It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

There are no deaths in the United Kingdom or Europe, officially or unofficially.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I also heard this morning that several people already have some immunity to this virus, that the H1N1 virus has been around for years. That explains why one person in a family gets sick but not the others.

link   
there are now 27 confirmed cases in the UK, up 9 from earlier - Sky News

link   
This "let's challenge Ecoparty" thing has been going on for pages and pages now. He has said as much as he's going to say so can people stop flogging a dead horse and stick to the point of the thread as it's REALLY irritating . Believe him or don't believe him, "whatever" , but stop going around in bloody circles guys , it really is a total waste of time and energy

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by ACEMANN

Masks wont prevent the spreading of the virus from human to human thatis why they, have said Masks are usless.

My point is that they don't seem to want people wearing anything at all; which is crazy at "Level 6" if you read HOW BAD that level is supposed to be.

BTW - yes a FULL FACE gas mask will protect you. Viruses can enter through the eyes. You won't find me in a cheesy surgical mask - even those "N95's" aren't worth anything. Get a real CBRN respirator and filter.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

27 confirmed?

Can you source it please. I do not recall hearing about that on Sky.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Another interesting report............

I just received information from Portland Maine, Maine Medical Hospital..........a nurse there informing me about how busy they are and that they had to start using there old complex due to the volume of flu symptom patients......

As I reported info out of Charleston SC that the CDC/Gov was withholding info to the public..........

Now I am hearing from Maine Medical that they were told not to classify a cause of death H1N1 if it was caused by H1N1............I asked if the CDC told them to do this.......NO..........The DHS

Does anyone else have contacts that could confirm such information?

I know this is a conspiracy site but this is giving me a sick feeling inside....

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Now I am hearing from Maine Medical that they were told not to classify a cause of death H1N1 if it was caused by H1N1............I asked if the CDC told them to do this.......NO..........The DHS

They cannot. Under WHO international requirements, altering a death certificate is forbidden. However, the DHS might withhold the information for a period of time.

But, I've heard a few rumours associated about the DHS involvement.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by ecoparity

I've responded to many of your posts with alternative view points. Judging from the way you dismiss all critics as 'substanceless' I can imagine that my words go way over your head.

No worries, I'm not posting for you, it's for those that are now intuiting they need to raise their game a few notches and still doubting themselves when they read the level of certainty in your speculation.

I'm glad you came out a few posts back to admit that even your highest level sources haven't got a clue, even if just now you are reverting back to the 'minds more brilliant than yours tell us we are doomed' chant.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just strike a balance.

Hey, if it's as bad as you claim, we are all f'd anyway so might as well relax a little during our remaining few hours earthbound. You know, smell the flowers, watch the sunset, marvel at the miracle of life and death all around us.

Still can't bother to type out a position, can you?

I like the truth bending there also. I didn't say they don't have a clue. I said there are no absolutes - it's all based on probabilities taking the information we have vs. what we don't have. Same thing I said way back then when I said I didn't want people to panic because it's all probability and nothing is definite.

All you're doing is trying to raise doubts about my position without having to state one yourself. That's classic.

I've posted information and backed it up with explanations and even pointed out confirmations. All you've done is pick a fight. Like I said, either support your position if it's counter to mine, show us all why I'm full of crap or find some other way to vent your frustrations.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

Getting deep now....For all the lomg time ATS members here,this is what has been expected...Defcon 5 for myself

link   
What i dont understand and maybe someone can explain this to me, but why would government hide the number of deaths from us....

Logically the more people they tell, the less ppl will die from it, as they will be able to plan for the pandemic. Waiting till the last minute will create world wide panic, and probably create a higher amounts of deaths and hysteria.... maybe im just not seen your view?

link   
Breaking news ON SKY:

Portugal has reported its first case of swine flu and Italy confirms two more as Mexico says it is winning the battle against the deadly new strain of the virus.

SKY NEWS

If someone has posted this I apolgise, did not see it posted, there are that many pages on this

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Just to add, I heard this conflicting information on the radio just now that they will not be raising the level to 6....very strange if you ask me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Information from the Universities in Canterbury (my home city in the UK)

If you have recently returned from Mexico, or any other area where there is reported Swine Flu, and have any flu-like symptoms you should: 1. Go home or back to your student accommodation and stay there

Quarantine is now occurring.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by jonny2410

27 confirmed?

Can you source it please. I do not recall hearing about that on Sky.

its on the yellow breaking news ticker, came up about 5 mins ago

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
This "let's challenge Ecoparty" thing has been going on for pages and pages now. He has said as much as he's going to say so can people stop flogging a dead horse and stick to the point of the thread as it's REALLY irritating . Believe him or don't believe him, "whatever" , but stop going around in bloody circles guys , it really is a total waste of time and energy

I agree,get a room will ya..

The ones here with a level head know this is going to get much worse this fall,if not sooner..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by ACEMANN

Getting deep now....For all the lomg time ATS members here,this is what has been expected...Defcon 5 for myself

I've had my CBRN gear ready for years. I've been laughed at, yes. But I feel really smart now - sadly.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hey could everyone chew on this info(2 inmates imperial valley H151 confirmed)(over 50+ in a prison in arizona confirmed)ok these people are behind bars and have no contact with the outside population how do the get infected?????????is it airborne/bio weapon???????

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Infinite check this out:

Seven children are among nine new cases of swine flu in the UK taking the total to 27, the Health Protection Agency says

Sky News

Think this is what Johnny was posting, about. Also reported on sky news, 1 minute ago.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Mexico says it is winning the battle against the deadly new strain of the virus.

Yeah right.

And i'm santaclaus.

How can they be winning a battle that has just begun?

Thaths hilarious!

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join