It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

There has either been a) a fatality or b) a major human-to-human transmission.

link   
Possible 2 deaths in LA could have been swine flu, they are conducting tests to see if these two recent deaths were from the virus. County coroners...

Breaking on FNC.

Sorry if already posted.

link   

Yep that's a bit odd, Declaring a state of emergency i would assume the numbers would be a lot higher....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Looks like the Terminator has declared state of emergency in Cali.

Also, US admin have said Whitehouse to request $1.5bn to combat swine flu.

Source: UK SkyNews

The children i tell ya, think of the children...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am watching cnn headline news and they just said that medical examiners are checking 2 people who died in califonia right now for swine flu.

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Looking thru your past posts and I am just wondering why you are even here? This is a conspiracy topic forum. You should expect posts to lean this way.

Replying to every post trying to deny their is a conspiracy isn't going to get you very far.

Just FYI.

link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by asala

www.alertnet.org...

Reuters is also reporting this.

I really think someone is not telling us the whole story here.

I'm pretty sure states declare a state of emergency to free funds and allow actions to be taken. It doesn't actually mean anything has changed, it just means they are able to make decisions that they wouldn't normally be able to, and it allows funding to move into areas where it's needed.

I'm pretty sure that's what I have read about State of Emergency declarations in the past.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I suspect that it is deaths.

I guess the WHO alert level change will probably come soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Can you confirm a source on this, I have avoided the paranoia on this but I am leaving for Los Angeles in an hour, I will have to be there all day tomorrow... And if this thing explodes I am going to be right in the middle of it.

Dammit.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

LA (Los Angeles) or LA (Louisiana)?

Sorry, I know this is a short post, but that's really important to me since I live here. I am sort of surprised that Louisiana hasn't shown anything yet with our proximity to Mexico via Texas and the amount of people in for JazzFest.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I disagree, I think we aren't being told everything, and that's probably a good thing to avoid the massive panic that would insue.

There are some cases, it is better for a government to say nothing is wrong, then to say, we have no idea what were doing or what were looking at.

We may not here on ATS, however the large base of the population will inevitably rely on the government to help them get through this and put them in the right direction.

The last thing the government wants is to have the populace loose all confidence in their ability to manage and prevent such things from happening.

They won't release anything they aren't entirely sure of to prevent panic as I said, as well as general public outcry over the response.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

WHO will have to - especially since students are infected in New York who didn't travel to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Looks like the Terminator has declared state of emergency in Cali.

Also, US admin have said Whitehouse to request $1.5bn to combat swine flu.

Source: UK SkyNews

The children i tell ya, think of the children...

Doing so just means that all the services and supplies that are needed if the numbers go up fast are all ready, steady and available. All the plans dusted off and read over, the supply closets found, the people all informed about expectations of hygiene, quarantines, vaccines, and overtime. That sort of thing.

link   
reply to post by niteboy82

The suspected deaths are in Los Angeles.

In regards to LA, the state, we have at least one suspected case here but I havn't heard anything on the news about them.

link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

Looking thru your past posts and I am just wondering why you are even here? This is a conspiracy topic forum. You should expect posts to lean this way.

Replying to every post trying to deny their is a conspiracy isn't going to get you very far.

Just FYI.

I am here to see the news and unfolding story, as in FACTS AND THE DISCUSSION OF THEM.

There are plenty of other threads linking this virus to everything form the NWO to terrorists. This is a NEWS thread, meaning factual reality, not wild accusations and unfounded assumptions. That is why I am in this thread instead of one of the many insane ones linking this to whatever convenient scenario each person supports like a religion.

I think I might put this in my sig, "there is a difference between conspiracy (with evidence and fact) and wild speculation (with no facts or evidence of any kind)"

Either way, there are other threads for all the unfounded stuff, this one is for news and discussion.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Los Angeles county California, sorry for the confusion.

I am still looking for the first online report to corroborate the breaking item on FNC.

The two deaths happened awhile back, now they are testing to see if they were from the swine flu.

I will post up an article as soon as i spot one.

link   
source:

# The Los Angeles County coroner's office says it is investigating two recent deaths for possible links to swine flu.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

BNO News (BreakingNews) on Twitter

link   
Here's the confirmation source on the two Alberta cases.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

2 Calif. deaths investigated for swine flu links

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles County coroner's office is investigating the recent deaths of two men for links to swine flu. ...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
AP: NYC says 2 people in hospital with suspected swine flu; cases separate from school outbreak.

Source: BNO

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join