It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Jynx13, cool, thanks, it'll be good to chat.

observigent, sorry for saying he, i guess i just did it automatically, i apologize.

Just a quick message, i'm seeing the number 11 a lot, and also black birds, i think seeing number 11 tells me i'm on the right path, and the black birds are watching over me.

Has anyone else noticed either of these things?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've been noticing the reappearance of the number four. My birthday month is four and it is four years until 2012. Everyone I know who is (apparently predicted to be involved in the war or whatever) Also has their birthday's relating to the number four. This reappearance of "four" is uncanny. I am almost positive it has no coincidence in it what so ever. So I believe that if you have a relation to the number four (birthday wise, I'm believing) than you may in fact be involved definitely. It is a scary thought that only in four years we may all be tangled in a deadly web. I have no premonition of the after effect of the disease. I only have had premonitions of the symbol Jownathown spoke of earlier, and that of the year 2012. Also I have reason to believe that it will in fact be a disease that we will face. Please post any information that you receive whether it's a premonition or just that you are connected with "four". Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well i haven't noticed a lot of the number four but i have weird stuff happening to me more often. i also get the feeling that much of this is going to happen before 2012 even if it is just under the surface and that it will come to a descisive point in 2012.
i have also noticed the number 11 in my numerology. i do beleive it is a sign that we are on the right path.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It appears me and you, Jynx13, are on the same wavelength with the number 11.

Observigent, that's interesting about four, i can't say i personally have anything interesting to add about the number 4, but i'll look out. I thought there was maybe something with the number 8, i was born on the 8th, it's 2008, and there are other beliefs going back about the number 8, with religion etc.

I did find this interesting text about the number 4, scroll down to read it, it's about 3 quarters of the way down the page : www.crystalinks.com...

Oh, and i too believe that this will be an infection, which kinda worries me, but we'll see what develops.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
hmm interesting this whole time observigent was female, anyway i have nothing like that about numbers, but i would like to ask everyones age and maybe their profession????

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hey observigent sorry to bother you, but what type of practicing did you do to open the ability to its limits and what exactly would you call this ability?( I'm referring to my first post on 43) anyway any help would be appreciated now that I know this could be the starting stage of a ability thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

To play the devil's advocate somewhat or in this case Batman and the Green Arrow's advocate, there are many people who try and be superheroes through skill luck and gimmicks rather than rely on mutation and mysticism.

Real-Life Superheroes

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
sorry i haven't been on lately, kinda busy.
I am having a hard time in respects to abilities as well. i would be very interested in learning about the different techniques others have employed to get past their difficulties.
Also, are there any new revelations, dreams/premonitions, or theories that any of you have? they might be connected in some way and they may hold relevence to one of us on here. an odd premonition to someone may hold significance to another. just an idea.
one way also that helped me to remember dreams was to have a dream diary. i wrote down every morning what i could remember of the dream the night before and after just a few days i was recalling my dreams in greater detail than before.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been talking in a while, college has kept me on my toes

Observigent: My b-day month is also '4' and now I come to think about it I remember seeing many things related to the number 4. I sit at the fourth computer in my classroom at college, I work in a group of 4 for group tasks, I have been doing normalisation of data to fourth normal form for a few weeks, and theres quite a few more unamasing things i've picked up.

tankthinker: 17 and a student, no job. Go me!

doghead: Your right, but we aren't talking about being superheroes. This thread is for 'superpowers', abilities that are out of the norm for the average human. What we have may not be anything that can be used to help people, hurt people or ever have a great impact on the world but we are here to discuss what we can do no matter how little.

Well, good to be back and hopefully i'll remember this site
Now don't go blowing things up y'all

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

and just in case anyone thought otherwise, i am also a female

The number 11 represents my birthday according to the rules of numerology. I don't know if this means anything different than with just my name or not. comments on this section have been far and few between lately, do you still beleive in our discussions or are you in doubt?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
15 high school

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

do you have to be wiccan to do this?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
dudeman: No, you don't. Also, The Astral City has not come to this thread for quite some time. I have tried to contact him myself, but failed. I don't think he is coming back either, So, if you have any questions, do feel free to ask any of us that have recently posted on this thread.

Futurexhero: Well, several things that sort of just came naturally. I've said a few of the experiments before on this thread if you are willing to read back a few pages, it's a bit of information to type I might say.

But, recently there has been an experiment I found to be quite shocking. It proved a strength I did not know I had at all. But I'd prefer not to say it here on ATS. So if you truly want to know details, I'd be much more obliged to tell you on AIM, so please IM me if you must know. But only then will I tell you.

Dasco: I do believe you are going through exactly what I am talking about.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by observigent]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by observigent]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Rawr!

Yeah, to all you newbies who join. We are all here to have a chat with you if you have any queries on the subject. I'm quite wise and full of wisdom, not bad for a 17 year old ey?

To celebrate getting back here after a week or two, lets get the conversation growing.

1. You may have said previously, as I have myself but what "powers" have you exherted or come to know about yourself.

2. If you do show signs of abnormal abilities, have you noticed that your "powers" are stronger under certain conditions, or weaker? (Such as a medium for your abilities that can increase the strength somehow)

3. What are your personal views? What do you think about them (are they a gift or curse)?

4. How do you think they can affect your surroundings? including people, the environment and even inanimate objects etc.

5. Have you any theories on how to train/enhance your abilities?

These are just examples of what we could all talk about. I'll post a reply to this myself soon but got to go and finish an assignment

Peace and love y'all! (I'm not a hippie
)

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Dasco]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasco
1. You may have said previously, as I have myself but what "powers" have you exherted or come to know about yourself.

2. If you do show signs of abnormal abilities, have you noticed that your "powers" are stronger under certain conditions, or weaker? (Such as a medium for your abilities that can increase the strength somehow)

3. What are your personal views? What do you think about them (are they a gift or curse)?

4. How do you think they can affect your surroundings? including people, the environment and even inanimate objects etc.

1. I have the power to change future events and reality, i personally call this power - Posteventation

2.my power works best subconsciously, but im improving my ability to control it, it works better when i simply just think about changing something, if i think too much about it, i start to doubt it and it doesnt work.

3.i think they are a gift, that i was meant to have it

4. kind of unclear question

5. i use it on cards and flipping coins, thats how it works best

btw i dont want to sound rude or anything but, those who think they are wise are the farthest from it.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasco
Rawr!

Yeah, to all you newbies who join. We are all here to have a chat with you if you have any queries on the subject. I'm quite wise and full of wisdom, not bad for a 17 year old ey?

To celebrate getting back here after a week or two, lets get the conversation growing.

These are just examples of what we could all talk about. I'll post a reply to this myself soon but got to go and finish an assignment

Peace and love y'all! (I'm not a hippie
)

1 jinxing abilities, and many others that i am currently trying to figure out.

2 appear to be strongest when i have obvious positive or negative emotions

3 there are times, given my particular abilities, that i consider thwm a curse....either way i aould not give them up, there is a reason i was given them so they truly are a gift

4 stuff breaks, people get hurt/sick, batteries die, you get the point...but some times, very rarely, good things happen. i can't really control it yet but i will.

5 still figuring that one out, my friends are going to be in for a rough time though, if i wait too long in between jinxes they tend to be even worse.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hate to be "one of those people" but I haven't read through this entire thread, though it does interest me. I was wondering if the general concensus here is that in order to have some sort of "ability" you must be born with it...Or can just about anyone do it if they can train their minds/bodies enough?

I'd like to know because, while I can't think of anything in particular that I can do (that would be considered extraordinary), I've always had the feeling that there is something different about me...Almost as if I see myself on a different level than others. Not so much in a cocky way, but rather as if I observe my surroundings and it's all just a big joke to me, that I can see or understand things (or at least I think I do) for what they really are...Almost like, I can tell when someone is being phony, or I feel I understand why people do certain things or act a certain way or think in a certain way.

I'm not sure I explained myself properly. It isn't all the time either, just when I really think about it. It's like I see my brain as a super analytical computer, while I feel others simply can't keep up with my train of thought. It's not that I consider myself "better", just different in that regard.

I'm not sure I made any sense here.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well tankthinker, thats your personal opinion. Not fact, but for my age i'd like to consider myself wise. If you knew me, compared to the rest of the people my age in the local area you'd agree. Would discuss wisdom but thats an essay on its own.

DazedDave: About being born with it or training your brain. We have genes that effect brain development and functions, so we could be born with the abilities but in order to improve your brain you've got to use it daily such as if you want to remember a very complex subject you'd practice daily if you wanted to remember it very well as a fresh memory. Most things we do activate and train the prefrontal cortex, maybe theres a way to train the sections that could relate to abilities (although I have no idea what they are).

Also, theres nothing cocky about it. If you believe your different, then great. Something that could possibly make you unqiue, the only thing that would really make you cocky is if you started to look down at other people while thinking that.

Like in usual posts, correct me if i'm wrong. It's a learning experience for me

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love reading all of your theories. If anybody wants to discuss further, you can IM me on AIM at xfuturexherox

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
1. You may have said previously, as I have myself but what "powers" have you exherted or come to know about yourself?

I am pretty sure i have some form of telepathy, but at the moment it's not hugely powerful. I am also aware of some telekinesis, but this is on a low level now.

2. If you do show signs of abnormal abilities, have you noticed that your "powers" are stronger under certain conditions, or weaker? (Such as a medium for your abilities that can increase the strength somehow)?

Yes, normally my 'powers' are better when i am angry or very happy, and when my mind is relaxed.

I think they are a gift if you can control them.. Otherwise they could become a curse, if they were to go out of control.

Well, sometimes i come out with things that people were about to say, so they're somewhat shocked when this happens. Very occasionally inanimate objects seem to move when i am in one of the states i mentioned in my answer to number 2.

There are various games that you can play with people without sounding crazy, like reading which number/letter/colour they're thinking of, when they just think you're guessing.

That's about it right now.

Also, to DazedDave, i understand exactly what you were saying in your post,
as i have felt this too.

Finally, to futurexhero, i added your Screen Name on AIM.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join