It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This thread has been a great read.

And made me consider stocking up on some of those good old "sham wows".

But yes, this is surely a thing to think about for woman just remember with anything that you use that it is "solid" in the sense that nothing can be left inside that you may not notice and never use anything for too long a period of time.

I think personally if you do not want to take the road of making your own or do not feel safe or comfortable doing so the diva cup/moon cup/keepers would be the best bet, they are small so it wont take much to clean it and it's simply the most practical sure it may seem "dirty" but that's life and honestly tampons and pads are just as dirty I think the thing about Diva Cups that bother people is you can better visually see the blood and as humans we are visual creators so that's what turns us away from it but no matter what you use the blood is still there, and a pad or re usable type of tampon would take up much much more water than the cup.

And make sure if you have a latex allergy that nothing you use has latex in it,one of the issues I have since i have a latex allergy.
This allergy can come on at any age too, and the more you are exposed to latex the more likely you'll gain the allergy so be careful.

But yeah I'm going to check out the woman's health isle a little more in depth next time I go out.

s&f.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I heard about the DivaCup a little while ago, and I am still trying to decide whether to try it. Here is a link to over 100 reviews: DivaCup Customer Reviews. It seems that most women love it; but as with most things, you never know unless you try it. It certainly sounds better than other options, but it looks intimidating, I have to say. I'm still undecided, though I'm sure an end-of-life-as-we-know-it situation would decide it for me in a heartbeat!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Being a man I dunno but wouldn't it be a better idea to just research how woman in days gone by dealt with it and come up with a method that would work for you using what you would have available? Just my two cents. *scurries off*

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The cup always leaked with me...it's mighty tricky. I wasn't sure if I should take this thread seriously.. In survival mode, I'd just have a rag there..like the old days.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
OMG @ themen whohave come into this thread!! Secret Pervs eh hmms

Personally will stick with the disposable pads, is alot more comfortable than walking about with something stuck up my vagina all day, then having to remove it an replacing it.

What I find is funny, I usually do this out of spite, Send my B/friend down to the store tobuy me a new pack off pads. The lookon his face is priceless
. He always comes back with them in a white paper bag, aww shame he must be embarrassed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Have any of you given any thought to your monthly cycle and what you would do in the event that you were having to survive in the wilderness? Seriously, nothing to be embarrassed about right, we all have to go through it!!

Anyway, I came across some articles about the menstrual cup. Have any of you used these? According to one of the products, the device has been around for decades and is washable and can last up to 10 years. It can be worn for up to twelve hours a day. You just remove and wash and reinsert. I think that this is a great item to purchase and have handy just in case the SHTF. There is nothing to dispose of. The cup that I was researching (the diva cup) is 32.95 and can be ordered online. As woman, this is something that we need to think about, I mean there may come a day when we can't just run to the drug store or local wal-mart and buy our feminine products!!!

I hate to be the so called bitch here but seriously, this is so disgusting!! No wonder we have commercials where they have to talk about fem. products, in which I get teased by my husband. Yeah like i want to talk about this!! I use the pads because I get horrendous cramps during that time and sticking a tampon or a cup up my snatch is not going to make me feel any better. Besides sticking something up there that is a not a D*&%O, or a P%^(S, is going to make me squirm. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
funnily enough this issue was one of my first thoughts when planning survival gear. I have been 'stockpiling' Pads, tampons & panty liners for a few months. Our local dollar store sells a box of 16, which isn't bad.

My concern with this device is the safety of it for women. Even tampons that are not changed regularly can be hazardous. TTS or toxin shock syndrome is the result of prolonged contact with blood and bacteria soaked up from tampons and sitting in your "area'

While your washing and reusing something for your cycle I would go with a reusing pad. Like they used back in the day, economic friendly but also safer for women. You can purchase then online, several people make them on Etsy.
=tags&includes[]=title]Etsy Site
=tags&includes[]=title]The place for homemade things!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

mysticalzoe:

I won't quote your text but it is interesting that you find this topic so disgusting yet use a less than lady like word to describe your women parts. Perhaps the reason you are teased is not the fault of commercials or conversations of such topics but maybe they way you present yourself as a women.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That dam thing is always leaking one thing or another...

I actually feel sorry for chicks.. I can't even fathom having some bloody smelly discharge coming out of me EVERY month...Yuck.

Think of this next time your about to go downtown.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just yesterday my friend and I were discussing these. I was thinking that if something really does happen and I cant get tampons these would be a great idea. I looked information up about them and they dont seem to be bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Ok you are a guy! You could NEVER understand "aunt flow" like we do.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why did my curiosity compel me to open this thread, and read through it?

WHY?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I use the reusable pads and I like them MUCH better than the disposables. Those always irritated me "down there." It's NOT gross, I promise! I got mine on eBay a few years ago and have been using the same set ever since. I also used them postpartum and they worked fine for that too. I think I have 2 huge ones for overnight, 4 long ones, 4 regular ones, and 4 pantiliners. All of them have wings that snap under the crotch of your panties to hold them in place. The ones I use snap up into a little pouch (fold the front and back in, and then the wings snap over them and hold it closed), so when they're used, I put them in a plastic bag until it's time to wash them. Just unsnap 'em and into the wash they go. And they wash up nicely, although I always do them separately. They do get stained, as you would imagine, but sun-bleaching works wonders. I actually really like these things--I recommend you get one or two and try them out. If you like 'em, get some more.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I really can't believe there are so many adults who are squeamish about periods. Shouldn't we outgrow that by say, jr. high?

Anyway, I'll be using the same thing I do now, sea sponge tampons and tea tree oil to disinfect them. I've heard great things about the diva cup but I've never tried it myself.

If you don't know about sea sponge tampons just google sea pearls tampons. I get mine from jadeandpearl.com

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I think they have the bigger size for older women and moms because of the belief that there muscles may be weaker. I don't think it matters though. When I ordered mine off of Amazon, I could've sworn I ordered the one for moms, but when it arrived, it was the smaller size. It works just fine and stays up there. Maybe i'm strong. I don't know much about the cervix length. It really shouldn't matter since it's not worn that high. May be some ladies don't have much length?

I do plan to keep some pads in my purse. I even keep some in the car. Like someone who posted before, they make great sterile wound dressings.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
One more thing! For those of us of childbearing age, keep the postpartum issue in mind too. You bleed for 3-6 weeks after baby arrives, and tampons are a no-no. Not that you'd want to use tampons after giving birth. OUCH! So it's worth thinking about having something for that too, especially since in a SHTF situation, birth control might even tougher to get than a box of Tampax. But that's another topic...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
im no woman, but a sponge would work yes? its found in nature
assuming your near ocean.

wiki

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

I use a menstrual cup and, quite frankly, it is the best money I have ever spent.

As long as you keep it clean , there should be no rick of any infections from it. And to sterelise it you can just boil it in a saucepan or container.

Using it is no messier than using a tampon.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Oh freaking YUCK, that thing would be so nasty and dirty and ... ew, just ew.

I'm sorry I'm a guy and should have listened to the topic title for my own good, but t that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Tampons are nasty enough, but a literal CUP that is worn for several hours during the cycle and can be reused?

GAAAAAh gross, ew, nasty, icky, everything in between. Ugh.

Although I apologize for intruding, as this is a woman's only topic, but that just seems gross. I dont know, would you honestly like reusing something that.. you had down there.. for several hours, all sweaty... bloody and sticky and just all around GROSS?

just stockpile a ton of tampons in case the need for survival ever comes up.. do the same thing people that need medication do, stockpile that ****

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

Mate dont you know that it was the curiosity killed the cat??
Well me too was a bit curious... Sorry Ladies :O(
We all know that on this Earth nobodys perfect, but some unperfections make You more human thats all...

Peace

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molan27
That dam thing is always leaking one thing or another...

I actually feel sorry for chicks.. I can't even fathom having some bloody smelly discharge coming out of me EVERY month...Yuck.

Think of this next time your about to go downtown.
you must be batting on our side!

it is ok to discover your feminine side...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join