It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by junkeroo
please stop this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this has gone far enough.....this is lame and there is no point to this and it's really getting on my nerves

Ummm...am I the only one wondering why someone who gets upset about nothing.... continues to read what upsets them....for nothing. silly silly people....don't read the thread if you don't like it. How hard is that?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So...I made my way back here myself because I've had 3 nights with lucid dreams I guess they'd be called this past week.

This was really weird and really cool. However not knowing much about the subject, except seeeing it mentioned here and some personal experience in the past..and since I wasn't "trying" to have lucid dreams...just as I wasn't in the past or wasn't trying to have oob experiences when I so often did as a child...I am just wondering a few things and bring it here to you...

Now that I have had these this week...any suggestions on where I should go from here? I know there are people with all sorts of experiences here and I know there have been others that had either (or perhaps both) OOB and lucid dreaming without having to try-this would be me!

So now I want to know better how to go from unintentional to intentional, and if the ability to dream lucidly seems to be indication of a higher possiblity of success in intentional OOBEs should I decide to endeavor to go that route...

I am now wondering a few things...if I am not dreaming lucidly on purpose-well at first at least I wasn't... as in I don't fall asleep with the intention (yet) but of course in my dream, once I realize I'm dreaming and can control it, then I am dreaming lucidly, right?

So, anyway, then can I more easily dream lucidly on purpose now? As in fall asleep with the intent? And if so, how?

I remember reading something once where you can have some type of trigger to help you realize you are dreaming and make it a lucid dream...I'd like to learn more about that...as I seemed to have an unintentional one (trigger) this week that became kind of apparent in my dreams.

This is all really hard to explain, both in my ineptness to describe such things sometimes, and because...well you know...it wasn't my intention in browsing ATS this lovely Saturday morning thinking I'd reveal more of this side of myself...yet suddenly I find I am...and as I began to write some of this something else relevent hit me! And I am unsure if I want to reveal this "coincidence" or not as I'm not sure if I am really able to go that far in revealing *that* much about myself
Hmmm...we'll see...

Anyway, here is the kind of weird thing about the dreaming, is that sometimes just as I relized I was dreaming, I wake up very shortly after taking control in my dream...and then I awake and go...cool dream...and fall back to sleep...and you know how you can wake from a good dream and want to finish it, but never can...well I would fall back asleep and though it would be a little different, there seem to be something, some type of trigger that not only called to my attention that I was dreaming yet again, but that linked it with my prior dream-like there was some continuity between them. This happened at least 2 of the nights

I'd say this past week since it all began I had 3 nights of lucid dreaming, and two of those nights I awoke to fall back asleep and continue another epsiode of lucid dreaming. One night I think I had 3 lucid dreams, and two of them had a coninuous theme...you might think it was because I was in control...and maybe...but it seemed more that it was the theme of the dream, and something within that theme which was actually the trigger for me to realize I was dreaming and take control.

Odd huh?

Now here is somthing else I find ..um...interesting to say the very least...something I wasn't sure I'd share, but WTH, right?

I remember reading about the things that kind of "purify" one for these experinces, or preparing for OOBE etc... and reading suggestions and opnions from everything from eating right, drink plenty of water and taking care of your body, to being well rested as oppossed to being exhausted...to abstaining from masturbation even...not sex, as someone pointed out one's sexuality is an important part of one's being, but still self-abuse should be curtalied...

So here is the really uncanny conincidence I asn't sure I'd share...can you guess it now?
Yeah well, not only did I not abuse myself so to speak this week, but it's actually a New Years resolution to abstain from it...and here's the part I don't know if I should divulge...but WTH, might as well-*you* don't know me-and who are *you* to judge anyway
...but um... I'm rather an addict of this particular "habit"

...but just as said I was thinking it wqas cool this week to be experiencing lucid dreams and wondering about the connection of themes, but didn't think of talking to anyone about it until browsing ATS today, I dind't think about the possible connection to me rehabilitating from my addiction to the lucid dreams until I began talking of them...

maybe there is no connection-but it's interesting to me because I haven't had lucid deams in a loooooong time and never in clusters of a week or more than one in a night do I think....so as I was asking for suggestions and replaying the ones I've already read here that kind of clicked in my head as I realized it is the only other "significant" change in my life this week

Though admittedly I made another such resolution to be a purer person -spiritually so to speak-which I can't help wondering if it plays an important role too...certainly there have been more than one interesting "payoffs" so to speak in such physical and spiritual purifying it seems...but geez...who would think in a week? But this has been an interesting week...

[edit on 7-1-2006 by think2much]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I remember reading something once where you can have some type of trigger to help you realize you are dreaming and make it a lucid dream...I'd like to learn more about that...as I seemed to have an unintentional one (trigger) this week that became kind of apparent in my dreams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(above written by ThinkToMuch)

I to have read & heard about the triggers......a very common one it to LOOK at your hands...another is to try and find a lightswitch and attempt to turn it on......these things are to bring your attention into the now.....so you can know if your dreaming or if it is real, or if you are indeed in an alternate reality, because you cant turn on lights in other dimensions even if you find a lightswitch........
I am going with the ~LOOK AT YOUR HANDS~ trigger, for this just seems easier to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have something strange happen to me once in a while. I'll start off by saying that I have never tryed AP/OOBE, but I read about someone who was just sleeping and felt like they "fell" out of the astral plane onto their bed.
Sometimes, especially when I am disturbed from sleeping, I will wake up the way some people describe a failed attempt, but when I get up it feels like my entire body is "glowing" or something, its even hard to keep my ballance and is disorienting for about a minuite or so.
When I first wake up this glowing feeling (kind of feels like it is ocillating as well) is EXTREEMLY intense and disipates over the next 1-2 mins.

Can anyone tell me what this is? Am I half in half out of an ap on the concious side of things or is it just...I dont know what... (guess thats why I'm askin...lol)

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I to have read & heard about the triggers......a very common one it to LOOK at your hands...another is to try and find a lightswitch and attempt to turn it on......these things are to bring your attention into the now.....so you can know if your dreaming or if it is real, or if you are indeed in an alternate reality, because you cant turn on lights in other dimensions even if you find a lightswitch........
I am going with the ~LOOK AT YOUR HANDS~ trigger, for this just seems easier to me.

Thank you goddess-that makes sense, looking at your hands kind of would make you realize it instantly, because your mind would automatically take into account, "hey I only try to look at my hands if I'm dreaming, therefore I must be" right? As much as it being for any other reason of calling your attention to the now of the moment etc.

The light switch idea and reason behind it is facinating isn't it? I want to dream lucidly just so I can try that!
you know though, put it to the test after I know I'm dreaming by looking at my hands!

The weird thing is, when you wrote the words "alternate reality" as that just hit me like a ton of bricks in an outstanding way,

You know, you have dreams and vivid dream that *feel* so real, trigger real emotions...like my angelic daughter tonight asleep in my arms after sleepily "falling" into the toilet (She's 4 1/2 years old and weighs 33 lbs soaking wet and in an attempt to hold her princess nighty up to sit on the throne, she let go of holding herself up on the seat and her petite li'l bum took a cold dip-she was devastated and some cuddling to overcome this ordeal and go back to sleep
)

...but as she slept in my arms, she began to laugh! She was asleep...but laughing. It startled me at first, then delighted me to watch her smile come and go, and hear her trying to laugh right out loud...I couldn't help but wonder what she was dreaming...and took sheer joy in watching her be so happy for a few moments

But those seemingly real and even emotional dreams never really have me wondering if it's real, just marveling how it *felt* when I awake, but lucid dreaming...is truly an alternate reality...that just strikes me as beautiful because it is so accurate. I know I Know, catch up, right? It's not that I'd never thought about it that way, but then again...I hadn't.

I'm not making sense...but let me tell you in one dream things suddenly began to change, and take on an altered reality feel...prior to this I wasn't aware I was dreaming, it is when it became like...don't laugh (too hard) some time of video game...that I went WTF? This is odd, thisn't isn't reality...the whole atmosphee had changed into something nearly surreal, and as soon as I took note of this, I realized I was dreaming...

This new atmosphere was clearly a dreamscape...I use that term because I saw a movie when I was little so titled about lucid dreaming and and it just came to my mind! WOW That was a great movie too-or at least I thought so as a kid-wonder if its available to rent!

OK, anyway, sorry, rambling!!! I really should be in bed right now!!

But when I realized everything had changed because I was in a dreamscape, it became very...I don't know..Matrix like in the fact I thought...well cool, then I can do anything-and I did.
it was very cool in the physically defying things I experienced, and along with the theme, (which I couldn't really change all that much) I found myself really enjoying this alternate reality for all it was worth- playing quite a fun character in the game so to speak!

But yeah an alternate reality...and realizing it...makes for a lot of fun!

When I awoke, I wished I could have more such fun...when I fell asleep again, I was again in a theme of "good guys" in life and "bad guys". so to speak, but not in such a "fantasy" type atmosphere, but in a more traditional life like one, but I wont say it wasn't equally surreal for the same theme of good guys and bad guys existed, just in a different way...

When I awoke...but there was no"Oh it was only a dream" thought or feeling as I knew that already and awoke reluctantly ...and as I turned over in my bed and pondered if I should get up and pee...I decided not to pee and continue the dream...rolled over and guess what...I did...I fell back asleep and continued, but not really where I left off, but still in dreaming lucidly for awhile in the same atmosphere as before...with some of the same people...

Which I will add this note too..that as soon as I realized I was dreaming lucidly, and I changed my perception to control myself in the dream, I found other people changed too...it was odd...some actually just walked away from me! Too weird, turned their backs and walked away!

...and I thought to myself, yeah, they aren't needed now anyway...

odd I know...but since it's all still so fresh in my head this week, I just feel-where else could I talk of this?

In another dream, different night...I also met up with an old lover, and we were intimate (not actually having sex though) but there was guilt in it until I realized it was a dream...this was different in the fact I didnt realize it in the dream but in becoming conscious from my dream, I realized it and went directly back asleep, where there were so many tell tale signs and even in my dream I was laughing to myself thinking of course it's a deam, and I walked around an empty room with just a bed and nightstand in it now, where once, in the previous dream, it had been larger-or seemed so- and furnished and cluttered, but when I re-enterd the dream so to speak the room was nearly vancant now, except for the bed and nightstand-and my lover...who now almost didn't have a life of their own though, like some robot or child waiting to be told what to do...like they had no free will...this kind of bothered me...

,...and they being naked I had to tell them to not turn around etc when I opened the door etc...so there were elements of me controling myself and things, but elements of the dream itself which proposed it's own theme and characters too (As I'd not have had anyone at the door interrupting me-especially knowing my intentions of reaquainting myself with my long lost lover!
) and within that I didn't have complete control of the dreams, but certainly of myself...and some aspects...

I don't know, I'm too tried to explain it well, but all in all, it is a good time, worth repeating, and I still think much insight can be gained from subconscious insight in anaylzing these dreams as even as I explain them here, I see significance in a few aspects...especially how people turned their backs and walked away, and how the room was empty when I returned...

interesting...I do want to endeavor to do more of this...

Thanks for giving me a place to talk about it, think about it, and ask questions goddess!!!

and everything else

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hello think2much,

Originally posted by think2much
Thank you goddess-that makes sense, looking at your hands kind of would make you realize it instantly, because your mind would automatically take into account, "hey I only try to look at my hands if I'm dreaming, therefore I must be" right?

The problem with that technique is that while you're dreaming you repeat the same actions you do in the physical. It would be highly unlikely that you would mechanically look at your hands, just because you were dreaming. You would need a trigger that would make you realize you were dreaming, before you even thought about looking at your hands. Therefore you would only decide to look at your hands in your dream, if you were already quite sure you were in a dream. Looking at your hands would only serve to make the dream more lucid, not to make you realize that you were in a dream.

To realize you are in a dream you would need a trigger that you repetitively do in the physical, so that you can mechanically do it in the astral. This action however, must have a different outcome in the astral, so that you know when you're dreaming and when you're not.

One such trigger is to repetitively jump during the day with the intention of flying. Logically, if you repeat the action enough in the physical, you will also repeat it in your dream. If you jump with a real intention of flying in your dream however, you will actually start flying! Once you are flying you will have realized that you are dreaming, and then can look at your hands to make it even more lucid. If done properly, this technique will allow you to 'wake up' into your dreams quite often, with only a little of effort during the day. Alternatively you can also repetitively pull your finger with the intention of stretching it, which will have the same effect as the jump.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have experience OOBE before, several times in fact, but my friend made a very interesting comment, he told me that he believe astral projection is nothing more then a very intense lucid dream. I still believe OOBE is real since I've experienced it, but I'm not sure if I'm experiencing a lucid dream or something more than that, so what seperate a lucid dream from OOBE?

Note: He never experienced lucid dream before or astral projection before, but he did raise an interesting question, that has boggled me now, I need something to strengthen my belief that OOBE is real.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hey Thinktomuch...........rent a couple of videos and watch them....get 'WAKING LIFE' its animated but amazingly informative on this very subject.....also get 'WHAT DREAMS MAY COME' with Robin Williams, for this one is seriously thought provoking along these lines as well.....

Sky...there is a HUGE differance between lucid dreaming and astral travel.....it is hard for me to describe however........but I will try....... In lucid dreaming YOU are in charge of your enviroment and themes running through your mind. In the Astral, you may have no control at all and are experianceing a REAL and completely foreign reality from 3D......you may be able to watch people that you actually know and tell them exactly what they were doing and when, and this can shock them into being a tad afraid of you so I would advise you NOT to tell them.

I think Akashic is going to be more informative than I am in defineing the differance between the 2 experiances.
Take this one Akashic ok? lol I am so gratefull for your help on this subject!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your attempt RiverGoddess, I just did some research, I just regain some reassurance that OOBE is real. But I would love to here what Akashic has to say about this. I mean so far from what I read and what you told me, I really did experience OOBE, I just wish I can experience it once more.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello skyblueff0,

Originally posted by skyblueff0
I still believe OOBE is real since I've experienced it, but I'm not sure if I'm experiencing a lucid dream or something more than that, so what seperate a lucid dream from OOBE?.

I've responded to this question a few times, so I'll just quote some of my previous answers instead of typing it all again
:

Originally from a previous post
Dreams are the projections of our subjective elements (fantasies, daydreams etc...) into the astral dimension. Since the astral dimension is subconsciouslly affected by thought, any thought you have will affect its matter, or better yet, how you perceive it.

If we do not project subconscious elements into the astral, we see what is real. No longer do we cloud the astral with fantasies, but see reality. In this state of concentration one can find things that are also in the physical dimension, meet with friends objectively and later on confirm it etc...

An astral projection can quickly turn into a dream, if we lose concentration. Rest assured that if you let your mind run wild, and do not control your emotions your projection will not last very long.

Once again, the only difference between lucid dreaming (conscious dreaming), and astral projection, is the amount of subjective elements that are projected into it.

The only difference between a lucid dream and OBE is the amount of subconscious elements projected into the dimension.

Dreams are the projections of our subjective elements (fantasies, daydreams etc...) into the astral dimension. Since the astral dimension is subconsciouslly affected by thought, any thought you have will affect its matter, or better yet, how you perceive it.

A lucid dream is having the ability to consciously affect your dream, while still in the "fantasy." An OBE however is the ability to consciously interact with the astral, with a lower amount of subsconscious elements present.

Unless we are extremely experienced, our OBE's will always contain certain dream elements, but for the most part we will experience the dimension objectively. To see whether you are having a lucid dream or not, requires you to still your mind, and become aware. Doing this will quickly turn a lucid dream into an OBE, or if you are having an OBE it will remain the same. Either way, you win.

What you experienced was lucid dreaming. The difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming is the amount of subjective elements within the astral. That is to say that lucid dreaming is conscious control of a fantasy, while astral projection is conscious control of an objective experience. Unless you are without egos, if you are having an astral projection there will always be a certain amount of dream elements within it, but these will be outnumbered by objective astral matter. It is very easy for the dream elements to over power the astral experience, and when this happens the astral projection turns into a dream.

It is possible to turn a lucid dream into an objective astral projection. Simply clear your mind, and realize that the dream is not real. The dream only exists because you are identified with it. When you realize it is not real it begins to dissappear, replaced by authentic astral matter.

I hope that helps.

~*~

Edited to add:

The astral is an objective place. Dreams exist in our subconscious, while the astral does not. You can directly experience this for yourself, and instead of believing that the astral isn't a dream, know it. That's the great thing, there's no need for theories or beliefs. They're only obstacles to obtaining real knowledge.

One thing you can do is arrange a meeting with someone in the astral. If you happen to succeed and meet, simply talk and discuss anything you wish. Once you wake up ask the person what you talked about, and if he was conscious you will be surprised to learn that indeed you were talking to the person.

You can also arrange a test that you can do by yourself:

• Shuffle a deck of cards.
  • Randomly choose one face down card, and put it on your bedside.
  • Astral project, and in the astral pick up the card and look at which one it is.
  • When you wake up check to see if the card is the one you saw in the astral.

This test will only work if you are very conscious in the astral. If not, your subconscious may just be manifesting subconscious elements which interfere with your test.

Inverencial Peace,
    Akashic

[edit on 8/1/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

• posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
    link   
    VERY thourough Akashic!
    Excellant answers as usuall

Thank you again for you insight here.......I know I am not the only person who appreciates your time and efforts on this thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:22 PM
    link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
    Hello think2much,

The problem with that technique is that while you're dreaming you repeat the same actions you do in the physical. It would be highly unlikely that you would mechanically look at your hands, just because you were dreaming. You would need a trigger that would make you realize you were dreaming, before you even thought about looking at your hands. Therefore you would only decide to look at your hands in your dream, if you were already quite sure you were in a dream. Looking at your hands would only serve to make the dream more lucid, not to make you realize that you were in a dream.

Exactly! That's what I was kind of trying to say in my own inept way in my reply to Rivergoddess-that if I went so far to do that-look at my hands-it would be because I was already (pretty dang) sure I was dreaming and seeking verification, which verification would be almost immediate with the mere thought/action of looking at my hands...because never when I am awake would I think..."gee, am I dreaming? Let me look at my hands to see..."
    you know? So I'ds already have to be aware I was dreaming and it would serve as confirmation just to consider doing it, you know....cemented by actually doing it perhaps...or that would help me become "more awake" as I think you put it.

To realize you are in a dream you would need a trigger that you repetitively do in the physical, so that you can mechanically do it in the astral. This action however, must have a different outcome in the astral, so that you know when you're dreaming and when you're not.

Makes sense. What was weird last week is that there seemed to be a trigger, "waking me up" so to speak in my dream last week. NOw, I'm going to sound off my rocker, but I almost wondered if...here I go again, showing too much of myself...but I wondered if *someone* was triggering me...like someone was telling me something.

OK... going to just go ahead and get really weird on you, WTH!

("on my own, here I go! (GD/"Brain Stew")

It didn't occur to me again until I sit here and write about it, but I did notice I seemed to hvae a trigger, not an intentional one by me...anyway, when I just started writing about it-how it seemed like *someone* wanted me to wake up...

ANyway, I remembered something else that happened last week...I felt like there was someone in my house...not of body but spirit. My sister of all freaking people...(Religious and very conservative...would never come to a site like this let alone a board like this) anyway, she of all people told me about a year ago, that if you feel someone is trying to talk to you...talk to them...and this from the most sane and conservative person I know, combined with a silly show I once watched where paranormal investigators were asking in a home they were exploring..."Is there something you want to say to us? Is there someone there who wants to speak with us" etc...

So..last week when I had this feeling...yeah you guessed it, I said aloud, "Are you trying to tell me something? Is someone trying to tell me something? WHat are you trying to tell me"

Anyway...no one told me anything
    and I continued what I was doing not thinking much more about it...until I was just writing how *someone* seemed to be triggering me...waking me up in my dreams..."

Hmmmmm....now I'm just kind of freaked out.

One such trigger is to repetitively jump during the day with the intention of flying. Logically, if you repeat the action enough in the physical, you will also repeat it in your dream. If you jump with a real intention of flying in your dream however, you will actually start flying!

Oh yeah! That would be a really easy one for me because BTDT! Well, I haven't so much in real life jumped trying to fly or trying to cause a trigger, but as a kid I used to fly in my dreams all the time-and then know it was a dream. It was always so wierd because it was so different from the OOBE I had then too....well obviously because one was a fully conscious OOBE and one was a dream, and the *feeling* of both were very uniquely different...

However I so loved those dreams where I could fly-but sometimes it was weird...like I'd start to fly, by jumping higher and higer first and realizing I could jump in such physically defying ways unless dreaming...and then once I realized I was dreaming I'd fly! However sometimes I didn't have complete control...and I'd be flying out of control...like to fast, too far or too high and I'd get scared...you'd think I wouldn't be scared in a dream, but it was the out of control feeling I was afraid of.

Some dreams though I didn't realize it was a dream...and I'd be thinking..."Oh, after all those dreams it's true...I can fly..." and then I'd be afraid others would see me and know. I had a reocurring dream as a child that I'd be on the playground playing ball or something and be jumping...and my body was tearning to fly...trying to...and I was holding myself down, trying not to jump too high...being afraid the other kids would know I could fly, etc...and it was hard to keep trying to use gravity because my body wanted to soar in these dreams...

hmmmm...come to think of it...I wonder if this wasn't indicative of how I felt out of control of my OOBE-as I never purposely initiated them as far as I know...and I was afraid to tell anyone...even my sister that I "Flew" as I called it because floating around our house, and how quickly I'd return to my body felt like "flying" even though it felt very different than the flying in my deams...again duh-because it was ...

intesting...only to me I realize..but maybe that also covers why in my dreams I was afraid of being out of control too...because in real life my OOBE just happened...

I know I seem like a nut. WHen my parents divorce seemed to be leaving me trouble I was sent to a shrink...feeling this was a 'safe place' to talk of anything as he said...I confied of my OOBE etc...he then proceeded to ask me what kinds of drugs did I do on a regular basis, and what had I only 'tired' before...
    I never until now discussed any of this really! Can ya blame me?

ANYWAY....Akashic-THANK YOU!! I think I will start jumping...if nothing else...I'd enjoy a dream of flying...those are some good dreams and they are few and far in between in my adult life

[edit on 8-1-2006 by think2much]

[edit on 8-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:35 AM
    link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
    hey Thinktomuch...........rent a couple of videos and watch them....get 'WAKING LIFE' its animated but amazingly informative on this very subject.....also get 'WHAT DREAMS MAY COME' with Robin Williams, for this one is seriously thought provoking along these lines as well.....

Sky...there is a HUGE differance between lucid dreaming and astral travel.....it is hard for me to describe however........but I will try....... In lucid dreaming YOU are in charge of your enviroment and themes running through your mind. In the Astral, you may have no control at all and are experianceing a REAL and completely foreign reality from 3D......you may be able to watch people that you actually know and tell them exactly what they were doing and when, and this can shock them into being a tad afraid of you so I would advise you NOT to tell them.

I think Akashic is going to be more informative than I am in defineing the differance between the 2 experiances.
    Take this one Akashic ok? lol I am so gratefull for your help on this subject!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

to describ
    Actually, if you think about it Goddess, its not hard to describe lucid dreaming from Astral Travel...Lucid Dreams are easy to recall and are wonderful experiences, but Astral Travel is as real as real is right now. The awareness is as wakefull awareness, Yes? Things seem physical, even if somewhat transparent, and the recall is 100%. The experience is as real as life.....You know when you are in a dream, because it is obscure, vague, foggy, sluggish, in comparison to Astral travel...you may confuse a lucid drea with astral projection, but you will not confuse astral projection with a dream, you WILL know it when it happens

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:51 AM
    link   
    Hey has anyone tried the method where you use Binaural Sounds to induce an oobe by helping to relax the mind?
    I found this link off another thread and was wondering if anyone had had any success.
    uazu.net...
    I dont think people recommend you use this method permanently but it may help get you out once just to experience it.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    Rivergoodess-by the way...again thank you.

I will look into Waking Life and I've seen What Dreams May Come! Oh yeah! That was a great film as I recall...I only saw it when it was first out....That was what about 6 years ago I think?...hmmmm that was a good movie for MANY reasons as I recall-I think I will really enjoy that movie again, especially with my present experiences and interests-thanks! :-)

Yeah though I've never been on the astral plane, I can tell you OOBE and dreams, be they vivid or actually lucid are still very different. The consciousness of OOBE is 100% reality-even in my most lucid dreams there has still been elements of subconsciouness and fantasy...even if I were to control them 100% it would not be the same as the unchangeble reality of OOBE-if that helps anyone.

It's just that in OOBE I'm not capable of creating, modifiyng or changin anything about it because it's reality...lucid dreaming...even if I control it 100% I'm still controling -fantasy. Make sense?

Not that I've ever controled in-EVER-100%

Astral plane is another reality of OOBE, so of course much different than lucid dreaming, but in all my OOBEs I've had the familiar physical world around me-so thus have never been on the actual astral plane of things...

anyway, that's my 'lameman' (haha) explantion of differences if it helps anyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:29 AM
    link   

Originally posted by CyberWasp
    Hey has anyone tried the method where you use Binaural Sounds to induce an oobe by helping to relax the mind?
    I found this link off another thread and was wondering if anyone had had any success.
    uazu.net...
    I dont think people recommend you use this method permanently but it may help get you out once just to experience it.

Hmmm Cyberwasp....thats interesting for sure...but I don't know...kind of takes the spiritual aspect out of it for me...if that makes any sense...I don't know why...I guess I think of it as 'outside' sources the way drugs can induce certain things between mind body and soul too-you know-just by messing with your brain...hmmm...I just don't know

But then again, I'm one to try just about anything once, so it's not like if someone were to offer me this experience I'd turn it down!
    but to seek it...I'm too lazy...is it on CD and can I borrow someone's earphones?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:58 PM
    link   
    Geeze, I still havent been able to do this again. The closest I come are like...lucid dreams.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:33 PM
    link   
    Well..................the triggers I was describing did not come from me.
    The 'look at your hands' thing comes from Carlos Castenada in his book 'The ART of dreaming'.................and the 'try and flick the lightswitch' comes from the movie 'Waking life'. I was just trying to share triggers i knew about.

I totally LOVE the jumping thing though, thats alot more unusual and goes well with the nature of this project....lol, the ~projecting project jumpfest~! haha!

I think I am gunna be jumping around a bit more now to........I also hear the jumping for joy burns alot of calories BTW.....

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:54 PM
    link   
    AkashicWanderer

I wanted to say thanks for the information, lol its cool that you quoted stuff, I wouldn't want to retype stuff all over again, but wouldn't it be a pain to search through all of the thread pages? I mean 26 pages, wow!!!

Anyways thanks again.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:59 PM
    link   
    you don't have to go back that far. page 20 has a summary of all important questions and from there it is just repeating the same thing over and over again.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join