It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This thread is dumb. Evil people do evil things and some will twist religion or create a new religion or just find some dumb ass excuse to do evil.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Christians like to point out that atheist governments like Stalin killed 20 million people, and they don't hate the person they hate the sin.....I don't by this, and I use history to prove my point.

We have to bare in mind that these people were nut jobs doing things because they were nut jobs, not "in the name of atheism" which is a world apart from doing something in the name of jesusyahwhe god.

Nice post by the way S&F

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Will Christians forever be stained by the actions of usurpers who took advantage of unbelievably ignorant masses over the course of the last 1500 years?

Absolutely yes and rightly so. So long as these people hand out books to my children instructing believers to stone homosexuals/naughty boys etc to death, the stain should remain.

If these diabolical and repugnant verses are no longer relevant and the new jesus god does not require them to be inforced then they should simply be removed without all the BS rhetoric surrounding them.

So long as we have books which include verses that are no more moral than that of the Koran, how can we possibly trust those who believe then nonsense when they acquire positions of authority ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Jesus Christ is nothing like any church on earth, including the so-called Christian church which abuses His name.

I was lead to believe ha and yahwhe were one and the same being ?

“Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine.

Sounds pretty much the same here though , love me the invisible man in the sky or be killed.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

i never said that the believers killing anyone was good, nice strawman. You can't really paint the believer side to be this horrible murdering group of people while not holding the non believer side to the same standard.

You also can't justify the murder perpetrated by the believer side, because atrocities that have occurred by non believers. This is what has always happened in the past when I raised this topic in conversation......And the argument that it was man sinning so you can't judge the organization for the individual sin.

Perhaps I have expected too much, but if you believe in the trinity and are saved according to modern church teaching, I would expect more from people filled with the holy ghost, but all I see is sin greed, pride, murderers and rapists cutting a bloody path through history in the name of God to control and dominate the population. With this history it's no wonder that Europe has become so secular.

24When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"

25All the people answered, "Let his blood be on us and on our children!" Mathew 27:24-25

We are all guilty, we are born bad selfish and greedy. This thread is about organized religion and how it has killed in the name of Jesus Christ and has controlled or attempted to control the population of Earth, not for the principals of love, understanding, charity but for power and control of the people.

Originally posted by joesomebody
It's not man's place to judge good and evil, but God's. Only direct instructions from God to kill the sinners would've been taken and carried out, unless a man sinfully misinterpreted or bent God's instruction for his own purposes. During the OT times, the High Priest directly communed with God and got definitive yes and no answers with the Urim, Thurim, and breastplate.

If the apple looks fresh and ripe it is good, if it is rotten to the core it is bad. These groups of people have judged there fellow man and then killed them, Now I wish to talk about it and if I choose to judge them in my own mind I certainly will do so, but it would be so much easier to ignore all of this and dwell on all the good religions have brought to the world like charity, but other than charity Im having a hard time finding anything else Good here.

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

It's clear from that thread that the holy trinity was, from my understanding, explained fairly accurately to you and yet you still label my God as a contradictory hypocrit.

I was not convinced that the trinity was from God, and that it is MAN that is contradictory and went against the teachings of Christ by adding the holy trinity to make Christianity more palatable towards Pagans at a time when the Roman Empire by decree outlawed Pagan worship with the penalty of death.

This thread Is Not God or Jesus Christ Bashing at all.

Its more about the supposed Good Guys [Christians] killing in the name of God and corrupting the teachings of Christ for power and control of the people.

History will be the judge.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie21m
This thread is dumb. Evil people do evil things and some will twist religion or create a new religion or just find some dumb ass excuse to do evil.

I whole heartedly agree with you.

Using our history as an example both recorded and personal, we'll all be able to agree with the FACT that Christians done evil things, just as Atheists did, or Romans, or the Germans, or the guy on my street that used to bully kids.

The point is, we all seem to be trying to point the blame finger at different religions, cultures or races but the fact is it's people. People do evil things of all religions, cultures and races and whatever "category" you wish to place them in. People commit these crimes, if it's in the name of religion or not, it's still wrong and until people can accept this, and accept a change in their own lifestyle and culture we're doomed to continually have a destructive and evil history to pass on to our children.

People are evil ladies and gentleman.. people.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Congrats to the OP - this gets my award for the most utterly useless thread ever....great job.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings were fabricated, he was used.

The bible is just a way to divide the masses.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would appreciate your thread to be filled with supported facts, not something you found on Wikipedia, or some obscure revisionist historical opinion that you found on the internet. What you have stated here as facts are not facts, and the challenge for you is to show us the documents to support your hatred for a faith that is cherished by billions around the world.

I could go on and on about the historical inaccuracies but that would be a waste of time, so I simply ask that you provide proof for your accusations. They cannot come from Wikipedia, nor can they come from some commentary where the author has a "beef" against Christians. That means you have to truly research, provide the examples from historical records and present them to us for a proper debate, and if you cannot do that then I would say you don't have any support for your opinion except for your clear disdain for the religion as a whole.

It's time for you to grow up here and properly prepare for a thread such as this...I look forward to seeing what you can find.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Every religion has it's pros and cons (but every religion IMO mostly has cons, especially if you believe something else).

I'm not attacking anyone here, nor am I saying I dislike Christians as a whole, but I'm an atheist and I can hardly go a month without being criticized by at least five Christians. I find the majority of Christians (that I have met) to be some of the most intolerant, self absorbed, and hateful people on the planet.

Again, I am not saying this about Christianity as a whole. I'm just saying I believe everybody has the right to believe what they want without someone else calling their religion (or any kind of belief for that matter) evil, wrong, or retarded. I'd hope most members of ATS would understand what I mean.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyCracker

LOL I love it that you stress the claim that your not saying anything bad about christians, then go on about how bad they are. I am sure you got yourself into pleanty of those arguments with christians with your opinions as well. Don't be surprised when some of those christians offer their opinions back at ya.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU beat me to it.

"Yeah im not saying christians are bad or anything they are pretty good people but im an athiest and i have to say christians are some of the worst people ever and i can hardly even go around asking people about religion and then telling them im an athiest without geting asked to leave."

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Awesome post s&f but it dont matter god was just showing his "love" with the slaughtering of millions lol.When will christians ever learn there god is EVIL

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

LOL Sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

Are you kidding? That statement is simply ignorant of historical fact, as is the one who origionaly posted this thread...lacking any documented basis...built on nothing but personal emotional foundations...and using biased sources...but hey man your intitled to your opinion too...lol

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by ConspiracyCracker

LOL I love it that you stress the claim that your not saying anything bad about christians, then go on about how bad they are. I am sure you got yourself into pleanty of those arguments with christians with your opinions as well. Don't be surprised when some of those christians offer their opinions back at ya.

Hey, I said the ones I know. I didn't say all. And I'd be happy to listen to your opinions, or anyone's for that matter, as long as I get the same respect.

And I know I said Christians are intolerant, but I should have said this: all religions are intolerant of each other. And until we learn to respect such opinions, and stop killing each other over it, then we might stop having these types of arguments. Everyone is entitled to their own belief, and it is their natural right as a living being to do so. That's all I'm saying.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ConspiracyCracker]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I noticed how you left out the Native Americans that were slaughtered here in the United States. Why is it that everytime mass death gets talked about, the slaughter of Native Americans gets left out? Millions of Indians died at the hands of religious/greedy Americans. Complete tribes on the east coast were wiped away, and yet this doesn't get mentioned.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You should be careful how you thread the grass here when referencing Christianity, since there are many different types of Christian religions, and they vary in great length.

This is like pointing a finger at Sunni of Shiite Muslims and referring to them as one, despite the fact of their current difference leading to numerous disputes.

For example; some various Christian groups, mind you, Jehovah Christian's have only reformed a century ago, so we should not count them on the basis of your historic evaluation of killings.

Churches without sacramental Ordination
** Protestant *** Lutheran (Minor Exception)
Presbyterian Methodist Anabaptist ***
Baptists Pentecostals Brethren Amish Non-Trinitarians
*** Universalists Unitarians Quakers Restorationists
** Church of Jesus christ of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons)

Jehovahs Witnesses Charismatics Christadelphians Episcopalian
** Anglicans, Episcopal churches, etc Catholic
** "Roman" Catholic (Western Rite Catholicism)
*** Sedevacantists Those who follow Anti-popes Old Catholics Catholics
who Follow the Pope Eastern Orthodox (under the Patriarch of constantinople)

*** Greek Orthodox Russian Orthodox Serbian Orthodox et cetera Coptic (Under pope Gnostic or Esoteric Christianity

[edit on 11/18/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kanati
reply to post by zaiger

I noticed how you left out the Native Americans that were slaughtered here in the United States. Why is it that everytime mass death gets talked about, the slaughter of Native Americans gets left out? Millions of Indians died at the hands of religious/greedy Americans. Complete tribes on the east coast were wiped away, and yet this doesn't get mentioned.

This is quite true.

But it wasn't just Americans. The Europeans were also guilty of this to some extent.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

As you say, they didn't follow Christ, and that's why they did what they did. They acted like those who don't know Christ, and that would be the rest of the world. So this is a good analogy of what people of the world are like at it's basic level. Godless, uncaring, selfish, envious, self willed, boastful, slanderers, murderers, thieves, etc. on and on.

The point is... they didn't follow Christ. So don't hate so called Christians of the past for what they did, it's what they didn't do that made them like the rest of the world....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join