It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
BreakingNewsThe CDC says there will soon be U.S. fatalities from swine flu. (corr.)less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

they are trying to prepare people for the inevitable by the sounds of it

they wouldnt say it unless it was true because i guess they dont want panic

link   
reply to post by observer

It's already confirmed that this is spread from Human to Human, this happened within the first days of the story in Mexico.

Many being infected with it were not in direct contact with animals.

That's what this whole thing is about and why this is more worrying than H5N1 (Bird Flu) because that didn't make the jump to being passed from Human to Human, this did, within days of its discovery.

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
On BBC news the presenter is speaking to some talking head, some historian in medicine or something. But the presenter just asked, what does pandemic mean, how serious is it? Does it mean people will die? Then they were almost smiling! It isn't funny! Stop smiling!

I just saw a similar display on CNN. Here's the thing, you watch how fast the smiles are wiped of their damned faces once members of their family are exposed or contract the virus.

TV is filled with a bunch of stupid, uniformed people. It's sickening.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
So the CDC are now saying that there are five hospitalized cases in the US. Between Texas and California.

They are expecting more.

Still no deaths in the US, but two deaths in California are being investigated for possible Swine Flu.

I'm still not overly worried, I will be when we start to have deaths in the UK confirmed as a result of this virus. But until then I'll hold off on buying face masks and alcohol hand wash.

on cnn just now too..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
WHO looks set to raise pandemic threat level link

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization looked set to raise its pandemic alert level on Monday to phase 4 or even to phase 5 -- indicating a deadly swine flu was spreading significantly among humans.

Experts held four hours of emergency talks, brought forward from Tuesday, on whether to raise the alert level, indicating the gravity of the outbreak, which was confirmed earlier on Monday to have spread to Britain and Spain from North America.

"The experts have just adjourned. Expect a news conference in 90 minutes," a WHO spokeswoman told Reuters.

Sorry trying to find a more up to date link was just on the AJ show

[edit on 28-4-2009 by IamNow]

This was yesterday, and they did raise it from level 3 to 4.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You are right to be concerned with that statement. The CDC is going to tell states and local governments to start local and possibly complete shut down of affected areas. This will be so we do not see the national type of shut downs going on in Mexico. The CDC has been on the ground in Texas and California since Monday, April 20th. I am sure that they have command centers set up and they will make the call on what will happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We have included two Google maps on this page, pinpointing outbreaks of H1N1 swine flu in 2009, together with source attributions, report dates, and current known statuses. These maps are continually updated with the latest suspected and confirmed cases of swine flu, as reports come in. Please note that these swine flu maps are not owned or updated by Medical News Today staff and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by them.
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted again for anyone that missed it...

And why, oh why are UK channel 5 news still reporting on the first 2 people in the UK to get swine flu? .. come on, get with the times you slow bunch of bufoons...we're way ahead of you..

there is definitely some very slow news reporting goin on in the UK.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The families of those who were ill in Central Texas remained home on voluntary isolation. None of the three had recently traveled to Mexico or had contact with people who did, said Texas Department of State Health Services spokesman Doug McBride.
chron.com

There seems to be lots of places with presumed person to person...so why the wait?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by liveandlearn] edit to correct url

[edit on 28-4-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes sorry got that I should check the date

However I was looking for the link just pointed out on the AJ show saying it was being moved up to level 5

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Too early

[edit on 28-4-2009 by infinite]

link   
From what I understand, the MSEPHA bill gives the State of California some pretty scary powers to contain and deal with this outbreak.

link   
"The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has declared a local state of emergency, the LA Times reports"
From Twitter.
Local levels will now start to take this under their control.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Just turned it on. They are talking about some idiot who hijacked the an 18 wheeler with the driver stuck on the back of the truck....

Who knows...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Just turned it on. They are talking about some idiot who hijacked the an 18 wheeler with the driver stuck on the back of the truck....

Who knows...

they said he had his shirt over his face

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Is the link to the article that AJ was talking about on the level being raised to 5.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not making any assumptions on this but has anyone heard of The Cooperative Longbow/Lancer - 2009 drills due to take place at Georgia's Vaziani military base from May 3. I know Russia was very angry at the thought of US/UN troops on Georgian soil.

On topic- has this been cancelled due to the outbreak? and has anyone heard anything from eastern European countries regarding any infection?

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Canada has confirmed at least four more cases of swine flu, these in Toronto, according to CP24. - BNO on twitter

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

This may be the operation that AJ was talking about today. He didn't go into details just mentioned it at the end of the show. He said something about a takeover operation drill. Haven't been able to find anything on that yet though.

link   
reply to post by Nerdling

You just made me think about the fact that our coast guard base here is lit up like las vegas at night with new telepad's having been added in the last month or so. I figured they where just expanding till about 10 minutes ago when I heard the Govenor had declared a state of emergency.
Will have to get sis in law on the binoc's to see what is going on; she can see them from her house on the hill.

link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
From what I understand, the MSEPHA bill gives the State of California some pretty scary powers to contain and deal with this outbreak.

I've been begging my other half - to move to Wisconsin for a year or so - where we could hole ourselves in - while we keep an eye on what the world is doing.
I'm thinking he wishes we would have made the move about now...

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join