It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

PATRIOT ADA batteries (I have personal experience in firing / working with these) would sweep the skies of Chinese MIGS and support craft.

Yea, I think Patriot Missile is quite an impressive equipment. A lot of improvement has been done with Patriot Advance Capability development.

Especially with PAC-3, not only was the radar much improved, but also now one launch system contains 16 missiles instead of just 4.

Moreover, with PAC-3, the missiles destroy its target by direct contact, instead of just exploding near the target.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
folks, did you see that those so called "taiwanese' dumps are really happy to see Chinese and American talking about the nuking each other?

I suggest that the first thing is nuking Japs and those so called "Taiwanese" before we begin to go further. When flys stop bothering people, the world is in much better situation.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

PATRIOT ADA batteries (I have personal experience in firing / working with these) would sweep the skies of Chinese MIGS and support craft.

sure didnt do a good job in iraq with the whole IFF thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
@proteinx

we should first try to find any and every peaceful means for unification. Force is the last resort, no matter what some people from taiwan and americans are saying on these forums. Bottom line, a peacefully unified china will be a stronger china while a divided and war-torn china will be a weaker china.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
@proteinx

we should first try to find any and every peaceful means for unification. Force is the last resort, no matter what some people from taiwan and americans are saying on these forums. Bottom line, a peacefully unified china will be a stronger china while a divided and war-torn china will be a weaker china.

u are right, we shall bring those Chinese in Taiwan back to Mainland, and then nuke Taiwan and make it complete a waste land, 20 years later use it as purely military base.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
@proteinx,

you should get some mental help.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Hawkssss wrote:>I state again....chinese people are determined to unify taiwan peacefully, and forcefully if necessary

Got any public opinion polls on that . This would equall proof you know.

No, no, you have no proof that there is anyone other than yourself and the CCP that wants to unify Taiwan because they don't allow public opinion polls in CHINA.

Your words are empty dogma!

Nothing , but propaganda!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
on the contrary public opinion polls are fairly widespread in China

here is a link to a new idea proposed where the police are subject directly to public scrutiny

service.china.org.cn...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
thanks for the link .

I did a gooogle search of chinese polls and only Taiwan polls came up.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

sure didnt do a good job in iraq with the whole IFF thing.

Anyone knows what cause the IFF thing? IFF means friendly fire?

Friendly fire occur in other weapon system as well though, unfortunately. They have a F-16 droping bombs on ally infantry units, and A-10 attacking ally tanks...

In any case, for PAC, there are still a lot of room for improvement, although it has quite a capability now.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
@bodebliss,

You need to update yourself wrt to china. BTW, the cold war is over. China certainly has all kinds of polls, but first of all they are all in chinese, secondly wrt taiwan, you don't need a poll.

BTW, Gallup poll has operations in china

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
10 more replies, we will cross 1000 replies. lol

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

proteinx wrote:u are right, we shall bring those Chinese in Taiwan back to Mainland, and then nuke Taiwan and make it complete a waste land, 20 years later use it as purely military base.

proteinx,
when your young you dream of war and glory , but when you have seen war after war add up to suffering and loss and no glory, no final winner and then no peace, all you dream of then is peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hawkssss,
got a site on that?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
here is one. I haven't checked gallup's website, but this article clearly indicates they operate in china.

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
proteinx,
when your young you dream of war and glory , but when you have seen war after war add up to suffering and loss and no glory, no final winner and then no peace, all you dream of then is peace.

LOL, you are really making me laugh now, and you suddenly become a peace lover?

Now, let me you tell you how much confusion in your own brain:

1> You have no idea what independence will bring to Taiwan at first. I have asked the question many times, nobody really give me answer except few very empty words "freedom" and "liberty"---I asked sepecifically what independec will bring to taiwan econimically, militarilly, politically. None of your so called "taiwanese" can give me answer.

2> You have no idea that independence movement always means blood and fight. (of course, if your personal life style is based on begging, you can keep telling yourself begging can work for anything)

3> You have no idea that when war or and blood involved in your so called taiwanese independence, the first and the worst victime is you "taiwanese" self. China mainland have become much stronger and stronger. Up to certain point, we could sacrifice Taiwan let it be wasteland rather than letting it become frontline used by enemy. You are just so naive to talk about the conflicts between USA and China and you just seem live in another world

4> When a small island is clipped in the middle of two super power, you certainly have not much freedom unless you choose a side. Sadly, you choose a wrong side. Because your blood is Chinese blood no matter what you prove to other people you are not Chinese. A few traitors could get great benifit from this, but most "Taiwanese", your brothers, your sisters will pay the high price.

I am not the one talking about war all the time, but you are the one having no idea how dangerous a war means.

Just keep begging, bodebliss. I never think you are Chinese---you make me feel shame if one day you call youself Chinese. We donot live a life by begging. You do.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hawkssss

some people jsut won't cry until see the coffin.

We need to differ those "taiwanese" from Chinese in Taiwan

Chinese are those you can talk to and discuss with about how to handle this issue.

But, for people like bodebliss, talk does't help. They just need to see and feel the pain right on their fingers before they know what is called "danger" and 'stupid"

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, Hawksss.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
if China starts an attack on Taiwan, pack your bag fellas, we're goin to war with the chinese guys. It's this simple, if china invades taiwan, we come in and defend taiwan and although china seems to be "neutral" with USA right now they are still a bit wary.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rifleman
if China starts an attack on Taiwan, pack your bag fellas, we're goin to war with the chinese guys. It's this simple, if china invades taiwan, we come in and defend taiwan and although china seems to be "neutral" with USA right now they are still a bit wary.

give me a reason first. no, give American people, especially those who just lost sons or daughters.

say, iraq war is for oil, is for better future of USA, then, the war with China is for????......

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join