It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Everyone seems to be forgetting that this is a new strain NEVER SEEN BEFORE, and NO ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT HAS COME IN CONTACT WILL THE VIRUS IS IMMUNE. Most people are immune to the flu bugs that have been around for years that's why it kills the very young and old, NOT THE STRONG YOUNG ADULTS like in Mexico. The reason more have died in Mexico is because they have had an outbreak for months now, ours and the other countries are going on 2 weeks and already 79 people worldwide are sick. The CDC warned this could get severe and to expect deaths. I don't want people to panic, just be aware and respect those things that are unknown.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
# AP: NYC says 2 people in hospital with suspected swine flu; cases separate from school outbreak.half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Spreading quite rapidly in New York and people are starting to be hospitalised now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Can we please allow the mods to do the adminstration of the threads and boards please? I'm sorry but fighting amongst ourselves over what this thread is for, really isn't our place.

If there is a problem with content, the mods will act appropriately.

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well if we look at the 1918 death rate which was .05% of the world population........We can assume when the infected number hits 100 here in the U.S. we will see a death from the flu. Knowing that the numbers of the infected more than likely is greater than 68, lets say double, then its not surprising that we are starting to see some deaths occur

Thats why I brought up the question about the number of infected reported out of Mexico..............The number of deaths do not match the number infected.......10% death rate is way to high..........So if they are reporting only 1600 infected, based on the reported number of deaths (150) that would mean a minimum of 300,000 people are infected at the 1918 flu death rate..

This should make everyone scratch their head and think......

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I get that, I think it's probably wise not to tell the whole truth in such situations, simply because the mob mentality has no common sense or restraint.

I just think it's more likely they are trying to free processes and funds to combat this. This is Calif, already in debt, financially incapacitated. I think it's likely they'd be the first ones calling the Federal Govt for help.

I don't think it's necessarily evidence that something is going on there that they're not telling anyone. It could be, but such info would be out pretty quickly anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Update

VeratectGermany: Ministry of Health states woman admitted to The Hamburg-Eppendorf University Clinic with suspected swine influenza. #swineflu

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
still wondering if theres is any report on the confrimed case, besides standard party line" responding well" on how they are doing

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
2 dead from swine flu in California.

I posted up a new thread as well.

They just had it on Fox news, but no links yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

See this thing at the top of the page:

"Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals."

But yes we are looking for accurate news sources but we might get there quicker without all the responses on how it can't be true the numbers are higher then we are being told and so on.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
BBC Washington reporter has said no reported/potential deaths have occurred in the United States and no human-to-human contact.

He needs to read ATS and keep up-to-date

link   
reply to post by j2000

How can they confirm in such a short time, when its taking 3/4 days to culture from someone who is infected??? something not right there?

respects

link   
Double post, sorry, although It wasnt me !

not a one line post

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

My thoughts precisely: CA has been in financial trouble for months and this would allow them to "ask for help" under the umbrella of being necessary for healthcare and to control further outbreak.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

That's simple if they've been dead for a few days and have now just penned the results of what killed them.

Remember, were not being told everything as usual.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Can we please allow the mods to do the adminstration of the threads and boards please? I'm sorry but fighting amongst ourselves over what this thread is for, really isn't our place.

If there is a problem with content, the mods will act appropriately.

~Keeper

I know it's their job, but it becomes really annoying to see these threads repeatedly fall victim to unfounded and wild accusations, especially when it states the whole point of the thread in the title, and when there are plenty of other threads to discuss such unfounded ideas.

Also, pot-kettle-black? Are you a mod?

Back on topic...

BBC still not reporting anything on Calif.
But they just reported that US officials are "expecting" deaths in the US. I think they might be prepping the public for releasing some seriously worrying data.

link   
The BBC news report from Mexico opens with a visit to the Graveyard, showing the first persons grave who is known to have died.

Then the reporter goes to a Hospital, where he says

Locals tell us at least 5 people have Swine Flu in this hospital, but Doctors have been forbidden from speaking to the press, and wont answer any questions from us

Very worrying, what else are they not telling us?

LIKE THE MORTALITY,

Many are saying scaremongering, but no one will know the true effect of this for 3-4 weeks, as that is how long it will take to spread, and kill people with modern healthcare, if the death rate is higher than previous Flu pandemics.

Elf.

link   
Update

VeratectUS, California: Los Angeles County coroner's office investigating two deaths that may be related to swine influenza. #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Los Angeles County coroner's office is investigating two recent deaths for links to swine flu.

Coroner's Capt. John Kades says tests are being run on two bodies to see if swine flu was a factor in their deaths, but there is no confirmation that the disease killed them.

The Los Angeles Times reports on its Web site that both men's deaths were reported to the coroner's office on Monday.

Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey told the paper that a Bellflower hospital reported the death of a 33-year-old Long Beach man who was brought in Saturday with symptoms resembling swine flu.

The other death was a 45-year-old La Mirada man who died April 22 at a Norwalk hospital.

The World Heath Organization has now confirmed person-to-person transmission of the swine flu virus in the United States.

The WHO said some students in New York City infected with swine flu had not traveled to Mexico and must have contracted the disease from classmates who had recently returned from a trip to the country.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A level 5 alert could be implemented soon. But not till these deaths are confirmed as Swine Flu.

A level 6 will only occur if there is a death, or another human-to-human cluster outside North America (Europe, for example)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Update

BreakingNewsNYC health commissioner says "many hundreds" of schoolchildren sick with suspected swine flu.
1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Wow, that's pretty brutal, anybody confirm?

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join