It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Exactly. You got it in one. I think we are the same with this.
Anyway, the 'colour game' is flexible, you can use letters, numbers, pets, etc, i tend to use a max of 10 outcomes.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
you know i get strange de ja vus too, perhaps if we have stronger de ja vus than normal people it means we have these abilities. actually anyone who ive heard of having powers has had different de ja vus than normal

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes, yes. I believe that those symptoms do show that we posses at least some sort of ability I just would like to find a way to practice these strengths and get them to a more controlled and clear level. My goal would have to be having grown to have the ability of actually reading others' thoughts, or something near that at least. I know I sometimes know what someone is going to say (Ex. I think something and then it comes from them). But I never know that it is what is in their mind. I want to be able to know when I am hearing another's thoughts or when it is just me. Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

Hello! I am so happy I found this thread! I read over what you were saying you can do and I have been able to do exactly those things for a while now. The highest ability being my ability of reading others' emotions and thoughts along with being able to tell who they are (what kind of person they are) simply by looking at them. Although I have this ability I have very poor control. If you wouldn't mind, could you give me some information on how to strengthen these abilities to make it where I can get better at them and bring them to higher levels?

Also, when it comes to reading minds, I am able to think what a person is going to say before they say it but there is one problem. I don't know whether what I am thinking is from them or from my head until the person speaks. How can I tell the difference from reading someone else's mind from reading my own?

Also, what can I do to strengthen my needier abilities such as the energy balls and telekinesis, etc.?

Thank you so very much.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jownathown
the 'colour game' is flexible, you can use letters, numbers, pets, etc, i tend to use a max of 10 outcomes.

I tried the game but I mixed it up a bit because I had no one to practice with. (I haven't told anyone about my ability except a friend who is out of town). I used four colored pencils (red, violet, black, and green) I rattled them around in my hand, looked away, then dropped them. Then, before I looked to see how they had fallen, I guessed which one had fallen closest to me. I guessed green. When I looked back to see if I was right, the pencils were arranged like so:

violet (left), black (middle), red (right). These three were arranged in an arch and their points towards me. In the middle of the arch, directly at my feet (and closest to me) was the green with it's point facing left. This happened (me guessing correctly and the pencils falling like so) eight times out of ten. What do you make of that? I would assume this means I should be more certain of my ability but I am very new at this. I have only recently accepted the idea that I might have an ability (but I have had suspicions for a few years, now.) If you have contacted anyone who can help me hoan my ability I would greatly appreciate it.

And (above) I found this guy who can give us advice, but I can't U2U him because I have not yet made enough posts. So, I replied but I doubt he will read that because he has not commented on this thread for a while.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yeah, i'm looking into the same thing as you.
thats good going with that pencils game. Nice.
I did it with friends, they thought i'm just mucking about and joking, but i'm dead serious.
I don't know much about honing abilities, i think they will develop on their own, and you'll be more aware as time passes.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thank you, and I understand about your friends. I'm serious as well. And I agree with the hoaning idea but surely there must be something that we can be able to do to quicken its pace. Also, have you tried anything like telekinetics? Or have you only been practicing telepathy?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, before i was trying for telepathy. didn't really get much. i never tried the psiwheel thing, as i didn't want my family to really see i was doing it, and you have to make it.
I think TK comes later, when your mental power has improved.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think your right. I've been trying at the pinwheel and I have barely jostled it. (And to be honest, I think it's because I breathed on it by accident...)

So, for now I am staying with telepathy. Hopefully, it will become increasingly stronger as I practice more. Let me know if you get any further in practice or if you find any information that is helpful to the ability.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sure will do. it's good to have someone in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have a question?

Has anyone tried to collate a list of abilities that are possible?
With an explanation of what they do and what they are?
If not then i will create such a list.

I'm hoping this community does not get shut down like the last 5.

When i say theres a problem try to keep up.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think on other sites they have, but not here.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I haven't yet read everything in the thread, so sorry if this a repost. The Old Testament actually says not to use magic and clairvoyance/that sort of thing. Never does it say it doesn't work, it just says not to.

So these sorts of things were definately known in ancient times.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
your totally right, sometimes when i look at the matrix(movie) i think maybe the guy is symbolizing that we have powers (how they are able to do kung fu and sumon things out of nowwhere by hacking the matrix) and that to awaken them we have to "pick the red pill" so to speak.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well not to down the matrix idea but this isn't exactly the matrix. We just develop extra abilities from some sort of practice. I believe everyone is capable of it but to actually succeed at the abilities you must first believe in them. The Bible idea I do agree with although I don't exactly think it meant natural born powers. I think it just means don't practice witchcraft and such. This isn't magic. It's more of science. By the way, has anyone come any further in their training or has anyone gotten any useful information on hoaning these abilities?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
um i didnt say i think were in the movie i said that the matrix could be SYMBOLISM for people really being able to have these powers

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah, i get what you mean tankthinker. True.

Observigent, I've been going around, trying to 'guess' or predict my friends parents/siblings/pets names. Sounds strange, but i got it right on a couple of people.
It was like i got the first letter, or the sound of the name, then tried from there.

Worth a try eh!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
tankthinker, I know you didn't mean we weer in the movie. I understand now more of how you meant symbolism. I had not remembered the actual symbolism in the movie. You have a point. Forgive me for the misunderstanding.

Jownathown, now I don't quite understand your game. Do you mean you have names written on cards and you try to guess which one it is or what exactly? It sounds as if you are trying to guess what their name is as if you don't know it. Please explain more of what you mean.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Observigent, i mean that someone i do not know that well, i just say , for example, do you have a dog. Then i try to determine, by means of telepathy or whatever, what the name is. Do you understand now? Sorry for being unclear the first time.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Jownathown, thank you for clearing that up. I understand now and I think that is an interesting thing to try. I'll take a go at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join