It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I will take the honor of having reply no. 1000.

The americans will tell you it's about liberty and freedom while the truth is containment of a potential rival.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's better to confront today , then to confront tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
It's better to confront today , then to confront tomorrow.

you donot beg anymore? I rememberd that your theory told us you keep begging will work?

beside, whether USA will confront with China is none of your business.

You are a begger, do you have any right to be invoved into the talk or fight between men?

betraying your people, your ancestor deserve nothing more than becoming a poor begger--------that is what you are.

roll:

[edit on 28-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Proteinx,
I have a feeling you will just keep going till you are thrown out.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
then show me the logic: what makes you want to be independent ?

show me your clear logic and clear purpose for it? can you?

1> you did show your logic:
keep begging big power can get independence for a nation.
War about taiwan is between USA and China, Taiwan is just like heaven watching the war game

2>regarding the purpose
? I donot remember you said any purpose for independence.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Hawkssss wrote:I will take the honor of having reply no. 1000.

Congratulations, Hawkssss!

May you have many more posts on this thread , though I may reserve the right to disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Thanks bodebliss. We agree to disagree.

Ciao

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Taiwan is moving toward a pan-green majority in the legislature and this could mean a pro independence constitution, but without international support for such a move, they need to beef up their military faster.

What kind of weapons or weapon would make Taiwan untouchable?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Taiwan is moving toward a pan-green majority in the legislature and this could mean a pro independence constitution, but without international support for such a move, they need to beef up their military faster.

sorry, man, I really cannot spell any name of those nations who support you. Oh, this thread become really lovely funny one.

nuclear weapon. That is the future you are looking for. and that is the purpose you are looking for independence.-----when Nukes send chinese traitor to hell.

I guess that is the only purpose for you. Since you donot answer, I take that as your answer.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well proteinx ,

I was thinking more like offensive missles not 800 ,but maybe 200 pointed right at PLA and CCP headquarters.

Now I have to get back to my reading of the Taipei Times.

[edit on 11/29/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This thanksgiving is really amusing when talking with some "Taiwanese", but I really have to go to sleep.

ha, I even also finished my preparation for tomorrow's presentation.

good night, hawkssss and everybody else.

Mod, I think you shall also delete those posts full of empty talks

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well proteinx ,

I was thinking more like offensive missles not 800 ,but maybe 200 pointed right at PLA and CCP headquarters.

oh, you really send me bad dreams before I sleep. am I sacred of a begger?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

A tough question....

Defensively, to make Taiwan 100% safe from any attack, and take no damage, is almost impossible, unless somebody invent a large dome of energy shield that can cover the whole Taiwan.

The best Taiwan can do I think is to render the attack ineffective, but still take some damage.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Are you "scared" of beggars or do you think them to be "sacred"..??

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
twchang,
If Taiwan went for a cache of offensive weapons it would make the CCP think twice about trying anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

twchang,
If Taiwan went for a cache of offensive weapons it would make the CCP think twice about trying anything.

Yea, that is what a lot of people in Taiwan are thinking. And the military is definitely trying to work towards it.

Taiwan's air force has bought addons for F-16 such as Pathfinder to improve F-16 long range ground attack capability. US is also selling Taiwan anti radiation missiles for taking out SAM sites. There is also news on US trying to persuade Taiwan to buy JDAM. But the news probably need further confirmation.

There are rumor of Taiwan's development on mid range missiles. They say they are trying to developed cruise missiles from some anti ship missiles previously developed by Taiwan. But they might or might not be true.

The Taiwanese military development are most of the time secretive. You don't really know much about them until the development reach a certain stage.

I think strategy and placement of equipment is also important, because Taiwan must be able to sustain the first wave of attack and reteliate.

Anything you can think of?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
twchang,
Do you think the mid-range missles would be able to hit Beijing?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
hmm....I am not sure.

Shanghi is more likely.

F-16 with refueling is also able to reach Beijin, but Taiwan does not have refueling aircraft. It is also dangerous for aircraft to go deep into enemy territories unless the SAM sites are taken out.

If Taiwan has nuclear bombs, then CCP might think twice. But I don't think that is the right thing to do.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Don't worry I formally extend Indian support for Taiwanese independance on this forum..I initially sided with the chicoms on the Taiwan issue remembereing kashmir..but it seems they want to nuke or something!!
We'll keep the chinese occupied on our borders if they ever try any tricks on Taiwan!!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the support, Daedalus3.

Peaceful resolution is still the best.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join