It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh that is incredible! I can't wait to see the possibilities grow as your ability strengthen. All of this is so exciting.

Hmmm, is tomorrow alright? Around... 12:00 noon (New York time). I'll be in math (daydreaming anyway)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
when i said side i was refering to using my powers for the good of everyone or for personal gain.

also to explain my power i am a retrokinetic, i change future events with my mind, here is exactly how it works i think for something to happen and it happens (example that bird is going to fly now, and it does) but it only works in two cirrcumstances 1)if i belive there is a chance that it actually can happen and 2) if i dont care or think about it too much

usually my power is good for long term stuff, like i didnt do an assignment and i
told myself it'll be ok, i wont get in trouble, the teacher gave us an extension. i do it alot especially in gym class to make the other team miss and stuff its fun.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow, guys. These are all great breakthroughs. to be honest, i've had nothing yet, but i may try some of these things you've all been doing if i get a chance.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
sorry i didnt feel anytihing around 12, maybe cause i was polevaulting for gym class but W/e

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
tankthinker, that does sound fun.
and I understand what you mean about the sides. I think at some point we all will do some of both. It's hard not to... well, it's hard in the way of using it for personal gain. At some time, whether a small portion or large, we will all use it for personal gain.

hoping: To be honest, I was preforming a monologue for theater class and couldn't exactly concentrate at all on it.
So I ended up not being able to... But tomorrow I'll just try it at random times of the day. Honestly, I think it has something to do with range right now. Because I was thinking about what happened with my friend and how he only heard a portion of what I was saying, just for a moment, and I had been trying to send it for about twenty minutes. (But then again I have no idea when during the twenty minutes that he heard it. So I don't know what limits there are, whether or not there are ANY limits, etc. But I will definitely try. May I know something though? Are you in the U.S.? And if so, what region? Ex: North, NE, NW, South, SW, SE. That way I can have a general direction to try to send it. (It's harder to control the more widespread it is. Such as when I silenced the group of people (stated earlier), that was more difficult than just two guys.) So, if I can narrow down to the region at least, so it will be stronger in control. And if you prefer not to say the region you are in on the site... either U2U me or IM me at elizabethiansnow. Thanks! I hope this works.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
im in the beatutiful shiny state of florida

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ah, thank you. That is much MUCH easier to think about vs. the entire country...

I may try a bit tonight, my mind is more clear at night. So watch your dreams. And I'll try a few more times tomorrow during school. Thanks for helping me, by the way. I appreciate it.

With thanks,
Observigent

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
so i think i may have found a way to try and get my mind onto the right track of flying. i tried this new type of relaxation type thing...idk if thats what you would call it but, i felt almost exactly the same way i did in my dream. the next time ill be able to do it will be in a few weeks when my friend comes back. i think he may be the one person to help me further my ablilites. he also has great psycic abilities too. while he was doing the relaxation thing, i felt like all my abilities were being set free and after it was all done, i had a few visions. i think itll work more in a few weeks cuz we just did it over the phone the last time. idc if anyone doesnt believe that i could fly cuz i know im on the path to doing it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That's good. What was the relaxation technique, maybe it will work with other abilities as well. Share?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i just watched matrix 1 for the first time in a couple years and i have to say alot more of it makes sense than it did before, but aside from that point, while i was watching it it seemed as if the whole movie was a message to people with ny power, ill explain, they say that they can basically do alot of stuff u normally cant do like lean kung foo in seconds or jump really high and that it is only possible if they believe it is possible, just like my power, its as if my power is limited by my belief that it can actually work, i also think that everyone in the world has the potential to do what i can do, i have a friend who is also developing retrokenesis but hes no where close to where i am, maybe the ability to use these powers is being concealed by other forces, like in the matrix, i think the guy who created it made alot of symbolism specifically for the people who would understand.

im going to share with you a story ive never told anyone else, and i urge you to please believe this because i dont bs when i tell you this im totally serious:

last year in grade 11 i was peer tutoring an english class and i was sitting in class really bored because the teacher gave a free class to the students, so anyway i was sitting there staring outside at my schools field, and there was a storm outside with lightning and thunder, a clap of thunder was heard and some of the girls in the class screamed, being my usual self i called them stupid in my head and then thought ' what if a lightning bolt were to come down and hit the middle of the field, then they would really scream ' about half a minute after i thought this, the lightning came down in the middle of the field and i saw it full force and then the thunder was extremely loud, which made them scream even more, but the fact is that the odds of lightning hitting that field half a minute after i thought it are pretty much impossible, so what does anyone make out of that?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't have a super power, but like another person was saying about a helper, I can do all of that, i can heal people by talking to them poeple some to me for advice, like in coffee shops when I don't know them. My dad though gets what ever he wants, not in a terribly greedy way, but has been telling me since I was little, if you want something, visualize yourself having it, and go through all the emotions which would acompany having your desired thing and you'll have it. It's sometimes worked for me, but has always worked well for him. I've met a few others down the road with this capability, alter present 'truth' for their wish, but only small things, like sudden sales on things they want in a store...

I also have dreams of events that take place 3 or more months in the future, it happens enough I can usualy date it, though not interesting things. like a guy a couple posts ahead, I've been havign alot of dreams where I'm trying to teach my concious self how I fly in my dreams so I'll be able to do it when I wake up. I haven't really tried though, I'd have to get away from distractions to meditate on it.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Jessicathespy]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
tankthinker: That is truly incredible. I believe you 100 percent. For some it's easy to tell whether or not someone is lying on the internet. Call it intuition.
But I can certainly tell you are telling the truth. Unless by some odds I'm wrong. I am amazed at that story. Thank you for sharing that with us. No, I do not think that could be a coincidence what-so-ever. It is too rare that a lightning bolt hit in the exact spot you think of (especially only a minute before.) Also, I get what your saying about the matrix thing and how it could be related to releasing our powers. I am having the same thoughts. The way I had sent the message to my friend by telepathy was that I talked myself into believing that it would work, no doubt at all. You made a great point. Thank you again.

Jessicathespy: Your erm... power. I've heard it before. It's not that rare a thing (amongst the "powerful"). That one is harder to strengthen because it is basically as strong as it will go, as soon as you receive it. It is more of the "natural gift" features. You either have it or you don't. My friend has this ability and she has been trying to strengthen it but hasn't had any luck. As for you dad's ability. That one is a not-so-rare one as well. There are several people who have that. Take tankthinker, for instance. He proves that this power is one you can strengthen and control. Work on that one more before you put all your time into the other. Then, once you are more in tune with this you can begin to try and do harder things. Just take it step by step. Eventually it will come but you have to practice. A lot. Good luck to you!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Awwww... all of your abilities are nice. Damn, i' m starting to think i'm cursed or something. Does no one have bad/destructive abilities? thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i dont really remember the tequnique....i could find out but i think you need like 2 people to make it work. i think the believe in yourself thing works really well. that is what i was doing when i hovered for the few seconds, i kept telling myself that i could fly and that i was like a bird or something that flew. maybe if you guys beleive that you can use your powers to its fullest, then you guys could become more powerful....does that help anyone? hope so...good luck if anyone tries that, tell me if it works cuz its my new hypothesis on this whold situation lol

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Elijio: All of our powers can be used for good OR bad. For example, I can use mine to control people's minds, therefore, what they do (in the process of anyway). tankthinker can control things with his mind as well. Such as his lightning story. He easily could have thought about the lightning striking the girls themselves instead of just the field. And so on. But are you trying to say that your power has no good side to it? Surely there is. Wat exactly is your power?

karmaken8807: I see. Well if you could, it would be interesting to hear your theory of releasing powers (regardless of the number of people it takes). Also, thank you for the advice and information concerning concentration and belief.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by observigent

I'd rather not say here but if you really want to know I can U2U you.
It's something I've only told my best friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i would like to know as well, so i can maybe provide some helpful info on it

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
WTH I can't send any U2U's? I've tried now with both opera and ffox. The compose option does not work for me, there's nowhere to type. Mods?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Elijio: I would love to know, I'm very curious to find out. Hopefully I could provide some help as well. If you can't U2U me, just send an IM to elizabethiansnow. If you have am. I'm anxious to find out. Hopefully any advice I give will be useful to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
my theory is simple.....i believe that you you really believe in something (good or bad) you can make it happen, no matter what physics says or any what any science says. i also think that anyone can have any power they wanted as long as they believe enough that they can do it....does that make sense?

Elijio: id like to know as well...maybe? maybe we could help you develop your power more.

last night, i was a bored and my friends were snorting aderol....crazy, i know lol. but i was by the lines debating if i wanted to do one and i was running my fionger over the 1 line my friend said i could have. while i was doing that, i was focusing on trying to pick up some of it off the table with my mind. at first, i got excited cuz i saw some of it get picked up but it was being held by a hair. so i then cleaned off my finger and sat there for like 5 min focusing really hard on trying to pick it up. after about 6 min, i saw a lil piece of it moving around and tried to pick it up a lil bit off the table, but my friend intrupted my concentration and i lost it. she then did the line lol....i thought it was pretty cool.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join