It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by infinite

Infinite check this out:

Seven children are among nine new cases of swine flu in the UK taking the total to 27, the Health Protection Agency says

Sky News

Think this is what Johnny was posting, about. Also reported on sky news, 1 minute ago.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Laurauk]

yep thats it thanks

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Canada’s pork industry hit with trade bans

www.vancouversun.com...

CALGARY — New trade bans are rattling the $2.7-billion-a-year Canadian pork export business after an H1N1 influenza outbreak on a central Alberta pig farm, but none of the countries closing their borders so far are major customers.

Economy going down, that is why it is time to make some reserve. And again, I am still wondering what Egypt knew to take that decision to kill all pigs so quick.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

I want to get proper bio suit with mask , anyone know where to get one online if you live in the UK ?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Thank you

Notice how it has spread, similar to North America.

Children are the target, we've seen a rapid increase in the United Kingdom among the child population. Not all of them have visited Mexico

[edit on 4-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

BTW - yes a FULL FACE gas mask will protect you. Viruses can enter through the eyes. You won't find me in a cheesy surgical mask - even those "N95's" aren't worth anything. Get a real CBRN respirator and filter.

According to Medical Officials from the UK the masks are usless. They would not bring any protection agaisnt the virus. They would only give a false sence of security.

:Standard issue surgical masks offer little if any protection against the virus. The best advice is to keep your hands clean, wash surfaces regularly and dispose of tissues as they are used

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey guys, I have been bothering all the Health Department numbers I can find to see what the hold up is on these tests. Of course no one knows anything. What I find very interesting is the woman I spoke with at the local department also said she found it very strange that other counties are getting their results and we are left wondering.

FYI this is the national number for the CDC and I am on the phone with them now, holding for any possible information. They answered the phone pretty fast considering. Here is the number for you enjoyment, I doubt we will get any straight answers, but it is good to have that number.

1-800-232-4636

Like I fully expected....nothing but canned responses from a live person...oh well

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Then I ask who is in charge of WHO? I don't want to steer off the flu topic but this flu issue is shaping up to be about money, greed, control and the possibility of the depopulization of our wourld as many elitist would like......

As this pandemic contiues I keep thinking about the Denver Murals....

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Children are the target

Yes... And I think this is a mega-clue. Everyone affected here are young people...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is really weird - here I am sitting at work trying to concentrate but for the past week and a half I have been glues to these reports - realizing we are in uncharted territory, yet nothing has changed around me. Only a few people really "understand" the threat much less even know what is going on. There is a suspected case (confirmed by St Jude hospital as H1N1 but not by WHO/CDC) less than 30 miles from where I live and I work with people who probably have kids that went to the infected kid's school.

Being so close it makes you realize that it can strike without warning and be anywhere at anytime AND be connected to you like THAT. Of all the weapons systems I have read about Bio is the worst IMO.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Department of Homeland Security do have the authority to oversea in an emergency, not just terrorism. FEMA will be behind the scene, viewing the operation and working with the executive branch of government.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

a mask is say only 50% effecting while the virus can attach it self to your hands,and clothing..You take your mask off and touch inffected cloths and then wipe your eyes,thats how it gets into your system as one example...

without full gear protection and proper disrobing of it with decon,,your very suseptable to getting it..

So yes,they are correct persay..But any protection is better than non..
a mask with proper hygene is better..

edit..whan I say mask,I mean a proper n95 or better..without eye protection the virus can be taken in by the eyes also..

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

link   
george4title went to Mexico City to try to find out what's going on there. He sees a hoax.
(I hope the link works, if not yell at me).

I just hope to get my cats corralled (ducks lined up) before I'm no longer allowed to do so.

link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN
It is really weird - here I am sitting at work trying to concentrate but for the past week and a half I have been glues to these reports

Welcome to the matrix... Same thing here...

link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Still can't bother to type out a position, can you?

Actually I've spent a fair amount of energy and effort offering up alternative avenues of thought.

I've also offered constructive advice on how to help your body heal itself once 'infected'.

However, taking a position is your bag, not mine. I'm not clever enough to predict anything with that level of certainty.

I suppose if you look at my sig you could interpret a position if that would make you feel better.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
This "let's challenge Ecoparty" thing has been going on for pages and pages now. He has said as much as he's going to say so can people stop flogging a dead horse and stick to the point of the thread as it's REALLY irritating . Believe him or don't believe him, "whatever" , but stop going around in bloody circles guys , it really is a total waste of time and energy

I agree,get a room will ya..

The ones here with a level head know this is going to get much worse this fall,if not sooner..

im willing to proform the nuptials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by ACEMANN

I want to get proper bio suit with mask , anyone know where to get one online if you live in the UK ?

Approved Gas Masks

A CBRN rated mask AND filter (full face) WITH suit WHEN PROPERLY WORN AND FITTED will prtect you from biological agents!!! The WHO/CDC WHOEVER are talking about the rinky-dink surgical masks. They DO NOT WORK. You need CBRN filters and masks + proper protective gear. Just read about it. They know most people have no clue about CBRN systems and protective gear so when they say "masks don't work" they are talking about the cheesy ones. NOT the systems in the link above. Please make that distinction.

BTW - that site has NO MSA or SCOTT brand masks in stock but they have the SGE ones. I have a Scott M110 and you can still get M95's in small and the M110 CBRN kit from these guys (but they might have export restrictions):

Botach

Get the right gear and learn how to use it AND study CBRN / NBC (whatever you want to call it) agents and issues. And - like Redpill mentioned - DECONTAMINATION PROCEDURES are key. You F' up the decon and you might as well went out in your underwear.

Been following this thread since page 40 or so so sorry to burst in here - I just had to comment on the protective gear angle.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I guess I am looking at a much bigger picture here..........Keep flying the friendly skies, subways are safe, keep your kids in school, keep the boarders open .......ect..

But the DHS is covering up deaths???........not to panic the public or something other.......

The DHS has only recently been given the powers to be involved during pandemic emergencies............

No one has every asked WHY????? I am sure its do to terrorism and safety..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Now I am hearing from Maine Medical that they were told not to classify a cause of death H1N1 if it was caused by H1N1............I asked if the CDC told them to do this.......NO..........The DHS

Does anyone else have contacts that could confirm such information?

I know this is a conspiracy site but this is giving me a sick feeling inside....

Clouds as I have stated previously, my contacts in a few hospitals have told me that no authority has told them to with hold reports of confirmed cases. As far as I know that is still the case.

I will tell you though that I talked to one of my contacts this morning and was disturbed to hear that they are sending some people home, who do have flu symptoms but not thought to be H1N1...except these decisions are being made without testing the patients...

This person reports that there are many many people coming to the hospital with sniffles and other cold like but not flu like symptoms and that is beginning to become a problem..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Hey could everyone chew on this info(2 inmates imperial valley H151 confirmed)(over 50+ in a prison in arizona confirmed)ok these people are behind bars and have no contact with the outside population how do the get infected?????????is it airborne/bio weapon???????

Do you have a source link to this?

My guess is that employees, guards and other staff could bring a flu into a prison

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

cheers, I need a site from the UK really though, don't want to wait for airmail delivery and pay extra postage just because it's from overseas if poss. I have bags of decorators coveralls, would they be ok as a protective cover along with my latex gloves, shoe covers and gas mask ?

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join