It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I guess trips to the Ukraine will be heavily discounted for a while now.

Guess what?

They will not ever let you know the facts. Those are too troublesome for the economy.

Guess what else?

Get your food source for the next while, secure.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I love the great beauty of Ukraine and the vitality of the Ukrainians themselves.

I hate that this is happening to them after all that they have suffered.

I have been and will continue to pray for them and all humanity.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

is that a dude with a mohawk and a mask on?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

In the first pic there was a lady siting on the chair downstairs with a mask on.

Out side pic had a guy in it. A friend of mine, with a mask on...no he does not have a mohawk
Must be motion blur.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

if you wouldnt mind, could you elaborate more on what your dr. friend said about his meeting? what was his tone, did he elaborate, how serious was he? whats the mood of you and your comrades left in the hostel? whats the mood about town? ever find out what the buzzing noises u heard were? were u able to check with anyone else to see if they had heard it also? thanks bud

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Actually I have Dr friends and Dr teachers
The teacher was at the meeting. He was serious. He did not elaborate either and is quite busy and intimidating. So i did not feel like bugging him with questions. I posted everything he said a few pages back.
Mood at the hostel is not good, people are depressed and bored, and frequently talk about dieing here.
No I could not visually verify what that noise was about. So no confirmation, sorry. Yes we all in the hostel heard it.

[edit on 3/11/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
At this point I am more concerned about us returning students who could introduce this new virus(if thats what it is)in their own country. This is how viruses spread.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

yes i read your post as to wut he had said. the fact he is saying that it is uncontrolled and serious is well.. spooky. so it wasnt just you who had heard the noises then? that is good. at least you have the solace that you werent the only one hearing it and going mad. sorry to hear that the mood there in your hostel is so glum, any word of the lebanese who had taken sick? what foriegn nationals are left there? any new news or rumors?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

In the first pic there was a lady siting on the chair downstairs with a mask on.

Out side pic had a guy in it. A friend of mine, with a mask on...no he does not have a mohawk
Must be motion blur.

I thought you were a male but Clouds said you were a she and I figured he must know something we don't.

I'd advise you to keep a mask on while you leave, there's a good chance your fellow travelers will be ill and possibly not know it yet. The medical screening still looks for fever as an indicator and we know that's not necessarily going to be present in the infected.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

No did not hear anything about them. People who informed us about them have all returned, so no contact with anyone except for the few who are here. Could have been rumors but no idea...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i wonder if there was any chemtrail sightings over the ukraine ?..
..where the planes in chemtrail sightings really spraying a virus .

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Never really saw any chemtrails over Ukraine before, normal vapor trails...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Found an article:

www.alertnet.org...

EU must help Ukraine to fight swine flu - Poland

03 Nov 2009 14:10:58 GMT
Source: Reuters
WARSAW, Nov 3 (Reuters) - Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk has called on the European Union to help neighbouring Ukraine fight a swine flu epidemic, saying its further spread is threatening the wider bloc.

Ukraine shut schools, banned public meetings and restricted travel earlier this month in an attempt to combat the H1N1 flu epidemic, which has caused public concern in Poland.

"The character of this threat demands that rapid action be undertaken at the European Union level," Tusk wrote in a letter to European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who holds the rotating EU presidency.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Nov 3 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

I got my ticket last week for a trip ,in December/New year cost was £130 from London to Kiev Borispol with Ukraine Int.
Its hard finding discount flights -although Wizzair offer them in advance.
British Airways are due to strike here in December which will already create some problems.
Will be interesting to see if theres cancellations-I think if the UK FO change their advice and advise AGAINST travel-then we will see that happen.
Theres also the questions with insurance-looks like the premiums will go up and clauses for this introduced.
We are only going to know for sure over the coming days and weeks...at the moment theres lots of speculation and rumours-we are lacking the availability of hard facts.
Western media are perhaps not reporting full scale but my guess is that they are busy trying to find out whats going on-in particular the BBC who wont really report until they know what they are putting out is 100%

[edit on 3-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Firstly, apologies if already posted - I've read back a few pages but this thread grows so fast that it's impossible to keep up with every post.

RSOE EDIS

Latest Update Situation Update No. 20 On 03.11.2009 at 15:29 GMT+2

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk has called on the European Union to help neighbouring Ukraine fight a swine flu epidemic, saying its further spread is threatening the wider bloc. Ukraine shut schools, banned public meetings and restricted travel earlier this month in an attempt to combat the H1N1 flu epidemic, which has caused public concern in Poland. "The character of this threat demands that rapid action be undertaken at the European Union level," Tusk wrote in a letter to European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who holds the rotating EU presidency. "This will serve both the interests of Ukraine, and the EU itself," he said in the letter, reported on Tuesday.

Tusk urged Brussels to hold an extraordinary meeting of the EU's health council to identify Ukraine's needs and discuss availability of vaccines. Poland has so far had only about a dozen H1N1 cases and none has been fatal. But news broadcasts showed Poles lining up at pharmacies to get sanitary masks which were quickly sold out in a sign of growing public concern. Deputy Foreign Minister Andrzej Kremer told Reuters that Warsaw was awaiting a reply from Brussels, and said he feared the epidemic could spread rapidly in eastern Europe. "Poland has already organised quite reasonable help for Ukraine, but in a split second we will see swine flu in Belarus, we are already hearing something about Romania," he said. Shipments of medicine and medical equipment have been leaving Poland for Ukraine in recent days. A growing number of swine flu cases have also been reported in Germany and Slovakia, which likewise share borders with Poland.

Secondly, the 'plague' argument - not all reports of this came from translated sources. My source for the pneumonic plague came from the RSOE EDIS website where the update above came from. It's about half way down the page in red where it is referred to as "the so called pneumonic plague" - it doesn't confirm, it simply says "so called" but it was rather alarming when I read it. It then goes on to say "the problem is its form is unknown, it is ATYPICAL nobody knows how to treat it."

When I first read it I was alarmed at the wording but having read through as much of the debate on ATS, as possible, and then returning to RSOE EDIS to read it again, I'm definitely not as alarmed by it because of the words "so called" - changes the entire meaning for me.

Not wanting to rattle any cages - just clearing up what I'd read, posted and read again.

Lastly, thanks to everyone contributing to this thread - whatever the cause, at least we're aware that something isn't right.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks Asen for all your reports. Good luck with your plans for leaving and do keep safe until you are able to go.

On another note, I got a a bit behind on this thread and resorted to using the ignore button on a couple of posters who did nothing but argue and repeat themselves over and over. First time I ever did that, but it sure has made for smooth going.

Its worth it. What other people have to say, and real news is now all there is. Its like magic.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So what is new with the UKRAIN I dont want to read all the prev. post as I have commented when thread first began. So what has happened over the weekend.

[edit on 11/3/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yay 100 pages.
Here are some interesting things I found in researching the questions raised in this thread.
1. Will it mutate. Looks like no. Swine flu dominates. However there are still 3 waves of a pandemic.
"When the team infected ferrets with 2009 H1N1 virus plus either seasonal H1N1 virus or seasonal H3N2 virus, both viruses made them sick, but only the H1N1 virus spread to other ferrets, suggesting it will dominate ordinary flu."
www.canada.com...

2. Is pneumonia common with H1N1, yes.

"Bacterial lung infections were common among 77 people who died because of the 2009 H1N1 flu, a finding similar to past pandemics, the CDC said.

In a subset of the 600 U.S. deaths associated with the current pandemic, 29% had a bacterial coinfection, the agency said in a early release from the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

The most common pathogen found was Streptococcus pneumoniae, identified in 10 of the 22 cases of coinfection, the agency said.

The finding underscores the need for vaccination against pneumococcus, according to CDC epidemiologist Matthew Moore, MD, one of the report's co-authors. "
www.microbeworld.org...

3. Is melting lungs part of pneumonia? No. But it could be a response to someone who has received a dead H influenzae in vaccine according to this analysis. Which means the vaccines might be effective in initially making someone healthy but if they lose the battle their lungs will melt... possibly.

"Lab tests show that neutrophils that were exposed to already dead H. influenzae were more aggressive in attacking S. pneumoniae than unexposed neutrophils. Exposure to killed H. influenzae had no effect on live H. influenzae.
Two scenarios may be responsible for this response:
When H. influenzae is attacked by S. pneumoniae, it signals the immune system to attack the S. pneumoniae
The combination of the two species together sets off an immune system alarm that is not set off by either species individually.
It is unclear why H. influenzae is not affected by the immune system response"
en.wikipedia.org...

Just some possible answers. Research is a good thing in time of doubt.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So what is new with the UKRAIN i DNT WANT TO READ ALL THE PREV. POST SO PLEASE LEMME KNOW. thANKS

Seems to me that PTS is setting in. People are depressed and talking about death. Many have evacuated.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
RSOE EDIS

Good source but don't forget the personal touch in communication. I'm sure people experiencing this situation don't want to hear facts right now.

I suggest brushing up on PTS practices instead of regurgitating reports that are common knowledge.

When I'm in labor at the hospital the last thing I want is my husband lecturing me on the facts of childbirth and how the medical industry and government suggests that women in labor blah blah blah. Know what I mean?

Treat the symptoms then worry about the facts and you will be a good emergency responder and help people.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join