It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger you have my support. If I truely did not believe in God, I would not spend my little time here on Earth focusing on those who do believe. I would be spending all my time trying to fill the void in my life with whatever greedy garbage I could till I die and rot in my grave. That is all the non-believer has to hope for...the here and now.

Athiest, why waste your time pointing fingers at Christians? Get out there as a proud athiest and grovel in your sinfulness. Show those Christians what real living is all about! Grab all the gusto you can and ignor that tugging at your heart that can only be filled by God.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Well, like Bill Cobsy said.

I put you into this world, and I can take you back out!

... that was kind of dark for Cosby.. maybe he was channeling God.

I think he was channeling Chuck Norris actually.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh I do look forward to the day when people realise how irrelevant religion is, and also how un-necessary it is. That day is not far off.

Like most stone age theories, religion has been proven wrong, time and time again. Now we can move on to exploring things based on fact. You know - 9/11 official reports and things like that!

The Para.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger you have my support. If I truely did not believe in God, I would not spend my little time here on Earth focusing on those who do believe. I would be spending all my time trying to fill the void in my life with whatever greedy garbage I could till I die and rot in my grave. That is all the non-believer has to hope for...the here and now.

Athiest, why waste your time pointing fingers at Christians? Get out there as a proud athiest and grovel in your sinfulness. Show those Christians what real living is all about! Grab all the gusto you can and ignor that tugging at your heart that can only be filled by God.

I hope when you say 'atheist' you aren't referring to me. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I'm saying every single person has the right to what they believe and they should not be discriminated for it. It's sickening really, that some people think of themselves as superior to another because they believe one certain religion and someone else believes in another. We are ALL created equal. No document, no Bible, no man has to say it for it to be true. It should be common sense. But then again, there's not that much around these days is there?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ConspiracyCracker]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The whole murder/rape accusation can be summed up by the following passage:

"Beware of false teachers who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are wolves and will tear you apart. You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You need never confuse grapevines with thorn bushes or figs with thistles. Different kinds of fruit trees can quickly be identified by examining their fruit. A variety that produces delicious fruit never produces an inedible kind. And a tree producing an inedible kind can't produce what is good. So the trees having the inedible fruit are chopped down and thrown on the fire. Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit produced. "Not all who sound religious are really godly people. They may refer to me as 'Lord,' but still won't get to heaven. For the decisive question is whether they obey my Father in heaven. At the Judgment many will tell me, 'Lord, Lord, we told others about you and used your name to cast out demons and to do many other great miracles.' But I will reply, 'You have never been mine. Go away, for your deeds are evil.' (TLB, Matthew 7:15-23)

or maybe...

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." (NIV, Luke 6:45)

or maybe...

"Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting." (NAS, Romans 16:17-18)

or perhaps...

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and clever in their own sight!" (NAS, Isaiah 5:20-21)

and finally...

"For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, Guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; Discretion will guard you, understanding will watch over you, To deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things; From those who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;" (NAS, Proverbs 2:6-13)

You see, my God is anything but the ruthless murderer that many may claim. He is fair and just.

"Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man." (Genesis 9:6)

Do not blame my God for the injustices of this world, rather, accept the fact that humans act towards their own agenda but when caught in a rather despicable act they will point fingers. They clutch at scapegoats and don't care who is left to take the blame. It's easy to push man's responsibilities onto a loving Creator which so many don't even think exists. It's easy to push man's responsibilities onto something you don't believe in. It's a win-win in the eyes of these individuals.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm not blaming God. I'm not blaming Allah. I'm not blaming Buddha.

I'm blaming HUMAN BEINGS for thinking they are above everyone else because they believe in a religion that another doesn't. I believe in EQUALITY. I don't care what you believe. I just want people to be treated equally despite what religion they have.
Stop taking me out of context.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Like most stone age theories, religion has been proven wrong, time and time again.

The Para.

Really? I'd like to see when, where, and how it has been proven wrong. What's wrong with loving my Father? What's wrong with me being willing to obey Him? What's wrong with honoring my parents? What's wrong about refusing to lie/cheat/steal/or murder? What's wrong with loving my neighbor as I love myself? What's wrong with sharing and caring? What's wrong with love?

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by Parallex

Like most stone age theories, religion has been proven wrong, time and time again.

The Para.

Really? I'd like to see when, where, and how it has been proven wrong. What's wrong with loving my Father? What's wrong with me being willing to obey Him? What's wrong with honoring my parents? What's wrong about refusing to lie/cheat/steal/or murder? What's wrong with loving my neighbor as I love myself? What's wrong with sharing and caring? What's wrong with love?

A2D

Nothing is wrong with any of that.

But stop acting like Christians are the only good people on the planet.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyCracker

Your "context" comes through loud and clear. Political Correctness insists that all beliefs are "equal". Good is bad. Bad is good. Other such meaningless mumbo-jumbo...bla-bla-bla

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I wasn't necessarily speaking to you, if that's what you thought then I apologise.

It's not even humans that are to blame though. The simple fact is that humans have and will continue to the end of this time to be manipulated. It's our nature. I don't agree that people think they are superior to another individual because they believe in a given religion and the other individual does not. Rather, a lot of the arguments and such stem from intolerance and misunderstanding. Also, a lot of it stems from the church's implementation of spreading the gospel. Christians, among other religions, feel it is their duty to inform the uninformed which is not rightly so. While it's good to help and guide, "to those that have ears to hear let them hear". That doesn't mean force it upon someone that clearly doesn't want to listen or "doesn't have ears to hear".

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In all my replies you will never hear such words from me. I have never and will never limit "good" to only followers. If that were the case this world would be so much worse than its current state.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Your "context" comes through loud and clear. Political Correctness insists that all beliefs are "equal". Good is bad. Bad is good. Other such meaningless mumbo-jumbo...bla-bla-bla

Other such meaningless mumbo jumbo? That's why you get to live freely in a country that allows you to believe as you do and post on websites such as these. I give up.

You can't win an argument against those who have no respect for their fellow man.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

In all my replies you will never hear such words from me. I have never and will never limit "good" to only followers. If that were the case this world would be so much worse than its current state.

I'm glad to hear it.

I know there are some out there who respect others no matter what, but some would like to see Muslims, Atheists, or whatever wiped off the face of the Earth. And that sickens me.

And it also sickens me that some people think all muslims are terrorists simply because the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are.

There is an extreme amount of prejudice based on religious beliefs, and it needs to end.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by trey85

Are you kidding? That statement is simply ignorant of historical fact, as is the one who origionaly posted this thread...lacking any documented basis...built on nothing but personal emotional foundations...and using biased sources..

Yup that sounds exactly like xtianity to me have a star for your observational powers.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyCracker

Other such meaningless mumbo jumbo? That's why you get to live freely in a country that allows you to believe as you do and post on websites such as these. I give up.

You can't win an argument against those who have no respect for their fellow man.

I do respect my "fellow man". It's the mumbo-jumbo of PC that says it doesn't matter what you believe I find discusting.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This thread's title is incorrect.

It should in fact, be titled: killed in the name of what you believe in.

People have the right to stand and fight for what they believe. There are exceptions, when it comes to terrorism and acts of violence of course, but there is nothing wrong about standing up and saying you would rather be different than someone else. There is nothing wrong with saying you would rather be a Christian over a Muslim, or vice-versa. There is nothing wrong believing what YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.

That's the point I've been trying to make this whole time.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by LDragonFire

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings were fabricated, he was used.

The bible is just a way to divide the masses.

Part of the fabrication being that if the dude was indeed one real character, he wouldn't have been from Nazareth. apparently the place didn't exist in the 11st century.
Looks more likely someone trying to conceal Nasorean from the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This thread's title is incorrect. It should in fact, be titled: killed in the name of what you believe in. People have the right to stand and fight for what they believe

There is an ocean of difference between fighting for what you believe and "killing" in the name of an invisible man in the sky.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Some say the game is religion, some say it's manipulation. I say it's both.

Establish a relationship with the Father instead of the priest. Ask the Father for help instead of asking your priest. Ask the Father for guidance and knowledge of scripture instead of asking your priest. Seek for yourself through yourself and the truth will be yours. The truth is only given to those that seek and it's only given on one authority and that authority does not work at your church, I'm sorry...

Edit: Once again, they're not killing in the name of God, rather, they're substituting darkness for light, evil for good, a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's easy to see if you have eyes to see.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyCracker

I do respect my "fellow man". It's the mumbo-jumbo of PC that says it doesn't matter what you believe I find discusting.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by romanmel]

So how doesn't it matter, exactly? Just because you are Christian ( I guess) and I'm Atheist, does that make you a better human than me? Do you have better morals than I do? Or in fact, let's switch that around. Does that make me a better human than you? Absolutely not. Do I have better morals than you? Absolutely not. I'd hope you'd have the same answers. We are all different, we all have different views, we all have different opinions...but does that mean we can't show respect?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join