It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasco

among other "powers" stated here, I experience this kind of stuff constantly. I have, what I call, cat-like reflexes. I can dodge something within a few milliseconds of seeing it, or step over soemthing without seeing it.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ya i cant do any of that stuff,

but seriously my ability is getting out of hand, im using it constantly now and now it works subconciously,

an example is that me and some friends went to tim hortons, i bought some food and noticed that i did not have enough to go to an internet cafe later in the day, then one of my friends said he saw a pouch on the counter that no one was claiming as their own, so i went up and when no one was looking i took it, it had about 5 bucks in change and i ended up having enough,

the worst part of my ability is when it accidentally happens, then i can cause bad things to happen, so now i have to constantly monitor my thoughts

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by observigent

Well, I never thought of it as a superpower as one might say, but more of something abnormal. Nothing extroadinary yet something significant.

I have been able to hear things fairly well, such as hearing what people are saying downstairs even when I have my music on plus the TV on downstairs. As for smell, can't really say i've noticed anything. Scents pass well in the winds so nothing unusual when at college.

Touch, I find often that my skin can go really sensitive and things seem to feel alot better and make my skin tingle a little. Far from be it that enchanced senses is truly a 'superpower' but still worth trying out as they can still be very useful. You never know, sight might develop in to that of a 'predators', multiple visions. Hey, saves buying thermal imaging goggles

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dasco:
Yes, they are very useful when they are needed. *smirks* Although I have not had the sensitivity to touch. Just sound, sight, and smell. Sound is just what you had said earlier: being able to hear things others can't or just don't. As for sight, it's not that of seeing well, such as great distances and such, but just that I notice things others don't, details, and also the being able to maneuver around things without actually having to see them. And smell. Just being able to smell odors at a stronger level (not always the most pleasant thing). Tell me what you mean with extra sensitive skin. What exactly happens? Or how does it work, if you know details.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hey... I think I posted on this thread a couple of months back (about dreams that I had that came true).

I have always had the feeling of being different, even abnormal. Those around me, mainly my mom, tell me that I am just the same.

But lately I have been having this feeling that I have a destiny that is bigger than anybody can explain, sorry for being cliche, but I feel like I have a destiny to save the world.

It is an extremley overwhelming feeling. I cannot concentrate on anything thing else. I don't think, as far as I am informed, that the Earth is in any immediate danger. Ahh... I just wish someone could explain this to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
ya i have the same exact feeling, that im meant for something more, the only problem with me is due to my ability i can change my own destiny (and those of others). but i can change it so that i am, my goal right now is to be:

-the most powerful man in the world
or
-the most important/influencial man in history

so you never know, maybe you'll be one of my generals

(btw, not many people have this feeling, so if you do it must mean that destiny is preparing you for whats going to happen, so dont ever let someone tell you that you are ordinary [remember destiny isnt about chance its about choice] in the end you will make the ultimate decision of what happens to you)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
At observigent:
Thats exactly what I meant by sight, spot on. By touch, it's hard to explain. When you touch something, you obviously feel the texture. Sometimes, my skin goes quite sensitive and the things I normally touch feel unusual but good and I get a tingling sensation. This is the case for my hands, not a new form of contraception

Like I said, I can't really explain it. When temperatures drop alot you notice that it gets cold, i'm talking about being able to notice it has dropped 1 degree (not that I can sense it that well). Thats just an example of what I mean by touch, feeling changes to your surroundings. Touch is a very odd thing in enhancement aspects.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Dasco]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dasco:
Yes, it is.
I understand what your trying to say. (semi) As for the "big picture" at least.

tankthinker and futurexhero: tankthinker has a good point with the fact that you must hold on to what you believe your destiny to be and that you mustn't believe anyone who tells you differently. Maybe, in the end, the reason that we have these powers is that they will be needed in the future for some giant war or some traumatizing experience that is spread world wide. Maybe then it is when we will all be needed and stretched to our limits of our abilities. Tankthinker, if you become a great leader, you have my patriotism.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by observigent]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thank you guys so much! I was so worried that I was crazy (not that there is anything wrong with that). And I always thougt the feeling was more common- like everybody felt like their were destined to be something greater. I guess because my feeling is so strong I made myself think that everybody felt the same way.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am so glad that others feel this way. recently weird stuff has been happening, a lot of weird feelings, and i have started looking for info. there are people that i have even found in my small hometown that are the same way. i was starting to think myself crazy. but what kind of abilities do all you have? if something does happen what will you do? i am new to ATS so i hope it is okay to ask like this, it seems like the appropriate place, sorry if its not. i am just curious how others on this thread feel about this particular topic

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jynx13

that's exactly what this website is for!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I can't believe how much i can relate to the last few posts on this page.
Your touch sensation Dasco, i get that too, if we're on the same thought there.

And it's great we found other like us, i think, that yes, maybe we WILL have to save the world in some way, cliche i know, but i have a deep knowing that i have a larger purpose here.

futurexhero, i am curious, the sign as your avatar, also that subliminal Heroes sign, have you been writing it a lot, and also thinking you see it out of the corner of your eye, or the way things are arranged look like it?
i know i have.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jynx13
I am so glad that others feel this way. recently weird stuff has been happening, a lot of weird feelings, and i have started looking for info. there are people that i have even found in my small hometown that are the same way. i was starting to think myself crazy. but what kind of abilities do all you have? if something does happen what will you do? i am new to ATS so i hope it is okay to ask like this, it seems like the appropriate place, sorry if its not. i am just curious how others on this thread feel about this particular topic

Jynx13, If something does happen (it most likely will) I should hope that we will all stand together to fight against it. If we don't we most likely could fail. I know I will stand with whosoever chooses to fight against whatever may come.

And Jownathown, it's very strange that you should bring that up and in the way that you are having premonitions about it. Just last night I had a dream with that symbol in it. It is all I can remember of the dream though (besides the fact of feeling that something bad happened in it.) I'll let you know whether or not I have any more like that. Hopefully I can remember the whole length of the dream as well. Because you have brought that up, I think that finally I know that my dream may in fact be a premonition, instead of finding, later, that is was. Maybe we will be able to know what exactly we are destined to be up against, before it actually comes. A friend of mine had a repeating premonition of the future. In his dream, he predicts a widely spread disease. We'll see what myself and others can come up with, see if it is the same. I would assume that if all the "super" people who are able to predict the future can come up with predictions, the story with the most majority would be the one we should follow (mostly). As in don't completely ignore the others, but focus on the major premonition. That way we can be ready for it when it comes.

Opinions?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Observigent, i totally agree. I'm having trouble remembering my dreams though, apart from the ones that are stimulated from everyday life. I'll try and be more aware of my dreams now.

Wow, i always thought that was the way it was going to happen, a widespread disease, and anyway, in the current world, disease is the only thing that would really affect the whole world, aside from a huge nucleur war, but even then, people would still try to live as normal.

We all have a purpose here, i know it. There is a deep knowing of that. And i agree with many others, that we will have to stand together against 'it', whatever 'it' may be.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thank you for this response. I am really thankful that so many others feel the same way. i will be there to protect others when this happens , no matter what will occur. i am just glad i won't stand alone in that fight.

i agree that there are those who are are seeing something in the future that we need to know. they may not know it themselves. i tend to lean towards the idea that things are more than coincedence. i know people that i have meant in weird circumstances or at odd times that have turned out to have a connection to what ever is happening. so some of the people we need the most may be closer than we think, the couple of people i have told have helped so much in this. i feel that we need to be careful who we tell but someone near you may know something important or has a connection to this but they don't know who to talk to or where to go.

again i would like to say thank you for being open on this subject, it helps me so much in understanding what is going on.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
like i said before i may not be on the fighting side, if something bug does happen i may be on their side promoting it, we even may end up being enemies, but this is the way of the world,

also something ive been finding is that signs are coming to me all the time, i think they come to everyone its jsut that they are to brain washed or dead to see them, like V says - - There is NO coincidence, only illsusion of coincidence.

ill share a story i have that happened to me two days ago. I was in class bored, because we were having a review for a test, and the lesson ended early, so i decided to try something to leviate my boredom. I had a bunch of penies in my pocket and i started playing the flip game using my power to try and decide the outcome (always heads lol) then one of them dropped about two meters away, i thought oh let it go its just a penny, then i started thowing pennies up in the air and just catching them, and another one fell. This one landed close by to the first, i found it odd but i brushed it away, then a girl was walking right basically on top of them and her feet missed the pennies everytime, now i was perplexed, then her foot hit one of the pennies making it travel horrizontally so that the pennies were still the same distance apart, so i thought for a minute, then i got my ruler and measured the distance between the two which equaled ---> 15 centimeters,

after i got the two dates of on the pennies ->

1979-
------

and it came out to six, i subtracted 6 from 15 and got 9, but i saw no importance, so then i added 15 and 6 to get 21

now the importance of 21 in my life is alot, but for personal reasons ill just explain two

1. 21 is my favourite number backwards 12

2. when i am 21, it will be the year 2012 when everything (the war or whatever) is suppoed to start

there are other things (even more important trust me) about the number that i cannot reveal, but i thought id give a good example of symbolism and signs

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts, tankthinker.

Jynx13, any chance you have AIM/MSN so we could talk more? i already have observigents AIM but i think he's not often online.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jownathown

i do not currently have one but i will look into it and let you know as soon as i get one. i would like to continue discussing this with you as well. i will also work towards getting more posts out so that we can U2U each other.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hello all I just happen to run across this site. I've always been interested in special talents and always wondered if it was real or not. Now I know hollywood has made alot of "powers" popular,but I wonder is there anything that people havent heard of. I personally have always wished I had special ablilities but I dont think I do. I at times that I was invincible, but I think thats a normal teen feeling. I feel as though I'm a very perceptive in the sense that I can read people really well. Anyway do you think that is a power, with my luck probably not but anyway just thought I say I like the site.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
tankthinker: Absolutely incredible. At least we know a idea on time... :/

Jynx: Yes, I would like to talk to you more on AIM as well or when you get one. Mine is elizabethiansnow.

Jownathown: I am a she.
And I am online more now that I am not so busy. Try around 4:00 on weekdays.

Fanatick: It is the beginning of one. That is the way I was for a while until I learned to open my senses and unleash my abilities limits, and I am finding myself becoming increasingly more powerful. You may very well in fact have to unlock them. Practice, practice, practice.

And to all: I am going to try to unlock my dreams tonight so I can remember them. A tip to remember them (it usually works for me), put lavender (either spray/spritzer) on your pillow, or put lavender smelling something in a plastic bag (sealed)
under your pillow. This usually works for me. Hopefully it will help to uncover what will happen. *crosses fingers*

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join