It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hehe sexist too huh? proteinx.. well IMHO china shouldn't have let Taiwan get to the state and political scenario it is in now..Also I agree that if Taiwan was a part of China before US interference then it should remain with China, you can't just have parts of a country declaring independance..thats the frist nail in the coffin for national integrity..I can understand becasue India faces a similar but less aggrevated problem with Kashmir..Kashmir is still salvagable..but taiwan I honestly don't know..but the chinese must have learnt some integration based expertise from hongkong which will surely come in handy with taiwan..
Peaceful integration...very tricky becasue the Us has embedded itself in taiwan..
Invasion..impossible logistically and from moral point of view also...
All in all a very unfortunate situation...Hope China comes out of it happy..

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
Is California or Boston be able to be independent from USA?
Is Alabama or Texas be able to be independent from USA?
Is Hawaii be able to be independent from USA?

If you actually have read this thread from the beginning, this issue has discussed quite a bit. Also, Boston is not a state but a city.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Is California or Boston be able to be independent from USA?
Is Alabama or Texas be able to be independent from USA?
Is Hawaii be able to be independent from USA?

[edit on 27-11-2004 by proteinx]

I have mentioned about this before, and I will just mention it again.
California, Boston, Alabama, Texas, Hawaii are states or city currently under US flag. They join the federation years ago. They pay tax, etc, to the federal government.

Taiwan, on the other hand, was never part of PRC. Right from the beginning when PRC was created, Taiwan was not part of it. Throughout history, Taiwan was occupied by different government:
1. no government.
2. some holand people occupy some part of Taiwan as trading post.
3. occupied by retreating Ming Dynasty government.
4. occupied by Ching Dynasty government.
5. occupied by Japanese government.
6. occupied by Nationalist government.
7. current government, replacing Nationalist as the ruling party through election. Nationalists are now becoming a normal political party, and can no longer just govern Taiwan by itself.

The Ming Dynasty, Ching Dynasty and Nationalist are Chinese government that governs China in the past. PRC does not represent Ming Dynasty, Ching Dynasty or Nationalists. Therefore it is different situation from California, Alabama, ...etc.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You tell them, Man !

Proteinx just can't get it. The people of Taiwan want to choose. They don't want some dictator in China making choices for them.

Proteinx just can't understand that. He worships the CCP.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah there is a different situation with states of the union. Over the long history of the US the system has bent one way and back over states rights. The flexing is built into the system so California wouldn't want to be a part of any other group of states.

If the provinces of China were given a choice China would possibly break into 5 pieces.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You guys can just wait, War will happen. I just hope its after 2014, China will be able to defend against 7 CBGs by that time (new funding states they are working on this).

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
War between whom , Taiwan and China, the Chian and US?...

hope not..coz then immigrants like you will be discriminated against in western countries...like the Japs in WWII...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by twchang

Taiwan, on the other hand, was never part of PRC.
[edit on 27-11-2004 by twchang]

Sorry to hear that you said have "learned" history. but sorry again you didnot get that history was written by winner.

Bebating on history is no useful even I can do that, so I won't do that, those are empty useless words. British..Roman, Egypt...used to rule the world, that does't help their situation today. We Chinese used to call Japan and Korean as "Chen Min"--that does not help our situation today.

You keep jumping around and spinning this topic back and forth But you still HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION:

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM INDEPENDENCE? so far "plitical freedom" is the only argument that you once mentioend, but after I showed you the logic, you just quit from it and begin to talk about history which I have no interest about it, cause those topics can not be controlled, if you keep closing your door and believe that history reason can make case for your independence-----Native Indians shall kick white people out of North America already.

Just show me the case:
Mlitarily, economically, politically what can you get from independence? (from point of view of nomal taiwanese people's life). Make 1,2,3...list like you made in your history post.
And also,
What will you lose from independence? Let's see your can make the case or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And show me any example in human history that any independent country in this world got independence by debating, asking, crying and begging.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
You guys can just wait, War will happen. I just hope its after 2014, China will be able to defend against 7 CBGs by that time (new funding states they are working on this).

Why doesn't China spend the money on character analysis, psychological services for it's leaders, and it's poor and downtrodden peasants?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Originally posted by COWlan

Why doesn't China spend the money on character analysis, psychological services for it's leaders, and it's poor and downtrodden peasants?

here come another friend just like empty talks too and begin to yell for nothing. I saw you mentioned folding@home, I guess you know something about science. You supposed to be good at analysis things, but it is really pathetic that you cannot show any logic sense in debate but yelling and attacking for nothing right from begining.

For people like you, I have on interest to talk to. you shall make friends with our indian empty talker in this website.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And show me any example in human history that any independent country in this world got independence by debating, asking, crying and begging.

There are plenty of cases of countries obtaining independence by debate and asking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, all eastern block countries except the former Yugoslavia. By crying and begging many more, East Timor the latest. India and Pakistan did not fight a war for independence from England. No shots were fired for devolution in England. Mongolia is free, no shots fired. Panama is free, no shots fired. Japan and South Korea did not have to fight for freedom. It was given them.

Maybe China could just back off and deny any claims on Taiwan, but China has such a big population and such a little soul.

Are we a little blind to the facts of world history?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

proteinx wrote:here come another friend just like empty talks too and begin to yell for nothing. I saw you mentioned folding@home, I guess you know something about science. You supposed to be good at analysis things, but it is really pathetic that you cannot show any logic sense in debate but yelling and attacking for nothing right from begining.

For people like you, I have on interest to talk to. you shall make friends with our indian empty talker in this website.

Or maybe China could spend the money on psychological services for the silly chinese posters that come here.

If your not looking for responses from other posters here, maybe you should just email twchang or U2U him, if he'll except your nonsense in that form.

[edit on 11/27/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you wanna be like you so called "taiwanese senator" doing dog fight in your funny "congress" showing as jokes in CNN everyday?
good for you, at the same time,
Keep begging, friend. I really begin to enjoy it right now.

knee down, begging now!! I feel wonderful.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
....including China government beg US for continued trade conditions.

Your pride is way out of step with the real world you live in .

China kisses the American hand for it's continued existence, Ha Ha.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
are these flame war's really neccesary... are we really learning anything from this, apart from the falling IQ of this board day by day?

show some restraint please people.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"China kisses the American hand for it's continued existence,"

Kid, China is US's 2nd largest creditor. In other words, you kisses our asses to buy your treasury bills to sustain the dollar. As it is, the dollar has declined dramatically and foreign investors have slowed down US treasury and dollar buying. This is gonna cause inflation and cause the interest rate to go up, in turn suffocating the US economy. So here you go kid. Learn the facts before you talk.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, all speculation man. No one knows hwo the economies will really work.

Also, if the U.S. economy goes down, so does most of the world's at the moment. And the Chinese and U.S. economies are interconnected a good deal; neither will do too well without the other. But China relies a good deal on the U.S. buying its products (toys, parts, etc....) so both are kind of interdependent.

Also, what is with all this stupid flamewarring??? It is like all the Chinese posters like to do is come in and proclaim how great they think China is for the dumbest reasons it seems. Not that China wasn't great, but sheesh.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Also, Proteinx, in regards to what taiwan can get from independence, they want political freedom. They do not want some government to dictate to them what they do. You speak against the Chinese gov't in China and you get arrested or run over by tanks.

Taiwan doesn't want to be run by such a dictator.

Remember, in China, the government has the power, and the people fear the government. In Taiwan, the people have the power and the government fears the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
actually the chinese government fears the people as much as any other government if not more.

They know fine well that if they mess up this transition to a market economy and opening up while stamping out corruption... then they themselves have been the first to admit that they will be forced from power and there is nothing they can do about it.

The communist party is resting it's future on it's effectiveness in creating a better society for the chinese people, in the belief that they will tolerate the party if it lets them get on with it.

Also... you can openly speak against the government in china and nobody will lift a finger to stop you... just don't try and form any sort of organised resistance or political entity though or you will most likely face arrest

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Lucretius]

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join