It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

And why in the name of god didnt you tell your sister the presence she felt was you?? Nobody could doubt you had astral travelled into the room after something like that happening.

I was young and was afraid to tell people I did this! She was freaked out enough by the *presence* she felt...and you want me to tell her Im the freak she felt? LMAO don't think so!

With that said a few questions come to mind.
What decided which spirit takes the body?
Is there a form of fighting in the astral world?Can you astrally beat the crap outta someone?

I don't remember all your questions but it doesn't matter because I don't have the answers! LOL Sorry!

Though I have heard one CAN be hurt while OOB...don't know if its true but the same people warning me about leaving my body defenslessly void of my spirit also said Spirits are subject to "physical" harm via electricity but I can't remember what the risks were exactly....stay away from power lines perhaps? lol

as for the voices in your head of a different tone from your own voice...I'd um, look into possible schizophrenia there-but guess it could be other entities sharing your mortal habitation

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
Rivergoddess I dont think id be wrong to assume there are alot of people on this forum who dont believe a word your saying. You dont have to prove a thing but if you want to give people solid proof lets try a little experiment. First track me down and tell me exactly what I was doing at a certain part of the day, tell me where I was and who I was with etc.

If I COULD do as your demanding, can you tell my WHY I would want to come and check you out of all possible people? I have nothing to prove to you.......

Well fishforbrains IF you really have been reading this forum (big giant IF) you know all about difficulty I'm having CONTROLING the direction, the time...and 98% of the time I AM BLIND
so how would I be able to tell you anything at all?....I don't care one whit if you doubt, but for heck sakes what possible PURPOSE could there be for the continuation of this thread if it did NOT happen and was'nt STILL going on......it OBVIOUS to most people who actually READ this thread ~(and not just jump in and make CLAIMS to have read it when they have not)~ I am a seeker of knowledge not some Guru of OOBE.....your very amusing though, making your statements, looking silly when you have NOT read the thread.
whatEVA
Once you die and see for yourself you will know and feel very stupid for your brazen uninformed challenge....

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
Also, could the feeling when you wake up and feel as if you've just landed from a fall have something to do with it?

[edit on 21-12-2005 by mashup]

From all my experiances...I am COMPLETELY CONVINCED that the feeling of a falling dream is the return of your soul to the body...it IS the end of a real live OOBE. Not one doubt in my mind.......

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
HA!!! I got to the vbrational stage! I'm so excited I thought I'd make a post about it

Not being able to sleep isn't always a bad thing

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm a little confused, along with many other people I expect. If I just lie on my bed when I'm tired and think about leaving my body, using absolute will power and calling out in your mind for someone to pull you out, is that what you're supposed to do? (While being relaxed of course).

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Mashup, From what I understand that's exactly what it is... But... There's also a sense of believing, and understanding what your doing. Not just understanding that your soul is leaving your body, but also understanding the concept of it. I mean, it sounds easy, but once you get near that Heavy Vibrational feeling, it's kind of either like, "Hurry up, will ya!?" or "ZZZzzzzzz"
So it's what you said, added Meditation, understanding, and belief.

RiverGodess, I'm having alot of trouble once I've gotten to the very deep, heavy part. Three nights in a row, I've been able to get so far as to keep my train of thought, and feel like my body is Heavy/underpressure It's not really a pressure but I'll just leave it at that. I THINK I've heard Astral wind the last two nights, because I could tell a difference between blood rushing to my ears, and an actual sound. One's deeper and more basey than the other, I think the Blood rushing was deeper, but It's hard to recall right now. But whenever I move, or open my eyes I just don't feel any difference. I'm not sure on how long it's supposed to take. The Astral Sound, if that's what I'm hearing, Comes and goes, usually depending to my concentration toward Consciousness. Alot of times I risk alot of wasted time by letting myself drift off to wherever my mind leads, and then after ten 15 minutes or so I focus on how my body feels, and become conscious again, and I suddenly hit a really deep state of Meditation. It frustrates me because I don't know what to do, should I try to move like I would with my physical fingers? Or concentrate on moving any Astral fingers I might not be aware of? I know I probably don't have Astral fingers, but in a sense of moving, I'm not sure what to look for.

I do remember a feeling like my hand had doubled, almost like I could feel a 'ghost hand', not feel it on me, but feel of it, like it was my hand. It was in the exact same spot, only with that hand I could feel my physical hand pulsing or something. Not in a heart beat, just a very slow, smooth beat, that would reach it's peak in two seconds, then reach the bottom of a valley in 3 seconds. Like a wave-like-pulse. But I had no Idea how to move it if it was a hand, I just tried twiddling my fingers, and luckly I didn't leave the meditative state.

I also thought I felt some serious sleep paralysis, it felt like someone was holding my forearm, and chest was heavy, but it felt more like Carpaltunnel Syndrome than a grasp. I opened my eyes, expecting to see some demon or something on my chest, like they say you hallucinate, and I saw a Giant shadowy blob on my chest! I was like! "OH #!" And I sat up really quick, only to realize that my Closet door was open, and it's directly infront of me. So it was actually the mess in my closet that appeared to be on my chest.

But any advice, as to what I should do to actually leave my body, I can't hear the Astral Sound very loud, but enough to block out house rumblings and such (Heater/creaks/Faucets) Lastnight I thought I felt a vibration, that was inward, outward, and not really a direction, but a pulse. Any insight?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This thread inspired me to try to reach a conscious OOBE myself and I'm still confused...

The first time I tried I felt the "vibrations", but nothing more. I figured it was beginner's luck or something, since I've read about people trying several times without reaching the vibration stage.

The second time I tried I could actually feel myself leaving my body and floating right above my physical body. Unfortunatly, I freaked out, so the experience only lasted a couple of seconds before I went back into my body...feeling dizzy and having a slight headache I couldn't belive that it happened on my second attempt.

So, my questions is...was it really an OOBE or was it just my imagination playing tricks on me? It felt so real that I highly doubt it was just my imagination. And if it was an OOBE, what do think could be the reason I somewhat succeeded on my second attempt when I've read about people trying for ages without reahing an OOBE?

Thanks

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Grand Alchemist]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
RiverGoddess, Ive read just about all your posts about OBEs and notice that you mention your always blind. Are you completely blind or are you able to see slightly because usualy when I have an OBE I can see allthough its not clear and a little blured.. the closest think to compare it with is, its like looking through a thin piece of cloth or something. I notice people say things are as clear as they are when awake but thats never the case when I have them.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Alchemist
This thread inspired me to try to reach a conscious OOBE myself and I'm still confused...

The first time I tried I felt the "vibrations", but nothing more. I figured it was beginner's luck or something, since I've read about people trying several times without reaching the vibration stage.

The second time I tried I could actually feel myself leaving my body and floating right above my physical body. Unfortunatly, I freaked out, so the experience only lasted a couple of seconds before I went back into my body...feeling dizzy and having a slight headache I couldn't belive that it happened on my second attempt.

So, my questions is...was it really an OOBE or was it just my imagination playing tricks on me? It felt so real that I highly doubt it was just my imagination. And if it was an OOBE, what do think could be the reason I somewhat succeeded on my second attempt when I've read about people trying for ages without reahing an OOBE?

Thanks

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Grand Alchemist]

There are naturalists, that just get the hang of it very quickly. It's really whatever your intincts tell you it is. Of course, someone that doesn't know of OBE's wouldn't know it is one. But if you're pretty sure it was, then it most likely was. The only thing that some people could confuse an OBE with is a Lucid Dream. The realistic feeling, from what I've read about OBE's, are genuine to that of our waking reality. You're just a Natural. And there are more things than this thread that explain about OBE's, and if you can continue inducing OBE's almost at will, I would suggest looking into it more deeply. Seeing what's possible. If you have anymore, PLleeaasseeee Post about them. I know alot of people want to read about anyone's OBE experiences.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokasion

There are naturalists, that just get the hang of it very quickly. It's really whatever your intincts tell you it is. Of course, someone that doesn't know of OBE's wouldn't know it is one. But if you're pretty sure it was, then it most likely was. The only thing that some people could confuse an OBE with is a Lucid Dream. The realistic feeling, from what I've read about OBE's, are genuine to that of our waking reality. You're just a Natural. And there are more things than this thread that explain about OBE's, and if you can continue inducing OBE's almost at will, I would suggest looking into it more deeply. Seeing what's possible. If you have anymore, PLleeaasseeee Post about them. I know alot of people want to read about anyone's OBE experiences.

Ok, thank you, I guess I'm lucky then
I promise I'll post about my experiences as soon as I have any

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I know alot of people want to read about anyone's OBE experiences.

Does that include failed attempts?

Here are some questions I have:

1. Does masturbation affect the ability?
  2. Is physical tiredness from rigorous sport the same type of tiredness required?
  3. When you re-enter your body, will you've felt regenerated like a good night's sleep?
  4. Does being clean help?
  5. Does a glass of milk actually help you to relax?

[edit on 22-12-2005 by mashup]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm going kind of short here, because I already typed a whole explination, then pressed the back button, and when I refreshed, nothing I typed was here.

2. Is physical tiredness from rigorous sport the same type of tiredness required?
  3. When you re-enter your body, will you've felt regenerated like a good night's sleep?

HAHAHAHAHHAHA! Hahahaahaahahhah! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahah -Gasp- Ha...

I don't see why Masturbation would effect the ability.

Fatigue and 'Sleepyness' aren't really the same thing. I don't think. You're body has a way of rejuvinating itself, after exercise, I'm sure. But an OBE shouldn't require you to be Tired at all. It should just require Will, and meditation. If Exercise helps you to fall asleep (Which can be manipulated to induce Meditative states) aslong as you can control your thoughts, It should be all good.

I don't know about the Regenerating feeling, like you just slept. I think your body would feel that way. But your mind might believe otherwise. I don't know because I haven't had one. But it would feel to me like I haven't slept, I'm sure. But the Tiredness would probably not be there. Maybe just timewise.

Being clean makes you feel comfortable, but some people just don't care. Sounding like a parent here, I go at lengths to say, having a clean room will make you feel more comfortable when you're resting. I don't know if it has to do with the environment it creates. Or not having to worry about cleaning anymore. -Shrug.-

Glass of Milk. Tea and honey. Alot of things.. I used to drink coffee when i was really tired, and young. It would put me to sleep after only a short hyperactive state.. Because I'm very hyperactive. I stopped doing the Coffee thing, because I gave me nightmare for some reason. I have a whole bunch of Nightmares I could post about from my childhoos. But I find the Melitonin works the best. It doesn't make you tired really. But it helps when you don't want to fidget. You just don't feel the need to move.

[edit on 22/12/05 by Kokasion]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Found out how to Edit

[edit on 22/12/05 by Kokasion]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Hello mashup,

I know your questions weren't directed at me, but I hope you don't mind me trying to answer them

Does masturbation affect the ability?

Definitely.

Abstaining from it completely should make achieving a conscious and long astral projection much easier.

Is physical tiredness from rigorous sport the same type of tiredness required?

No, a small walk at the end of the day to relax the muscles would help, but rigorous excercises, if anything, would hinder the ability.

When you re-enter your body, will you've felt regenerated like a good night's sleep?

Yes, the only thing that's changed is that you're no longer living a fantasy the whole night.

Does being clean help?

Most likely. I've never done trial and error tests to see

Does a glass of milk actually help you to relax?

Try it! (I've never done so.)

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Abstaining from it completely should make achieving a conscious and long astral projection much easier.

ARGH!!!!

Well now I know what my New Year thingy will be. I have some more questions (sorry
)

Is the lying north to south bit vital?
Should you just lie there straight or can you be in your normal sleeping position?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well now I know what my New Year thingy will be. I have some more questions (sorry
)

Good luck and no problem

Is the lying north to south bit vital?

I'm naturally lying on my bed North to South (with the head pointing North) so I haven't done trial and error to see what difference it makes. If it is not too much trouble to lie like that then do it, if it is then don't. I think it's a minute thing compared to concentration etc...

Should you just lie there straight or can you be in your normal sleeping position?

Once again this is a personal choice. It is usually recommended to choose a position in which you will not fall asleep easily. For this reason lying down straight is recommended since most people have more trouble falling asleep in that position. If you are in a position in which you know you will fall asleep quite quickly, then I suggest you change to avoid losing concentration and falling asleep unconsciously.

Thanks

Thank you.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well it has been a while since I've last posted on these boards, but here I am once more mwahahah. Ok now to be serious and reply to as much as possible of the happens that occured since midway page 21.

Many people are still doubting if OBE is real or not and thus they would like proof, a little experiment. There have been done several researches to OBE, some Robert Monroe and the likes were a part of those. Currently there is research being conducted to this phenomena in Manchester. I'd like to be a part of such experiments, however I doubt I'd be of much use. My sight is not one that sees physical objects, but only energies. When I say how many "people" are in someones house it automatically includes ghosts and other entities as well. With the energetic sight it makes it difficult for me to distuingish the living and the astral lifeforms.

The only true way to get proof is to just experience it yourself. But do not mistake Lucid Dreaming or Inward Mind Projection, Remote Viewing as being Astral Projecting. Do you have any idea how much time it consumes out of my daily life, having to proof everyone that asks...individually? I stopped doing that, because I simply got no life left if I kept doing that.

You can go into the future, however that means understanding how the future works. The future is not really set in stone. Each action, thought etc sends out energy. These energies create new possibilities and new possible futures. The decisions you make in your daily life is what determines which future you enter and which ones you do not. This is also why using devination techniques can't predict futures, they can only give you insight into the many possible futures. /with the new information gained you can then decide whether the future you seen was one you like. Else you make another decision and just enter a different future.

You could get betting results, but why? I personally see no use for it, because the material need is not within myself. That what I need is provided when I actually need it. Certain needs and greeds actually limit ability to read, understand and manipulate certain energies...use of gift. You won't really get sick, or feel weak...you'll just be unable to do it. However if you keep pushing you will form a barrier and cut yourself of from such energies. This is when you do get ill...aches and diarea most likely.

Originally posted by zenlover28
Hmmm...interesting thread. I have astrally travelled, but it's odd that my experiences are completely different than most of yours. It was a creation of my own mind. It wasn't like I was actually travelling to the moon and stars. It was like I was in a world of my own creation and actually getting to experience it at the same time. I even saw a dead uncle, but realized I created him too.

That is possible. As I mentioned earlier there are different types of OBE experiences and states. You probably experienced Lucid Dreaming or an Inward Projection of your mind. Still...those happen on the Astral Plains as well. Only in a personal location in which you can create what you want, but are not conciously aware of how to get out of that own made reality. It does however clearly show the expanding of your conciousness. Getting more aware of the capabilities. You'll get where you want to be in due time

TRG perhaps you should stop on focusing on what you hear or see and start to feel. Your emotions and intuition is your navigational system, not your eyes or ears or touch. As for the eye sight I'd suggest several 3rd eye chakra excercises, which there are many of. Simply Google and use the methods you will find.

Originally posted by kiliker30
while tryin to oobe a few times i do end up out of no where waking up as if i fell asleep...but i feel my body vibrating as if i left and had no idea about it...i mean its possible that i did fall asleep..but i do not remember a thing at all..just blank...and a rush kind of feeling after...did i have an oobe or not..or like you said River...was i just blind and def?~Kiliker

People have OBE's more often then they are aware of. Due to lack of being concious of what they are doing they give little to no second thought about it. Conciousness starts with being aware of every minor thought in your head. How many people are? Most people just react according to pre-programmed reactions most of the time. Automatic reactions/decisions of whether to go left or right. It's basic, but it does give you an idea. You might've had an OBE and due to not being able to remember you are unsure if you had it or not. There is also the possibility you didn't have an OBE, difficult for me to say seeing I wasn't there with you at the time.

The fear and dangers of OBE is something which I adressed. It is the first long post on page 20. It also contains other usefull information about Astral Projecting. Something nice for the "new" posters in here.

TRG you speak of beings and a party and music. Were these people humans or more energetic beings?

Kingalbrect79 your list is pretty complete. I'd suggest trying to have a healthy/balanced diet for a period in time as well. Drink lots of water and follow healthy ways of eating, which can be found in almost any fitness magazine these days. The reason for this is to make sure your body has little to no toxics like fats and sugars in abundance. This means less obstacles and more chance of succes. Also try to have regular excercise to have a fit and disciplined body. And clean your chakra's, balance them more. The rest of your list are good guidelines.

When you first get out try to just experience, walk around and stuff. Don't plan to go anywhere and just enjoy it. After a while you can go to certain places, the Akashic Chronicles is indeed THE place to be. It contains a lot of information and directions which you can use to grow in knowledge.

For more information, not 100% accurate but close nonetheless, I'd suggest you get the following book www.insight-books.com... There is also a topic on these boards which can be found www.abovetopsecret.com... However I feel that 90% in there is #

To hear things I can't help you. In order to see you need to awake/open/develop your third eye. It is the chakra on your forehead basically. There are various techniques to open it. I personally visualise it as a lotus flower in bloom which opens up and then I take regularly walks through nature, which motivates the third eye more.

@kokasion. It is always best to try small and grow from there. Lucid Dreaming is widely accepted as the basic technique. When you dream you will automatically OBE to your personal dream realm so the speak. Once your awareness has grown you can take control over your dream realm and induce Lucid Dreaming. After that you need to learn how to remember and see difference in realities and such.

It is possible to move from meditation, dreaming, lucid dreaming into an full out Astral Projection. After all in all previous mentioned situations you're already out of your body to begin with. All that is left is to gain the conciousness needed and the technique. It takes time and practice, some learn faster then others. Don't let this discourage you and keep on trying.

And yes you can move back and forth quite easily once you got used to it.

@mytym. There is an easier way to determine whether you are dreaming or not. Take a symbol in your mind and remember it well. Once you see that symbol in your dream you know that you're dreaming. Texts and lights usually are scrambled in dreams as well.

Lucid dreaming is a relatively easy state to obtain. First you start by learning to remember your usual dreams. Start a dream diary or something. This diary can be immeadiately used as well to diagnose the symbolic messages of your subconcious during the dreams. After you learned and are able to remember your dreams it becomes time to expens your awareness even further. Once you're dreaming you will have to understand that you are dreaming. This can be done by taking in symbols, trying to swtich lights that never work in dreams, read texts which are always scrambled etc etc. After a while when you know you are dreaming you are already partially Lucid. The last step is to use your will and try to levitate yourself within the dream. From there you can try to use your will and adjust the dreams and your actions as you see fit. You'll become the director of your own movie so the speak.

Does it help if you're in the state of being so tired and about to fall asleep that you start thinking of completely random thoughts?

(As in help you have to have an OOBE)

Also, could the feeling when you wake up and feel as if you've just landed from a fall have something to do with it?

When you fall asleep your thoughts will indeed start to ramble. This is something that occurs often to people who are not fully concious and in contrtol of their own thoughts. I gave an excample prior about people who have automatic responses and aren't fully aware of each individual thought. This can indeed cause illusions and hallucinations. If you're in control/trained you can shut the thoughts you don't need off. Kill em before they appear hehe.

The falling down feeling in a dream has a symbolic meaning to it most of the time. When you experience such a feeling just before waking up, or coming back into your body after a concious OBE then yes it is because you re-entered to fast. Usually this feeling is then accompanied by a slight dizzyness.

I know alot of people want to read about anyone's OBE experiences.

Does that include failed attempts?

Sex is an important thing in life, so don't do it casually nor stop doing it al together. With sex you can actually train your senses. The simplest touch on your body...the heartbeat of your partnet. All those little things which you nomally take for granted can be given time and attention. It also releases quite a lot of energy which can be used for grreat intense pleasure if used right.

Physicall tiredness is not required. Zen monks and other martial artists in the past trained hard. I try hard at times. Don't see anything wrong with it. Just make sure your mind and body are at all times in tip top condition and clean of toxics and polution, which come in many shapes. Make sure to have both your mind and body relaxed at the time you want to OBE.

You won't feel refreshed when you come back. At times I OBE all night long and trust me....you'll feel mentally drained at the end and be like a zombie rest of the day. As if you partied all night long hehe. Your body will be very relaxed however.

Clean always helps, see a previous point.

Warm milk...well...whatever works for you to relax. Varies per person. I rather listen to heavy metal to relax.

Laying nort-south is not a pre-requisite. It can however be helpfull. The most important is to be in a position which you find most comfortable.

The rest can be read from my long post on page 20. Can't say it enough...why? Because it safes me typing hehe

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well last night when I tried, I had some kind of spasms and didn't quite reach the astral plane. Are the spasms wrong or good?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Spasms are the resistance against leaving the body.
you can see them any way you want.

good - you know you're getting close
wrong - you face some sort of blockade that is making it difficult for you to leave

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Cheers, also my body would start to situp and I wasn't sure if that was my astral body leaving my physical body.

Right, now I just need to practice. Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Might have some more questions later on.

Could it possibly be that I'm not relaxed enough? Because my abs (well what would be my abs) keep tensing up and making me try to sit up.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by mashup]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join