It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Well you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my own opinion. You can call it bigotry all you want. I am just seeing it as what it is. It should not be allowed at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

rid of THEM? rid of who?

Im sorry but i found that statement some what crass...

Im sure they said that about black people and Irish people.

Fear is one thing ignorance is another..mind you both show the mentality of the person in question.

The courts in the UK oversee the process to facilitate the faith of Muslim marriage.

the LAW covers ALL people in the uk...im sorry you have your facts misplaced by reading such tripe in a tabloid news paper i wouldn't even wipe my be hind on.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

It was passed in the house of commons and is overseen by the law of the land..

No law has every been changed for Muslims.. but they use the UK law to sort out the DIVORCE of Muslims.. and other faith sensitive issues...

Its very simple..

Instead of reading crap.. try watching the people who make the laws im sure you will a lot more better information.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Enjoy... boring but at least you get the REAL facts not bullshizzle from a news paper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It starts with crap like this. I'm sure that the day will come when Sharia courts will come into direct conflict with Secular British law. What then?

Polygamy, forced sex, and discrimination based on sex and religion are already big no-nos in British law, yet such things are being promoted by Sharia courts?

When it comes down to it, in the future, when major conflicts arise, which law will Muslims hold supreme? Sharia or British law?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I bet the same thing was said when Christianity came there.

Why do yall care so much about a new religion coming over it isn't like the one that is there now is the native one.

I welcome any religion to come.

Unless a Celtic religion is practiced I don't care which one is there; none of them are native so no one should be complaining

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
It starts with crap like this. I'm sure that the day will come when Sharia courts will come into direct conflict with Secular British law. What then?

Polygamy, forced sex, and discrimination based on sex and religion are already big no-nos in British law, yet such things are being promoted by Sharia courts?

When it comes down to it, in the future, when major conflicts arise, which law will Muslims hold supreme? Sharia or British law?

Most Muslims don't practice Polygamy, and discrimination is nothing new to the British Isles its been done since a good 15-1600 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

OMG, the bbc are just as biased or even more biased than any newspaper.

When did I post that we should get rid of them all? show me where!

Until you back this up I assume that you might as well shut your trap, before going about accusing members of posting comments which that have not done so.

I will be awaiting your apology once you have backtracked on your coment that I said, Get rid off them all¬ But I assume an apology will not be fourthcomming.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I sayed It once and I will say it again, Islam is a scum religion and a fascist politicle system.

our cultures clash on every front and our free speech/politicle correctness doesn't serve us because muslims use it to there advantage but if freespeech is used against islam than they terrorize it.

I live in Europe and I have alot of muslim friends, as I live 5km's from Brussel and I can tell you this, muslims are sub-humans.

not all of them, but mos tof them are. sorry for some offended people, but you have no idea.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Why do yall care so much about a new religion coming over it isn't like the one that is there now is the native one.

Unless a Celtic religion is practiced I don't care which one is there; none of them are native so no one should be complaining

your ignorant and have no clue to what Islam is, and I would suggest you would research before talking this bs on here. Islam is not JUST a religion it is a totalitairian system. And it supresses free speech in the west and terrorizes authors for critisizing islam.

Islam sucks!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Laurauk

rid of THEM? rid of who?

Im sorry but i found that statement some what crass...

Im sure they said that about black people and Irish people.

Fear is one thing ignorance is another..mind you both show the mentality of the person in question.

The courts in the UK oversee the process to facilitate the faith of Muslim marriage.

the LAW covers ALL people in the uk...im sorry you have your facts misplaced by reading such tripe in a tabloid news paper i wouldn't even wipe my be hind on.

Its not just the Daily mail, over here its all over the news...[although not frontpage news]
and rid of who?..well the imam's...they should be throwned out yesterday.
like these

sjeez are you naive

Like apacheman said the government [common law] has no legitimacy and can be displaced in other ways..what if those courts enforce their own violence "monopoly"?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Foppezao]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Who cares, the UK is finished anyway, this is just like kicking a dead horse.

My only concern is that when they have figured out what a nightmare they have managed to create over there, they run East, not West.

And to think it was one of the most beautiful countries in the world once upon a time, I have never seen anything nicer than an English country estate.

Truly tragic, oh well, it's their country, if they want to trash it, it's not really any of our business.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
If you live in a country..you abide by the laws of that country. We all have to do it....no grey areas. If you dont like the laws of that country..then go back home.

when you say go back home, many muslims are born british, so they are in their home. this is strictly for domestic issues. Do you also wish the jewish community to go home, or just the muslims?

As I stated if your not from one of these communities, it has no effect on your lives whatsoever. Live and let live and all that.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This subject has been done to death on this site on so many occasions. What did surprise me was that if you ignore the "shock horror" tone of the article, it is quite an accurate description of the work and status of these tribunals.

If two Muslims choose to settle a dispute relating to property, family or matrimonial matters in a Sharia Court or before a recognised Mosque Committee, they are free to do so, just as Orthodox Jews have been able to do in the UK for decades in Beth Din Courts.

The British Judicial system now also encourages arbitration for all couples seeking divorce. Arbitration has been used for years to settle Industrial disputes, employment disputes and increasingly, commercial disputes, It is a cheaper and often more effective than going to court.

None of these ' Sharia Courts' have ascendancy over British judicial process or court rulings.

All these 'Courts' and committees must observe English Law, including sex equality laws.

If a party, having agreed to accept the verdict of the Sharia court, reneges on an arbitration agreement, that 'Court' can go a Judicial Court to seek civil enforcement. At the same time any ruling of a Sharia Court can be judicially reviewed to ensure it complies with English law.

No one is obliged to use these courts. At no time do they surrender their rights under English Law. If they are unhappy with the conduct of the court or its verdict, they can still pursue a claim through County or High Courts. English Law remains supreme.

The vast majority of the UK's 2.5 million Muslims still favour the traditional Judicial system for the resolution of disputes.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao[/url]

Actually forcing a woman to have sex with you within a marriage is covered I think, under Statutary Law - the Marriage Act, but I'm not sure which section or paragraph.

It's called The Restoration of Conjugal Rights.

A husband may take his wife to court is she refuses to have sex with him, but it is a very old law and not many people have ever heard of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

simple UK law.. just because you are Muslim does not make you special but to at least respect other peoples faith would help...

Look at gay marriage? .

To accommodate, does not require a change of law.. for EVERYONE is under the law and must abide by such..

One law i agree does not fit all.. and if you have read the Koran... it does state you must abide by the laws of the land you are in.

Most think all Muslims are crazy terrorists sad but true

and i blame the Nazis.

Read history my friend Osama was a patsy for the CIA.. they created him.

idiots followed him

But neways the point is the courts still have to follow UK law. End of story.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The jewish commnunity can do this also, whats the problem, how is it effecting you?

If your not from that part of the community it wont apply to you. Stop spreading fear about Muslims

what muslims do is creat parallel community's and thats very bad, because then you get tensions and In my country Belgium and the country next to me the Netherlands we have tremedous tensions.

Let me tell you what islam does:

-It immigrates to the west for a "better" life because where they came from things weren't so good, why? because they life buy the qu'ran thats why.

-They infiltrate our schools and don't talk the language of the country they (invaded) they are very hostile against native's and are self proclaimed enemys of the west (and indeed they are).

-Once a school begins to have a large amount of muslims rules start to change drasticly. ie, litle muslim boys terrorize litle girls for not wearing the robe. You have litle muslim boys calling adult woman prostitutes because where they come from the woman is inferior.

-They get in schools and the parents of these children don't want there boys no bath in the same water then girls did.

-They don't want there children to do arts (because the qu'ran sayed so).

-you can't talk abou there religion because they will be very agressive, even my friends. But I don't mind I just keep talking because I cherish my free speech and I can destroy them in arguing but they just don't relize it because they are so brainwashed.

-They start implementing the same Islamic laws in our court system, we are a secular continent (Europe) and if you know what secularity means you will understand that sharia law actualy against secularity is. because sharia + our court system =/= secular society.

conclusion:

Islam is not compaptible with the western mentality and Americans that post about this issue saying that we should just leave them have no idea and can't relate to us as you don't have parallel community's of islamic fundamentalists.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Originally posted by jatsc

your ignorant and have no clue to what Islam is, and I would suggest you would research before talking this bs on here. Islam is not JUST a religion it is a totalitairian system. And it supresses free speech in the west and terrorizes authors for critisizing islam.

Islam sucks!

First of all yes I do have a clue what Islam is. Second learn to spell.

I have lived in many Muslim countries and have many Muslims as friends what do you know about Islam besides what you see on TV or here from others. Have you ever read the Quran because I have.

Christianity also suppresses free speech if you ever noticed (Catholicism) and many people have killed for talking against the church.

Everything you say about Islam can also be stated about almost every other religion across the globe except for a few.

Over the centuries people have been terrorized by criticizing Christianity as well learn your history.

You are nothing but a bigot

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a 2 tier law system one for the british indigenous people and one for people wishing to live in this country but dont want to use our systems that we british have honed and tweaked and fought wars over and paid taxes into for many generations is a very dangerous and sad way forward, look what hapened to the aboriginal people the native americans what hapened in rowanda and cossavo
the greatest disturbing thing is if a british person speaks up against these rapid changes in laws and culturing posturing they are racist when we are trying to retain our culture

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

sorry pal but the UK is doing fine thanks

and do not for get your speaking MY mother tongue

ENGLISH.

we may be small but we are very smart ; ) besides we have been there done that and have the tshirt

your living proof of it Matey

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I fail to see what you are against here...since it still works within the framework of british law,so the only thing you can be against here is British law,which is what you are trying to uphold? am i reading this correctly? oxymoron if i ever seen one..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join