It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

yeah thats why one got the sack for calling it like it is... funny that aint it..

lets sack him it makes us look good

or the idiot who found out about northen rock?

what a load of tripe i bet half the time people on here just rant and rave and never really do any fact checking

considering this is about laws

you ever bothered to watch the house of commons? or the house of lords?

or a any other form of parliamentary business?

NO

so please be for you post about the laws of my land make sure you understand what your talking about.

... no wonder we have racists.. clueless...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ooopsy double post!!!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Contradicting yourself I see, First you say sorry then you refuse to say sorry.
Im done with debating with someone who cannot admit his mistake. Just show your reputation in this thread has went down hill.

I also think the one whom is brainwashed in this thread is you

link   
Lets not get paradoid Sharia law is not Uk law. Jewish courts have been here for years.
If people want to settle domestic disputes under there religion so be it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Dont assume what i do or do not watch symmetric,its very...unbecoming of you,i dont know how we diverged into the topic of the BBC but i can say with absolute certainty that laurauk is right when she says it is a mouthpiece for the government and spouts blatant propaganda...course there are times when it deviates from it,good documentaries made by the bbc like Century of self or dead in the water.But for the most part it is a government shill and everyone knows it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The jewish commnunity can do this also, whats the problem, how is it effecting you?

If your not from that part of the community it wont apply to you. Stop spreading fear about Muslims

woodwardjr you miss the point, this is the uk not a muslim state, if they want shira law they can get on the plane and get back to what ever muslim country they come from for it, i am not racist in any way but this grinds my nuts, if we went across to one of the afore mention countrys and tried this we would be hounded out. its about time these guys get with the program, if they dont like the laws of the land (scottish law, basis of many law systems around the world) dont stay here, either that or we treat them as in the old days and do them for treason against the queen and country.

Shira law is not any where near a fair system of law, men can get away with rape and murder if they can strike a deal with the family of the victum,

bottom line dont like the law of the land, goodbye!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

What is it with people *comparing* countries...the point is this is a free country(or supposedly) everything mentioned works within the british legal framework and does not in any way clash with it.If it did i would be right with you in protesting,but this does not affect you and does not hinder british law one iota.So tell me *precisely* why it is such a big deal?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
First of all this is a perfect example of the failings of party politics.
It was never part of any party manifesto to agree to the setting up of Sharia Courts hence no party had a mandate from the people of this country to allow it.
But I suppose that is a seperate arguement.

The Quran states that all Muslims MUST work towards the advancement of Islam and the imposition of Sharia Law upon everyone.
That is a stated, undeniable goal of Islam.

Many aspects of Sharia are barbaric and discrimitory.
Women are treat as chattal.

If we allow Sharia, should we also not allow Sikhs, Buddhists, Pagans, Jedi's etc also to have their own courts?

Ex-Pats in Islamic countries have to live by their laws and abide and respect their customs.
I agree with and accept that.
Why not expect the same here?
A cliche, but very, very true; when in Rome do as the Romans do!
Pretty simple and straightforward.

British law, it's law makers and enforcers are increasingly becoming more out of step with what the British people need and want.

We need a drastic overhaul of all three to give us fair and effective laws, for all, provided by principled and honourable law makers and enforced by neutral and apolitical enforcers.

[edit on 29/6/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

erm i did not give you a formal apology..

watch Monty python it helps...

and thank you for adding me as a foe.. heavens know why guess it makes you feel good.

I the one who has made the correct statments on this matter.. being ignorant and not admiting you have no clue what so ever and having a fear of muslims based on some stupid idiotic post from the dailymail that only show arse and tits...

you must be KIDDING ME...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If we allow Sharia, should we also not allow Sikhs, Buddhists, Pagans, Jedi's etc also to have their own courts?

but they do?

.... the law comes be for ANY proposal that people wish to make

They do not have the house of commons and the house of lords for nothing?

were do people get the drivvel?????

have any of you ever read about law? or how it works? or do you just read stupid pappers???

there is no LAW that states that sharia law IS LAW in the United Kingdom...

NONE

get over it...

UK law only HELPS with faith based issues like divorce.

racists biggots and idiots drive me insane

done with this thread keep your stupid fear mongering to you self..

God help you if you ever go on holiday to another country

look this word up

CULTURE

helps...

NOT ONE LAW THAT HAS EVER BEEN PASSED FOR SHARIA LAW

EVER

if you need a job.... fox news are looking for some

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

As I said I am done with you. Infact welcome to the ignore button. Love that little button.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hello? This is meant to be a free country? Show me nowadays how this is a free country?

We are watched 24 /7, by Cameras, We are video taped by the police, We cannot protest without permission. We are not allowed freedom of expression, incase we offend other people.

This country might have been a free country some time in thepast, But those freedoms are slowly being eroded, by the present UK Gov.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I understand your worry but watching the "talking heads" is not the same as watching parliamentary proceedings.

do not confuse news with the people who run your life for you...

and they run it because you are to lazy to do it your self...

Our money?

really? i did not know you printed it..

so the mouthpiece you speak of aka the BBC

YOU PAY FOR correct?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

being narrow minded never helps

feel free to use it.. shows the mentality of a person

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

What is it with people *comparing* countries...the point is this is a free country(or supposedly) everything mentioned works within the british legal framework and does not in any way clash with it.If it did i would be right with you in protesting,but this does not affect you and does not hinder british law one iota.So tell me *precisely* why it is such a big deal?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

its a big deal as what would happen if two courts of law one uk legal system and shira clash?, if you let every religion have a legal system, what then, what would happen, what i dont want to end up with the "religous" nuts turning and claiming we are being racist as we follow the rules of OUR land, not a backward country like iran, saudi etc. there is one law, one set of rules governing everyone, this is the basis of a free country, everyone plays by the same rules, its not one for us and one for them, this levels the playing fields and makes every equal.

we are in a free country because we have made it so, you are able to come on here and bitch becase it is a free country, if you were in a muslim state this would be against the law as it doesnt follow islams teachings, it is against islamic (shira) law to do anything unislamic, you would have oppressed medias, your music and books, dvds and information would be censored, your learning and well being will be effected, no alcohol, free rights or comebacks. Well they can bugger off and stick this up their arses as this country will not bow down to this backward nonsense, the term, when in rome... should apply, not we we will come to your country and dominate, and oppress you. this is what they are upto, the old trogen horse routine.

you think the brave men and woman in the armed forces are fighting for this, you have another thing coming, they are fighting for your rights, your freedoms, dont come running to us if this all goes pear shaped and you are left to your own devices with this nonsense ruining you life.

the golden rule is : when in rome !!!

wee mad mental

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

now that is a post i love!!

well said mate star for you

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

what made you think you had freedom in the first place?

you use money for god sake...

sorry this is planet earth not mars....

and it has everything to do with mentality... just like being scared of Muslims who practice a faith in a christian country.

I mean honestly what part do you not get?

we are free but we need laws... we use money as a way to trade.. for someone has to print the money in the first place..

being a slave is no different from going to work.. only difference is if you enjoy it.

This topic is about the law of the UK.. and i say again

NO law what so ever has been passed AS sharia LAW.. EVER

why? well ask 50 odd million people who live here who do not fancy getting there heads chopped off or hands or any other taranical crack pot crap

we do not live in the time of the crusades its the year 2009.. not 1200

so get a grip

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Oh but dont you know if we say anything or give an opinion about it we are regarded as racist, not only by certain individuals on ATS but also publicly.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

but your statement shows you have no clue? and basing it on something that has nothing to do with law?

You even stated once we get rid of the government? that has nothing to do with it? i mean how you worded it "to me" sounded like the are some how letting you down?

Muslims are not bad people they are just like you and me and have there own faith..and yes i can agree some take the biblical crap to far but most are happy to just get on with life....as do you and me i suspect.

to many issues on our planet are put into stupid box's based on ideological bull

and why?

well why do we have shiva? why alah? why jeasus ? why satan?

because most people are redundant in logical thinking. and the other side just do not give a rats be hind as to who put us here

we are the ones who care.. because we do not care who put us here or why.

start taking sides?

may as well start a war.. oh sorry that happened twice....

point is the united kingdom law is here to try to make life better for people with differing views on what or who or why created us..

and it has nothing to do with sharia law but fear of your fellow human being to express his own faith.

The law of the uk provides this for all faiths in the UK and im happy to support it even tho i have no faith..

UK law is Common law ..hence the name HOUSE OF COMMONS

no one is above the law

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The UK Parliament does not make the law for the whole of the UK. Scotland has a separate law system compared to england and wales so you are wrong in assumming this to be the case.

An besides the wesminster parliement is more corrupt than anywhere else in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join