It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I find it weird how it is younger people who are getting infected with ths virus alot quicker than older people. Anyone notice this? Would older people over the age of say 50 be immune to this virus?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Hey could everyone chew on this info(2 inmates imperial valley H151 confirmed)(over 50+ in a prison in arizona confirmed)ok these people are behind bars and have no contact with the outside population how do the get infected?????????is it airborne/bio weapon???????

Do you have a source link to this?

My guess is that employees, guards and other staff could bring a flu into a prison
cnn runs the story every hour im waiting for it to comeback on and write down the actual numbers

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Check out these sites within the UK:

Gas Mask Shop

Suriveal Shop

Surpluss Stores UK

Check and make sure they are geniune first of al .

Hope that helps.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by ACEMANN

I want to get proper bio suit with mask , anyone know where to get one online if you live in the UK ?

I'd like one of these too, would be ideal to be prepared if the SHTF.

I was talking to my other half about going shopping at Tescos in a bio suit, walking down the isles with a big trolly loading it with supplies. I wonder what the reactions would be.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

hows this www.surplusandoutdoors.com... i mean its not the full suit but its still betetr than them masks.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just noticed they offer Masks at B & Q

Masks

Do not know if any of those addresses are helpfull.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is worrying...

She said it was too early to predict what proportion of the population would catch the new influenza strain after the European Union predicted 40 percent of the population would become infected. (Reporting by Ben Harding)

But first a question about the above quote - Who was it in the EU that predicted 40% of the pop would become infected? 27 highly varied and independent countries, just how did they come to that consensus and who said so?

According to my source (National Civil Defense EU Country) EU directives are being followed but no-one is taking this too seriously.

I think there was one high EU health official saying this after a EU health emergency meeting at night between Thursday and Friday!

I saw something similar on the TV news in an interview with one official after the meeting, but If I remember correctly it was some sort of worst case scenario?

He also said that it doesn't matter if the WHO says we are not at phase 6 or not yet - We are already in a pandemic, and to say otherwise would be lying to the people.

(I'm going to see if I can find a clip or source somewhere? - sorry!)

The same day one of the world’s leading epidemiologists, a renowned expert in infectious diseases - Sir Roy Anderson rector elect of Imperial College of London (Analyzers of the virus genetics), also said we have already a pandemic and it could evolve to be severe with many people infected, but they didn't have enough data/information & genetic info to know for sure yet.

So I don't know if these guys have a different agenda than WHO or what the heck is happening at the 'high level' here in Europe?

Here in the Scandinavian countries it is suddenly rather quiet about it in MSM now! - Since Saturday they are almost only reporting from WHO's official point of view.

link   
For all these people wanting bio suits......its all well and good having them but they are totaly useless unless you have the proper training on how to decon etc....somebody back me up on this one

link   
The first sign I see of any gaurdsman wearing there Mopp suits,I know that the # is deep..I know for a fact that like anyone else wearing there suits is only done if it is absolutely nessacary or under strict command of there SGt...they are hot,and they will only wear them if needed..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
About raising the level... I wouldn't raise it to 6 either. Look how panicy people are over this so far, very mild flu. Why are hospitals overrun? Because this is spreading like wildfire? No, because people see alert level 5, hear all the media goofiness, and the first time they cough or eat a bad hot dog, off they go to the emergency room.

I'd say so far, the only thing that differs from this and any other influenza is the deaths in Mexico.

The flu as it is spreading is no different than any other flu I've seen in winters past. Every winter there is some flu that comes through, that half the office gets, and everyone misses a few days here and there. It's typical and normal.

I still don't see any reason to panic. People seem to forget that regular flu spreads just as easily, kills people, and can mutate as well. This doesn't seem anything of the ordinary out of Mexico, aside from the high level of uncecessary panic and media hype surrounding it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Check out these sites within the UK:

Gas Mask Shop

Suriveal Shop

Surpluss Stores UK

Check and make sure they are geniune first of al .

Hope that helps.

Thx for the link - I am in the US so I am not familiar with what stores have the masks there. I found a direct link inside your list:

Advantage Series Masks

I recommend the single - filter 3000 series. The masks are good for at least a decade stored and the filters 8-10 years unopened. Pretty cheap insurance IMO.

And Suits:

Suits

OK for bio when fitted properly but not chem/nuclear unless you get the unissued charcoal ones.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel
For all these people wanting bio suits......its all well and good having them but they are totaly useless unless you have the proper training on how to decon etc....somebody back me up on this one

I had NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) training in the Army. It was a long time ago and things may have changed, but what you say is basically true.

You get the germies on your NBC gear and save yourself ... but then when it comes time to take off the gear you'd better have disinfectants, etc etc ... and the washoff from your gear is contaminated as well.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

you are correct,but would i tell people not to buy them?no absolutely not..

any protection is better than none..if anything it helps to keep all the nastys inside the suit of the wearer..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Look how panicy people are over this so far, very mild flu.

I think the exact opposite is true.

Most people I see and talk to don't even have this swine flu on their radar.
They are just ignoring it .. (as they ignore everything else important) .. and are going about their business.

If you bring it up ... people look at you like 'what?'

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I had NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) training in the Army. It was a long time ago and things may have changed, but what you say is basically true.

You get the germies on your NBC gear and save yourself ... but then when it comes time to take off the gear you'd better have disinfectants, etc etc ... and the washoff from your gear is contaminated as well.

Agree 100% - I am more worried about getting the decon right than my gear failing. The Approved Gas Masks link has MSA decon solvent for mixing w/ water.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ACEMANN]

link   
Don't get too hung up on the masks, the genetic analysis of the current virus has shown it is not good at spreading without direct contact. It barely has the power to even spread itself (it is slightly better off in that regard than the 1918 flu was, however).

Gloves and hand cleansing are the most important things. A full on protective setup would be nice to have in a very crowded situation or before the "fall outbreak". The current virus is not airborne, you would have to get mucous in your nose, mouth or eye to become infected.

If you manage your hands and stay away from other people (minimum 6 feet) you can avoid infection.

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
W.H.O. Conference live now!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
spray bottles of bleach and water...I know I have mine!!!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I so need to watch that movie lol. Will watch it later on, when I return home from work tonight.

The number of cases being tested: 1025 across 20 countries WHO!

new topics

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join