It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i got a question for ya Enyalius...do i have to visualize that im connected to a Silver cord? i mean i doubt it happening but will i just come out forever so to speak if i dont...and is better that i visualize a place to go to then if i dont?...i heard its bad if you dont...please Enlight me
~Kiliker

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I wonder where you heard that. The Silver Cord is the "line" that connects your soul to your body. It's not really a line, because it's thicker and wider then a regular line that you visualise. It's always there as well, if it isn't you wouldn't be here to begin with. So you don't have to visualise it, because it is there and you don't have to create it anew.

The only times this Cord wil vanish is when it is actually cut. This is something that does not happen often. The most common times that this happens is when you're out of your body for too long, such as a comatose patient. The soul and body are getting distant from each other and the Cord will slowly vanish, making it more difficult for your soul to come back to your body. There is also a way to "cut" it, but seeing this is a vary rare occurance Im not going into that. It would only, needlessly, frighten people. The easiest, best way, to "fix" the Cord is to get back into your body A.S.A.P. and don't AP for a few days.

I don't really understand the second sentence of your question. You can always get out if you don't? Don't do what? Like I said you don't have to visualize the Cord and you can get out of your body to AP like you'd normally do. So if you could re-phrase the second part of the question...English isn't my first language after all

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think what he means by getting out is getting out of 'the astral planes'.

I don't think it's something to worry about, like I said I've never succeeded either but from what I've learned from reading up on AP you're in a totally safe place. The only thing that might happen is that someone disturbs your session (someone driving by in a car, unexpected loud noise) at wich point you'll just snap out of it, like you loose concentration. Nothing else.

I hear crazy stories about demons or getting lost somehow but I take them with a grain of salt.

Don't think so much about your soul leaving it's physical body but rather learning how to use a new sense. Everything is connected so you don't need to travel to be aware of it. The problem lies in mastering the skill to tune your consciousness to this awareness, not in the adverse effects of it.

Would love to hear from someone who has actually succeeded though.

edit: I've also heared that only a percentage of people actually see the cord, some never get to see it, so I wouldn't worry if it isn't there

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Shroomery]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If that is what he ment then getting out of the "Astral Plains" can simply be done by simply wanting to come back. People also refer to this as the "coming home wish". You simply concentrate/wish on coming back. It's quite simple.

In general the Astral Plains is indeed safe and little to nothing can happen, unless you allow it and are weak in mind. Taking it with a grain of salt is indeed a good thing, but don't shut out the dangers completely. They are still there, even though it's a small chance it is still a chance. Demons are nothing more then entities that you percieve as negative. Some entity that you judge by your own moral/ethical standards. This is why evil and good does not excist and is only in the eye of the beholder.

If something occurs that you feel uncomfertable with you can "move" yourself. Create a surrounding that you do feel comfortable with.

It's true that at early stages people can lose focus by loud sudden noise, such as a car that passes by. But eventually this shouldn't bother you and you should be able to "split yourself" even while walking in the city while shopping, where there are many sounds and people. One part will be astral and one part will still be in control of your body. Very handy when you have certain business to attent to.

So it is true that you don't actually leave your body when having an OBE. In fact your soul isn't even completely incarnated in 1 body to begin with. One part is here and another in the "after life" ergo Astral Plains. One part is you, the other part is referred to by many names including the "Higher Self". It's important, I feel, to get re-aquinted with your other "pure" half.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The fact that you can just shoot right back into your body while you are supposedly flying thousands of miles away through the stars is something that makes me think it all really is just a figment of your imagination within your own mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
or distance is just something that the mind perceives to get through the day??

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ok...first off thanks all for the info i appreciate it...and second...what i ment was..is it better to visualize a certain setting...such as a garden filled with flowers and a pond sort of thing..is it better to do that then just come out and be next to your physical body?..when you visualize a place such as that one..will you appear in that place of yours when you come out? or do you have to do it when you are already out?just wanted to know which was a better off way to have an OOBE~kiliker

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
The fact that you can just shoot right back into your body while you are supposedly flying thousands of miles away through the stars is something that makes me think it all really is just a figment of your imagination within your own mind.

From a logical and scientific stand point you'd be correct. However time and distance does not work as science thinks it does. When you're in your energetic form time and distance does not excist. You can be at the end of this Milky Way within a few seconds. It comes close to "teleportation", in some cases it actually is just that...teleporting from one point to another.

I've briefly visited TRG a week or so ago while we were chatting. I live in the Netherlands and she lives in America. Quite a distance, which normally would take half a day by an airplane to get there.

Originally posted by kiliker30
ok...first off thanks all for the info i appreciate it...and second...what i ment was..is it better to visualize a certain setting...such as a garden filled with flowers and a pond sort of thing..is it better to do that then just come out and be next to your physical body?..when you visualize a place such as that one..will you appear in that place of yours when you come out? or do you have to do it when you are already out?just wanted to know which was a better off way to have an OOBE~kiliker

It's not better, it's not worse, it's just a way to do it. If you feel that this method is better for you then use it. People who meditate or sleep do this as well. They leave their body either to their "dream surroundings" or to the area they made with the meditative surroundings. You can go to that straight away. So you don't have to OBE first and then "travel" towards it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Lets do a little experiment. Can you seek me out, come to my house and describe what I look like, what the house looks like, where I live, who else lives here etc...

Im not saying I dont believe I just think it would be interesting and nobody could disregard it if you could tell me these details.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This OBE thing gets me thinking. If you can go into the future with your astral body, then in theory you could travel a few weeks ahead and go to the bookies to see what horses win the race then come back to your body and place the bet.

Thats just one example, I can think of endless things one can do with the ability to astral travel,

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
If you can go into the future with your astral body, then in theory you could travel a few weeks ahead and go to the bookies to see what horses win the race then come back to your body and place the bet.

And this desire is the reason why certain people can't access these "powers"...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are you saying these intentions inhibit the process of leaving the body?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hmmm...interesting thread. I have astrally travelled, but it's odd that my experiences are completely different than most of yours. It was a creation of my own mind. It wasn't like I was actually travelling to the moon and stars. It was like I was in a world of my own creation and actually getting to experience it at the same time. I even saw a dead uncle, but realized I created him too.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
Are you saying these intentions inhibit the process of leaving the body?

Oh absolutlely 100 percent.......ANY desires to further your personal gain will negate the ability.....this ability comes to those who wish to serve and not to take.
In attempting to SEE such future things your physical body becomes week, you can get VERY ill from even thinking about attempting such. This is what I have been told anyway........and I KNOW folks who have gotten very close to being on a deathbed because of this very thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I was out and about again....going places and hearing things but blind to any visual......I so dislike flying blind
I could hear a woman speeking but coul not make out her words, and this was during the rushing sounds and I was still inside my body....I wondered IF she was telling me WHY I can't see? or warning me of something? I do not know......but I did pop out, and felt the motion of moving.....going who knows where
I stopped at a point, and a male voice was telling me things I could not make out....this makes me think I must be deaf over there to

I tell you, when I am first out I ask my guides for sight, for clear vision, nothing happens......I start feeling motion and say STOP I do not want to go places BLIND! but I keep moving......I then rather shout I DEMAND TO SEE! and nothing happens. I visualise myself as made of concrete to stop moving and deal with my surroundings and I keep flying......... THIS is what has been going on each time the last couple of months, for I get 'out' about every 5 days. Last night the male voice I was not quite hearing was speeking while I was flying blind......I was asking him to please help me to see, and it did not happen.
I became frusterated and wanted back and of course that ALWAYS happens. As soon as I want back BLAM I am back with all the sensation of a falling dream, BLAM back in my bed and wide awake..............wondering WHY, WHY am I blind???? and deaf now it seems
Makes for it hard to learn anything about my surroundings this way, and this whole thing is about learning the surroundings........it seems the only thing I have a choice about is if I want to go with the sound or not, and when to stop.
I wish somebody who CAN SEE and HEAR would come and fly with me and give me some pointers how to be able to control this experiance better. I am having alot of difficulty flying blind on my own............................................................................just sayin.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
It was a creation of my own mind. It wasn't like I was actually travelling to the moon and stars. It was like I was in a world of my own creation and actually getting to experience it at the same time. I even saw a dead uncle, but realized I created him too.

Conscious control of dreams is called lucid dreaming. When you say "astral travel" are you referring to lucid dreaming? If so, why don't you use the label "lucid dream"? I understand that you may not see a difference between the concepts that the two labels describe, but since others do, saying lucid dreaming would get your ideas across a wider audience.

I think in this thread the word astral travel is referring to the phenomena whereby a person can objectively experience the astral, and not a dream.

All the best,
Akashic

[edit on 13/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
man oh man...I WISH I could just 'imagine' how I wanted this to be...
no way no how. It IS what it IS, and the experiance of it sure is not something I can CHOOSE the outcome of. If this was so....I would NOT be blinded, or semi deaf, or directionless.....I would see all hear all and go to the places I CHOOSE to go to instead of helplessly flying through space or stuck on the roof of the local 7-11..................
To be VERY CLEAR....this is NOT happening to me while sleeping or even meditating, I am FULLY CONCIOUS and AWARE.......just very relaxed is all, and I am always laying down. It has not happened from a sitting position yet. I have no control over where I go or what enviroment I experiance.......if I could I would, and I am trying......begging for insight from all you WWW folks.....

My power of lucid dreaming is as strong as can be...I can create the surrounding, people it with whom I choose ect.

Carlos Castinada said...."the people in your dreams are SO REAL they have thoughts of there own"...............and this certainly gives one pause for thought eh? Talk about CREATING YOUR OWN REALITY.................

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LOL...well golly gee I thought I was out of my body. Thanks for informing me that I was NOT! LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
id want to be yanked out... help me too
?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
while tryin to oobe a few times i do end up out of no where waking up as if i fell asleep...but i feel my body vibrating as if i left and had no idea about it...i mean its possible that i did fall asleep..but i do not remember a thing at all..just blank...and a rush kind of feeling after...did i have an oobe or not..or like you said River...was i just blind and def?~Kiliker

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
well i was trying last night, but my body just started vibrating, and muscles twitching. but thats it, its never happened before so it was kind of weird

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join