It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have what I call the "sixth-sense".
I keep things like that to myself, because most people think that i am just crazy.
That's part of the reason why I started a Paranormal Investigators group, to find proof of what i see.
These powers that people have, have been around since the dawn of time. Stories have to come from somewhere, and the stories that have been told threw out the years,I would bet 90% of them have some truth behind them.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasco
Well tankthinker, thats your personal opinion. Not fact, but for my age i'd like to consider myself wise. If you knew me, compared to the rest of the people my age in the local area you'd agree. Would discuss wisdom but thats an essay on its own.

wisdom is not something a 17 year old possesses, it comes with age, extreme age, i used to think i was "full of wisdom" too, but i have realized that most people never achieve this state

a person cannot just come in and say that he has wisdom, with no claim to why except that if i met you i would think so,

also, a person with wisdom does not say, "well thats your opinion", they listen to the argument and access it, try to make sense out of it, and reply with an answer gleaming with wisdom, you are not full of wisdom, perhaps you are more clever than others your age,

but until you can prove to me that you have wisdom, i debunk your claim

this topic would be interesting for a thread of its own

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasco

1. You may have said previously, as I have myself but what "powers" have you exherted or come to know about yourself.

2. If you do show signs of abnormal abilities, have you noticed that your "powers" are stronger under certain conditions, or weaker? (Such as a medium for your abilities that can increase the strength somehow)

3. What are your personal views? What do you think about them (are they a gift or curse)?

4. How do you think they can affect your surroundings? including people, the environment and even inanimate objects etc.

5. Have you any theories on how to train/enhance your abilities?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Dasco]

1. I have come to find myself gaining the abilities of remote locating, (a little) precognition, telepathy, and extreme empathy (to the point of being able to actually control the other person's emotions, sometimes without even realizing it).

2. I have now noticed that when my emotions are at their extremes I do have the case of where my abilities intensify.

3. I believe that they are whichever you wish them to be. If you do not control them, or use them against yourself, then they are considered (by yourself too) a curse. Although, if you use them in a controlled manner and use them with your own will, they can be considered to be a gift. Whichever you choose.

4. It all depends on what ability you have. I think that they are just another part of nature. If they were not here to change the way the world is, then we would not have them and/or use them. Just as the world turns, we are to use these abilities. Almost as a must. Almost.

5. I think it is different for everyone. Some, it works better when practicing with another person. For others, it's better to practice alone. You basically just have to experiment with different things, until you find something that works. Once you do, hold onto that and practice with it more and more, while of course, continuing to experiment with other ideas as well.

Futurexhero: I too have added your screen-name. I hope to talk soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
On page one, The Astral City said he/she submitted a request for an ATS Research Project. Does anyone know the current status of this project?

www.worldsuperheroregistry.com... I don't know if this site lists anyone with powers, but it's interesting.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
haha nice points tank but one of the many definitions of wisom is to apply knowledge. "ability to apply knowledge or experience or understanding or common sense and insight" is but one definition of wisdom, and you don't have to be an OAP to do that, as many students my age have to apply their knowledge and experience in their subjects. Yes, older people will have seen many aspects of the world (not saying that everyone has) and can be more 'enlightened' but that doesn't stop younger people from having small amounts of this aswell. After all, there are things that can happen in your life and make your more aware of life and everything within it.

I might not be the most wise person but there is wisdom there. Among the other definitions most do not require you to be aged. Plus I don't need to prove anything, least of all to you and I wouldn't consider myself anymore clever than the people I know. You may look at it differently from me, which is great as it shows people aren't all the same and they can discuss their views but try to keep an open mind and ask what people mean by things rather than jumping in and trying to push your own points across.
Anyway to keep this on topic you can either u2u me or just get back to what the topic of the thread is about.

Zormo777: I haven't looked at the entire website but from what I saw it doesn't show real-life superpowers although its great to recognise people who help others no matter what abilities they have or doesn't have. Has some nice information on superheroes such as :
"The purpose of a costume is not simply to protect the identity of the Real-Life Superhero from criminals that might seek revenge, but to make a statement both to the evil-doers that you fight against and to the world at large: you are not simply someone who happened upon crime or injustice and made an impulsive decision to intervene. You have vowed to actively fight for the betterment of humankind and to serve as an example for others. The costume of a Real-Life Superhero must be of sufficient quality to show some care went into it's creation". I thought that was a good way of describing the use of costumes.

observigent: Thanks for replying as well as the other users. My questions were a little vague but I was mainly trying to get people speaking and for new users to be able to quickly see how others feel about this topic.

Farewell.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Tried to send you a U2U tank but I haven't made enough posts and it wiped a very long message. I'll get around to posting another here or something but until then. Ciao

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
lol too bad, i look froward to reading it

get your post count up soon

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
hi there

ive only joined this froum to reply to this post i just hope someone who can help finds it.

i must start by saying THIS IS TOTALLY GENUINE please believe me as i do need help.

I found out a while ago that i have the ability to manipulate the wind. i know it sounds totally crazy but its true ive prooved it to myself several times. When i walk my dog at night i practise and i am getting better at it. i find music helps me in my control. this is not telepahy it wont work indoors unless i have a window open but outside i can change speed strength and direction of the wind.

Its mental i know i just want to know if anyone else has a similar say elemental abillity and could help me learn to hone it better.

please reply guys its taken a lot of bravery to publicly post this

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
sorry ive never heard anything about that specifically before, but i suggest you try to see if you can change the weather at all, that would be interesting

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hurricane_tornado

Yeah, I've heard of that before, I tried looking it up under 'aerokinesis' but nothing specific came up. I've tried it too, but I don't think it worked. Hope I helped a little.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hurricane_tornado

Can you coroborate this?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi there guys thanks for repling to me

In answer to your questions. No i cant change other weather patterens, at least noticably, ive tried on rain snow etc and have had no effect.

Cheers to the guy that said they've heard of this before does assure me if you do find any links online please post em for me.

Finally, im afraid i dont know what cooberate means, if it means proof i could record a video of me blowing something i guess but how many people would believe it just from a video i dont know. The heaviest thing ive every done it to is myself so cant chuck a car or anything.

Thanks anyway people any more info or help i will be so apprechative

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurricane_tornado
hi there

ive only joined this froum to reply to this post i just hope someone who can help finds it.

i must start by saying THIS IS TOTALLY GENUINE please believe me as i do need help.

I found out a while ago that i have the ability to manipulate the wind. i know it sounds totally crazy but its true ive prooved it to myself several times. When i walk my dog at night i practise and i am getting better at it. i find music helps me in my control. this is not telepahy it wont work indoors unless i have a window open but outside i can change speed strength and direction of the wind.

Its mental i know i just want to know if anyone else has a similar say elemental abillity and could help me learn to hone it better.

please reply guys its taken a lot of bravery to publicly post this

Alright, I do not have this ability nor do I know much about it but in this thread towards the beginning somewhere are conversations concerning this power. I believe you and I wish all the luck to you in finding any information that might be of use to you.

With good wishes,
Observigent

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
cheers mate will look through the thred closer

thanks for the faith

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hey Ive been looking for a site like this for the past month... An hope some believes me i fink i have a bond with fire
i dnt no why but when i see a flame like candles i can feel its power, Rage ,warmth etc like i cud be like 500 metres from a flame an still feel it lately ive been siting concentrating on candles an i seem to make it bigger. Or when i walk into a room the flame turns up a notch. also My body tempreture its always hot when eva my girlfriend hugs me im always hot like as if ive got a fever an i cant handle hot or warm showers these days i need cold showers to cool down an the wierd thing is the bathroom mirror is all foged up. I need answer can some one please help me is this somthing in my head or somthing much more ?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Btw is there such thing as rage affecting your television ?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hurricane, when I was younger I had something very similar. It's completely gone now, but when I had it I could do very much what you can do now, although I had minor influence over WHAT weather was present. It was odd. Now though I think I have an enhanced sense of anticipation. Not very spectacular, but I find myself looking in places a few seconds before it happens. Or I just know something will happen a few moments before it does. It's sort of strange, but maybe it could grow? Im pretty unsure about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeroSyn
Hey Ive been looking for a site like this for the past month... An hope some believes me i fink i have a bond with fire
i dnt no why but when i see a flame like candles i can feel its power, Rage ,warmth etc like i cud be like 500 metres from a flame an still feel it lately ive been siting concentrating on candles an i seem to make it bigger. Or when i walk into a room the flame turns up a notch. also My body tempreture its always hot when eva my girlfriend hugs me im always hot like as if ive got a fever an i cant handle hot or warm showers these days i need cold showers to cool down an the wierd thing is the bathroom mirror is all foged up. I need answer can some one please help me is this somthing in my head or somthing much more ?

NeroSyn,
I can say I do believe you. I actually know someone with a similar condition that you have. You have a manipulation over fire (obviously) and this can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you use it. If you concentrate and practice on controlling it you could do great things with this power. Fire does not feel rage though, that is most likely just the emotion it makes you feel. This is probably because it is THIS particular emotion (rage) that has the most power over the fire element therefore if you can take a hold of that power of emotion and twist it into a way that can be used even when you aren't angry then you may have something there. Also, concerning the TV, yes, it is possible. Electronics are usually a big deal when it comes to supernatural abilities. I know several people whose emotions often break electronics they own. So watch your temper or you could find yourself with a blown television.

Good luck to you.
Observigent

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
About the electronics thing, I'd just like to say I've had some personal experience with that. Things seem to just go bizzaro. (trying to think of a good word to use>
) Just wanted to say that while on the subject. See ya later

[edit on 20-2-2008 by paranormalalities]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thanks Dude another wierd fing is i have a burn on my arm lol but its healed into a flame symbol lol the other day i went out to a party an had my arm against a candle i didnt feel it burning intill my friend told me lol is it possible if u can manipulate fire can it heal yoouu ?

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join