It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA tried to pay off analysts to bury findings that COVID lab leak was likely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
nypost.com...

The Central Intelligence Agency offered to pay off analysts in order to bury their findings that COVID-19 most likely leaked from a lab in Wuhan, China, new whistleblower testimony to Congress alleges.

A senior-level CIA officer told House committee leaders that his agency tried to pay off six analysts who found SARS-CoV-2 likely originated in a Wuhan lab if they changed their position and said the virus jumped from animals to humans, according to a letter sent Tuesday to CIA Director William Burns

Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic Chairman Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio) and Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Mike Turner (R-Ohio) requested all documents, communications and pay info from the CIA’s COVID Discovery Team by Sept. 26.

“According to the whistleblower, at the end of its review, six of the seven members of the Team believed the intelligence and science were sufficient to make a low confidence assessment that COVID-19 originated from a laboratory in Wuhan, China,” the House panel chairmen wrote.

The seventh member of the Team, who also happened to be the most senior, was the lone officer to believe COVID-19 originated through zoonosis.”

“The whistleblower further contends that to come to the eventual public determination of uncertainty, the other six members were given a significant monetary incentive to change their position,” they said, noting that the analysts were “experienced officers with significant scientific expertise.”

Wenstrup and Turner also asked for documents and communications between the CIA and other federal agencies, including the State Department, the FBI, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Energy Department.

In a separate letter, the House committee leaders identified former CIA chief operating officer Andrew Makridis as having “played a central role” in the COVID investigation and asked him to sit for a transcribed interview.

The FBI was the first US intelligence agency to conclude the COVID-19 pandemic most likely originated with a lab leak. In February, the Energy Department also concluded a lab leak was likely, based on new intelligence.

The US intelligence community declassified its 10-page reporton COVID origins in June, which found “biosafety concerns” and “genetic engineering” taking place at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, but most of its “agencies assess that SARS-CoV-2 was not genetically engineered.”

Several scientists at the Wuhan lab also became sick in the fall of 2019 with symptoms “consistent with but not diagnostic of COVID-19,” the report states.

Remember the times when anyone who even suggested SARS-CoV-2 could have been the result of a gain-of-functions research was immediately labelled a conspiracy theorist, a denier of science, an irresponsible individual spreading harmful lies... Who would have thought about it that first the FBI and then the Department of Energy will eventually adopt these 'conspiracy' theories and will come to the same conclusion as the 'conspiracy' theorists.

The CIA has paid analysts to lie about the origin of the virus?! Nooooo that can't be true!

edit on 12-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

if MSNBC doesn't cover it, then it never happened.

It's time to get used to this corruption being a normal thing. When you own the police, what fear do you have?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I found this video pretty informative back in 2020.

I Found The Source of the Coronavirus

Pretty interesting to me, because laowhy86 looks at the Wuhan Lab job postings, its employees, research, and disappearances.

edit on 9-12-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

This just makes the CIA look dumb.

Most of the govt knew you just had to send email threats to get what you want.
edit on 12-9-2023 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The CIA , FBI and other Federal agencies are being ran top to bottom by Ivy League and University Graduates and they are recruiting more everyday.

The Problem with these Graduates is they actually think that piece of paper Degree makes them Intelligent , Makes them right and makes them Superior to the point that they don't realize they are morons being led by other Morons.
edit on 12-9-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Not really related.

But the San Francisco police department are recruiting at my college in Texas tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Not really related.

But the San Francisco police department are recruiting at my college in Texas tomorrow.

Interesting .

Why would San Fransisco PD feel the need to recruit from a Texas University ?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

One can only imagine...

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Covid" was nothing more than the common cold weaponized to cause mass hysteria. Here's a link to an article on the NIH website that helps explain things a little. It's a typical move made by cult leaders when they're losing control of the cult.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeirHeart
"Covid" was nothing more than the common cold weaponized to cause mass hysteria. Here's a link to an article on the NIH website that helps explain things a little. It's a typical move made by cult leaders when they're losing control of the cult.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Enjoy

Most people who are sane will agree that the fearmongering was unjustified but well calculated to provoke the necessary reactions and of course to scare people.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Did you read the article?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Did you read the article?

Yep!

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Follow Your Good Common Sense - Not the Federal Government, if their advice seems out of the norm...

WATCH: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Follow Your Good Common Sense - Not the Federal Government, if their advice seems out of the norm...

WATCH: theconservativetreehouse.com...

The lesson which must learnt is you never have blind trust in the government and the 'experts'. Governments lie a lot, it's part of the game.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Enjoy

Most people who are sane will agree that the fearmongering was unjustified but well calculated to provoke the necessary reactions and of course to scare people.

...and cause a worldwide economic meltdown of unprecedented proportions. Let's not forget that part! The 'MONEY' part.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

The CIA , FBI and other Federal agencies are being ran top to bottom by Ivy League and University Graduates and they are recruiting more everyday.

The Problem with these Graduates is they actually think that piece of paper Degree makes them Intelligent , Makes them right and makes them Superior to the point that they don't realize they are morons being led by other Morons.

You are dead-on correct! Case in point, my nephew has his PhD and his JD from an Ivy league school. He was recruited by both the CIA and the NSA. While he may be book-smart, he has exactly zero common sense. That kid couldn't figure out what end of a hammer to use if his life depended on it. He declined those recruitment efforts so he could pursue being none other than a college professor. Go figure. 'Those who can't do...teach'

These people are a bunch of book smart people who have been walled off from reality, and the truly scary part is they are being used to manipulate 'hearts and minds'.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are dead-on correct! Case in point, my nephew has his PhD and his JD from an Ivy league school. He was recruited by both the CIA and the NSA. While he may be book-smart, he has exactly zero common sense. That kid couldn't figure out what end of a hammer to use if his life depended on it.

It seems a lot of the younger generation are that way. But I don't blame them, I blame the parents.

Not everyone with a college degree lacks common sense or is a moron, but some definitely are.

I put myself through college and the day after I graduated I enlisted in the Marine Corps.

Now *that* was an education that money can't buy.

Plus, with what I earned there in my 6 years of service, I was able to pay off all of my student loans. I don't take credit for that - that mindset and behavior was instilled in me by my parents. I still miss them both every day.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

You are dead-on correct! Case in point, my nephew has his PhD and his JD from an Ivy league school. He was recruited by both the CIA and the NSA. While he may be book-smart, he has exactly zero common sense. That kid couldn't figure out what end of a hammer to use if his life depended on it. He declined those recruitment efforts so he could pursue being none other than a college professor. Go figure. 'Those who can't do...teach'

These people are a bunch of book smart people who have been walled off from reality, and the truly scary part is they are being used to manipulate 'hearts and minds'.

What kind of work did he do for CIA and the NSA?

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Redrgon

He didn't do any work for either of them; he declined the offers and went into teaching instead, as I stated. I'm not sure what they wanted him to do, but it likely had to do with money and economies.

top topics

join