It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by moocowman

(sarcasm)

You're right. Jesus carried around swords everywhere he went. Not symbolic at all.

(end sarcasm)

Well if he was a real character It could have been the case, depending on which of the jesus s this character is based upon.

The zealots would defiantly have carried their weapons, and one could possibly conclude that the contrary descriptions of judas' death could be alluding to Peter spilling Judas' guts with his dagger a parlor trick of the zealots.

Whatever, it is plain to see that brothers and sisters etc were in conflict, brothers and sisters fathers etc could also mean close friends or cousins uncle aunts, if xtian symbolism is to be taken in to account.

So there you go, jesus said he would do it, it did happen so he must be the cause. If it didn't happen then symbology could be an alternative perhaps.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The sad thing about this is that everyone fails to realize that if it hadn't been Christianity, it would have been another mainstream religion the one doing this.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelur

The sad thing about this is that everyone fails to realize that if it hadn't been Christianity, it would have been another mainstream religion the one doing this.

You seem very certain that humans could not learn to reason till the 18th century.

You seem to forget that Christianity was enforced with roman authority , do you not think that humans could have evolved without the tyranny of religions ?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh, but there is another "great" religion that is doing this right now. It is called Islam and they are just picking up steam. See this post.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by tungus]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

You seem very certain that humans could not learn to reason till the 18th century.

You seem to forget that Christianity was enforced with roman authority , do you not think that humans could have evolved without the tyranny of religions ?

Humans would be in the same place without the tyranny of religions. Look at Stalin, he killed millions and he was not influenced by religion.

I agree with the fact that Christianity was enforced with the Roman authority, and I condemn them. I can look at the past and say that what the Romans did to Christianity was evil and sadistic. But you are labeling the whole Christianity today based on things happening centuries ago.

Everywhere you look, there is good and evil in everything. Yet somehow you always take the negative perspective of Christianity and attack every aspect. You make it seem as if this world would be perfect in every way if religion was banished. You make it seem as though the Roman leaders would not invade other countries if there was no religion. If that is how you think, than you are ignorant.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

boohoo. this happens with every religion. nothing can stop murderers from flying any banner they want. i'm a christian, i don't have to be defined or apologize or give my faith any second thought based on the actions of some of these people. if you want to talk about real systemic problems caused by christianity you gotta go back a few centuries. political islam is the big threat to pluralism and secular democracy today.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

great response. i can't stand constant snarky reminders by many of my friends that 'the crusades happened.' woopty-doo. gotta love family guy telling us the world would be a technological utopia if it wasn't for christianity...i guess kinda like everywhere else but europe was in the 1600s? ....um, yea.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Killed in the Name of Christ

In Re: OP

Nice bit of history research but, aren't you wasting all that hate by hating your preferred stereotype for things that occurred hundreds of years ago?

No, don't worry. I won't point out that even back then, not all Christians were ee-ville or that if you must judge people, then you should try and do it on an individual basis, instead of lining millions up for your personal firing squad, that committed no crime other than being born and following a faith.

And yes, I could do a little griping of my own, like pointing out what I see as the future of my country and world in the hands of those who believe as you...

My world: In God We Trust

Your world: Trust No One

My world: God Bless America

Your world: God d*mn America!

My world: One Nation, Under God

Your world: No Nation, Under Canada

My world: Merry Christmas!

Your world: Eat S**t and Die!

My world: God created the universe and all that is in it in six days, and rested on the seventh.

Your world: It was a big bang… now get your ass back to work!

The next inquisition will be of your own making but every bit as unholy as the first.

On the upside, I am happy to report that at my age, I will likely be long gone before you finally succeed in the transformation. And this is a good thing because you should be willing to live in, and support, the world you build for yourself.

Cheers and... Merry Christmas

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Did you ever think that the Christian God could possibly think at a level above human understanding? That death might not be what we think it is? Just because something seems horrific doesn't mean it actually is!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by joshuacrumbaugh

It's true joshua. "My way is not your way." Which, could also mean that what we perceive as death isn't actually what death is. There's only one true reality and that's the reality of the one true creator. We make our own reallity here and often times it blinds us to the much larger picture. We are so infatuated with what is seen we seldom give the unseen a chance.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshuacrumbaugh
Did you ever think that the Christian God could possibly think at a level above human understanding? That death might not be what we think it is? Just because something seems horrific doesn't mean it actually is!

So, the Christian god thinks at a level above human understanding and that makes horrific death ok?

What does Mr. Higher Understanding care, it's not like he's being killed- he's immortal. It's just stupid humans.

I guess killing natives is fine as long as they get blessed in the name of Christ before they die. That way they are saved by Jesus and enjoy his presence. The Spanish actually believed this in the 15th century, I do not know if they still believe it now.

I can't speak for you but I'd have a hard time laughing it up in heaven with the same guy who killed me, my family and the whole village.

What do you do after say fifty or so years in heaven with Jesus, the guy who killed you shows up in a knight's suit? How can you be sure that he's not going to do the same as the last time you saw him?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by tungus]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have no idea if Jesus was God or the Messiah, I do know that if we followed the mans ideals there would be peace in the world.

Love your neighbour, turn the other cheek, befriend a prostitute, treat everyone especially women as equals etc., etc.

Mankind will use any excuse to create havoc and weld power be it under the canopy of religion or politics.

We have to accept that humans have not really evolved that well, despite all the advances in medicine and technology we still are hell bent on killing each other for territory and power, we..society not individuals.. kill for pleasure, what other species does this? we have little regard for what we are doing to each other or the planet. If this wasn't true no child would die of hunger or thirst anywhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Don't forget that Christians suppressed the sciences, remember what they did to Galileo?

I like it when modern Christians try to dissociate themselves from Catholicism...it is entertaining. I do not care what denomination you are, track the history of your religion and your sub-genre of the Christian faith probably came from the Holy Roman Empire at some point in time. That would include everything that you believe about Christianity....

Religion is the biggest waste of time for society.

You talk as though the Reformation never happened or you have no clue as to its significance. Martin Luther's 95 Theses was a declaration that the Roman Catholic Church has strayed far from Scripture.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You can't have the good without the bad.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I don't hate Christians, I hate what they do.

What did I do? I'll be accountable, please let me know. I am sorry for your anger, but am glad you're able to get it out here.

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The death toll estimates against humans in the old testament range from 2 million upto over 30 million killed by God. This includes the flood, Sodom and Gamora, the Egyptian's first born and this could be a very long list.

How many did God create? How many that God created did mankind destroy? (zaiger and Agree2Disagree already answered that statistically). Do you think it's fair to destroy someone else's creation?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Listen:

The true, esoteric destiny of the Christian Church is to fuse with Lucifer Morningstar and Satanel, and to create a portal to the Ancient Ones (some of you know this as Annunaki).

The Holy communion will take place with REAl human FLESH and REAL human BLOOD. It's going to be beautiful, amazing. Supplicants will offer their bodies willingly as altars to serve as portals through which the Ancient Ones can enter. Sacrifice as described in the Old Testament and other, even more ancient and esoteric documents, will resume. The stench of roasting flesh is most pleasing to the High Ones.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goatflesh Gnosis
Listen:

The true, esoteric destiny of the Christian Church is to fuse with Lucifer Morningstar and Satanel, and to create a portal to the Ancient Ones (some of you know this as Annunaki).

The Holy communion will take place with REAl human FLESH and REAL human BLOOD. It's going to be beautiful, amazing. Supplicants will offer their bodies willingly as altars to serve as portals through which the Ancient Ones can enter. Sacrifice as described in the Old Testament and other, even more ancient and esoteric documents, will resume. The stench of roasting flesh is most pleasing to the High Ones.

Wow, I'm so glad none of that is in the Bible. Anyway, sorry the Christian Church "ain't goin' out like that" but hopefully no ill will be wished upon you as you do for others.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

The belief only matters whether one would side with a cosmic murderer.
I suggest you keep how puny you really are in mind.
Big talkin puny little man got himself a mouth.
You mention the concept of sides so whos side will you be on?

goatfish

The true, esoteric destiny of the Christian Church is to fuse with Lucifer Morningstar and Satanel, and to create a portal to the Ancient Ones (some of you know this as Annunaki

YaYa we Know all about the Catholic Church you're not foolin anybody

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by tungus

goatfish

The true, esoteric destiny of the Christian Church is to fuse with Lucifer Morningstar and Satanel, and to create a portal to the Ancient Ones (some of you know this as Annunaki

YaYa we Know all about the Catholic Church you're not foolin anybody

Goatflesh is a strange poster...I don't think she's talking about the Catholic Church. She has some decidedly weird posts on BTS where she lays out her beliefs. I think she's some kind of Satanist or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by tungus

The belief only matters whether one would side with a cosmic murderer.
I suggest you keep how puny you really are in mind.
Big talkin puny little man got himself a mouth.
You mention the concept of sides so whos side will you be on?

I will be on the side of freedom and enlightenment through knowledge --that includes acquired and intuitive knowledge.

It may take many lifetimes to complete but this is the path I am on. Freedom from tyrannical gods comes first. Without it one cannot move forward. I hope that helps.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join