It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi I'm new to the real super power biz. Anyways I was wonder how I can develop this powers on another level.
Currently I can see a individuals arura, sense chakra, and maybe electrokenetic. Also since the Ki University is down I have no place to help me remember how to open the third eye.

Yeah the last one is iffy and I'm really not sure its real. I've been shocked three times within a year. The first time I was was hooking some battery terminals up with a wrench. Oh course I was on the last one then there was a spark. I didn't feel any kind of shock but only the hot liquid metal that burned into my hand. The second time I touched a negative and positive at the same time with a wrench. -.- Thought I learned my lesson. That time was the samething as the first. The last time someone set a battery down behind me and I just happen to fall with a wrench in my hand again. Touched both leads with it and it started to burn. I quickly took it off with disregard of my health. The wrench was not sparred sadly. All these battery are 24volts and I work with them a awful lot thats to the Army. Well thats for listening ^^

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Woah. I'm a bit spooked right now, and pleased at the same time.
At least i know i'm on the right path.

Let me explain.

I was browsing the web, and i took a test just for fun to be honest on a website called Tickle (www.tickle.com), and it was a test on ESP.

They give you a detailed analysis at the end, and the test looks for different types of ESP.

below is the link to my results , in a chart:

img103.imageshack.us...

So i'm gonna try and develop the top 2 results i think.

It's worth taking the test , go check it out.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Jownathown]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i dont think that test is very accurate, just for entertainment, it would be good if there was a real test, that actually extensively explains what we are going through.

But on the topic i think i just hit a breakthrough, i think i moved a bottle cap with my mind. What happened was, i had just finished watching the animatrix, so i was sort of in the mood for this type of stuff. i went over to my computer and the bottle cap was in front of me on the desk. I looked at it and decided i would try to move it, for ten minutes i stared telling myself i believed that i could move it combined with my power (saying that it would move) and i think it twiched. It could have been a trick of my eyes but, to explain it more precisely, it was exactly like at the end of X-men 3 when magneto trys to move the chess piece and it slightly moves, almost nothing, thats how it happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
haha... you people are full of it. seriously.

i'd like to see one shred of fact supporting all of your blind rambling statements.

DEUCE

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saix23001

Yeah the last one is iffy and I'm really not sure its real.

I am.
(That is, if by "the last one" yu mean the so-called Third eye.)
You have no reason to believe me, but I really wish you would.

You might enjoy the book a link to which I posted in a different thread ("How to Wake the Solar Plexus").

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
DEUCE N CHICA: Honestly if your low enough to trash a thread, you truly should not even waste your time and ours by making a fool of yourself. Also, if you have not already read the U2U's sent to all members of ATS then I advise you to read this: (www.abovetopsecret.com...) and watch your tongue. Thank you.

tankthinker: That's an accomplishment. And I know what you mean about the X-men analogy. That's very exciting to hear! I'm glad that progress is being made with all of us.

jownathown: I have to agree with tankthinker, but just a bit. I have to say that it does prove SOMETHING, even slightly. And it is a start. I am wondering though, which quiz was it? I took the long test one but it did not have the same result graph as you did. Could you send me the link?

Many thanks,
Observigent

[edit on 18-12-2007 by observigent]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Observigent, it was the ESP on Tickle.com

I don't think it's completely accurate either, but still shows something.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
its funny when people who are so taken in by the system try to make those who are free look stupid and imcompetent, just because we believe in these powers and do not rely on a dream world to tell us what to do does not mean we are "full of it"

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Really interesting posts I must admit.

This is not a common occurance but has happened a few times. Once when I was the age of 14 (3 almost 4 years ago) I went on holiday to Haven or whatever it was called. Half way through the week I heard our phone ring (Diverted calling ofc
) and started to think about it. All of I sudden I just blerted out "Nanans died". Once my dad picked up the phone I noticed his mood change from happy to sad, in the sense of heart broken. Once he had hung up he told me to go find my sisters in the entertainment center and bring them back to our room. Once I had returned with my sisters, I noticed my dad was now crying with my step-mum holding him. He then told us that my nanan had died.

I didn't know how she died, when exactly but I thought that was pretty spooky. Over the years, very few times, I have been able to predict what will be said by friends and family. As I said, it doesn't occur often and hasn't for over a year. I certainly believe we are capable of more than anything anyone has ever seen.

I wonder how we came into existence. Many people say the big bang, or god and 7 days. Yet how did the big bang explode from nothing? Or how did god come into existence? Strange and unusal things happen, they appear as if from nowhere. The human mind is more complex than anyone could truly understand. Are our brains and bodies only limited by our beliefs and what we are told by "science"?

Evolution, supposedly proven by scientists. We are growing, our abilites expanding and if no one believes in this, or mocks it then they do not truly understand humanities true potential.

Feel free to correct me or support me. Everything I have written could be complete garbage but that is my view on abilities a.k.a superpowers.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Dasco]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow, that's impressive, also, sorry for you loss.

I think you're right, we have more potential than 'Science' says.

Does anyone else feel like they can easily understand foreign languages even if you have had lessons in it?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In the language department I sort of fail

Although some of my friends pick them up easily.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Also, has anyone ever tried having a brain scan while attempting an ability? Would be very rare that this would happen but people win the lottery so why not this?

Surely the scans would show something.

Currently, scientists say our brain and CNS uses electrical impulses. Maybe there is more to it such as some sort of spiritual impulses, something we cannot yet detect. Our mind is vast, we can store great amounts of information in what is essentially just flesh. It can control an entire body, regulate its cirulatory system, lets us know when we are hurt, how we perceive the world, how we sense our surroundings and much more. From just contolling our body in everyday life, our minds/brain is doing a truely outstanding job yet it is a passive and relativly simple activity for us. This must show if that our brains allow us to do so much in our lifes so easily then what could we do if we pushed them to the limit?

You've all probably noticed i'm talking about the same stuff as in my last post but I believe this subject to be majorly important in the cycle of humanity.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
as soon as i am 18 im trying my power on the lottery see if i cant get rich, does anyone ever have the feeling that strange stuff happens to them, alot of the time its as if i hear someone calling my name and no one is there or i sort of feel like someone is moving behind me and no one.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
its funny when people who are so taken in by the system try to make those who are free look stupid and imcompetent, just because we believe in these powers and do not rely on a dream world to tell us what to do does not mean we are "full of it"

You need to burn all your Matrix DVDs.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ha funny, ya you are right burn them and give copies to all my friends, the people who wrote the matrix story have a deep understanding of the world that you will never be able to see because you are blind

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've only slightly been able to understand some languages. To an extent. Not word for word, or the ability to speak back to them but I can a little, and mostly in French. Well, almost ONLY in French.

Also, to those who come to tear down this thread. Please, if you aren't going to speak to us with interest and a positive belief in what we speak about then I suggest you leave and don't waste your time, and more importantly, ours. Thank you once again.

Observigent

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

well i am new to ATS but what truly drew me to this site was this post....in response to your comment i often hear people calling my name or feel like i am being watched ...and there is a reason people call me jynx, lol. thanks and look forward to hearing more from you and everyone else.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People are still insulting others based on their beliefs? Pathetic

If people choose to believe in something or that they have something unique or special, why not let them? They have a belief that they wish to follow so stop scanning forums for people to insult. If you want to come here to insult people for their beliefs because you think they are stupid, then go to 'science' and study our evolution. We've changed from single cell organisms into what we are today, and we aren't anywhere near the end of the cycle so think about that firstly.

Also, anyone noticed that they can see things more clearly than others in the sense of things hidden within a crowd of others or shadows. I've seen an illusion image where there are several faces hidden within it, where above average people get around 4-5. There were around 8-9 in total and I spotted them all.

My step-mum searched the kitchen for around 2 hours to find her car keys, took me litterally 5 seconds as I just walked over to a spot and pulled them out (no, I didn't hide them as a prank
) among many other items.

At night, I often go downstairs for a drink knowing well that i'm bound to step on the babies toys yet I can dodge them quite easily without noticing or seeing where they are, and this includes 3 pushchairs, happyland toys (farms, airports etc), and alot more.

These are just a few examples of what i've noticed and while it may not be spectacular in any sort it's certainly something. Imagine it on a larger scale, the old weapon masters who dodge attacks blind folded by picking up vibes and sounds but being able to do it easily or maybe, using the term loosly, 'predict' where obstacles are.

Just something to keep this discussion going

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Dasco]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
AHEM!

Kindly stay on topic and cease the personal sniping at one an another.

Thanks
FredT, moderator

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dasco, I know what you mean. I've had that same type of thing. I've just never really thought of it as something different from normal or as part of the effects of having an 'super' ability. Though, now that you point it out I see how it could be. Also, on the subject of enhanced senses, Have you (or anyone else) had their senses intensified other than sight. Things such as smell or sound. I've been known to hear things or understand something that goes by quickly, such as someone talking abnormally fast (my speech teacher) but I find myself being the only one in the classroom that is able to understand every word. Also, when someone is whispering something (a normal whisper, not the kind that everyone in the world can hear, *rolls eyes*) I am able to catch what they are discussing whether I want to or not (unless I am deliberately blocking toning them out.) Never have I thought that these could be effects of my already ability, but do you think they could be? Or are they not as rare as I think them to be?

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join