It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And remember the National Shame Day just a month ago about how shameful it is in the last 150 years, China's powers dropped from one of the world's greatest to not able to protect its own territory. That is shameful for any Chinese and we are now trying to regain our lost territory eg. HongKong, Macau, Taiwan etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
are you talking about 9/18? How come I don't know what the national shame day is?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well its suppose to be �����ՐJ��. You know. THe day when the whole Qing Dynasty South Sea Fleet were defeated by the Japanese. Thats what they called it on the Internet, it was one or two month before and I don't know the exact day. It was all over the Internet how we should feel ashamed about the past and stuff.

Edit: AWW MAN, they won't let me type Chinese.....

[edit on 1-12-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I see, but I am not really aware of this date. Anyhow, 9/18 is more like the date for me. Jia Wu of course started the whole damn thing including taiwan and okinawa.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
as the chinese missile bases are builded under the deep mountains and missiles can be launched on the trains in the tunnel which provides no one can destroy all of them even give you one year time to bombard china so that means it's sucide action to help taiwan without thinking

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
bodebliss, you can just keep begging and stop spinning your "history fact"
India get independence because Great British just lost their super power after WWII, not because india beg successfully. Such plain simple logic, you really dont get it. It is same thing for all other cases you showed. Power fade, new power comes......

Okay, this is gonna go a little off-topic and may earn me a warning but...

One of those cases bodebliss showed was Australia.

Australia did not get independence because British power was waning after WW2. Australia federated and became a sovereign nation in 1901, when British power was at its zenith. We asked and they gave, because they recognised one nation as a dominion was stronger than six colonies.

Canada and New Zealand did not get their independence in the wake of WW2 either.

India did not beg for its independence. And it did not fight either. That was the whole core of Ghandi's non-violent non-cooperation. He achieved independence without a costly insurrection, he just went on strike and took the entire colony with him. When they went back to work they were two new nations.
Now they are three nations.

The real reason the UK de-colonised its empire was so there were more cricket teams to play. Where would the World Cup be without de-colonisation?

edit: sp

[edit on 2-12-2004 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang

5> It is extremely ridiculous if you talk about attacking Hongkong, Shanghai or Beijing.
[edit on 30-11-2004 by proteinx]

I don't think the military will attack those cities except perhaps the sea port because the city itself does not have much military values. I never really talked about attacking them though, I mentioned Shanghai more in trying to give an idea of range.

how about some of your people yell to attack three gorges dams?

it is regret and funny if you donot get that--->

the fury of 1/5 of mankind on this planet is much larger and more horrible than "your stupid angry" from an island?

Comparing with other Chinese regarding this thread. say, I am the one thinking about nukes as last resort. (1/5 of Chinese?), now, multiply it to 1.3 billion, what number you will get.

then you know "nuke" is not just a word because of so called "taiwanese" stupidity.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

how about some of your people yell to attack three gorges dams?

That is not people yelling. It was first mentioned briefly by the US's PLA military report to the congress.

www.defenselink.mil...

There might be some thoughts from Taiwanese military experts before this report, but people don't notice about it until the public report.

If a war occurs and hitting the dam can deter China's attack, or if a threat to the dam can make China consider more before starting a war, then it is an option that the military needs to consider.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by twchang]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree w/ you twchang .

Deterrence is 9/10ths of the peace .

This is the backdrop for the current globalization of the economies of the world, if everyone has a stake in the peace, why war?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
of course hitting the damn could just be the trigger for the razing of taiwan to the ground

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
and that could be the trigger for razing of China , China's economy, and China's ties to the rest of the world.

Deterrence is a beautiful thing!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

This is the backdrop for the current globalization of the economies of the world, if everyone has a stake in the peace, why war?

Globalization has nothing to do with what we are talking about here-------human beings have not get that far yet to globalize everything under peace.

Check all the global treaties having been signed, big powers always means big benifit. If there is no benifit, big powers will just throw them away----that is how kyoto treaty about global warming was thrown away by current USA government.

got it? you really think world peace? I remembered somebody else even talked about why USA cannot setup real global government---that is similar thought with you, hha..
just please check why USA will not like to take Mexico as part of their country . . Clinton government was the only government had such kind of closer thought. but sorry, it is not him anymore.

So, stop dreaming your world globalization under peace. There is only globalization under power. dump a*s*s.

You can simply leave taiwan--that island-- and go to USA to beg it might give you a piece of land to you. see whether your request is reasonable to US government.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If a war occurs and hitting the dam can deter China's attack, or if a threat to the dam can make China consider more before starting a war, then it is an option that the military needs to consider.

That is super funny now.
You think attacking dam can deter Chinese?

One hour after you attck the dam (if you do so, no matter whether you did successfully or not). the island will be erased from the earth. plain simple. Cause we know that we are handling a bunch crazy people---the best way to stop crazy people is to erase them before they got crazy again.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if taiwan dares to hit the dam, which will endanger the lives of 100 million chinese living in the province of SiChuan, what is stopping China from launching Nukes to taiwan?? If the US does this, what is stopping China opting for the MAD scenario. That's why, it won't ever happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That Dam blocked the Third or second largest river on the world (I forgot which one it was exactly), in order to make that damn we had to relocate millions of people to other locations because their homes were going to flooded when they are building the Dam. If the Dam was to be destroyed then it'll cause damage to hundreds of millions of people. Just Si Chuan has 100+ million people living there so attack is unforgivable. That could be the trigger for an all out attack on Taiwan bases and may be thats how the war will start.

PS: China just bought a new S-300PMU2 battery for the Dam so an attack on it won't be that easy.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
and that could be the trigger for razing of China , China's economy, and China's ties to the rest of the world.

Deterrence is a beautiful thing!

FRANKLY speaking, attacking the dam can be really nice excuse for Chinese government to fully attack taiwan-------I think those stupid "taiwanese expert" provide such beatiful scenario to the world how crazy they are.

Just like USA reported to the world Sadam would use nukes to attack American, even that is not true, that is a perfect excuse for American people.

now, if Chinese government just keep broadcasting "Taiwan is obtaining WMD to attack three gorges dam", how much fury it will create in China and what is going to happen to taiwan.

My friend from taiwan in the real world basically call that really crazy and stupid. (and of course, they are from so called "pan blue" party).

By the way, check the neighboring thread, Chinese just launch 094 new type nuclear subs. So, bodybliss, basically you can stop thinking about asking help from USA from now on.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Cowlan,

It is the Yantze River or Chang Jiang. It is the world's 3rd longest river after the Amazon and the Nile. Attacking the Dam is an invitation for nukes from any and every country on earth because it simply puts at least 100 million at risk.

Those dumb politicians talking about attacking the dam have absolultely no idea what they are talking about and showed complete lack of diplomatic skills and subtlety.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Also,Taiwan has a failed democracy,look at the amount of scandals going around,look at the people in the news,politicians punching the # out of each other,and all that,do you see that happening in China?There you go.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Taiwan is a freer society for sure. I am not sure whether its democrazy where the president fakes an assassination is a real democrazy at all. To me, the current taiwan government is nothing but a pawn for Uncle Sam to contain the growing China. So it is the government that we are against, not the people of taiwan who are our brothers.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

That is super funny now.
You think attacking dam can deter Chinese?

No, but threatening to attack the dam in the event of an attack on Taiwan might stop you threatening to attack Taiwan.

The logic goes a little like this:

"If you attack us, we will destroy your precious dam. We know you can, and will, overwhelm us in a war, so before we lose we will hurt you so badly your own people will get rid of you anyway."

Look at your own figures, 100 mil+ people in that one province alone. Plus the damage that will happen downstream in other provinces.

It would make 617 squadron look like amateuers.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join