It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.hillscountyhealth.org...

SWINE FLU UPDATE
current as of: May 3, 2009 (11:45am)

Florida has three confirmed cases; one in Lee , one in Broward, and one in Orange County.
The Orange County confirmed case is a 14 year old female visitor who has returned to Mexico.

Alachua, Pinellas, Indian River, Okeechobee, Lee, and Clay have one probable case each.

Palm Beach and Miami Dade have two each. Hillsborough County has five probable cases.

A public health emergency was declared by the State Surgeon General.

There are three schools closed in Hillsborough County also

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think this is must-read info:

WHO Guidance for Pandemics:

www.who.int...

Focus is on page 54 - remember this is for levels 5 AND 6:

WHO recognizes individual country considerations will affect national decisions, but, in general, does not encourage:

-Pandemic-related international border closures for people and/or cargo.

-General disinfection of the environment during a pandemic.

-The use of masks in the community by well persons.

-The restriction of travel within national borders during a pandemic, with the exception of a globally led rapid response and containment operation, or in rare instances where clear geographical and other barriers exist,

Wow, so even if it is a full-on, airborne pandemic they don't recommend "well persons" wear masks? What are we supposed to do, sit around and wait for the "unlucky" ones to get ill and die and thank our lucky stars we didn't get sick?
Even if they declare Level 6 it doesn't mean any more "protection" will be afforded OR allowed. Am I wrong here?

The WHO "guidance" says $$$ before people IMO. BTW - the level 5 pandemic stuff starts around page 30 for you cliff-notes readers

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Italy: Total of four influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed nationwide. #swineflu
22 minutes ago from web

Italy, Rome: Ministry of Health confirms two new cases of influenza A (H1N1); both had recently visited Mexico. #swineflu
22 minutes ago from web

El Salvador: Ministry of Health confirms first two cases of influenza A (H1N1) in the country. #swineflu
30 minutes ago from web

France: Total of Four Confirmed Influenza A(H1N1) Cases Nationwide; All With Recent Travel to Affected Areas #swineflu
31 minutes ago from web

France, Paris: L'Institut de Veille Sanitaire Confirms Two New Cases of Influenza A(H1N1) #swineflu
32 minutes ago from web

Portugal: One Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed; Had Recently Visited Mexico #swineflu
33 minutes ago from web

Spain: Ten New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 54 Confirmed Cases Nationwide #swineflu
about 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Bombeni

Well I know is some areas physicians are told to send any patient that shows symptoms to the ER for testing.........Hey Bombeni, but as you know I am clueless.......

I didn't realize that, I guess it stands to reason not many private doctors would have flu test in their office. I didn't think a lot of people were being tested though. But I heard on the news this morning that hundreds of people were showing up in emergency rooms complaining of flu symptoms so a lot of them are going straight to emergency room. It cost about 10 times more to be treated at an emergency room than a private doctor but if you have no intention of paying the bill who cares. But that is another topic so back to the flu.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by ecoparity

Like I've said, if anyone has a problem with the information then offer up those alternate explanations, please. So far no one has even tried. I'd love to hear some counter positions supported by real intel.

Anyone can feel free to put me on ignore, I've had no issue doing the same to a few of you.

Well that's very nice. 'Offer me an alternative that I won't be reading anyway 'cos I put you on ignore'.

Personally I've seen plenty of alternative explanations offered on this thread for the assumptions you've been making. Like you said 'reading comprehension'

Bro' you can back peddle now all you like, but you took a lot of stick for creating a self important stance followed by a 'trust me'. That works fine for the MSM, but here on ATS, some people will require a little more and are not afraid to call BS.

I love how you keep popping up trying to pick a fight.

I've shown again and again the info I've given you people showing up in the media or being confirmed by other ATS members first hand again and again.

You keep pitching a fit but you're not offering anything of substance. Funny how none of the 3 or 4 people who want to argue with me can answer a direct question. If you have a position that is so contrary to anything I've posted then state it and do so clearly.

I'm not back peddling on anything, period. I've passed on information I've been given which so far has been accurate. You seem to want me to guarantee the info I'm being given somehow or provide you with absolute proof. As these things continue to become public knowledge via the news media and so on that should be plenty of proof.

Given people are leaking info to me and others which is being posted here I fully expected the typical ATS challenge with no substance in an effort to discredit me, frustrate me into giving up and so on.

Either you are tasked with trying to stop the leak or you're just one of those people who are incapable of understanding the situation at hand and the variables involved. There are too many unknowns to make an absolute prediction, only the data available at the time, the math and the medical analysis to try and figure out what the future will hold.

I have one source, a very, very analytical - no nonsense type who has determined we're done for, period. He thinks there are long term lethal effects which killed people in Mexico and will kill people here as well given enough time.

I have others who have crunched the numbers and determined that even if this is a mild flu it will still be far more lethal than a seasonal flu and worse, targets young, healthy people and children.

The last crowd has crunched those same numbers but taken different values for certain variables and decided this wave will be mild unless a mutation occurs rapidly and spreads out of season here and immediately in the S hemisphere.

I've simply passed on the data as I've received it and tried to make it easy to understand. Nothing has changed and my position is still the same as it always has been.

Now, if you cannot state clearly what the issue is with my "ATS credibility" as well as your issue with the information I've provided then yes, I'll ignore you and hope you do the same for me. It's really easy to play the "skeptic" and call "BS" on the work of others. Now support your position or show yourself to be the one lacking credibility.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
UN Chief Ban says WHO has no plan to raise the pandemic alert to level 6 over H1N1 concerns.
14 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Was listening to NPR this morning and a doc/scientist said this virus is expected to mutate into something else, and that those who got ill from this virus would have some immunity from future strains.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get this virus, but I wouldn't keep my kids out of school either; most everyone is getting thru it ok and will have some immunity from future strains, and there will be future strains. jmo

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is worrying...

She said it was too early to predict what proportion of the population would catch the new influenza strain after the European Union predicted 40 percent of the population would become infected. (Reporting by Ben Harding)

But first a question about the above quote - Who was it in the EU that predicted 40% of the pop would become infected? 27 highly varied and independent countries, just how did they come to that consensus and who said so?

According to my source (National Civil Defense EU Country) EU directives are being followed but no-one is taking this too seriously.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I'm sorry i must be a #ing idiot then...answer me this then,the picture of the graph you posted,is that your accout on that twitter pic host or whatever?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I have one source, a very, very analytical - no nonsense type who has determined we're done for, period. He thinks there are long term lethal effects which killed people in Mexico and will kill people here as well given enough time.

I have others who have crunched the numbers and determined that even if this is a mild flu it will still be far more lethal than a seasonal flu and worse, targets young, healthy people and children.

To the defense of members here.... when you first started posting information you would not tell anyone how you came to your knowledge............Trust me I get blasted all the time for not posting my source.......and thats okay........the ones who want to listen do........

All you had to do from the begining is post exactly what you just posted!!!
You have sources, you can't disclose them but its real good intel..........

Thanks for your contribution to the thread........

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Who's right? same thing since the beginning. Contradictory information.

www.vancouversun.com...
WHO to declare full flu pandemic

MADRID/GENEVA - The World Health Organization is likely to raise its flu alert to the top of its six-point scale and declare a pandemic, its director-general indicated in an interview published on Monday.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

I'm sorry i must be a #ing idiot then...answer me this then,the picture of the graph you posted,is that your accout on that twitter pic host or whatever?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

No, it belongs to a journalist.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

I will post once again, the UN Secretary General stated: The WHO are not going to raise the level from 5 to 6, totally conflicting from both the WHO and the UN.

Who do we believe? None of the both seems to know what either is doing at all.

link   
reply to post by infinite

Have you heard of anyone outside of Mexico dying from this via your channels...?

link   

I've responded to many of your posts with alternative view points. Judging from the way you dismiss all critics as 'substanceless' I can imagine that my words go way over your head.

No worries, I'm not posting for you, it's for those that are now intuiting they need to raise their game a few notches and still doubting themselves when they read the level of certainty in your speculation.

I'm glad you came out a few posts back to admit that even your highest level sources haven't got a clue, even if just now you are reverting back to the 'minds more brilliant than yours tell us we are doomed' chant.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just strike a balance.

Hey, if it's as bad as you claim, we are all f'd anyway so might as well relax a little during our remaining few hours earthbound. You know, smell the flowers, watch the sunset, marvel at the miracle of life and death all around us.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by 13Etznab

I will post once again, the UN Secretary General stated: The WHO are not going to raise the level from 5 to 6, totally conflicting from both the WHO and the UN.

Who do we believe? None of the both seems to know what either is doing at all.

See my post above - it appears it doesn't matter WHAT level we are at once you reach 5, all of the responses to the pandemic are the same. They don't even recommend large-scale disinfection and wearing masks at level 6. What is the point of "Level 6" if people aren't recommended to wear masks or other protective gear??

This is insane..

I will say this: WHATEVER it is that has the WHO so spooked to push to level 5 in less than a week must be bad. You don't start throwing out Level 5 and 6 unless you are really really spooked. I just DO NOT believe anything coming from the MSM.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
OK all those who allready know put your boots on its the 2 minute warning.the media has just went into dont panic mode"bracing for a second wave"when was the first wave...and to boot i have a inside source my brother is stationed at FT.Lewis wa. he called us at 3 am they are now on high alert not for iraq but for domestic stabilization thats right he said they will be moving out to undisclosed locations wed. of this week and they were given n.b.c. suits and chemical protective gear.if anyone else has family in the army or marines you should check with them to get more info

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

To the defense of members here.... when you first started posting information you would not tell anyone how you came to your knowledge............Trust me I get blasted all the time for not posting my source.......and thats okay........the ones who want to listen do........

All you had to do from the begining is post exactly what you just posted!!!
You have sources, you can't disclose them but its real good intel..........

Thanks for your contribution to the thread........

I've posted the same explanation a hundred different ways. After I wake up in a few hours I expect I'll have to do it yet again but I'm pretty much over it. I came here hoping to link up with other people who have contacts so I can get some idea of what to do. The media is lying their asses off, switching tactics and even the WHO will say one thing and then an hour later say the opposite.

The "doomsday" source said exactly that in his message, by the way. He said the media and government will continue to lie to us until we see the truth outside our own doors.

What's bothering me right now is the fact he's basing his concern on evidence the virus can be knocked down but not out and that the swarm of deaths in Mexico took place when victims who had already "recovered" from the flu were stricken with atypical pneumonia and died due to lack of proper care, too many victims in the hospitals, medical staff not knowing what they were dealing with and so on.

As I posted yesterday, there is a time line kept by the groups who track emerging diseases for the WHO. This time line is very detailed and shows that a swarm of flu infections took place in Mexico in February / March. Since the people recovered from the flu only vague mentions of it were made, the swarm of medical problems were "atypical pneumonia".

That's a lot of hard data fitting the statistical model this source in question is working with. Then again, no matter how you break down the numbers and throw in estimates for the unknowns, it's all bad. Worse than we're being told other than "watch out for wave 2 in the fall". Of course, they're still talking about a 1918 style fall outbreak. They aren't talking about a H5N1 fall outbreak with a 70 to 90% or better death rate, are they?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

Masks wont prevent the spreading of the virus from human to human thatis why they, have said Masks are usless.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
OK all those who allready know put your boots on its the 2 minute warning.the media has just went into dont panic mode"bracing for a second wave"when was the first wave...and to boot i have a inside source my brother is stationed at FT.Lewis wa. he called us at 3 am they are now on high alert not for iraq but for domestic stabilization thats right he said they will be moving out to undisclosed locations wed. of this week and they were given n.b.c. suits and chemical protective gear.if anyone else has family in the army or marines you should check with them to get more info

Ummm - ok so they are being issued NBC gear? Oh s#. Wow keeps us posted man.

new topics

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join