It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I officially declare ProtienX a disgrace to the Chinese culture and people and anything that remotely has to do with China. Man, get a sense of reality and learn a little bit about cause and effect and things like possibility and consequences. Nuking is not the way to go EVER. Conventional war should be avoided at all costs and nuclear war should be banned if I have anything to do with it but I doubt I'll attain that kind of influence in my life time.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
I officially declare ProtienX a disgrace to the Chinese culture and people and anything that remotely has to do with China. Man, get a sense of reality and learn a little bit about cause and effect and things like possibility and consequences. Nuking is not the way to go EVER. Conventional war should be avoided at all costs and nuclear war should be banned if I have anything to do with it but I doubt I'll attain that kind of influence in my life time.

Hey, man, I dnot really mind how you disagree with I, but if you can make those fool "taiwanese" understand what is reality, I will be really admiring you.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry I don't mean to diss man but nuke is not the way to go. Yes, both sides are quite ignorant and as bodebliss stated, the Strait times even checks their posts before they are posted so yeah, propaganda is on both sides as well. Reality is Taiwan might gain the name "independant" through independance but the money losts, the jobs lost, the trade losts and having a GIANT hostile neighbor just a hundred kilometer from you is certainly NOT a good thing.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
hehehe...just want to disagree with one point. Some website needs to check the message before they are posted because they want to avoid flame wars, garbage posts and things like that. For example, the Taiwanese government's website also do that. They are not proof of propaganda, though. If you go to the Taiwanese government's website for example, you will see tones of different opinions, people blaming the government and things like that.

There are a lot of websites in Taiwan that doesn't check messages before they are posted as well.

Oh, and about job loss and things like that, I disagree, but it is off topic, so I won't go into the details.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Fine if you think there won't be no significant job loss, but reality proves otherwise. The can call it "prevention of flame wars" all you want, truth is that its not.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
according to bible prophecy in Revelation...it speaks of a 200 million man army marching towards the mideast...even the Euphrates River drying up to accomdate all these troops...

www.cia.gov website says that china now has 210 million troops.
...so...go figure...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
well, how can you say it is reality when it hasn't happen yet? My main reason for disagreeing is that right now, Taiwan invests money and setup factories in China, not the other way around.

Most of the websites in Taiwan don't require the check though. And I am pretty sure the one that checks is just there to prevent flames, because you can still see different opinions on them.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We are not setting up factories in Taiwan because your government forbids it. Even civil travel from mainland to taiwan is forbidden. This has nothing to do with commerce or business. This is strictly due to the paranoi of your government.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
chang, you keep confusing yourself by:

1> keep using examples in China mainland, we all know China mainland has long way to become real democratic society. (Please don't take this words and assume that I am admiring your current society is democratic, your dog fight in your so called congrass is nothing more than jokes). But, does any Chinese (including me) intend to force the people in Taiwan to be like our current way? the answer is no. Majority chinese understand the happiest way it future reunite in relative same level society. But, if you take that words and begin to think Chinese allow their land being utlized by enemies, you are for away from reality. No Chinese rush to reunite because we understand the difference, instead, it is you keep trying to stimulate Chinese by yelling independence.

2> You keep fool youself by saying " Once Taiwan get independent as a nation, then taiwan can share all other nation's priviliage and everything will be just greater and greater!!". Do you, can you tell everybody exactly how????????????? You really think making your biggest enemy right infront of you can make you share all other nations' priviligage regaring national security??? You just lay yourself totally on the meat table and only can survive by keep begging your "protector"---which has no attention will sacraifice their own possible huge benifit to fight for you. Everybody in this world rely on himself. Unless you become israel, there is no way you can survive a day. (just image Jews have nothing to do with America)

3> Do you have idea taiwan currently have more than 60 Billion profit from the business in manland, without doing business with mainland, you will immediatly become in debt (check your own business website). And do you know why you can keep making such huge profit? Cause chinese government think taiwannese are brother! almost every deal think about your first according to the government policy-------keep hurting people in mainland will just create more and more people to go for 'nuking you fools"

4> Last, I said many times, there is no such 'begging" for independence thing. Either you fight, or we lose the power to request our own land. Independence means war, terrible war. CCP cannot stand one hour if they agree to let taiwan be seperated. You ask any, any Chinese in mainland, I can tell you 99% of the people will be fury if taiwan was deprived from mainland. Do you know why?????national honor, why Chinese have such much national honor---- Cause we experinced too much tragedeis in last 150 years. Nobody, nobody can let us down anymore.

5> It is extremely ridiculous if you talk about attacking Hongkong, Shanghai or Beijing. Not mention how much benifit your so called 'protector" have in those cities, Do you have any idea how much fury that will cause. I bet the any Chinese will use any mean to let you down to hell. ( Nuke is never just a word)

So, think about itself, if you wanna pick up fight for your so called 'freedom" which you have no idea what means. Then, traitors, just go ahead.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
We are not setting up factories in Taiwan because your government forbids it. Even civil travel from mainland to taiwan is forbidden. This has nothing to do with commerce or business. This is strictly due to the paranoi of your government.

I am not sure about forbiding setting up factories part. And right now Chinese business man probably want to setup more factories in China, so I don't see the point. But I think Taiwan doesn't forbid civil travel. Right now it is just that you can not fly directly between Taiwan to China. I don't think it is true because there are Chinese tourists going to Taiwan.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx

5> It is extremely ridiculous if you talk about attacking Hongkong, Shanghai or Beijing.
[edit on 30-11-2004 by proteinx]

I don't think the military will attack those cities except perhaps the sea port because the city itself does not have much military values. I never really talked about attacking them though, I mentioned Shanghai more in trying to give an idea of range.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh boy, are you from Taiwan at all?????? Civil travel is forbidden by your government except after special admission. If there is free travel, taiwan will be overwhelmed in a day and there won't be any pro-independence people like you left.

Not only your government forbids mainland business to set up factories in Taiwan province, your government also has restrictions as to what buisnesses from taiwan can do in mainland in terms of business area, percentage of investment, percentage of revenue, etc.

As a result of the travel block, buisness traffic had to be done detouring to Singapore and Hong Kong and this is costing both sides huge amounts of money while the singaporeans are profitting from this. This is foolish and stupid in today's world.

Believe, taiwan only has advantage in certain sectors, such as semiconductor, hardware, etc. Mainland leads taiwan in many other areas, such as steel producing and ship building.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here is an article talking about the travel ban. You seem to know very little about mainland-taiwan relationship othe than the "liberty, democracy, obriginal stuff".

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now read up about your government's restriction of business investment in mainland! What do you know other the rhetoric????

"Taiwan prohibits mainland-bound projects worth more than US$50 million as well as those in 195 categories, mainly in the hi-tech and infrastructure industries. "

english.people.com.cn...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yea, those are true. They need special admission, etc. But you must know that China is still hostile taword Taiwan. And there are illegal immigrants issues in Taiwan.

The restriction of business area is to prevent lost of jobs and leaking of sensitive information.

I mention the travel detour. Again, it is because of security, and also the negotiations with China failed because China wants to treat the flight as "domestic", which means Taiwan "agree" to be part of China. And making it "domestic" is again not suitable in Taiwan's security interests.

well, Taiwan is not a large place, so setting up steel production and similar factories, etc in Taiwan would be more expensive I would think.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hum, are you saying you knew this before this discussion? Yeah, you always have an excuse for things.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hahaha....I knew them already. I am not making excuses. I didn't pay particular attention to them. But I see them on news etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
now are you from taiwan? are you currently in taiwan? I question your authenticity.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am from Taiwan. I am currently not in Taiwan. I worked in Taiwan for a while recently.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, I guess I don't have the right to interrogate you about your identity. Oh, well if you say so.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join