It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen: Apart from all the sniping, here is a fact- the sh&t that's going down in the Ukraine has NOT been covered adequately by the western media. I can't really blame anyone for disbelief, whether it is our friends in Eastern Europe or my countrymen in the US. But I believe there is a coverup of some sort going on, if the MSM has chosen not to give us info that has been there to disseminate.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This is just came in, so here is an add-on for what you says, also in Hungarian. They're asking for money, BECAUSE the vaccine's money, around 50 million is disappeared. Use Google Translate to see it.

kuruc.info...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

But there's no H1N1 to worry about? The "plague" is fought with simple antibiotics. My vote is let the people of Ukraine buy antivirals at cost or for free if they are poor but don't hand the government a penny.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.isria.com...

On 2 November, Lithuania’s Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs Evaldas Ignatavičius received Ukraine’s Ambassador Ihor Prokopchuk, who informed the Vice-Minister about the situation in Ukraine, which has arisen due to a pandemic influenza outbreak.

According to the Ambassador, an unusually rapid spread of acute respiratory illness has been recently registered in Ukraine. On 30 October, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine received several confirmations of pandemic (H1N1) virus infection cases in patients. On 2 November, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine held a meeting, during which it made a decision to place nine out of twenty Ukraine’s regions in quarantine, to close down all comprehensive schools and institutions of higher education for three weeks, and to cancel all the planned mass events.

Poland and Slovakia have already provided assistance to Ukraine, while Hungary and Romania have informed Ukraine about their plans to support it.

Vice-Minister E.Ignatavičius announced that Lithuania had already taken steps to provide the necessary humanitarian assistance to Ukraine. The issue will be discussed during the meeting of the Government on 4 November, and the Ministry of Health will coordinate the decisions regarding the provision of support by Lithuania to the regions of Ukraine that are hit by the influenza. Non-governmental organizations will also be included into organizing support.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Last chance people..

Call the News media, call the government or call the disease whatever you want too within the Terms and Conditions

But if you call another Member names, you will be warned and could lose your posting privileges...

Thank you

Semper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.krakowpost.com...

The A/H1N1 flu virus has spread from Ukraine to Poland in recent days. Ukraine declared an epidemic of the virus last week. Yesterday, the Ukrainian vice minister of health said that there have so far been 22 officially confirmed cases of the A/H1N1 virus, while 67 people have died of flu-like symptoms, and about 255,000 are sick with the flu or with flu symptoms.

I guess Poland knows The Ukraine has swine flu since they spread h1n1 to Poland. And Eco I agree its swine flu.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I agree we need to try to stick together and figure this not tear down each other.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by nikiano

Yes I know, we've known that for 20 pages now or so. The point made to him was that continuing to post those articles with that term in his post was confusing people. Don't make excuses for him / her - when the "plague" pushers came back in he or she was more than willing to join in the attack and return to claiming it's the plague again.

For whatever reason he or she wakes up and tries to back off that position. I think he or she realizes they've put their credibility on the line so he / she wants to have his or her cake and eat it too by continuing to spread the rumor while claiming its not his or her intent to.

No, I do not think that it was confusing people when he posted the articles exactly the way they appear...he was just following ATS rules and guidelines.

I know that when I post something on ATS and the wording is not EXACTLY the way it appears in the original article, I get slammed. He took the articles, put them through google translator, and posted them on this thread....exactly the the way they were translated.

Which is also exactly what I did, when I translated the article he posted.

And yes, like you said, about 20 pages ago, several of us pointed out the fact that the word plague was being used loosely or generally, and not to imply that it was the same pneumonic plague caused by the bacteria y. pestis.

So, if he was just following ATS guidelines by posting the article exactly as it appears, and if several of us already pointed it out that the word plague was being used in a general sense....why are you getting so angry every time he posts an article?

Just let the articles speak for themselves. We are all able to recognize the fact that some things get lost in translation when something is translated from one language to another.

Ok, I"m done being referee.....

[edit on 3-11-2009 by nikiano]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Somewhere in E Europe right now.....

WHO: So, minister, we gave you a 10 million US dollar grant to purchase vaccine and antivirals. Did you already use that funding?

Minister: Oh, we thought you said 20 million so we spent the first half on hookers, coc aine and Mercedes convertible.

WHO: .....

Minister: We need one billion of your dollars to combat the swine flu. BMW has one bitching SUV.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't see how anyone can possibly deny that the term "pneumonic plague" is causing all kinds of confusion and added drama but that's me I guess, always seeing things my own way.....

I'm so glad you cleared that up.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

Originally posted by waterdoctor
reply to post by Sharrow

Yes. Don't believe to the media and to your government. Here, we learned few months ago, every death which was caused by other deceases are automatically was labeled as H1N1, even when the victim died from cancer or heart failure. So death's that are far away from H1N1 was automatically labeled as H1N1. They did this to sell their vaccine, but my country is resisting and we're not taking it at all. Everything what your media is telling you, your government is telling you is a lie. My advise: question their motives, questions everything what they're saying, because they don't give a sh*t you live or die. Here, we learned most of the NWO conspiracy, depopulation project and similar things what about we talked here many times at ATS is true. Your own media and your government is fooling you. Unfortunately that's the sad fact.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Sharrow]

OK we are getting some where. The western media has not posted sh!t about the Ukraine outbreak. An I stopped believing every thing I here on the news and from the government about 30 years ago. As a result I do not trust any government or any news organization. So we are in agreement here.
My conclusions were made based on the reports coming here from people in the region, from having a degree in zoology and chemistry and having research the flu virus at work. At this time I am still looking for clarification that would allow me to change my original position. If you look at my posts early on I offered up that the germ that was running amok looked to be more communicable than the standard N1H1 running around. I offered that if it was N1H1 that there may have been a mutation in the genome that increased its transmisstiivity. As some one closer to the problem than I please give me more information that will support me changing my opinion.
At this point you have given me very clearly your beliefs however in my line of work beliefs are not what I make dissensions on if you can understand that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anyone have any idea how Asen is doing?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

She was on 48 minutes ago..........her last post is this

Posted by asen_y2k, on November 3, 2009 at 09:07 GMT

reply to post by JustMike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Mike if anything goes wrong, I will text you.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

She is leaving the country by plane later today I believe.

There's a new iPhone app which tracks outbreaks in your area of H1N1, its free: Outbreaks Near Me

No clue how accurate it is but it might be worth having given the price.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor

That's strange as we're seeing the opposite pretty much everywhere else. The standard operation for the WHO and national health groups has been to under report the number of swine flu deaths.

I'm not surprised to see every political entity using the pandemic in some way, in the West it looks like the bigger concern is to prevent panic and keep the economy floating. That's the only motivation we can find for soft peddling the pandemic news. It even fits the reporting here on Ukraine - they're acting like nothing is going on and that the WHO is just going over to "check things out", you know to make the President feel better. Not because there's any swine flu outbreak to worry about or anything....

That's how its been played in every country so far and yes I've talked to people inside those countries.

Political efforts to emphasize the swine flu would be a complete departure but its not impossible, just new. I still expect the WHO and Western media will downplay the situation in the Ukraine, thankfully we have access to the real data and can see for ourselves. I can't wait to see how they spin this one.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Well, if you really want a good reason for the government (the rather corrupt government) of the Ukraine would want to cause people to focus on something else -

They are in the run up to elections. Elections which are happening when the Crimean region is having a serious up swing in radical Islamists, there is a very nasty politician-pedophiles scandal, and they'd rather people were not looking at the corruption in some areas where officials have stolen the lands of minority groups that are not popular.

In the run up to an election, you'd rather look like a decision making authority hero, and not like a bigotted-weak-pedophile.

[edit on 2009/10/30 by Aeons]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by jonny2410

She is leaving the country by plane later today I believe.

There's a new iPhone app which tracks outbreaks in your area of H1N1, its free: Outbreaks Near Me

No clue how accurate it is but it might be worth having given the price.
I believe that asen is a 'he'.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Guys, this is incredible! This thread is a shame! It's just unbelievable. For starters, it seems to me that no one who posts ukrainian or russian sources can actually read them in their original language, but relies on online translation services. In the summer, I was reading an article and had the experience that a term (which I don't remember, I think it was the term 'pneumonia' in the original) got translated into English as "SARS" which it explicitly did not state in the original.

And consider this: When speaking of a "pneumonic plague", one can mean THE pneumonic plage which is caused by Yersinia Pestis, or it can be used as a general term describing a severe sickness that involves lung problems and pneumonia.

So here we have the usage of a term that has been misunderstood and this misunderstanding keeps being repeated over and over again. Whereas the people who perpetuate this fail to see its impossibility. Ecoparity repeatedly asked to be shown the hundreds of tousands of people dying which would HAVE to materialize right NOW but which simply doesn't - None of the flamers minds to respond to this. Should it be THE Pneumonic Plague, then we would absolutely HAVE to see it by now - but we don't, so it can't be Pneumonic Plague.

Speaking of which, this is not a "dispute" and this is not a clash of opinions which must be respected from everyone, and the argument that ensues is not something that has to be stopped from all people. What we see here is a specific kind of unfair rhetoric being used by certain people.

Now, why should I bother posting this? Because it's not like we should just say that it's people's opinions and everyone is entitled to opinions. No, what is happening here is UNMORAL and wrong and when a poster is being attacked he must be allowed to defend himself, given that posting misinformation on such a delicate topic tends to spark a panic which can not be justified by any means and which constitutes a crime on what this forum is supposed to stand for, especially when the effect of the misinformation is felt in despair and anxiety expressed by fellow posters.

So I have to say, when I look at this thread from outside, everything that Ecoparity has written makes sense, is well thought out and in no way involves personal attacks. So for him there is nothing to 'stop' because he isn't 'doing' anything wrong here. So, involving him in the addressed group when requesting to 'stop the bickering' is an injustice and it is wrong.

I am writing this because I am very happy to see people like him posting. And I respect his perseverance and his stamina in doing so.

So, no, please do not stop with the 'bickering' and keep on with pointing out 'both sides'.

Many greetings

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok came back from the airport an hour back, was busy with some work, till now.

The airport is open and flights are operating but I went a bit late so they could not process my ticket and I have to go back tomorrow morning to get my ticket for Thursdays flight.

In the meanwhile i took some pics-

Pic showing the inside of the airport. Its a small airport and this is its waiting area for departure and arrival- LINK

THis is the parking area outside the airport- LINK

This is the main entry exit gate of the airport- LINK

And eer yes I am a he

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sheeple Stampede in Progress

Looks like a propaganda campaign to raise cash and to get rid of stockpiles of swine flu vaccine by starting a regional panic. I suspect the next step is to broadcast "artificial scarcity" nonsense to make people think they need to get inoculated before supplies run out. Who says big pharma can't move herds? lol

Get H1N1 shot, WHO urges risk groups CBC

The mortality rate was "not so much different from seasonal flu," at 0.3 per cent, health ministry official Park Ha-jeong said, stressing there was "no need to fear or worry about the disease".

WHO says get the H1N1 vaccine, but if it's regular flu then it's ineffective and thus why get the shot, unless you think pharmaceutical industry needs your money for more nonsense.

Coincidentally, Ukraine's government is asking for $1 billion dollars in flu aid which is the same amount as the gas payment to Russia.

So don't delay act now supplies are running out,
Allow, if you're still alive, six to eight years to arrive,
And if you follow there may be a tomorrow,
But if the offer is shun you might as well be walking on the sun
-SmashMouth

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join