It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Taiwan's military philosophy is to have sufficient defense to protect itself.

Before, the military only thinks of stoping the enemy on the beach. But that is a bit out dated. So they change their strategy to fit the modern warfare. And be able to attack the source of attack and repel the enemies before they reach Taiwan is what they are working towards.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Here is my proposal .

They invest in smart mines that can be launched and forgot like a thousand automated seek-n-destroy ship killers in the Taiwan Strait.

A doomsday weapon of astronomical proportions for the Chinese navy.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hehehe...a creative idea. I am no expert in sea warfare, so can't comment much on that. Might be very useful in stopping naval blockade and amphibious invation though.

US recently also has a exercise call Resultant Fury in pacific, which uses JDAM to hit sea vessels. The same technique might be useful for Taiwanese air force and navy.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A picket line of SSN's would do the job nicely IMHO. From the ADCAP to the harpoons, an invasion fleet would have a hard time getting through. It would work assuming that they have time to deploy it. The US no doubt keeps several SSN's im sure lurking in the area. They don't have much to do these days anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Taiwan's airforce's F-16 can also be equiped with Harpoons. And I think IDF can be equiped with anti-ship missiles developed by Taiwan as well.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
Taiwan's airforce's F-16 can also be equiped with Harpoons. And I think IDF can be equiped with anti-ship missiles developed by Taiwan as well.

As can the P-3 Orions that they wish to purchase from the US.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yea, the navy really wants it for anti-submarine missions, which Taiwan's naval force is kind of lacking in capability now.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
Thanks for the support, Daedalus3.

Peaceful resolution is still the best.

Always always....As I said I was supporting china on theTaiwan issue until proteinx said that the island should be nuked!!EVIL

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I strongly doubt the Chinese are going to nuke Taiwan... They are Chinese too, this is the purpose of all this, reunite all the Chinese, isn't it?
Something important is how the rest of the world is going to react in case of an invasion, including the EU and other Asian countries

I think the Chinese are working to keep the US away from this, and they should do this... Why the hell the stick their nose in other countries life?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was reading an article not too long ago, that stated the US has a new radar that makes water invisible. If new satelites had this capability subs, whales and schools of fish would look like they were moving through air.

[edit on 11/29/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
thanks for the link .

I did a gooogle search of chinese polls and only Taiwan polls came up.

The reason why you can't find polls in China is because we speak, read, write and listen in CHINESE. Its like going to Yahoo and typing a Chinese translation of abovetopsecret; its just not gonna come up. If you ever learn Chinese then go to www.sina.com.cn and to the military section then into the forums then you'll find topics on Taiwan with over 20000 replies.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the two poor guys over there still have no idea why they fight and what they are fighting for. freedom? what freedom? freedom for what? can they answer the questions? --------we all see they are not able to make their logic straight to answer it at all.

Thus, we all know they are bunch of those having no idea what they are doing everyday.

In addition, the funniest thing is that they are even talking about attacking Shanghai or Beijing. Even their 'protector" has no such intention yet to make a total deadend.

I bet they will talk more about flying to Beijing back and forth to capture the leader of China and sign the deal that they want, or, they might start to say "Let's beat American and punish them if American abondon taiwan"
-------I remembered that they even once talked about attacking France to punish frenchmen for not admitting the legal existance of taiwan government.

Oh, man. After a cup of coffee after dinner, browsing this website make me feel happy all the time.

The reason I mentioned about nuking them, cause.....we really dont want a bunch of **** continue staying in our island.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the link COWlan,
I only wish I knew the chinese language. I would post at times on the Straits Times site , but they have a policy where they have to review every post and it can take 12 hours before you can see your post posted.

[edit on 11/30/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
IMHO China can invade Taiwan,thats just my opinion,But the chinese government wants Taiwan back to China,Not to run all over Taiwan and kill everyone there,so nuking Taiwan is stupid.In the event of a war,the Chinese would probably try to minimize casualties or rather just take it peacefully.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx

the two poor guys over there still have no idea why they fight and what they are fighting for. freedom? what freedom? freedom for what? can they answer the questions? --------we all see they are not able to make their logic straight to answer it at all.

Thus, we all know they are bunch of those having no idea what they are doing everyday.

In addition, the funniest thing is that they are even talking about attacking Shanghai or Beijing. Even their 'protector" has no such intention yet to make a total deadend.

I bet they will talk more about flying to Beijing back and forth to capture the leader of China and sign the deal that they want, or, they might start to say "Let's beat American and punish them if American abondon taiwan"
-------I remembered that they even once talked about attacking France to punish frenchmen for not admitting the legal existance of taiwan government.

Oh, man. After a cup of coffee after dinner, browsing this website make me feel happy all the time.

The reason I mentioned about nuking them, cause.....we really dont want a bunch of **** continue staying in our island.

I have no idea what you're blathering about.

But if you're talking about freedom. Off the top of my head I guess the freedom to choose your own government might be high on the list of freedoms they wish to defend.
The freedom to protest in the town square against the government and not be crushed by tanks.
Small freedoms like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
But if you're talking about freedom. Off the top of my head I guess the freedom to choose your own government might be high on the list of freedoms they wish to defend.
The freedom to protest in the town square against the government and not be crushed by tanks.
Small freedoms like that.

good, good, finally somebody pickup this one.
I dont know who you are or where you are from, now,since you picked it up, please answer the following question regarding freedom:

After Taiwan get independence, what specific :freedom" will they get and what will be DIFFERENT comparing today----- with respect to the national security issue, weapons research & purchasing, economy issue, even civil liberty?

After Taiwan get independence, what benifit will they get, what will they lose, comparing today? ---please reply from economy , military two aspects.

Now, if somebody here give me fully logic explain that "taiwanese" will live all the way much much better than today after then get independence, I totally repect so called "Taiwanese" to pursue their best life. If there is no such "best" for them, then I HAVE TO ask "why do those people want to be independent"?
My answer is: they are just fooled around by those Japnesae or selfish politicians in Taiwan who grab the best for themseleve and make whole China and Chinese in Taiwan suffer the concequneces.

for those fools and selfish politicians and those janpese: nuke them.

That is what I am blahing all the time.

By the way, Tianman massacre was bad, was tragedy. Everybody knows. But tell me when Chinese government ever said they will be involved into taiwan politcal life after re-unite? ----we even allow taiwan has their own military force after re-unite.

All Chinese want is: Don't let taiwan fall into enemy's hand. So the reunite plan basically allow tawanese decide almost everything by their own except the forergn policy.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by proteinx]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think I mention it before, but I will say it again. The independence supporters does not want to have any interference of Chinese government in Taiwan's affairs, especially in politics and values.

Taiwan nows has 2 choices:

unification officially independent.

Becoming officially independent will be able to solve some of the wierd problem that Taiwan is facing now, such as be able to join UN, join other global organization, enjoy the rights of a nation, and deciding what is best for Taiwan...etc. With these benefits, economy and other things such as culture, will be able to improve more easily.

Please understand that the top leaders are elected, therefore the politician's opinion relfect the opinions of the majority of its citizens. If the people don't think the leaders represent them well, they will elect someone else later.

Also worth mentioning is that the independence support is not purely short term materialistic persuit. It is not about eating more or buying more cars. Although it might benefit materialistically in the long term as mention above, it is not the main goal.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by twchang]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As far as people here on Earth are concerned(those who are not in the CCP Ozone) , Taiwan is Independent.

Taiwan gets no money , infrastucture support , or even helpful advice from China.

Taiwan just wants the rest of the world to join the growing group of nations who trust their democratic leanings and who proclaim to the world , "Taiwan is Great".

24 out of 181 nations and territories recognize Taiwan . More nations every year see Taiwan as a nation among nations. It is time for all to see that the blindness the CCP has is hurting it's relations with a Great People , The Taiwanese !

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

good, good, finally somebody pickup this one.
I dont know who you are or where you are from, now,since you picked it up, please answer the following question regarding freedom:

After Taiwan get independence, what specific :freedom" will they get and what will be DIFFERENT comparing today----- with respect to the national security issue, weapons research & purchasing, economy issue, even civil liberty?

After Taiwan get independence, what benifit will they get, what will they lose, comparing today? ---please reply from economy , military two aspects.

To over simplify it, if you will, Taiwan wants independence not because they really have so much to gain from it, but because they have so much to possibily loose without it.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Actually its fewer countries every year recognize Taiwan because in 1948 or before, all the countries (except for mother Russia) recognized Nationalists as a country and the Nationalists became Taiwan as you know it. Now only 24 out of almost two hundred recognize Taiwan so I guess if you be democratic, majority rules and Taiwan is therefore not independant and not a country.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join