It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed in the Name of Christ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by ConspiracyCracker

This thread's title is incorrect. It should in fact, be titled: killed in the name of what you believe in. People have the right to stand and fight for what they believe

There is an ocean of difference between fighting for what you believe and "killing" in the name of an invisible man in the sky.

Like I said, with the exception of terrorism and acts of violence.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If a self-proclaimed xtian can't even hold up to the 2nd most important rule in christianity - "love thy neighbor as you love thyself" - then most certainly they are not a Christ-follower.

It's easy to know a Christ-follower from those that aren't. One must only remember that you reap what you sow. Sow good trees and you reap good fruit. Sow bad trees and you reap bad fruit. From the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. If your heart is filled with evil then from your mouth and hands will flow evil. If your heart is filled with righteousness then from your mouth and hands will flow righteousness.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

If a self-proclaimed xtian can't even hold up to the 2nd most important rule in christianity - "love thy neighbor as you love thyself" - then most certainly they are not a Christ-follower.

The Golden Rule is hardly followed these days, and it's not just people of religion. It's everyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

My point is only this...All beliefs ARE NOT equal, as you originally said. Truth does not have an equal setting with falsehood. All men are hopelessly corrupt and evil no matter how "nice" they may act in public. Man's heart is desparately wicked. All that sets a Christian apart is the grace of God...nothing that the Christian has done is of ANY value. He deserves Hell but God has grated him undeserved favor. God makes this undeserved favor available to all equally. Some accept it, most reject it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I am afraid that your evidence truly isnt good enough...this is a man with an anti-american, anti-israeli agenda and much of what he says must be met with a critical ear.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'm not clear what your trying to say here...there is a failure to communicate mostly because you seem to have a difficult time spelling some words...no offense...

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A message to our Christian Fundamentalist friends on ATS -

There are plenty of 'religion recovery' websites and groups that you can go to. They understand your problem, and they have the information, tools and experience to help you.

This sort of group - www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com... helps Jehovah's Witnesses deal with their illness, and helps extract them from the cult.

Sites like this - sites.google.com... can help you rejoin the human race, and defeat your illness.

If any of the 'pushers' (priests etc) tell you it's wrong - that's fine - it's their choice. But YOU have a choice, and you CAN break free. There's more to life than living in fear of an imaginary being. I'm sure many of us on ATS will be glad to take you under our wing, and help you cope with living in a religion-free world. It's far easier than it looks I assure you.

If any of you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you escape from religion. Remember - ATS has a huge secular following (more so than religious 'fundies') so you're not alone, even if your fellow illness sufferers tell you otherwise.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Just as you say I can find help for my "illness" so too can you find help for yours.

I'm here for you friend regardless of what you think of me.

edit to add: Live in fear? I have no reason to fear my God. He is just and loving.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I think you need to read your magic book a bit more friend. It is full of oft-quoted passages describing the malice, power, disdain, bigotry and general unpleasantness of your 'God'.

You do know that your 'God' is nothing but a plagiarisation of the Ancient Egyptian faith systems 'god' HORUS don't you?

My faith in humanity beats your false faith hands-down, every time. And unlike priests, I don't feel the need to rape children in church.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
People often confuse Christianity for Catholicism. The Vatican had a big role to play in all of the murdering, looting and destruction. If you want to group a big movement and generalize, I could easily point the finger at every American and call them a murderer. You do not realize that People protested the war in Iraq, just like people broke off from the church to form their own.

You must also understand that the Roman empire was hell bent on conquering the world, with or without religion as their war drum. Roman leaders knew Christianity was fast on the rise and wanted to exploit it. They merged their religion holidays with Christianity and formed the Catholic church. They placed corrupted officials in charge to lead the people to war in the name of Christ.

You don't question a man of God back then, and even if you did you would be killed. Those men were power hungry, that's it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

I think you need to read your magic book a bit more friend. It is full of oft-quoted passages describing the malice, power, disdain, bigotry and general unpleasantness of your 'God'.

You do know that your 'God' is nothing but a plagiarisation of the Ancient Egyptian faith systems 'god' HORUS don't you?

My faith in humanity beats your false faith hands-down, every time. And unlike priests, I don't feel the need to rape children in church.

The Para.

I think you need to lighten up and really understand the messages. Please give an example of the "malice, power, disdain, bigotry and general unpleasantness" you speak of and I will be glad to help you through it.

Is my God a plagiarisation or are they ONE? It's the school-house trick - tell one kid something and by the end it's completely misconstrued.

Your faith in humanity is misplaced. Take a look at humanity today. How wonderful it is to be human in a world of the atrocities of man such as crime, rape, murder, and starvation. Unlike the priests, your a wolf in wolf clothing, not a wolf in sheeps clothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The Para.

Oh, please due elaborate on

1) plagiarism
2) The notion that priests rape children in the church.

That happens as much as it happens in the school system. It is a fault of the system for not taking necessary precautions.

And if your faith is in humanity, boy, I feel really bad for you. Humanity is nothing to be proud of.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

First off, please give me some due respect by NOT referring to me as 'Boy'. Fair?

Agree2Disagree, I make sure I don't get into scripture debates with 'fundies' because to be quite frank, that's like trying to polish a turd. But to quote a small part of a larger fallacy -

Matthew 10:34 - "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

That's hardly all-loving, all-caring talk now is it?

If you both REALLY want to find out exactly WHY and HOW the Gnostic sect (Founders of Christianity) of religious muppets managed to gain dominance, and where their beliefs came from, I suggest you both watch the Zeitgeist films.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

I have personally seen the damage religion can do - I have also personally seen the damage that Christianity can do, and have met kiddy-fiddling priests. They sounded an awful lot like you two in their attitude, and also the fact that they spouted drivel scripture at every opportunity, and when they couldn't defend their moral position.

I have faith in humanity, because it's real, and it's far better in every way. All you have to do is look at people like Pastor Alamo for a fine example of idiot Christians.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
barbarians shall put down their banors and pick up mine...............

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
barbarians shall put down their banors and pick up mine...............

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I did not call you 'boy', my intention was to use it in a surprised tone, my apologies.

There are many words used in context today which could have a different meaning back then. In the bible when Matthew was speaking about the 'sword', it is actually symbolism to mean "the word of God". These men used much parables and hidden meanings, so it is safe to assume they would use symbols like this. You could take every word as face value, but in reality there is much more to it.

34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and a man's foes will be those of his own household. 37 He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

He comes to bring the sword(Word of God), your not going to turn households against each other with a sword.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I have personally seen the damage religion can do - I have also personally seen the damage that Christianity can do, and have met kiddy-fiddling priests. They sounded an awful lot like you two in their attitude, and also the fact that they spouted drivel scripture at every opportunity, and when they couldn't defend their moral position.

The Para.

My friend I am sorry you have met such priests, but you know as well as I do that everywhere is corrupted; the church, government, schools, TV and etc. So I will not defend his action because, I know it is wrong for anyone to do these atrocities.

It may seem as Christians as a whole had a hand in that fight, but what seems to happen is they are blinded. Just like our troops today who are in Iraq and Afghanistan killing people and being killed. They are killing and being killed for the wrong reasons.

If those wars were no fought over religion, then I guarantee you they would have been fought over something else. They are smart enough to replicate something like 9/11 to invade other nations.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Right. If it was not symbolic then Jesus would have been carrying tons of "swords" and slashing his way through the synagogues.

"Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father.
Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword"

It's symbolic of the separation that occurs between those who would acknowledge and those who would deny.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Is my God a plagiarisation or are they ONE? It's the school-house trick - tell one kid something and by the end it's completely misconstrued.

There appears to be more evidence for the plagiarized character than the actual reality character.

There is no more evidence for the reality of jesus (the one in the gospels) than there is Horus.

Two fictitious characters with very similar attributes. However if you are to claim that jesus was real just because the bibles say so, then by the same logic Horus was very real because the Egyptian records say so.

If your jesus (the one in the gospels) is a real god then Horus is a real god . Needless to say Horus was around quite a bit before the jesus god was invented, so it seems logical that it was Horus' attributes that were plagiarized .

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

So, the 150 some odd stories telling of a 'great flood' much like that in Noah's time all are plagiarisations as well? Or do they rather depict a common point of origin?

I'm not here to convince you of anything. You're here to convince yourself of what you believe.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join