It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
More in B.C.
www.vancouversun.com...

A New York City official says "many hundreds" of students are sick at school hit by a swine flu outbreak. Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden said Tuesday

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
News from San Diego:

A friend just texted that his mother, normally a hospice nurse, was just called in to a school in Mira Mesa (a suburb of San Diego) to help with ill students. She told her son that there were 30 cases of suspected swine flu there.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Dude! Now I have Arrested Development in my head (thanks! LOL)

Two

The Indiana Department of Health has confirmed the first case of swine flu in the state, BNO News has learned.11 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Lovely, it creeps closer to me now.
Obs out

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Canada, Toronto

4 confirmed cases in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

Source Live tv. CP24 in Toronto

More details as they come, for those of us in Canada we should be wary

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

they just said on cnn a student from St. Francis Preparatory School which had the first outbreak in ny may have infected a sibling who attends a diffrent school.

i wonder if the other school is the one with hundreds of sick kids.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
San Diego update:

The school in question is the Cornerstone Academy in Mira Mesa. A seven yo boy fell ill and subsequently gave it to six teachers.

The 30 cases she reports are an overall confirmed number for San Diego County.

I'll add updates as I get more info.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting comment from the CDC webcast..it sounds like the 'latest' test confirmations are from the 24th, thats about a 3 day delay in data..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well said

Do our goverments know what they are doing? The bbc just said that the uk goverment have put in an order for 32 million face masks and also we will not get a vaccine til the end of the year and only 20 million will be available! WTF!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

There is no vacine, it will take minimum 3 months to culture one. That info is correct.

Respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Screw their masks, I'm going to buy my own from B&Q

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel

Well said

Do our goverments know what they are doing? The bbc just said that the uk goverment have put in an order for 32 million face masks and also we will not get a vaccine til the end of the year and only 20 million will be available! WTF!

oh damn.. that cant be good right?

link   

Originally posted by apacheman
After looking at the timeline of this outbreak, it occurred to me:

Is it possible the reason for so many deaths in Mexico and so few elsewhere is that the country is 90% Catholic? Bear with me here a moment.

If you are a devout Catholic, you're ill, and it's Easter, what do you do? My bet is that you make a pilgrimage to your local famous shrine or church and ask for divine help with your illness, or that of your loved one, along with a few tens or hundreds of thousands other faithful, all jammed together, who then disperse back to their hometowns and spread this like wildfire.

The true number of infected could well be in the hundreds of thousands,which would bring the mortality rates in line with previously known epidemics. Given incubation periods, travel time...it fits as well as any other theory, I think.

But that just explains the how. What do you guys think?

I am also curious as to why many outbreaks are happening at Catholic Schools?

link   

If that proves to be the case,people will be willing to pay a LOT for those vaccines,right?
Population-pruning at it's finest...and let me guess that it won't be available to anyone who can't pay for it...that leaves out the poor and elderly for the most part.
It has also been mentioned that if "waves" are part of the process included in the spread that by then,it will be a worse strain as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The Los Angeles Coroner will hold a news conference at 1.30 p.m. local time to discuss two possible swine flu deaths.

link   
vaccine will take min 6 months to make I heard on CNN?

link   
reply to post by apacheman

I live in San Diego county. Carlsbad, to be exact, which is about 30 mins north of San Diego. It's a very strange feeling to be at one of the first and few epicenters of this thing in the US. Talk about winning the lottery!

Yesterday I went out to my local pharmacy and bought 6 face masks and a couple of anti-bacterial soaps and disinfectant wipes. I asked the clerk where I could find face masks and he, confused, asked if I meant mud facial masks! When we finally located them, they looked fully stocked on a shelf with about 20 boxes of face masks and no 'blank spaces'. It is clear that so far there has been little interest in them here. But I suspect that will change shortly.

While out and about I have not seen anyone wearing masks.

I remember the bird flu scare. I had colleagues in Toronto, where an outbreak occurred, and they literally were not allowed to fly into the US. They had to cancel their plans to attend a conference here. It was a strange feeling -- that they had become pariahs. I suspect we San Diegans will be subjected to the same thing shortly if this thing continues. But then again, at the rate it is popping up all over, it may not be any one city or state that gets a stigma.

Finally, my husband works with clients who own resorts in Baja, Mexico. They were already hurting from the combination of the recession and the violence in Mexico. This pretty much wipes them out. The economic impact could be huge. It could not be worse timing.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by jane_of_CA]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

No its not good!....time to lock myself away for a few weeks

Ive already got a bad stomach bug with a serious case of the craps!
Last thing i need is swine flu

link   
Anyway don't worry! The UK is one of the best countries in the world to deal with a pandemic! We're are well prepared. Just go back to watching your televisions.

link   
still wondering about confrimed case,any news on how they are doing.
insted of standard party line " responeding well".

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join