It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah; no one did anything originally in Tiananamen (however it is spelled) Square at first; it was a normal protest; but then they got tired of it and sent in tanks to drive over the people.

Any gov't that does that I don't like. I don't think the Chinese gov't gives a rat's ass about the people of China, it just knows it will never have a chance at becoming a world power unless it changes its economy.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hawkssss wrote:As it is, the dollar has declined dramatically and foreign investors have slowed down US treasury and dollar buying. This is gonna cause inflation and cause the interest rate to go up, in turn suffocating the US economy. So here you go kid. Learn the facts before you talk.

The falling dollar and lack of treasury bond buying represents the rise of US exports and the need for capital delineated in US dollars for foreigners to buy our exports.

This in turn equals a rise in the values of foreign currencies, as the US buys more parts in Hong Kong , Taiwan, Japan delineated dollars to make the products that we are exporting.

This equates to higher unemployment in foreign countries, and higher productivity , earnings and a higher standard of living for Americans.

No, Hawkssss it is you who should learn the facts before you talk.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
No Chinese government dares to permit the independence of Taiwan.Chinese people never allow homeland to break up.USA is so strong,but now it does not dare to attack North Korea except barking even NK is doing research on nuclear weapons.It's really a paper tiger.America can only invade those countries who do not have WMDs.That's why its troops can't find WMD in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Justicer,
I understand that the current government can't immediately allow for independence of Taiwan, but it is already a fact. Someday they will have to face this fact.

The CCP dug this hole for itself to fall into by claiming while there was an authoritative government in Taiwan that Taiwan would never be free. The CCP government felt, 'No sweat man, as long as the KMT is in charge we won't have to worry about Taiwan freedom'.

Well...now that tactic has come back to haunt them and they are stuck in a no win situation. What China must do to get out of this situation is to slowly quiet the authoritarian talk, which is counterproductive , and start to ease tensions on cross-strait issues by talking on a nation-nation basis no preconditions.

Maybe they can start on small things and work upwards. It is in the best interests of both peoples.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
bodebliss and broadswords:
yea, I agree with you guys.

I think there are also other possible benefits (although not my main reasons) for Taiwan if Taiwan is officially independent, such as be able to join UN, establish formal diplamatic relationships with other countries, become easier to establish stronger economic relation with other countries or organizations...etc.

protienx, my other specific reasons are just too personal, abstract, or too internal a matter of Taiwan which will require a lot of explainations from me and people probably won't understand it unless they are very familiar with Taiwan, so I don't really want to post them here. But the one I have posted is the main reasaon.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
There are plenty of cases of countries obtaining independence by debate and asking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, all eastern block countries except the former Yugoslavia. By crying and begging many more, East Timor the latest. India and Pakistan did not fight a war for independence from England. No shots were fired for devolution in England. Mongolia is free, no shots fired. Panama is free, no shots fired. Japan and South Korea did not have to fight for freedom. It was given them.

Panama was part of Colombia, that fought Spain... Mongolia is free bc China was too weak to fight against the USSR. Funny how there are more Mongolians living in Inner Mongolia than in MOngolia

You should learn History

Japan and SK? Free from who?

[edit on 28-11-2004 by poirot]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

poirot wrote:Panama was part of Colombia, that fought Spain... Mongolia is free bc China was too weak to fight against the USSR. Funny how there are more Mongolians living in Inner Mongolia than in MOngolia
You should learn History
Japan and SK? Free from who?

Ok poirot,

Panama fought Columbia for a quasi-independence , but was under US control. Panama did not have to fight the US for freedom. We just just said ,'ok ,go ahead and later threw in the canal for good measure.

Mongolia did not have to fight Russia for eventual freedom .It was given them.

Japan was defeated in WWII , but it did not have to fight the US for freedom after WWII .Freedom was given to them.

AT the end of the Korean war the South Koreans did not have to fight US forces for their freedom . Freedom was given to them.

I'm now waiting for the CCP to give freedom to China!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
bodebliss, you can just keep begging and stop spinning your "history fact"
India get independence because Great British just lost their super power after WWII, not because india beg successfully. Such plain simple logic, you really dont get it. It is same thing for all other cases you showed. Power fade, new power comes...... Before WWII, Did india beg successfully in last 400 years since 1600?

We Chinese don't beg, we fight to earn our future. If you think everybody in this world just like you begging for future, you must remember a very old chinese poverb:

"dog eyes just look everything lower"

I also suggest everybody else just ignore this dog eye. not worth it.

and you just keep begging us, as I said, i feel wonderful, just keep begging like our india friend, wait 400 years, another rotation of superpower in the world.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword2004
Also, Proteinx, in regards to what taiwan can get from independence, they want political freedom. They do not want some government to dictate to them what they do. You speak against the Chinese gov't in China and you get arrested or run over by tanks.

Please check some previous posts in page 62 or 63.

Do you think Taiwan can get political freedom once he declare independence and live right in the middle of two superpowers? You just have to remember what German's political life was in cold war.

I guess the only freedom is keep buying USA's out dated weapons and pay all their taxes to buy unpromised "protecting fee". After all, nobody is stupid enough to end this world because these dump ass like bodebliss in Taiwai---------they really think they are somthing, do they?
their "secretary" even was very proud to delcare that Taiwan could be starter for WWIII.
they really think they are a "big onion"

By the way, bodebliss:
you shall check your proteins or genes in your brain. For people like you, I certainlly do not think you are Chinese at all----we have not such genetic defect as you have in your brain, or, you have mutated already to become another dump specie. I suggest leave the island belongs to China and just go to pacific, trying to find another island and beg them wether you can stay there. Frankly speaking, I dont think your begging towards Chinese can work.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
bodebliss, you can just keep begging and stop spinning your "history fact"
India get independence because Great British just lost their super power after WWII, not because india beg successfully. Such plain simple logic, you really dont get it. It is same thing for all other cases you showed. Power fade, new power comes...... Before WWII, Did india beg successfully in last 400 years since 1600?

We Chinese don't beg, we fight to earn our future. If you think everybody in this world just like you begging for future, you must remember a very old chinese poverb:

"dog eyes just look everything lower"

I also suggest everybody else just ignore this dog eye. not worth it.

and you just keep begging us, as I said, i feel wonderful, just keep begging like our india friend, wait 400 years, another rotation of superpower in the world.

Sorry for the whole quote mod but this has got to be done!!

The guy thinks that the UK gave up India because of WWII losses...What an insult to UK and India!!I don't want to start this again just days after remebrance week because its despicable...PROTEINX India and UK parted AMICABLY okay you understand? Its not because they couldn't hold on to us or because we begged them or kicked them out..so just shut up with that....

And nobody's begging for taiwanese independance, I tried to give a humane angle to it all but protienx was ignorant to that...its lucky that the chinese govt doesn't retort like him otherwise everybody will make sure taiwn gets independance, the US, the Indians and all those other countires whihc are 'begging' you...and the begging will be MIGHTY AGGRESSIVE ....

Proteinx I foresee a very troubled future for you in this forum...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
O poor, poor proteinx,
You look , but do not see!
When the CCP looks at Taiwan and sees something it does not like,

What does it do?

What does it do?

It runs screaming like a little girl to the USA an says, ' O please US , I beg You Make Taiwan Stop ' , then US the Man says,' You slow down Taiwan . You make big China ,with the little soul scared.'

Then Taiwan have to slow down for awhile , but that won't be forever because Taiwan has to move forward and China has to grow-up.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Proteinx the assault on the CCP at this forum has already begun!!!

Why do you always go into genetics and stuff like that?
And you still haven't told me...how old are you and where do you stay??

Im REALLY REALLY eager to know...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

By the way, bodebliss:
you shall check your proteins or genes in your brain. For people like you, I certainlly do not think you are Chinese at all----we have not such genetic defect as you have in your brain, or, you have mutated already to become another dump specie. I suggest leave the island belongs to China and just go to pacific, trying to find another island and beg them wether you can stay there. Frankly speaking, I dont think your begging towards Chinese can work.

OMG...this is too cool!!!

I see resemblance to Hitler's 'superior race' crap over here!!

The chinese are genetically superior to anyone who disagrees on taiwan!!
What a load of crap!!

Even the other vocal chicoms like hawkksss and COWlan haven't stooped so low!!
Cmon protienx you've got to tell me now! Wher are you residng and how old are you??!!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

It runs screaming like a little girl to the USA an says, ' O please US , I beg You Make Taiwan Stop ' , then US the Man says,' You slow down Taiwan . You make big China ,with the little soul scared.'

Then Taiwan have to slow down for awhile , but that won't be forever because Taiwan has to move forward and China has to grow-up.

oh, yeah, then why do you stop? I think you are "ally" of USA and we are not?
and if we just beg like you, USA will listen to us instead of you?-----I think you called yourself as his ally?

and we scream like girl by getting down their spy plane? by sending two subs to confront their fleet? by holding the value of yuan instead of just let it increasing value without any polices? by supporting NK for such a while instead of let it go? by signing big contract with Iran for oil?
USA is the soley superpower in this world, I agree everybody has to handle it, but no big country begging USA.

You plain hopeless begging dog. only you think everybody is begging for life and future.

You just keep begging towards Chinese, I feel great.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Daedalus3:

I showed your post to one of my labworkers, a truly indian friend,

He said indian future is not relied on "begging".

If, somehow, you think begging is the future for you, I see a very gray future about you-------not in this website, but in your real life.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

and we scream like girl by getting down their spy plane? by sending two subs to confront their fleet?

You didn't get down the spy plane you rammed into it with a lousy inexperienced overexcited pilot just like you...!!!!
This has been discussed to a great extent by all members on this forum and everybody thought it was extremely funny and ridiculous!!
Just do a search for 'Ep3 orion incident', 'chinese human missile for turbo props' on the aircraft and weps fora...the whole thing was too funny!!

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Daedalus3, begging pig, the one from the race with 1 billion people but only win one silve medal in olympic and donot use toliet paper after their s*h*i*t:

did the plane forced stay in Chinese airbase for almost a week?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
obviously they weren't forced down they had engine trouble and REQUESTED to LAND!!! the chicom pilot had rammed one of the turbo props!!!

Go read about the incident before you shoot off here...

And what lab do you work in? Why won't you tell me..what do you do..how old are you??

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Indian loser. I really begin to wonder why your country is so backward. Maybe it is because you losers are plain stupid. The reason the EP3 was brought down because we could not shoot it (declaration of war) and it wouldn't be forced to land. Bringing it down was the only solution and the only non-violent way to show the americans that we would do what is necessary without resorting to war. This you coward indians will never understand the way you ran with your tails between your legs in 1962. No wonder you are so backward.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Guess what, the personal attacks and sniping will STOP now or serious warnings will be handed out to everybody. Enough is Enough, I asked all of you nicely before and that came to nothing. So, the next off topic thread or attack will get a warn. Collect enough of those and a ban is automatic.

Thanks for your attention
FredT

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join