It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

www.dailymail.c o.uk

At least 85 Islamic sharia courts are operating in Britain, a study claimed yesterday.
The astonishing figure is 17 times higher than previously accepted.

The tribunals, working mainly from mosques, settle financial and family disputes according to religious principles. They lay down judgments which can be given full legal status if approved in national law courts.

However, they operate behind doors that are closed to independent observers and their decisions are likely to be unfair to women and backed by intimidation, a report by independent think-tank Civitas said.
Commentators o
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.elsevier.nl
www.spitsnieuws.nl

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Actually i am stunned..law only applies for people who recognize the court..still what would happen with women's right..
Incredible how London/Albion allows these courts next to its own common law...
Hope this will wake up the UK and beyond...

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isn't that like printing your own money? I mean isn't that a critical sovereignty issue? If your legal system is being sytematically bypassed in favor of a coherent alternative system, isn't that the equivalent of a revolt, and treason?

I'm all for maintaining cultural identity, but I also believe in reciprocity: if those who support sharia courts in non-Islamic countries, shouldn't there be non-sharia courts for non-Muslims in Islamic countries? Personally I think the should be outlawed and the mullahs jailed for treason. If they want to keep their own customs, stay in their own country. If they want to immigrate to somewhere else, then leave that barbaric baggage behind and respect and accept the culture of where they are going.

Crap, they kill folks in Islamic countries for doing what they are doing in Europe, i.e., trying to change the local customs to be more like home, with women rights, education, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The jewish commnunity can do this also, whats the problem, how is it effecting you?

If your not from that part of the community it wont apply to you. Stop spreading fear about Muslims

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The jewish commnunity can do this also, whats the problem, how is it effecting you?

If your not from that part of the community it wont apply to you. Stop spreading fear about Muslims

Oh sorry i hurted your feelings...how about i begin my own court based on my imaginary friend "Harvey"..why not? wouldnt that be great?!never have to go to normal courts again and listen to those DA's and judges?

Oh in case you havent red that

Further rulings, according to the report, approve polygamous marriage and enforce a woman's duty to have sex with her husband on his demand. ........Examples set out in his study include a ruling that no Muslim woman may marry a non-Muslim man unless he converts to Islam and that any children of a woman who does should be taken from her until she marries a Muslim.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Everyone knew this was happening in the UK. Most have just decided to turn a blind eye. Oh we do not want to discriminate against muslims, lets have a muti cultural PC Brigade society, and bring this law through the backdoor.

Sadly this is what has happenned. Thanks to this Labour GOV. By the time we get rid of them it will be too late to do anything about it

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Everyone knew this was happening in the UK. Most have just decided to turn a blind eye. Oh we do not want to discriminate against muslims, lets have a muti cultural PC Brigade society, and bring this law through the backdoor.

Sadly this is what has happenned. Thanks to this Labour GOV. By the time we get rid of them it will be too late to do anything about it

85 courts in one year! and they didnt saw it coming, i wonder how many of these unknown courts are in Germany, France.. or my in homecity...

But now i know why MP Geert Wilders was not welcome in the UK..

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Lets make one thing clear,it is for domestic issues...british law still reigns supreme.It is simply giving muslims some leeway in the courts like jewish law already has in Britain.And the daily mail...who wudda thunk it

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

It effects me by spreading the notion that the host country's legal system is invalid. If the legal system is invalid, then the government has no legitimacy and can be displaced in other ways, eventually leading to insurrections and violence when a large enough group defends their "right" to ignore the laws of the country they are in in favor of the home country's system. What they are really trying to do is supplant the host country's social and legal systems with their own: basically an invasion, sort of peaceful, but a cultural invasion nonetheless.

If the Islamic countries are justified in disliking the introduction of Western vakues and systems in their countries, I can certainly dislike the introduction of Islamic values into mine. Muslims are not at all tolerant of squat that differs from their backwards practices: they regularly kill transgressors for ridiculous things that the rest of us consider trivial; they murder women in particular on a regular basis ("honor killings"). I'd have no problem if they just kept it to themselves, but like the other rotten branch of the same tree, they simply have to impose their crap on everyone around them. I guess even one dissenter makes everyone realize what a load of crap it all is.

Setting up your own court system is treason and insurrection just as much as bombing places you don't like is. If you want that system so bad, stay where it is already in place and quit trying to supplant mine with yours.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by apacheman]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you live in a country..you abide by the laws of that country. We all have to do it....no grey areas. If you dont like the laws of that country..then go back home.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
theres hundreds of beth`din in the UK - and a similar amount of christian courts

so why are you so `stunned` about sharia courts?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

This is what really annoys me. Would you see such countries as Iran, Israel, Russia, China allow british citizens Use our own laws in thier countries?

Answer not they would not.

So why should we allow muslims or the jewish communtiy, There should one law. And it certainly should not be sharia law.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Thats because we are supposed to be a free country...why are you comparing our country to others? what next? should we start pillaging villages,hacking people to pieces with machetes,raping woman and abducting children because they do it in sudan? very flawed view of the world...and its aspects of shariah law,like i said British law is still the law of the land and if certain aspects fit into the law,whats the problem exactly?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The IRA had their own form of justice too.

Kneecappings, kidnapping, murder.

The issue here (Sharia Law) will resolve itself over the course of a generation or two, when the young kids will reject Islam in favour of being able to make up ones own mind regarding religious matters, without the fear of retribution, ridicule, or revenge.

Islamic courts will fail. It'll just take time.

The only way to accelerate it would be for some type of IRA style justice detailed above to occur and make it onto the front page of every UK daily.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

And so did the UDF, have thier own justice system, where they done exactly the same thing as the IRA. No difference at all.

I am comparing this country to others, to show that not matter which way you look at it, those countries would not allow us to bring our own laws through the back door and then let us have closed door courts.

So why should Britain be any different. No other law should be allowed apart fromthe Law of the Counrty which they live in. Free country omg hms yeah oks. I will take that comment with apinch off salt

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
If you live in a country..you abide by the laws of that country. We all have to do it....no grey areas. If you dont like the laws of that country..then go back home.

Yes you abide by the laws of the country. You also make and change the laws to tailor the needs of the country. Society is not static neither is law.
This is a healthy change is does not affect you so plz plz stop crying and spreading hate!
Share your love not your pain
kx

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I can't believe people post stories from the Daily Fail and then get wound up by them.

Very silly.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

British law is the law of the land and they ARE abiding by it,none of the shariah laws we are talking about come into conflict with British law.It seems to me this has nothing to do with british law and more to do with bigotry...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Laurauk

British law is the law of the land and they ARE abiding by it,none of the shariah laws we are talking about come into conflict with British law.It seems to me this has nothing to do with british law and more to do with bigotry...

Then you havent red the article...forcing women to have sex? os that british common law?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That is not true,the justice system only relates to sensitive issues... with in muslim marrige..

and its the dailymail... i wouldnt call that great reading page 3 is always nice tho heh?

The law is for everyone but the sensitive nature of other peoples faith requires some attention.

same applies for jewish and other people

The Law Is the Law..

I watch to much bbc parliment

its a scare tactic oh look we are all turning into muslims run awaaay!!!

very sad really

[edit on 29-6-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join