It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerryMistressMarie
Has anyone had the experience of not being able to control your spirit 'body' while out of body?

oh YES MMM....BIG TIME....
I use this thread as my OOBE journell and everything that happens goes up here......I ask the other knowledgable and kind people questions and try to get help with the issues I am having. I have been calling myself BLIND during OOBE and DIRECTIONALLY RETARDED......my control is close to nill. With the help of dear people on this very thread I have learned to unblind myself, and now the task at hand is to gain a semblance of control on where I go. It Sounds like you gave up the quest at a point very much like I am at. I however will not give up. This is my major 'quest' in my life...this is such an amazing journey I believe it deserves my focus.To learn more about OOBE and gain insight and control over the experiance is my major goal. With the help of good people on this site I have high hopes that this CAN and WILL be done...........................truly ~AMAZING~ what one can find on the internet!

...I am not the only seeker on this thread, but this thread has also gained the attention of some very good teachers. I know its very LOOONG (oh my)but the added wisdom of others on this thread is amazingly insightfull....there is much to be learned here.......the best links, hints......its amazing how replete with knowledge on the subject this thread is packed with.....I think this is exactly WHY its so .....Looooooong....welcome to the quest

Please readers...do not let the size of this thread scare you.....the knowledge in the back pages is 'enormous'e and worth reading. Here you have a decent and FREE book on OOBE at your beck and call.......one where you can ask questions and find them answerd.......a seriously amazing thing if you know what I mean......if you ARE a ~true seeker~ of knowledge on this subject, take the time to read this thread, its easy to skip over things you do not need to know and absorb the amazing information freely offered within.

It is frusterating to have people jump in and ask questions allready answered.....to cover AGAIN, things gone over with a fine tooth comb.........if your truly interested in the subject, read the thread........get up to speed and join us in the quest for knowledge.

Tomarow is my birthday. I am turning 43.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Happy birthday Rivergoddess!

Yes this thread is very informative. I read the entire thing, and it's really amazing. I've been interested in astral travel for quite a while. Rivergoddess, I just have a couple questions about lucid dreaming if you don't mind. Do you consider it a prerequisite to astral projection? I have had a few that I can remember lately, but I can never gain full control. I am definately conscious, and I know that I'm dreaming and can control everything I do, but I can't control where the dream goes. Do you have any advice on this? I remember you had mentioned that you pretty much mastered lucid dreaming. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well Barc.......I have practiced lucid dreamming for 15 years and it never did seem to lead me into the astral. Many teachers and Masters do say this IS the way however. I am not the best eprson to answer this question because of how I got into the astral relm, from reading this thread you know I was physically helped along, and once the door was open it has remained open to me........so I would have to answer your question that it IS a way in, but I am unsure just how and others are better equipped to answer you and I will let them. Have patience for they will I am sure.

While being lucid...if I choose to change the dream I can, but I can not choose the theme......if I choose to remain in a currant theme I can change the charectors and decide whether they affect me or not.........if I am disliking the entire theme I can black out the dream....and then another will replace it but the themes come from elsewhere besides my councious choice. I hope you understand this lol....

And THANK YOU for the good birthday wishes!

[edit on 24-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Happy birthday to you RiverGoddess!

Your 43 years young that is awesome.

13 more years for me to go, with practice
maybe I will be at the level you are at today
with OOBE's. Seems to me as I get older the
ability becomes easier/clearer for me to
understand, Well back to more reading of
the older posts.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
HappyHappy Birthday to you River Goddess

Thanks for the information. I will go through and read the thread... it sounds like you have learned valuable information from these here kind folk!
~ Merry M.Marie

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
However far you travel towards it, the horizon is still as far away as ever. Zora Neale Hurston

And happy birthday River Goddess. 43 years, wow thats old. I'm a kid of just 41 myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Happy Birthday Rivergodess! (belated)

This thread is long but good-sometimes some of us find ourselves chit-chatting here on lucid dreaming etc, while awaiting some interesting experience from the goddess, or practical advice form those experienced... and generally just keeping it current.

it was one of my first threads (that I actually liked
) so I'm partial to hanging around here

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nice quote Blackguard
Ms. Hurston it grreat!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ya nice quote................

Here is my birthday today quote for you all...................and THANK YOU all for the kind birthday wishes!!

~~~~~~"If you could only love enough, you would be the most powerfull person in the world".......................*Emmett Fox* ~~~~~~

[edit on 25-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Happy Bday TRG

Just a few more pages and one more summary from me. But there aren't any new questions asked which haven't been asked prior to page 25 :O

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
yes but I can't re-read the first 25 pages evertime I have a question, and can't help I have a the mental retention of a sieve these days!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This Thread is still going!!!! THat's spectacular, lol, i think some reward should be considered lol

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey LTNS Vesuveus! Tell the people about YOUR experiances, I am sure they would love to know!

no 'birthday wish' of a grand OOBE for me...alas...

Last night while going to sleep the sound came but only one pulse.....I waited for the repeteing pattern but NOOOOOOOOOOOO I just has this one pulse and ended up going nowhere.

Earlier this week I decided it was time to go through the Robert Monroe books again for I have not read them since prior to the beginning of my personal adventure.
I am reading JOURNEYS OUT OF THE BODY and I wish I had picked it up the day this all started! Every question I have and problem I encounter is all written there.......fully explored by Mr Monroe to the best of his abilities. He was blind and had no control for the first couple of years ~MOST THE TIME~.............. He to learned to see by just asking to let it be so........he to encountered weird semi phychotic beings........he is attempting to EXPLAIN the Astral realm in its complexities in this book......this is just what I have needed and dangit if I did not have it all along......(DUH DUH TRG*slaps her forehead)
I am reading this with new eyes. Before it was the thought of how amazing this all could be, and now I am able to find the answers I am seeking and use his information to further my learning. I feel so much better about my own ventures now, for I am seeing that I am actually experiancing NORMALLY for someone at my level. Wow. I am carrying this book around and whenever I have a few minutes I am back in it soaking up this vast 'self help' book, that is exactly what I have been needing, and had all along. I give good advise and have just needed to heed my own words lol.......

He is calling projecting into the world we know as LOCATION#1........he refers to the Astral plane as LOCATION#2 and he also has discoverd a LOCATION#3 wich is a living world much like our own but NOT ours......it has a differant history and vastly differant techknowledgy. I have not seen this place that I consciously recall but things he describes I KNOW I have seen in dreams.......so now I wonder if they were not dreams at all........but since I am not positive I will stick with the dream hypothises for that feels 'safer' for me at this juncture.

Mr. Monroe is saying that if you breath through an open mouth and relaxed jaw....the vibration stage comes more readily. He suggests drinking plenty of water beforehand to try an avoid the dreaded dry mouth problem. What he describes as the VIBRATION....is the same thing I am calling the rushing sound.....it pulsates, inviting you inside of it.......fear chases it away.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
VERY weird physical 'happenings' going on in my place.....so I have gotten out of bed and come back online to write about this because....its.....strange...

Earlier I went to turn off the carport light and when I touched the switch the light blew out. Not THAT wierd I have issues with electrical things lol......but I turned the power to the switch off anyway making a mental note to change the bulb in the morning.
After checking in with this site and doing some internet surfing I was heading into the bathroom and when I turned on the hall light and it blew out as well. This IS pretty weird, for I had just changed this bulb about 8 days ago and put a new blue bulb in it, and NOW its blown out.......
I then finished up my projects on the computor and headed to bed to read more of JOURNEYS OUT OF THE BODY. I have a bedside lamp with a low wat bulb for night reading. When I turned it on I could hear a high whine eminating from the lamp and the bulb was pulsating quickly, dim and bright.....I found this odd, but just opened the book and read. My cat came and layed by me with its head on my shoulder and was sleeping, but suddenly startled, and was staring wide eyed into a corner by the door. I could see nothing and wondered at the cats reaction. It just kept stareing. Then the bedside lamp blew out, and I was in total darkness. The cat then started to hiss, and jumped off the bed...............

So I got up and turned on the main overhead light, and then came into the livingroom and turned the computor back on to document these 3 lights burning out within less then 40 mins from the 1st to the last.......and the behaviour of Poodle the cat, it just seems...strange, and I wonder what is next for me this night.
I have fetched a fresh bulb for the bedside lamp, and am going back in to read some more till I am feeling more sleepy.

Wish me luck this night, for SOMETHING is amiss......I am going to burn some sage as soon as I again log offline for the 2nd time tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hope you're still alive.

Didn't the Egyptians believe that cats had some special powers and could see spirits and other things?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
follow up (next morning) All is well....I put the new bulb in the bedside lamp and read till I got sleepy................lots of fun dreams, but no vibrational state or whooshing sound and no OOBE's............

(I wonder what was up last night? maybe I was just all pumped from going to see KING KONG and it was such a great show, I dunno)

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's so great to read about everyones experiences in the astral..
The first time I tried, I almost did it however pulled back because I was scared.
Now I can't reach that place anymore.. perhaps I am trying too hard.
Each time I try, I tend to go in the opposite direction than I am supposed to. I lay down, put my body to sleep and remain awake.. which is the easy part.
My mind is very aware and my body is very asleep... and nothing happens still..
So I get up, and I am awake as ever. I have trouble getting to sleep afterwards. Im not sure why this meditation is having the totally wrong effect on me?
I try to concerntrate on repeating a phrase to myself.. this helps in centring my thoughts.. however I just seem to be getting worse at the whole thing

Can anyone explain why it's so hard for me to get to sleep after I try this?

Regards,

Matt

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
oh dude.........the MORE energy I put into this the less I can sleep.......................the more meditation I put toward this end, the MORE exausted I am in the norm.......seriously. Sounds like your right there with me..................
........the harder I try, and the harder I focus the more it goes farther away....its when I give up and don't care, THEN the sounds come to me unbidden.........
.....I am aware my situastion is differant than most folks in 'how' this ability came to me, but I was told the more you desire something the more you push this away from you, for your very 'desire' is subconciously claiming you do not have this 'thing' hence your strong desire for it...........and what you 'believe' you allready have is allready with you............
...so in desireing something, you are subconciously saying you do not have the thing that you wish you did..................

Yes I know this is a hard thing to grasp, and I am working on this myself.......but in the big picture it ~IS~ making sense. Nobody DESPERATLY desires something allready they have........................so in the the wanting, your acknowledgeing your lack of to the universe...............get it??

I am still working on the complete understanding of this universal FACT.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, I always wonder when I read up about life after death, obes, ghosts etc.. whether or not it attracts spirits.. I can just picture them stood behind me wanting to just say 'there is life after death!' but instead they have to cause electrical items to malfunction because there unable to speak and its the easiest way to get our attention....

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
this is really bugging me out..i swear i believe im having them..especially when i sleep..becuase ill wake up feeling like i did..and sometimes ill try before i go to bed..and ill just wake up in the morning not knowing one thing at all just this feeling like i did...i remember just the other night i think the 27th the night right before my b-day..well acually like 4am on the 28th...i closed my eyes to go to sleep and almost instantly i saw black..but not a kind of black as if i was looking at my eyes closed..it almost looked like it had a sand paper texture to it and i felt myself rushing forward real fast and it was very intense...i woke myself up as fast as i passed out...i woke up not really breathing..like it felt like during this i had stopped breathing...at that moment..my g/f called me..and right before this i hung up with her saying goodnight..so this all happend very quickly..but she called me very concerned..she said,as she was watching t.v. the volume seemed as it lowered but it didnt..and she heard a very loud buzzing and low frequency sound...this has never happend before..wat would you call it? coincidence? i dont know if this was an oobe...but sure had me convinced.and it kinda freaked me out when she called me almost instantly after i woke ,up to tell me what some people would say would happen to them right before spychic events..i dont know but i wanted to change the subject though cuz talking about it 4 in the morning bugged me for some reason..PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME INSIGHT ON THIS!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!! ~Kiliker

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join