It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok I'm a guy and I admit I read through this thread because I'm the one planning for the family. I have a wife and two daughters so I was curious about what I should store for them. I think I'll let my wife know about the cups and she can think about it for her and the girls.

Has anyone though about spill pads? They look like cotton, but are polypropylene (same stuff as milk jugs) and absorb a huge amount of liquids. The case I have is a giant roll that is 4" wide and 100' long and about 1.5" thick. Just cut to lenght, line undies and toss when done. They burn too so you can dispose of them in a fire. Am I totally off my rocker for planning or is this an ok idea?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What about those of us with young daughters? Being a guy, I wouldn't even know how to address the topic with them, if we were ever presented with it... The cups would definitely not be an option.

I guess I need to start stocking up on tons of old rags... Just when I thought I'd prepared for everything.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

If I were you, I would ask them what they prefer. They are going to know what is most comfortable for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

You have to make sure that whatever you provide for them is "breathable". Some women are prone to infection, that is why cotton is a good choice. Hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All I know is that if bathing is not an option then keep baby wipes in stock too.

I am now praying for menopause..woohoo, can't wait. LOL

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Great advice!! And I too have prayed for menopause. I'm to the point now where a mustache doesn't sound too bad!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Plucks her chin hair and passes the tweezers to Greenize lol

it (meno) cannot be sooo bad that it ain't worth looking forward too, it GOTTA be better than this aAAAaaaaa

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Amen sister!!!! Keep on pluggin or keep on pluckin'?? Yep, pass me dem dar tweezers!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hehe @ pluggin, I got that.

here for you for xmas:

familycrafts.about.com...

ho ho ho

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ok seriously...

I've used the diva cup for 4 years now. I haven't contracted some strange disease, my vaJayjay isn't deformed (think about it....it's stretchy. Babies come out of there...I think there's room for a little cup). I'm a college student, and I don't have to worry about my "stock" of pads/tampons. I got a small package of liners 3 YEARS AGO and I still have some left.

Honestly, it's the best purchase I've ever made, and probably the most important possession I own. And if you think about it, how sanitary is shoving a wad of bleached, chemically treated cotton up there, or worse just sitting in your own **** all day with a pad? Does that really sound any more healthy/sanitary than a cup? The cup just holds it there until you can dispose of it...you don't even have to touch what it collects. Grow up people.

ETA: Truely, I do not mean to come off so harsh, but I really do think that a certain degree of open-mindedness is required to see the potential here. I would really encourage anyone who's even curious to go here. menstrualcups.org...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by scheherazade]

[edit on 4-7-2009 by scheherazade]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scheherazade

Thank you for posting! The more that I read from women that use them, the more I think that I will order one and try it. And you make some very valid points, it does sound cleaner!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
I have bad cramps sometimes and I worry about being without my heating pad and Advil? Any natural yet safe cramp killer ideas?

On your lower back, approx 1/2 to 1 inch outwards of your spine, are pressure points, at approx hip level. If you lay on your back, and use your thumbs to put pressure on these points for 5-10 min at a time, the cramps will ease up and depending on the severity, will go away. It takes some practice finding these pressure points, but once you do it is worth it. Even when Advil is available, if the Advil does not completely do the trick, the pressure points will help.

Also, the lower abdomen, approx four finger widths below the belly button, press and hold for about 30 sec.

On the top of your foot between your big toe and second toe, where the two bones meet, gently press in a circular motion.

Cross your left ankle over your right knee and use your right thumb to find the point on the inside of your lower leg just behind the shinbone and three finger-widths above the inner anklebone. Press gently.

Inner thigh, about two inches above your knee are pressure points as well.

Slide your finger out and away from the pronounced bump below your kneecap on the front of your knee until you are on a muscle between two bones of your lower leg. Massage and apply firm pressure to encourage softening of the muscle and to stimulate digestion, promote the release of blood, and relieve nausea.

Lie on the floor with your hands in loose fists under your buttocks, your knees bent and your feet flat.

Use the knuckle of your middle finger to stimulate the area of your buttock just outside of the tailbone below the ridge of the hip.

Lower your pelvis onto your hands and allow the weight of your body to apply the pressure.

Slide your fists under your sacrum (tailbone) and lower your pelvis onto your knuckles. This will relieve lower back pain and the abdominal discomfort of menstruation.

It does take time and practice to find these pressure points, so don't give up if you don't find them right away. These were a lifesaver for me before I had my hysterectomy.

Good Luck
Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Great info, thank you so much for posting this!! I am sure that we can all use these tips!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cramps often go away depending on how many children you have had.

Often, those who never had cramps in their lifetime will get them after a 3rd child and those that had cramps young the cramps will stop after the second. It depends on the person though. You could disrupt the cramps by having or not having another child.

I never had a cramp in my life until my fourth. Now, it is worse than any natural labour I ever had. Debilitating beyond belief. I've had less trauma in childbirth (including back labour). eeesh

this site gives natural remedies: www.nativeremedies.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Greenize you seem to be a very pratical woman, this is really some thing to think about.
Question what did cave woman do, American Indian.

I am man if need be I could help you solve this problem for about nine months, please u2u me for details.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

This book is excellent. It gives details on the Aborigional tribes to ancient Arabic cultures. Written by women, for women (or men).

books.google.com... ei=nKpPSvuPCIv7tgfQkrGjBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2

or Sex in the Ancient World by John Younger: www.informaworld.com...=a737799047~db=all~jumptype=rss

[edit on 4-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by amazed

Great info, thank you so much for posting this!! I am sure that we can all use these tips!!!

Your welcome, like I said, before my full hysterectomy, they were my life saver. Medicines did not work, but using the different combinations of pressure points helped a lot.

I've taught these techniques to my daughter, and she almost never has to take medicines now, though of course every now and then she does. Before I taught her these she would be very sick with nausea and in a lot of pain. The thing is, using these techniques, she does not even have much of the emotional ups and downs either. I am not real sure why this is, but we are all happier.

I believe I will chat with her about the cup, and see if she has any interest, though I have a feeling she will not right now.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I apologise in advance for this old joke!

Why do woman have legs?

Ever seen the mess a snail makes??

Sorry!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thanks that was interesting.

The bible is very pratical in some of the things that are taboo, like not eating shell fish, shellfish goes bad very fast, be pratical not to eat.

Bible has something about not having sex while woman is on period, pratical this is when blood exchange is more likely, I'm sure this is (well known) when aids, hepatits, would be more easily transferred, between participants.
Someone figured this out even back then.

Here eat this, person dies, well no don't eat that, here try this, person dies, well don't eat that either, who wants to try this, come on it looks real good just try it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join