It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, from what I've read and experienced myself, a racing heart is very normal.
It happens to me almost every time, and yes I think it's somehow connected to fear of the unknown. Again, in my experience, the "side-effects" will go away if you keep practicing and become familiar with all the new sensations.

Whenever things happen(ed) like this, I like to change my goal of getting out of my body to understanding the feeling or sensation, then moving on.
If you ever feel it is an unhealthy thing that is happening, stop what you're doing. No need to get hurt over this. Try again another day and see if the rushes diminish. Don't expect any wonders though cause it's been bugging me for a while too

EDIT: You might wanna try running a few blocks or doing some exercises before you start projecting or meditating. It will energize and relax the body at the same time.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Shroomery]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the info..i think ill try and practice getting there (the state of mind) but ill feel alot better with someones guidence when i take that leap into what as i percieve at the moment "the unkown" i have yet to understand what its like..and await its arrival with
open arms..anyone elses comments on this will be very much appreciated
thanks so much! ~Kiliker

[edit on 11/7/2005 by kiliker30]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
RiverGoddess I have an idea for an expirement you should try. You claim your cat acknowledges your astral form when you fly around your house right? Well why not setup a video camera pointed at the area where the cat is most likely to be seen reacting to you flying around. The end result should be a video of your cat looking up and paying attention to something that doesn't seem to be there. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't try this, I would love to see the video.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ive thought of that to Sick.....I do not have a vid camera though, and am never sure WHEN I will actually get out. It happens more often when I don't try to.....so its a turkey shoot to coin an old phrase.

So I got some QUESTIONS conserning this thread via u2u....and thought I would bring them to the thread for answering.

Questions follow: My answers in parenthasis ( )

1. What do you think will happen in the year 2012? As an astral traveler, do you have any insight on this? Is there a general idea of what will happen among all of you astral travelers?

( so far I have gotton NOTHING futuristic from my OOBE experiances. Personally I tend to BELIEVE the Mayan Calander and think the world as we know it will be changed completely, or end.)

2. Have you ever heard of the sherman ranch in Utah? But basically it has had every single paranormal occurence you can think of happen there. If you are interested in more info i can grab some up for you. But I was just curious if you have ever traveled there to see what was going on? I have heard about everything from portholes, to ghosts, shadow people, ufos, cow mutalations, ice circles.. etc.

(YES I have heard of this place, and the MUFON groups here in Utah discuss it at length. I have never been there but know about where it is. What I know of it I have read on the net and it creeps me out a bit and have NO PLANS to go up there intentionally.)

3. UFOs... From what i have read, there are a ton of them flying around the earth... what are the triangle ufos? what kind are the most common? any idea why they are observing us? Do they mean us harm?

(Personally I have not seen a black triangle craft. During OOBE however the enormous AMOUNT of crafts surrounding planet Earth is astonishing! SO MANY space travelers watching its freeky!!!)

4. I have not really read much on how to OOBE for myself, but i have the general idea. Sometimes when i sit and concentrate i can almost feel like i am starting to do this VERY quickly, and it almost sounds like i am underwater (best way i can describe it)... I know for most people it takes practice, but is it possible for some people to just grab on to it real quick? Because I almost feel as if i can do it without really really trying.

(Yes some folks are naturals and it can happen in a blink. From your description it DOES sound like your one of these people)

Thanks agian for taking the time to do this. I will leave the questions at that for now since they are quite long

(No probs ask away.....I will do my best to give coherant answers
I hope I helped somehow )

[edit on 10-11-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Got any tips for getting out of the body? I've been trying for a long time with no luck. Im pretty good at manipulating my sleep process, I can hold myself in the border between wake and sleep but I cant master the vibrational process.

My uncle tells me he can do it while he's asleep, he says he flies to his old city Tehran and says everything is as it should be and he visits people there that verify his experiences when he talks to them over the phone.

I've tried to do this during lucid dreams but im still learning how to maintain the lucidity.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wait a minute, are you saying after you asked people on ATS to come to you astrally and pull you out of your body thats what happened???

In that case i'll give an astral $100 to anyone that comes and yanks me out of my body. Seriously if anyone has the power to find me and pull me out of my body id really appreciate it. I'll send them a cheque or something in return.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i was trying to AP last night...it's weird because i can get my body to the numb electric feeling within less than a minute...but everytime i feel the overwhelming rush and the noises i back out...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What makes you back out, is it fear or do the noises just irratate you or what? I know sometimes when im on the borderline between wake and sleep, I hear an irratating ringing sound in my ears and sometimes when im sinking into sleep im overcome with fear for no logical reason. The fear part doesnt happen to me anymore but I think the ringing sound is a natural part of passing from wake to sleep.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToxicDelirium
What makes you back out, is it fear or do the noises just irratate you or what? I know sometimes when im on the borderline between wake and sleep, I hear an irratating ringing sound in my ears and sometimes when im sinking into sleep im overcome with fear for no logical reason. The fear part doesnt happen to me anymore but I think the ringing sound is a natural part of passing from wake to sleep.

i'm pretty sure it's fear...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
i was trying to AP last night...it's weird because i can get my body to the numb electric feeling within less than a minute...but everytime i feel the overwhelming rush and the noises i back out...

Embrace the rushing noise...~KNOW YOU ARE SAFE~......know this IS the doorway, and by embracing the noise and allowing it to overwhelm you opens the door. Being on the verge of any unknown is ALWAYS scarey....remeber you 1st roller coaster ride? Once it was over you felt relief but exillerated at the rush. OOBE is much like that, a very scarey unknown event, but once it happens for you it becomes not so unknown. What your describing sounds like you are right AT the door, I hope I can encourage you to take the step and go with the sound, let it overpower you and give yourself to it, once your out the sound is gone....and you will better be able to recognise the sound as an invitation.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToxicDelirium
Wait a minute, are you saying after you asked people on ATS to come to you astrally and pull you out of your body thats what happened???

Yes this is exactly what happened. Crazy as it sounds it the truth.
I learned once you experiance OOBE it comes to you again and again, once you go through this doorway it remains open to you, but you can not always CHOOSE the time....it chooses you instead.

There is NO possible way for me to properly express my gratitude for being given such an amazing gift. I am lucky indeed and know truly know this. How was I to actually THINK making a post as I did would lead to sucj amazing adventures? I had HOPE of course......and I can NEVER thank my guide enough in this lifetime. There is no way to REALLY describe the enormity of my gratefullness that ATS exists.......and through this site I recieved such a boon!

Sincerelly TheRiverGoddess

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yes this is exactly what happened. Crazy as it sounds it the truth.

Do you know what ATS member did it? If what your sayings true it gives me lots of ideas. Have you learned to leave your body at will now? If so can you seek out and find anyone on this message board? If so do you think you have the ability to pull other people out of their bodies?

If one could pull people out of their bodies, one could prove it to the world and even start a business out of it. 20 dollars and not only will I pull you out of your body so you can experience a different dimension, I'll give you the ability to leave your body and travel the world, space travel and even time travel. People would be pretty skeptical until I proved it to them.

I learned once you experiance OOBE it comes to you again and again, once you go through this doorway it remains open to you, but you can not always CHOOSE the time....it chooses you instead.

Thats how it is, once you experience, you realize you can do it again. Its a bit like lucid dreaming, once you have one you start thinking about it while your dreaming and you start having more and more lucid dreams. The same goes for flying in dreams. I never flew in my dreams up until a few months ago and since then I find myself flying all the time in dreams, I can also move through physical objects.

There is NO possible way for me to properly express my gratitude for being given such an amazing gift. I am lucky indeed and know truly know this. How was I to actually THINK making a post as I did would lead to sucj amazing adventures? I had HOPE of course......and I can NEVER thank my guide enough in this lifetime. There is no way to REALLY describe the enormity of my gratefullness that ATS exists.......and through this site I recieved such a boon!

Theres nothing I could possibly do to thank somebody enough for teaching me something like that. A gift like that is priceless. Now that you have the gift are you willing to pass it on to other people?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I recently had an OBE experience that I just had to share with SOMEBODY. I did a little searching on Google.. and it led me here. I tried to read through everyones posts, but gave up on page 16 =/ ...In regards to my experience, I'll attempt to give as much detail as possible.

I had just gotten home from a 3 hour lecture at the university and had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before. Suffice to say I was on the verge of passing out. When I did finally fall asleep, I had very vivid dreams, but nothing that I hadn't experienced before. I woke up a few hours later to get a drink of water and goto the bathroom, then tried to go back to sleep. I entered into a kind of semi-sleep and if any of you have taken a 1+ hour nap, woken up, then tried to get back to sleep again, you'll know what I'm trying to describe. You don't "crave" sleep anymore, you just yearn for the feeling of being asleep again (I hope that makes sense). Anyways, at this point, I started visualizing things. I call it visualizing because I remember being concious of my thoughts at the time. I was trying to visualize some of the things I dreamt about previously to maybe trick my brain into putting me back to sleep. I think doing this somehow induced some type of lucid dream. I dreamt that I was at the university parking lot (though at this point I still thought I was just visualizing because I remember having conscious control), and somehow a thought popped into my my mind like, "I bet I can fly." or "Lets do some flying." ...its somewhat hard to translate a pure thought into words, but you get the point. Then, all of sudden, I am in my car, speeding towards a conrete partition in the middle of the road. This part gets a little blurry, as all portions of a dream that make no sense seem to be. I was launched into the sky, the car had disappeared, and I saw a huge full moon from above the tree tops. During this there was a very loud "whooshing" sound. It sounded like when you hear a car in the distance driving fast through a wet road. It had a tearing, wind-like quality to it. At first I thought that that is exactly what it must be, since it was raining outside. But then I realized it was much too loud to be just that, unless the car had driven right across my head. At this point, I was just hovering a bit and feeling vertigo. All I remember thinking at the time was, "Whoa". Then, as you would expect, I started getting excited, which I think boosted my heart rate and started bringing me out of the dream. Everything started to fade, so I tried to relax myself again. But the dream was gone, and I was aware of being back in my room and on my bed. At first I didn't notice anything, but then I realized that my legs seemed to be floating a couple inches ABOVE the bed. I believed it was happening physically because it felt 100% real, yet there was no strain in my legs. Come to think of it, I dont think I even HAD legs, it just left like the bottom half of my body was floating. Then, my body began rising even more. Every part of my body was rising, except my head (it seemed like my body was pivoting upwards on it). I rose all the way up until I was basically doing a head-stand on the bed. For some strange reason my head felt slightly heavier then the rest of me. It was like some sort of anchor. I guess it would be analogous to tying a small pebble to a string thats attached to a balloon that wants to float away. I felt SOO close to floating away. I got slightly excited at this thought and felt myself starting to fall. So I cleared my mind and tried to rise again. I did rise up once more, but my head was still weighing me down. During all of this I still believed that this was really happening to my physical body due to how real it felt. I remember thinking what my mom would think if she came in and, instead of sleep-walking, saw me doing a sleep-head-stand. As you would expect, that bastard Mr. Excitement kicked in, and this time it overwhelmed me. I kind of "melted" back into my physically body. I felt my own weight again, and could feel my individual limbs, the texture of the blanket, etc etc. This when I realized my physical body hadn't moved an inch. I had "awoken", and my heart was beating like crazy like I had just been on a rollercoaster. I knew for sure that it was no simple dream, it felt completely authentic and the memory of didn't fade one bit. After I caught my breath, I jumped out of bed and bust out laughing.

And that is the conclusion of my little experience. I hope at least some of you found it insightful. My only regret is that I didn't have anyone to help me "yank" my head out.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
TRG perhaps I can assist in answering questions and remove the load a bit?

@Rambles. Read back from page 20. Perhaps you'll find the answer that you seek in there.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

Maybe we should direct people to your thread for Q&A? This topic is getting pretty long and hard to follow. It would be nice to have one for AP help and one for relating experiences.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Uhm...actually I don't have a thread running. But the rest of the idea is good.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Doh!! Boy am I embarrassed. For some reason I got you confused with Glennage. I saw you giving so much advice in this thread that I associated you with the other. Sorry about the confusion.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

Oh TOTALLY Enyalius....no real need to make a new thread when you can just share your wisdom here.......I TRY and answer questions as best I can but from this thread you can SEE I am fairly new to all this and am a seeker of knowledge myself. As I have said before... I LOVE YOU ON THIS THREAD so please feel free to be at home here......

(this thread is seriously googled from all over the world)
Your information is valuable and welcomed!

I was ACTUALLY approached by a woman in a meditation group I am part of...and she started to tell me about this thread, and about TheRiverGoddess....she was amazed when i told her this was actually me lololol.......I had to let her come to my house and show her my computor and take her for an ATS tour for her to BELIEVE it was actually me..........funny thing to have happen.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Embrace the rushing noise...~KNOW YOU ARE SAFE~......know this IS the doorway, and by embracing the noise and allowing it to overwhelm you opens the door.

This happens to me too. I think the more I do it the easier it will be to let the noise envelop me.

A question - as with lucid dreaming, if you do it often you tend to get quite tired upon waking, as one has not actually slept throughout the night. Is this the same with OOBE? Does doing it too much, wear you out?

Regards, Matt

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by under4orce

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Embrace the rushing noise...~KNOW YOU ARE SAFE~......know this IS the doorway, and by embracing the noise and allowing it to overwhelm you opens the door.

This happens to me too. I think the more I do it the easier it will be to let the noise envelop me.

A question - as with lucid dreaming, if you do it often you tend to get quite tired upon waking, as one has not actually slept throughout the night. Is this the same with OOBE? Does doing it too much, wear you out?

Regards, Matt

here is my answer

Do you get tired afterwards? This again is a personal thing. I feel drained if I do something with energy/magic and use my life's energy to accomplish the task. If I channel external energy to fulfill the task I feel a lot less tired. It is treu that intesive tasks can feel like a full body workout at times. You'll get used to it and find out for yourself what your limits are.

As an addition. Your body is resting, but your mind is still very much active. Seeing you use the brain throughout the day it needs rest as well. Else you'll have difficulties to concentrate on your daily life and might reacted more agitated then usual.

@TRG: A lot of people find it hard to believe I'm Enyalius on the internet. But seeing this name is a rare thing used on the net, and I'm active with several things including Games and such, they find it more acceptable then. Also met interesting people that way, including my current gf and a large group of people who were way ahead of me that time.

As for the questions. If they are too much or to complicated don't hesitate to forward them. You seem to have my U2U already

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join