It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyCracker

Thanks for the correction, though aren't people in a tolerant world allowed to be intolerant? Aren't we supposed then to be tolerant of other's intolerance? Putting the nuts asside that kill in the name of their gods...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

Thanks for the correction, though aren't people in a tolerant world allowed to be intolerant? Aren't we supposed then to be tolerant of other's intolerance? Putting the nuts asside that kill in the name of their gods...

I see your point.

I just think people should show respect to another person, despite their cultural, national, or religious differences. I mean, when it comes down to it...are we really so different?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ConspiracyCracker]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kanati

Because that was not a "religious fight" they were fighting over land nad food and sometimes just for money. Durring the civil war many native americans sidded with the south, and war was nothing new to the native americans. They were killing eachother off long before americans got here, and many were killed by small pox and other diseases. You give me an accurate population of pre-columbian america and from that a real count of how many were killed (on both sides) and we will see if that number comes close to the number of people killed by the Athiests in power.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Religion is not the root of all evil, man is the root of all evil, I am not christian either I follow no faith, However I do understand the role that religion playes in human civilization, and we are not ready to move on past that yet.

The problem is not with what the bible says it but with how it is read, we live in a much diferent time, , I dont there is a person alive that Understands the bible its all Intererpitation.

There is one pasage that I remember about homosexuality in livitcus i sked about the whole if man should lie with another man then he shall be put to death VS the Shalt not kill commandment. And through out my life I have have heard 3 interpitations.

The literal Translation that is used to vilify That it is exactly as it says all homosexuals should be put to death.

The New age version as I would call it, where put death actually means Eternal Death or damnation in hell.

and it has even been expained as being a part of the old testiment Before Christ there for carries Little weight.

3 Different Christans 3 different Interpitations of the same passage!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah im not saying christians are bad or anything they are pretty good people but im an athiest and i have to say christians are some of the worst people ever and i can hardly even go around asking people about religion and then telling them im an athiest without geting asked to leave

Are you sure you don't speak bluntly and without any regard, maybe that's why they asked you to leave, they are all human, with emotions and patience at side. Don't judge them due to their religious beliefs, judge them logically.

BTW, I find it ironic how you consider these people the worst ever; when they strive to help the needy in Africa, Middle East, Asian and all around the world through participative Charities; such as: World Vision, mission1m, Child Fund International, Children Incroporated, Compassion international, Plan USA, Save the Children and many more to list.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

You should really read the thread before you start quoting me. If you read that over again i was paraphrasing in a humorus way, something that someone else said.
So
1.READ the thread
2.Remove foot from mouth.
3.Post

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A nore recenr battle fought in the name of Christ, was Iraq, both George Bush and Tony blair believed God wanted them to invade Iraq.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah im not saying christians are bad or anything they are pretty good people but im an athiest and i have to say christians are some of the worst people ever and i can hardly even go around asking people about religion and then telling them im an athiest without geting asked to leave

Are you sure you don't speak bluntly and without any regard, maybe that's why they asked you to leave, they are all human, with emotions and patience at side. Don't judge them due to their religious beliefs, judge them logically.

BTW, I find it ironic how you consider these people the worst ever; when they strive to help the needy in Africa, Middle East, Asian and all around the world through participative Charities; such as: World Vision, mission1m, Child Fund International, Children Incroporated, Compassion international, Plan USA, Save the Children and many more to list.

...and it's typical how you just assume Atheists have no morality at all. I'm sure there's no Atheist on Earth who cares about charities for all those needy people...

I donate money to charities whenever I can, and I'm an atheist. But like I said, typical.

But if you weren't implying this I apologize.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There should be respect, but we can't confuse that with "lack of passion" either. Isnt part of being tolerant of others beliefs also allowing them to be passionate about those beliefs? In a "tolerant" world we have to allow people to express their "intolerance" in a passionate way and be patient when them when they dont meet our requirements of respect. Otherwise we are just as intolerant as they are. By the way...good points yourself...dont give up, unfortunately human beings are just that human...lol

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
A nore recenr battle fought in the name of Christ, was Iraq, both George Bush and Tony blair believed God wanted them to invade Iraq.

No my good sir, a Central Intelligence Agency badly in need of reform wanted them to do that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Make sure to back that statement with some documentation...I have never read any offical statement that connected our involvement in Iraq as something based on religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Make sure to back that statement with some documentation...I have never read any offical statement that connected our involvement in Iraq as something based on religious beliefs.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

www.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

There you go, both Blair and Bush believed God told them to fight wars.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A Christian is measured by his deeds, not by the coat he wears.

Having said that, I have met a great many Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, Presbyterians and so on, but I have met few christians.

a label does not define a person. You ever read fight club?

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f***ing khakis."

A person is not a christian because they attend church, Christ isn't in a church, he sin't in a bible study group. Christ is in a soup kitchen, christ is in the mind of someone who decided not to beat their child and hug them instead, christ is in the heart of the junky who desperately wants to stop and so on.

All manner of people have been killed in the names of many gods.

To this day, people are put to death for offenses against a religious precept. Muslims and Hindus still kill each other over differences in way of living!

What large group of Christians does this? the last I heard of any warriors who killed in the name of jesus were the phalangists in Lebanon.

prior to that? 13th century? Inquisitions of the 15th century? I don't think there's been a decidely "Christian" army in centuries.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

www.bbc.co.uk...

You are a little too literal about this my good sir.

And who is Nabil Shaath?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

click the link, he's the former Palestianian foreign secretary. So my evidence is not good enough?

Im noy saying its the reason they went to war, but makes it easier for them to believe God is on their side and had an effect on their decisions

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Your argument is no different than a female saying that she hate males because of all the evil things that men have done.

Lets be 100% honest here- You hate Christians because you hate God.

Christians (past and present) have, and will do bad things, but at least the true believers realized that they were guilty as charged before a Holy God and asked for forgiveness through His sacrificed Son, Jesus Christ.

Shake your fist at God and His children all you like. You still will have NO excuse in the day of judgement. Your argument that Christians were bad people too isn't going to cut it.

Repent of your sin against the Living God and flee the wrath that is to come. Jesus Christ is your only hope.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
AdmiralObama, I'm curious...who exactly are you talking to?

And if you are talking to me, I have already said it before: I don't hate christians and I don't hate God...I think people of all religions and beliefs - and that includes Christianity - deserve to be treated equally, as human beings. Many think that because they believe in one certain religion makes them superior over everyone else. Which isn't true at all.
We're all human. We all deserve equal respect, no matter what we believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, like Bill Cobsy said.

I put you into this world, and I can take you back out!

... that was kind of dark for Cosby.. maybe he was channeling God.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed21185fd0ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

well that would be all well and good, but a lot of this still happens today, we asll as the discrimination and prejudice inherent in the whole christian sect.

It's bad to the point that many christians aren't even christians at all but take the name just to avoid persecution.

onward christian soldiers...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join