It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If the WHO goes to a level six Pandemic alert, what does this mean exactly?

I have the BBC News on and they were just explaining the different levels, but for level 6 it was quite vague. They just said level 6 would mean global pandemic and all the powers and resources have will be mobilised, or something to that effect.

But what exactly does that mean? Does that just mean this gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want in order to combat this flu?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It will give some nations the motive to go all out, but not every country is going to do that.

Its really up to each nation to decide how to use the WHO alert.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On BBC news the presenter is speaking to some talking head, some historian in medicine or something. But the presenter just asked, what does pandemic mean, how serious is it? Does it mean people will die? Then they were almost smiling! It isn't funny! Stop smiling!

link   
Level 6 means that it's killing people in multiple countries and the infection is still spreading.

If the cases in the US start turning fatal then they will raise the level.

~Keeper

link   
They are looking at human to human in Sacramento California

3rd NorCal Student Among 13 Calif. Swine Flu Cases
Skip a few then this,,,,,
A boy among those who fell ill may have contracted the illness from a student who returned from a Cancun vacation a week ago, said Kevin Eckery, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento.

whole article here but isn't much being let out yet.
cbs5.com...

One of the three infected went to Cancun the others didn't! Get ready for level 5

P.s to add
The cbs5 link is for here in Northern California they cover news from the bay area all the way to Sacramento. They are a really good hard hitting news station and if something needs to come out it will be from them here in California.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
If the WHO goes to a level six Pandemic alert, what does this mean exactly?

I have the BBC News on and they were just explaining the different levels, but for level 6 it was quite vague. They just said level 6 would mean global pandemic and all the powers and resources have will be mobilised, or something to that effect.

But what exactly does that mean? Does that just mean this gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want in order to combat this flu?

Check points, mass quarantine, restriction of travel and movement, lock downs, state of emergencies. Sodom and Gomorrah, Four Horsemen, the Antichrist, Hell-fire the lot.

link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I understand that, my point being, when were confirmed infections broadcast? because I want to know if this strain is killing very quickly on second generation contact?

I have doubts untill more than sky issue the broadcast.

respects

From what I've read the two men were reported dead on Monday (yesterday) and they've been trying to determine if the flu was the cause since then.

I'm in Los Angeles myself and I've been wondering why it has hit above and below us but not here yet. So many travel back and forth from Mexico to L.A. that I expect to hear of cases soon. They don't seem to be closing the borders to contain it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
AJ show talking about a take over exercise of some kind May 1st-2nd. Will try to find out more about this. Could be completely unrelated to this issue however.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Somebody just posted a person here in the U.S. has died from the swine flu. The mod closed the thread. Where are you? Fox news reporting??

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

If it really is a ATS style conspiracy I would pick 1 May as X-day.

Personally I don't think its that. Its something but probably not that.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this just got a whole lot worse fast! downstairs waitching tv and now im back 100's of children are infected? thats fast and worrying

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

They are doing the tests now on the two men in Los Angeles they haven't come back yet. I found this in the article. It is confirmed that there is human to human transmission.

Los Angeles Officials Probe Two Possible Swine Flu Deaths

The World Heath Organization has now confirmed person-to-person transmission of the swine flu virus in the United States.

The WHO said some students in New York City infected with swine flu had not traveled to Mexico and must have contracted the disease from classmates who had recently returned from a trip to the country.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

I have to say your first post on this thread was deffinatly a too the point one. Although you were registered 6 years ago??

respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Follow up to the flu samples that blew up on a train in Switzerland:

www.infowars.com...

Also found this:

www.infowars.com...

Time magazine article on mandatory vaccinations.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The guy doing the CDC briefing now, just said people might question some actions taken by us in the community and ask is that right?

What is that supposed to mean? Or am i reading too much into what he is saying?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CDC in New York is making a Live broadcast now,

BBC News

5 hospitalised cases......

3 in California

2 in Texas

Median Age 16 yrs

Incubation period USA 2-7 days....

Actions CDC Involved in around country....

Teams on Ground NY and Calif... New Treatment Guidelines on Website of CDC...which is changing and interim.....

Deploy Material from National Strategic stockpile, Masks, Anti Virus Meds etc....

Were Concerned.... Concern is good if it drives planning and action at a personal level....Handwashing etc....

Important People follow Self Home Quarantine... if sick don't go to work or to school, get rest of family to stay at home as well.....

Different actions in different communities.....Tailored response...

The Label of what we call this is less important than what we do....

No Action will halt this either personal, government but we can slow this....

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So the CDC are now saying that there are five hospitalized cases in the US. Between Texas and California.

They are expecting more.

Still no deaths in the US, but two deaths in California are being investigated for possible Swine Flu.

I'm still not overly worried, I will be when we start to have deaths in the UK confirmed as a result of this virus. But until then I'll hold off on buying face masks and alcohol hand wash.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I work at a large university in the midwest of the U.S. and we just received an email from our Provost regarding the swine flu. This part of the email stuck out to me...

Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.

So my uni is backhandedly saying this is spread person to person.
We have a fairly large medical campus and some top notch public health researchers so it is possible that they have access to some info that the general public is not yet privy to.
Take it for what it's worth.

Obs out

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
BreakingNewsThe CDC says there will soon be U.S. fatalities from swine flu. (corr.)less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
WHO looks set to raise pandemic threat level link

Sorry trying to find a more up to date link was just on the AJ show

[edit on 28-4-2009 by IamNow]

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join