQ radio giving out his yearly gassy and angel awards.

I think we need an award for every time a poster in a gay discussion thread - - ridiculously and ignorantly - - brings sex with animals and pedophiles into the discussion.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

ok so you think that homosexuals should only be allowed rights in places where its legal? that doesnt sound very "civil rightish" to me. sounds more like exclusive rights

How does this follow from what I said?

Consentual sexual relationships among two or more beings are not immoral and should be legal.

Pedophilia and bestiality are by definition not consentual, and that is the reason why they are illegal - not because they are gross or immoral, (plenty of other legal things are), but only because they are not consentual (statutory RAPE). Come on, I cannot write it any simpler than this..
edit on 24/12/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by Maslo

this is what it all boils down to.

you dont need societies acceptance to love somebody, and its not like the government would be able to give that to you anyway.

But LOVE and ACTING ON LOVE are two different things. You can't say that loving a child makes it right to abuse them, or loving an animal makes it right to abuse them.

It's apples and oranges.

I love trees, it doesn't mean I want to have sex with them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

then the problem here is actually that you are equating SOME abusive polygymist relationships, with all polygamist relationships.

or any other relationship.

i dated a girl that was 16 when i was 19. neither of us felt we were abusing the other.

where does one draw the line? i think thats my overall point.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

i think you have love and sex confused

link   
There are so many gays these days I believe most people have one as a friend. It makes you think has there been this many throughout history. Anyway I have a gay boss and I Fn hate him. I don't care about personal rights, I think every individual human should be judged on there personality and the things they do.

That being said the reason I hate my gay boss is because of his personality he does that over gay thing and says really gay things to me and the other guys, who just don't want to know. He also does that cocky rude thing, like when you ask him a question he'll always just reply with something like yeah so is your face darling. Complete random, an always insults. My ex had a gay best friend (oh no I am in danger of being stereotyped here ) whom was also gay an he was just the same.

An OP if you complain I am stereotyping here, or judging all the people in one basket, take a look at the title of your thread.

link   
s and flag , i loved that . thank you : )

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You are horribly misinformed, the only legal repercussions that would follow from homosexual marriages becoming legal would be polygamy and incest. It's about legal age and consent. Basically the relationships that consenting heterosexual adults can legally engage in is what the gay community want for themselves, only with their same-sex partner.
edit on 24-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

then the problem here is actually that you are equating SOME abusive polygymist relationships, with all polygamist relationships.

or any other relationship.

i dated a girl that was 16 when i was 19. neither of us felt we were abusing the other.

where does one draw the line? i think thats my overall point.

My point is that what you are discussing has really NOTHING to do with this thread or homosexuality, period. My opinions on the fact that polygamy CAN be abusive, doesn't mean I'm calling all polygamy abusive. I might think it is, but I'm not calling it that. I said "in my opinion" and I said in relation to sexism and emotional abuse. I didn't say all polygamists beat their wives. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it. Now can you explain to me why in your opinion, this has anything to do with being gay?

All of your points are apples, and homosexuality is an orange.

The problem here isn't what I think of polygamy, it's that you think all these things are somehow similar to homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

you must have come in late, ill forgive you for not reading the thread and knowing my actual position.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

i think you have love and sex confused

I think you have love, and acting off of love confused.

You are basically saying it's okay to rape people or animals if you love them.

What does this have to do with being gay?!!?!?!?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Problem with the thread.
I don't waste a lot of time with acquaintances outside of work.
I have a small core group of friends so great the word "friend" doesn't seem sufficient to describe them.
One I've known for 30 years.
I consider each of them to be "my best friend".

- My one greatest friend in the world, is a "Born Again" Christian. I despise Christianity and can't believe people still believe the fairy tales cobbled together in the Bible. The Bible is a vile, false, hypocritical manual for misogynistic, xenophobic slavers, murderers and mentally ill control freaks. The cult of Christianity really soured my formative years and I can't stand it. I dream of a religion-free world.

- My other greatest friend, we have most things in common, except he has a vast collection of pirated movies, music and video games. I am, like, violently opposed to stealing intangible art and have gone on countless hate-fueled rants against the...my first post here, I'm guessing I can't use the words I want to use to express my disgust for anonymous intangible art reproduction thieves.

- And I also have my great, great friend who I love so dearly who has totally bought in to the "Two Party System" illusion...she thinks, if it was on CNN, MSNBC or NPR, it's ironclad truth. She'll knee-jerk dismiss "crackpot conspiracy theories" though she's done no research at all...has no idea what the Trilateral Commission is, who the Bilderbergers are, who David Rockefeller is! She is so freaking naive that she didn't believe there was such a phenomenon as "home invasion robberies", 'cause..."People don't do that.
" and honestly believes the best solution to the world's problems...is a global government. When I bring it up she can not figure out why I make it sound like a "bad thing". This is like, the exact kind of person I hate.

It is totally possible to have the greatest friendship with someone and love them more than anything while being super-mega-ultra-opposed to their lifestyle, their choices, their sexuality (for example, I have a great friend who got involved with an underaged girl and I was strongly opposed...but I'm not in the friendship to love his illegal relationship, but because of everything else he is. Sorry, it wasn't a choice. He was just born that way, really getting off on teenage girls. I can tell you for a fact he'd like to see the laws change with regards to such relationships.), their natural inclinations, their desires, their beliefs, etc.

I don't believe in marriage and I am disgusted with all the people procreating left and right. But my friend got married and had a kid. I'm strongly opposed to it, but nothing will change the love we share as friends.
I've even had close friends that were involved in criminal acts, that angered me. I don't think they should have the right to do the things they did...but I love them.

In my brainwashed Christian years I was strongly opposed to any kind of recreational drug use, but all my friends partied like crazy.

I of course know there's nothing wrong with homosexuality...but I remember when I still had that small town high school kind of repulsion about it, and I know I could have thought it was wrong, gross, unnatural, sinful and still had great friends who were homosexuals...'cause there's a higher self that has nothing to do with the color of your skin, your economic situation, your love life, how big your nose is...
Saying "I have gay friends, buuut..." may be baloney even most of the time...but you can't generalize and say that anyone saying it is a liar or it's one-sided fondness at best in every case.
It's a biig world out there.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No, I read it. Let me ask you, are any of the comparisons you made to homosexual relationships legal?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

i dont know how society is hurt by anybodies sexuality period..

..but i would make it clear that neither sex nor love is a civil right.

it is not the job of the state to ensure you have love. be it whatever your preference.
edit on 24-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

It is a right, called "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". To deny the same options that heteros have to the lgbt community is unconstitutional. Deny the same recognition of lgbt couples to marry as heteros do is, in effect sanctioning a State notion of what constitutes a marriage and is not constitutional.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

my what? How do you know what I define?

how can you acquire so much in depth information about how critical I am on how I feel homosexuality is unnatural in just a paragraph? You do not listen to well. If you read my post I said NOT all Homosexuals act like that. I don't give a damn about gay people, I just find it comical I have seen or met some that have cut my hair That have allot of ahem, sugar in their tank.. You can label that however you wish, but I am quite confident their sexual orientation is Homosexual.

BTW don't bother trolling me again.. Or spinning my two dimensional words on the forum..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

the reason i brought up the others originally, was because the same people that i see championing homosexuality as a "civil rights" mission, do not seem to be parading for any other types of sexuality other than their own.

i do not see this as progressing "civil rights" i see it as progressing an exclusive sexuality.

i use those examples to illustrate the same disgust one might feel towards another. earlier in the thread there was growing sentiment that homosexuals are singled out, when they themselves do the singling out by not acknowledging other types of civil rights injustices.

yet somehow, a different group using the same arguement, cannot receive the same exemption.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join