It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Sounded to me like he was saying that there are a bunch of hypocrites, that claim they are all for rights, but only if they don't fall outside their personal opinion of morality. I could be wrong though.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
LOL. I do understand the reactions of heteros. In fact, most of them don't are about the gender issue and chose to still be great people. The odd bigot goes out of their way to make my life miserable though.

The extra burden that a gay person must bear socially wreaks many lives out there. These people have just as much right to a life as the selfish bigots out there do.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i've got some opinions against homosexuality, and against some the the rights they want. should that mean i cant be friends with them?

It means any gay person who is willing to befriend you is a self-loathing fool.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You know if the whole world thought the way we wanted them too it would be a dull and boring world now wouldnt it. Think about it............

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

Even gay people aren't in total agreement about everything. I have a lesbian friend who happens to agree with my stance that it would be better for gay people to keep the fact that they are gay to themselves on the job. Including the military as a job. My other gay friends disagree. And we all are still able to be friends, imagine that. We can get into heated debates, and still not want to kill each other, as most real friends can.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This thread is one of my gay friends.

Orientation, gender, religious beliefs, national affiliations and race are all shackles that keep humanity enslaved.

Separation comes before liberation in the alchemical process.

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

as for dogs, your correct they are not human therefore do not need rights.therefore its for the "lover" of said dog to decide if they want to go that route, i dont think consent would be needed (forgive me i dont know the interworkings of a beastiaholic's mind. i can only guess.)

Why should dogs lack rights just because they are not human?

Bestiality is considered animal abuse, and that is illegal, animals should have a right to not be abused.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

no thats not at all what im saying.

im saying that in the same manner gays express disgust over pedophilia or other forms of sexuality,

heteros feel disgust towards homosexuality.

the argument here, is everybody is trying to make THEIR level/scope of sexuality the "accepted" one.

my problem is this particular "sexual movement" is advancing under the guise of "civil rights"

if it were truely for "civil rights" then you would think that they understand what it is they are truely asking people to accept....and that is, an uncomfortable and unfamiliar level of sexuality to them.

long story short, it would be like me pushing for homosexuals to accept pedophilia.

whether you understand/agree with it or not, they still exist. you may not understand what makes a pervert love little kids, likewise i dont understand what makes a man love a man.

they arent pushing for the legalization of homosexuality (obviously thats not illegal) they are pushing for societies ACCEPTANCE of homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

im sure the person in love with the animal doesnt consider it "abuse".

if law is all we are useing to define what is right and wrong then we are in trouble.

homosexuality is forbidden in many religions and countries.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Your sexuality is none of my business - If you prefer women, men, blowup dolls, no one at all, internet mates.

You are a human being with the freedom to express your sensual nature in whatever way pleases you and your partner - This is not an arena of rights, this is a universe of freedom and I will strike down the being who tries to take away the freedom of another to whatever degree of ferocity is needed.

I will sick Kali on them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
look skippy,

if your going to go all civil rights hero on us, then you better stickup for pedo's, dog lovers and polygamists too.

theres nothing i hate more than a half assed civil rights position.

I don't agree here. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone. There is no comparison. Being a pedo hurts kids, dog lover hurts animals, polygamy is sexist and hurts women, in my opinion. No comparison to homosexuality here.

this is hilarious i actually laughed.

so essentially your saying love = abuse if it doesnt fall under your specified parameters.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Spot on OP.

There is no bigger Copout to an equal rights debate then the "I have a ______ friend, but...." argument.

Some people are idiots

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

look skippy,

if your going to go all civil rights hero on us, then you better stickup for pedo's, dog lovers and polygamists too.

not sure if you are serious or not... *shrug*

Anyway...
Pedo == violation of legal age of consent statutes
Dogs == well, dogs has no human rights, yeah?
Polygamists == well, frankly, I have not yet figured out what the deal is with this and why people are opposed.

So yeah, not the same thing as Homosexual equality, really. Especially since Homosexual orientation does not equal putting things up butts.

i was illustrating the scope of sexual prejudice.

if its the law we should follow, i ask you to please explain "dont ask dont tell"

as for dogs, your correct they are not human therefore do not need rights.therefore its for the "lover" of said dog to decide if they want to go that route, i dont think consent would be needed (forgive me i dont know the interworkings of a beastiaholic's mind. i can only guess.)

and as for the pedo's, well we know their argument.

all of that is water under the bridge when the argument is defining "love".

what seems like a freaky fetish to one, can be (alleged) "real love" to another.

the same reaction a homosexual gets when considering a pedo/beast/poly/other freaky stuff, is what hetero's get when trying to comprehend a homosexual relationship.

so stop pretending like you dont understand the reaction of the hetero.

unless your for complete sexual anarchy, you DO have some notion of relative disgust towards certain sexual ideas.....

I would comment that it takes a pretty deranged mind to equate the love that any two consenting adults have for each other with pedophilia and bestiality. One hurts kids, the other mistreats animals.

As for polygamy, if a group of consenting adults want to marry each other in a patriarchy, matriarchy, or line marriage, then that should be their business too.

As for as the reaction of the heteros, which you seem to think yourself qualified to pronounce en mass, who voted you speaker for all heteros? I didn't and I am one.

And who gives a rat's a$$ anyway what someone else thinks if you love someone?

There is no defensible rationale to not afford glbt the same marriage rights, and other rights, as you or me, period.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by hawkiye

Interesting concept. I do not believe in reincarnation or the New Age movement. I will respect your opinion and I will respectfully disagree. Let me take this opportunity to say that I do not hate gays. I disagree that it is a natural lifestyle.
Seeashrink

May I remind you that anything we see around us of human biology is "natural" and being a gay male is not a choice. Do you seriously think if it was a choice that homosexuals would choose to expose themselves to the hate and discrimination that targets homosexuality? I've known since I was about 6 or 7 that I wasn't "the same" as everyone else.
I am a masters student in university and a ton of research has confirmed that there is a socio-biological casuation. You cannot simply minimize biology. Do some study if you wish to understand it more. While much more research is still needed, there is NO evidence that favors "choice" or environment over biological factors.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

look skippy,

I don't agree here. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone. There is no comparison. Being a pedo hurts kids, dog lover hurts animals, polygamy is sexist and hurts women, in my opinion. No comparison to homosexuality here.

this is hilarious i actually laughed.

so essentially your saying love = abuse if it doesnt fall under your specified parameters.

YES! whats your problem?

One-way love is not love. All his cited examples violate that two-way relationship that constitutes true love.

Try holding a true-love relationship with your dog, your 6 wives, or your 7 year old.

Unless your trying to suggest that two full grown concenting males is the equivelent to a grown man forceing sex on his pets and children.

edit on 24-12-2010 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

well in the same way you think pedophilia "hurts" kids.

and bestiality "hurts" animals.

some feel homosexuality "hurts" society

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

im sure the person in love with the animal doesnt consider it "abuse".

if law is all we are useing to define what is right and wrong then we are in trouble.

homosexuality is forbidden in many religions and countries.

And that is the important question, whether the relationship is voluntary, or not. There is nothing wrong about consentual relationship of two or more beings, period! The only thing that is wrong is your preconcieved notions of so-called morality.

edit on 24/12/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

i agree with you.

but the pedo's, dog lovers, and polgymists that exist in this world feel otherwise.

and for the sake of civil rights, must be included whether you understand it or not.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
but thats crazy...

your argument is redundant and perfectly circular.

If we have to take pedophiles rights into consideration, we should also take into account all the people in the world who "think" the insitution of marriage should be completely destroyed. And all the people who want to commit murder on a daily basis. And the people who want to destroy the whole earth.

If we cant extend our social rights to a nearly universally accepted fringe group who is really not that much different then your standard couple... then social change is impossible. And that makes this country and exremely backward place to live.

Concessions need to be made at some point. You cant just keep parading down the street comparing homosexuals to criminals and insist that this is a sound basis for their social exclusion

Society changes. And yes, their are always people who relelntlessly resist change for no clear reason, but sooner or later you are going to find yourself in the wrong.

and your going to wonder where it all went wrong

Ill tell you right now. It didnt.

edit on 24-12-2010 by SPACEYstranger because: can someone buy me a dictionary

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

well in the same way you think pedophilia "hurts" kids.

and bestiality "hurts" animals.

some feel homosexuality "hurts" society

Society can go #### itself, but then again thats just my opinion.

Separation of church and state.
Separation of intimacy and public knowledge
Separation of McDonalds and Food Industry.

Ahh, wonderful.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join