It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

VeratectUS, California: Los Angeles County coroner's office investigating two deaths that may be related to swine influenza. #swineflu

Ok, here we go.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I understand that, my point being, when were confirmed infections broadcast? because I want to know if this strain is killing very quickly on second generation contact?

I have doubts untill more than sky issue the broadcast.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No matter the results of the test, it is something that needs to be done IMO.

Since this situation, popped up so quickly, there could be a lot of backtracking in recent deaths across the country to see if there is a possible relation to the current situation.

I would expect more announcements of testing in this fashion.

link   
BreakingNewsNYC health commissioner says "many hundreds" of schoolchildren sick with suspected swine flu.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Not good at all. This is getting worse by the minute.

link   
Swine flu prompts California 'state of emergency'

LOS ANGELES, April 28 (Reuters) - California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Tuesday declared a "state of emergency" for the state over an outbreak of the swine flu that has killed 149 people in Mexico.

So far state and local officials have confirmed 13 cases of the swine flu in California. None has been fatal, although Los Angeles County Coroner's officials were investigating two deaths as possibly related to the disease.

www.alertnet.org...

and Obama is now requesting $1.5 billion from Congress to respond to the outbreak.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Update

VeratectCosta Rica: Costa Rican Minister of Health Confirms One Swine Influenza Case in San José. #swineflu
2 minutes ago from web

~Keeper

link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by j2000

How can they confirm in such a short time, when its taking 3/4 days to culture from someone who is infected??? something not right there?

respects

I am just the messenger. Don't shoot me. I am just the one with the TV on in the other room while writing some reports. lol

Seriously, I don't know that, I think they are waiting for the official report yet.

link   
Sky news just reported a US official stating "many hundreds" of school children infected with the Flu virus. I think this was NY.

Is this further to the 200 suspected cases in NY reported yesterday?

This really is moving fast, and it seems to be blowing up.

Sky also repeated 2 deaths in Calif.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Mexico City declared a state of emergency when people started dying. I am not proclaiming the end is nigh or the Four Horsemen are travelling to California, but you only implement an emergency when human life is lost and a further population is at risk.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by infinite]

link   
Good News Update--Ireland

VeratectIreland: The Health Service Executive has reported no probable swine influenza cases nationwide; four previous suspected cases ruled out.
half a minute ago from web

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

BBC News

No they are seperate to those already reported.

This is spreading fast, lets be fair New York is now Infected.

Elf

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
you know, if all these media broadcasts and info pages were us on ATS we would be demanding citation, links.... there is so much that is just heresay and downright wrong information coming out of the media. the press are scare mongering, have been since early today...

Now why? they are doing it is a diffirent question..

Respects

link   
Okay...my head's about to pop,LOL!

I'm pretty well convinced by now that IF the WHO raises the level to a 5 or 6 that there is "another agenda" at play.

I live west of San Antonio Texas...hundreds were in town for the Fiesta 10 celebration the past week and cases being reported here are very low.

Also: we are a week away from the very popular in this area Cinco de Mayo celebrations (May 5th) and there are NO warnings and NO cancellations at this time that I've heard of...many do bring up family from mexico for both of these events.

I'm just sayin'...did it really start in Mexico because if so,it seems to be died down as suddenly as it started.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

link   
lol all of this going on right now and all CNN has on their front page is Senator Arlen Specter is switching to a Democrat.

Wow, that is so helpful. :p

Thank goodness for ATS!

link   

As I noted earlier, the main difference in Mexico is that they are 90% Catholic. I think this thing should be more appropriately called the "Easter Flu", because if you look at the timelines and incubation periods, they coincide with what you'd expect if it was spread during the massive Easter celebrations where tens of thousands of people congregate in the churches. This cultural difference would account for the different rate of infection, i.e., slower outside Mexico, and the anomalous death rate: there were, in fact far higher numbers of people who got sick and recovered unnoticed. What you see as the reported numbers are actually the worst cases of a very large number of exposures. This would explain what we are in fact experiencing.

With luck and care, this should not spread too far elsewhere too fast, although it says nothing about what may happen in the fall. What we see then could make Mexico's experience common.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm following the rensefeed on twitter as well:

This just in:

rensefeedUS Military Monitoring Swine Flu Very Closely ur1.ca... than 20 seconds ago from Identica

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Obama asks for $1.5 bln to help fight flu-W.House

WASHINGTON, April 28 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama asked congressional leaders for an additional $1.5 billion dollars on Tuesday to enhance the U.S. response to the swine flu outbreak.

"Out of an abundance of caution, I am asking Congress to include in the fiscal year 2009 supplemental budget request that I sent to you earlier this month an amount of $1.5 billion to enhance our nation's capability to respond to the potential spread of this outbreak," the president said in a letter to congressional leaders.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the funds could be used to build up antiviral stockpiles, develop a vaccine, support the U.S. public health response to the outbreak and help international organizations stem its spread.

www.alertnet.org...

I hope this money actually goes to good use.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Update

VeratectSouth Korea: Korean Centers for Disease Control testing probable swine influenza case; source of infection suggested to be taxi driver.
less than a minute ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Caller in to the AJ Show says he thinks the virus is following along common trucking routes and pit stop locations. AJ shot that down real quick.

Take that however you like just updating.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
On thinking about it apart from Nicola sturgeon taking press conferences daily, the uk government has gone missing. We dont have the same kind of news networks over here as in America and sometimes I think that is a realy good thing.

On a diffirent note, I posted yeterday that some social work, learning difficulties crisis contingency plans had been initiated at the level 4 increase. There have been no pre action communications to go to stage 2 of the contingency plan and those who are running it expect to be informed long before the news media broadcast a level 5 or pandemic state.

This is good news .

respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join