It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

There is at least 1,000 cases in New York alone.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
The back channel info is that 30 to 50 people are currently hospitalized in serious condition. These are people with severe respiratory issues, many if not all requiring ventilators.

That would be us if we got it.

We all have asthma in this house. When my daughter even catches a cold it always goes straight to her chest and she almost always either gets broncitis or pneumonia.

We'd all be hurt'n puppies if we caught it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here in Quebec (East Canada), this morning we have a total of 3 cases up to now.

We got a student that we discovered during the weekend that had H1N1 and his highschool will not be closed today.

They will monitor the school they say. It will be interesting to see our medias here... I am sure MSM are there waiting at the school this morning...

Also... do egypt knew something in advance for ordering the killing of all their pigs? Now that Aberta pigs got that flu, I think Egypt was in some kind aware of some things...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
OMG lol...

Now on www.drudgereport.com... the title is
Beware of 'the second wave'.

Well... Second wave... ins't the name of a terrorist group in the 24 series? Don't remember clearly... Or the name of an operation?...

early seasons...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

This is my frustration, these were sent out for "confirmation" on the same day as the Monroe County samples, but still nothing, not a peep. I just know that my friend that works for that utility is dead serious about NY shutting down tight in the next couple of weeks.

I just frankly do not trust our local government in the least, not at all. With the University of Rochester Medical Center one of the best in the nation and we can't get a simple verification.....are you kidding me?/

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
anyone know if there is a scheduled WHO press conference today?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by lucy40

I wonder if there have been any instance so far of confirmed swine flue victims refusing to take the Tamiflu and if so did the recover normally anyway?

I would say yes knowing that many swine flu cases have not been tested and they recovered.........If you want to dig way back in this thread you will see I posted info from a hospital in Charleston SC, The patients being treated with Tamiflu returned to the ER with worse symptoms..........As I have been told by a member of CDC.......Do not take Tamiflu, it only makes the swine strain and bird strain stronger against your immune system..........

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
anyone know if there is a scheduled WHO press conference today?

I'm not seeing this yet, however, every news source I'm reading is reporting that the WHO will be declaring level 6.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by lucy40

I wonder if there have been any instance so far of confirmed swine flue victims refusing to take the Tamiflu and if so did the recover normally anyway?

I would say yes knowing that many swine flu cases have not been tested and they recovered.........If you want to dig way back in this thread you will see I posted info from a hospital in Charleston SC, The patients being treated with Tamiflu returned to the ER with worse symptoms..........As I have been told by a member of CDC.......Do not take Tamiflu, it only makes the swine strain and bird strain stronger against your immune system..........

I think if I am unlucky enough to get this thing ,I will not take tamiflu unless I am really really ill and scared for my own life.And only then as a last resort.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

There are plenty of post here on this thread of some good home natural medications that will help keep your immune system strong.........XOXO Stacie posted a home brew tea of tamiflu........

My source from the CDC also told me to stock up on antibodes for the secondary infections..........

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
quick question. I am due to go into hospital for a test this thursday. Don't really want to go now. It's not majorly important.
How many of you would still go?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
quick question. I am due to go into hospital for a test this thursday. Don't really want to go now. It's not majorly important.
How many of you would still go?

Go to a private Dr or small clinic if at all possible. There's no point in waiting around all day long at a hospital where you are far more likely to get infected if you aren't already.

Most hospitals are swamped with scared, healthy people who have slight colds or allergies. Mixed in among them are infected people spreading the virus like it's free chicken sample day at the mall.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

how sick are you, not not to bad stay at home and away from every body and treat yourself. if real bad go see the doc

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Like I've said, if anyone has a problem with the information then offer up those alternate explanations, please. So far no one has even tried. I'd love to hear some counter positions supported by real intel.

Anyone can feel free to put me on ignore, I've had no issue doing the same to a few of you.

Well that's very nice. 'Offer me an alternative that I won't be reading anyway 'cos I put you on ignore'.

Personally I've seen plenty of alternative explanations offered on this thread for the assumptions you've been making. Like you said 'reading comprehension'

Bro' you can back peddle now all you like, but you took a lot of stick for creating a self important stance followed by a 'trust me'. That works fine for the MSM, but here on ATS, some people will require a little more and are not afraid to call BS.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

A hospital is one of the worse places you could go unless you were sick.......

With all the reports of the ER's being packed with people fearing they have this bug...........I think I would avoid it if I could......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Who are all these people going to emergency rooms for flu symptoms instead of their doctors? Most of them people who have no intention of paying the bill, I suspect.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

yeah, a small clinic is out of the question. I am having a biopsy. And i said it was not majorly important because it's a small lump on my thyroid and i honestly don't think it's cancer or anything serious. It's not causing me any problems. I'm just miffed because i got all prepared with food and supplies (i have 4 kids), decided against going out too much, and then i have to go to hospital.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well I know is some areas physicians are told to send any patient that shows symptoms to the ER for testing.........Hey Bombeni, but as you know I am clueless.......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

not sick at all right now. And our hospital was ranked worst in 2008 for standards...doesn't make me feel very confident.

Cloudsinthesky....i agree, not the best place to go.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For those of you who want to keep your kids out of school... I phoned my sons school last week and told them he would be kept home as a precaution due to swine flu. They started telling me that it would be an unauthorised absence and that there was no reason to keep him home. I cut in and said "you do realise that my husband is Mexican?" and their response changed to "Ooooooh, uh, yes that's probably a good idea... in fact I'll go ahead and mark him as off for next week too".
Anyone having difficulty with their childs school should use the same approach and claim some connection to Mexico... they won't want your kids there.

new topics

top topics

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join