It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

That is one way of going green I guess!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
i swear to god these guys are such idiots! STAY OUT! or take a peek but keep your mouth shut! Geeezzz!

Oh come on now, remember some MEN are the ones who designed and invented some of women's most favourite feminine items/life savers. So they are not all idiots.

Anyway if the shtf, well I'm sure people will quickly figure out a good solution, humans are great at adapting.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

serves ya right dude. the ladies said ladies only.

show a little respect and maturity

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Have you seen "Road to Wellville?" It's based on the Kellogg story and is funny, sad in some parts, and one of Anthony Hopkins' better unsung roles. You'll never look at corn flakes the same way again.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Is that the movie where his answer to everything was an enema?? That movie cracked me up if it is the one I am thinking about!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

And we love you all for it! I mean come on, you men are the ones that have to put up with our mood swings and emotional break downs!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Haha yeah.

I'm sorry for coming into this thread, but when someones tells you not to do something, you have the urge to do it haha. Which brings us back to Adam and Eve lol.

Would you not also have the urge to enter a "For men only....." Thread?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I am not sure, but it sure sounds familiar lol

I will have to take a look at it again.

It is so simple to mock these untruths of less than 30 years ago yet in the not so long ago we had misconceptions about AIDS or any other scientifically taken-over human issue that authorities or religion decide to cause public disruption when they overtake rule over the knowledge of.

The ancient cultures (Native or previous) took the menses very seriously as a more public event that was not mocked or ridiculed as a 'disease', a crime or a disability. It was merely a passage and a good one at that.

Makes you realize that since modern medicine came upon the scene that they did more emotional (and physical) harm than good to cultures and societies as a whole by perpetuating myths out of un-Godly falsities out of their own guilt and perversion. All of which only caused a lack of knowledge instead of leaps ahead in which we should be.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
There are the luna pads.

Also those super absorbent "camp" towels. They're very soft and they really are super absorbent. Could just cut one of those towels into appropriately sized "pads".

I tried one of those cups years ago and just couldn't manage. You had to "fold" them to "fit". They had hard plastic ridges on the outside to hold the thing in. OWWWWWCCCCHHHHH!

Things may have changed since I tried them but if not.....I'll be using the camp towels, thank you.

Mine doesn't have grips and it's completely made of latex (sorry I said rubber earlier). It does have a small round ridge to hold it in place, but it's not intrusive, at least not to me. I'm a mom so I might have more stretchy room. I do kegels though, partly because I don't want to be one of those ladies who laugh in depends commericials. It doesn't hurt, but the first time I did it I was so nervous about everything, from getting sick and dying because I didn't clean it proper, to losing it in there that I had trouble folding and inserting. After I used it a couple of times, I got over my fears.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by collietta]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I absolutely 100 % have to say yes to that, I would!! I couldn't help myself, I would be like wth men only my eye....

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by JulieMills

Oh come on now, remember some MEN are the ones who designed and invented some of women's most favourite feminine items/life savers. So they are not all idiots.

Agreed but men also invented the mammogram machine. Sorry, can't forgive the guys for that one. I'm 5'10 and had to use a step stool to hoist myself into that contraption. (Obviously weren't thinking of the average height of females). After a mere 15 seconds in that infernal torture device I was confessing to being the second gunman on the grassy knoll!

Yes people will adapt and there's no single one best way to do things. There are a multitude of things that will work. It will be up to each woman to find what works best for her.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Colietta: thanks for your knowledge first hand on this product. I have to admit I was wondering how I was going to fit heaps of pads and tampons and stuff into my backpack. Though I chose pads because you could use those to stem a wound too.

I laughed at the Wikipedia thread part that said "The initial cost for a cup is higher than for traditional hygiene device, but the cost is absorbed with each consecutive use." Do you think pun was intended?

The part that confused me though was all the sizes, whoa! If you've had kids one size, no kids - another. "If a woman's cervix sits particularly low, she may need to consider a shorter length cup." How are you supposed to know that??

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. I am a woman and I am amazed at how disgusted everyone is by the female menstrual cycle. It's not a disease, and while I get that it varies from person to person and some are cleaner than others, it's not an abomination...it's just...a period.

I think these cups sound amazing. Much cleaner than most anything else certainly including washable pads. It's much easier to clean a non-porous object than cloth which will most definitely stain and just look gross. I mean, Ladies, we all have our "period underwear", right?

I don't know...I like the concept and certainly thank the OP for posting as these are the things that we are thinking about in addition to everything else.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Cotton balls aren't woven properly for this purpose - the threads are loose increasing the chance of material being left behind to cause infection

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This thread just made me think of vaginas in a whole new, unpleasant way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Wouldn't shoving a cotton ball up there for several hours work just the same? You could remove and wash it daily, and replace it. Why would that be such an issue?

I love the wording! Sure you could 'shove' a cotton ball up there, but you would need to remove it every few hours and replace it with a clean one, preferably leaving time to 'breathe' in between, as there is a risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome developing.

Our grandmother's used old torn up sheets and folded them up to form a pad. These, as they were usually white cotton, could be boiled clean and reused*. Seems clean and hygienic enough, I do not see any problem in adapting to no store bought sanitary products in a survival situation. Either way no one should be wearing a tampon or a cup for 'several hours' it is not good for your vagina, neither is shoving bits of cotton up there willy-nilly.

* I should add, that you would soak the pads in cold salt water to loosen the blood first, hot water fixes blood stains.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

This thread just made me think of vaginas in a whole new, unpleasant way.

Oh well, it is nature. If you can't handle it, don't read it. If not for a V-JJ that bled at least once, you wouldn't be here to complain how nasty it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Ain't it the truth! There really is nothing disgusting about any of this...it is nature and the reason it was gifted to we woman is because men couldn't handle it!! Ungodly cramps, lower back pain, hormonal imbalance, headache, bloating...for the love of pete. you men get a gas pain and think you know what labor pains feel like!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't think anything would put me off women...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Oh freaking YUCK

Wonder if I'm the last in saying it.

WELCOME TO THE HUMAN BODY.

flippin heck, what a mindset... Are you paris hiltons brother?? Finding out how things work?

Sweet zombie jesus...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join