It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I am sure that I can imagine what the cave women and native americans did, however, having always had the option of going into the store and buying sterile products, I can't bring myself to imagine me doing it the way that they did. There are many reasons why our life spans are longer...I think that being more aware of germs and being more sanitary plays a role... I was seeking opinions on the cup device...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
hey! there are some stores on amazon where you can find these cups or pads whatever they are. i saw an advertisement a couple of days as i was browsing on amazon. i hope my post will help. : )

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
sorry but the thought of sticking somthing like that up me and walking around with it in all day long and having to remove it and clean it
ewwwwwww there is no other word for it lol

its an interesting question though i suppose if push came to shove and there are no alternates and ur stuck you would have to look to nature to help you out some big leafs or something

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

How about cat furballs ?
Completely free, readily available, reusable, great for starting a fire, can be broken into smaller balls when finished with and used for fishing bait.

I also suppose that if you attach a piece of string like a tampon they could double up as a tea infuser.

Paintball now there's another -----

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I know, but like someone said earlier, it is really no nastier that walking around with a soiled pad laying on your skin either, and from what some of the users of the cup have been saying, I don't think it would be that bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
seven pages? seriously? this subject NEEDS seven pages?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

That made me want to blow groceries!
Thanks for the comic relief I suppose!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yea i suppose the saying *dont knock something till you try it * comes into line here.

i just have a thing with having something *up* there all day etc just freaks me out lol (and no comments about sex plz people :lol

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I am shocked too, but then again it is a subject that effects millions upon millions of lives...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

seven pages? seriously? this subject NEEDS seven pages?

If this subject was a cure for itchy, smelly scrotum....the thread would go on for 389 pages of yahoooo and wooohooos from men who's hands are free to use a keyboard again.

Women bleed. it is an inconvenience but one that cannot be ignored in dire times when people are used to the modern availability to products that may not be so easy to find in a disaster.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

A friend of mine has one and swears by it, I have thought of getting one as femine hygiene products are not that good for you and take ages to break down once in landfill. Moon cups are far more 'greener' . Most eco web sites sell them. Give it a shot.... and men who find it ewwww and yuk be grateful that you don't go through it!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Use wild mice!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Anyone fancy a jam sandwich?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

And your problem....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have thought of this topic and especially during the last 'close to Martial Law event' in the California fire evacuations at the stadiums.

Seriously, if you love a woman or even KNOW a woman..how could YOU help?

This isn't funny at all when you think about it.

"From 23 countries, including the United States, 132,000 prisoners (with 20 percent being Jewish) were encamped there. The camp was filled beyond its capacity. One thousand women were held in a barrack built to hold only a few hundred.

The women were raped, tortured, starved and lethally injected. Experiments were conducted on them as well.

Some women's menstrual cycles stopped while at Ravensbrück.

"One woman said, 'For us, it was a good thing that we didn't have our periods because of the horrible sanitary conditions. There was no toilet paper whatsoever,'" Saidel said. "Paper was dangerous; it was a way to communicate. Having paper was punishable by death."

in the book The Jewish Women of Ravensbrück Concentration Camp the women were made to work as the blood ran down their legs...cold or heat.
(btw, others had to walk in it, male or female).

books.google.com... nogSA&hl=en&ei=W_RPSpjgIISWtgew5symBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

If you find this subject so repugnant, leave. You must not be born of a woman and therefore not human.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hello Everyone,

I've thought about this a lot too, and last year I switched over to reusable pads. (Luna pads, specifically). I love them. I considered the cup, and my really good friends use it and LOVE it; unfortunately I have (as many here probably do) an extremely heavy flow, and I suspect the cup wouldn't really handle it that well. The reusable pads do as they have inserts for when you are heavier. Just like the other person who was talking about it - they aren't gross, and you just have to store them until you can wash them (they make waterproof storable bags for that). If you google sew menstrual pads, you can find directions for sewing your own pads even. So far, this is the best option I have figured out.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

That seriously made me cry. How horrible. The things that we take for granted on a daily basis...just wow...Thanks for posting that, I had forgotten how fortunate I have been in my life thus far!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

That is soooooo true!!! Disgusting, but a much needed laugh!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismene

I will do some research on these as well. If I might ask, what is the cost of the Luna pads?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
yea i suppose the saying *dont knock something till you try it * comes into line here.

i just have a thing with having something *up* there all day etc just freaks me out lol (and no comments about sex plz people :lol

it would to me at least be no different than using a diaphragm, and since I hated THAT..................well you get where my thoughts are, not that I wouldn't try it if it were the only surefire item to use in a SHTF situation, i'm not that closed minded.

I won't even dignify some of the brutal comments made by some (not all) of the men in this thread with a response... I have one here I can torture (EG)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join