It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Hey could everyone chew on this info(2 inmates imperial valley H151 confirmed)(over 50+ in a prison in arizona confirmed)ok these people are behind bars and have no contact with the outside population how do the get infected?????????is it airborne/bio weapon???????

Do you have a source link to this?

My guess is that employees, guards and other staff could bring a flu into a prison
cnn runs the story every hour im waiting for it to comeback on and write down the actual numbers

There was a press report one or two days ago that said a prison in California had confirmed cases. I'm sure Google can find it, I think it was in the LA times.

link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I've had that same conversation
I supposed we could cover up all our protective gear with those black cloaks and veils some of muslim women wear which would draw less attention

@Laurauk - thanks, that's really helpful. I'll read over everything thoroughly. Are you planning to get something like this ?

@ other person re decontamination, I read about that 3 yrs back when I was panicked about bird flu so it's logged in my brain.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thank you my friend.....its not like the movies people....if dont decon properly you could infect your family etc

link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Bleach, antibacterial wipes, disposablt latex gloves including. I do not have a mask as off yet

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
# test Hermosillo: First Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed in Sonora : Date: May 04, 2009 14:14 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple local ..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# test Ceuta: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported: Date: May 04, 2009 14:05 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple international news..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# test Colima: Six Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 04, 2009 13:53 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national me..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# test Mexico City: Three Additional Fatal Cases and 29 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 04, 2009 13:39 ..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# test La Libertad: Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported: Date: May 04, 2009 13:38 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple internation..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Can you please give me a link?

Thanks very much!

link   
I admit my NBC gear is "doomsday" but at least I have it. I calculated I pay 50 cents a month to own the mask for its shelf-life. Cheap!

Yea, but please try to read up on real decon procedures. I'm sure there are a few military manuals online you can find.

link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

Link For?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Laurauk

Awesome movie....ive woke a few people up with this movie

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Where I live the hospitals have not been told this (as far as I know) They were just told by the CDC not to test for mild influenza cases....Our son was sick and they would not test him for type A.........I live in the mid-west.......My nurse is from the Boston area and has many contacts on the east coast and she has been in nursing since the late 70's.........that is where I am getting my east coast info from........The contacts are in administration............her son-in-law is a NP in SC.......

Like I said before, one ATS member verified my report coming out of SC..........her source lived somewhere in NC........

You have repeatedly challenged my information on this thread which is fine.........

If your sources have a different story .......hey that is good news!!

I have provided specific hospital locations in my post.......and that is why I ask members here to help verify this information.............

If you have sources from these hospitals then please post that information......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oks have fun folks, Has to go work, will be on tommorrow. Continue posting please, I prefer reading the updates on here than other sites. thank you

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

If you dont think an average caugh isnt enough worry to be protected,I suggest you watch this..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

I know what you are saying. I read a few yrs back that when returning home after wearing the gear, to go to a separate part of your property, preferably outside /in garage or shed and in there you should have buckets of disinfectant waiting and some clean civvie clothes in a tied up bag. Spray /wipe self all over with suit still on, strip off suit, dump in bin with lid (or hang up to dry ???), spray naked self with disnfectant, dry off with towel you get from sealed bag then get dressed. ......something along those lines....

After a few days the suit would be okay to put on again if need be.......?

If you were just leaving your house to get in your car parked right outside and drive to the beach for a walk where it's really quiet then you wouldn't need to don all this protective gear....? Isn't it basically just if you are around people ?

I'll look for some proper decon guidelines but if you know of any sites offhand can you let me know.

What a performance just to go to the bloody shop

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Excellent film, i've actually just bought the graphic novel today. I recall on another post you also mentioned Children of Men. Well i watched the film again yesterday and for anyone who watched it or has seen it recently, did you notice the reference to the "flu pandemic of 2008"?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Full on decom gear, chemicals etc are not necessary unless you are in a hurry. The virus can live outside a host but not for extended periods of time. This strain is slightly better than seasonal flu in that regard which is why the concentration is on keeping your hands clean and not touching your face.

Letting groceries or other objects sit in the trunk of the car for 30 minutes will work just fine. If you have clothing or other inanimate objects you want to clear same thing, just let them sit somewhere.

30 minutes of sunlight will disinfect as well as bleach or Lysol.

Things like a facemask that you are heating with breath and giving moisture to are a different story. The virus could probably stay alive on the outside of a typical face mask longer than it can on another surface. Virus encased in mucous is also more dangerous if it's on something.

Wear gloves, disinfect your hands and use wipes to wipe down your face before coming in the house. Having trash bags handy to put your external clothing into followed by a wash is advisable. Remember to disinfect anything you bring into the home - purses, computer bags, groceries, etc. Either let them sit for 30 mins to an hour in the trunk or garage or use disinfectant wipes / spray.

This is the routine I've been following to grocery shop this past week.

Go late at night when it's empty.
Put on latex gloves in the car, carry hand cleaner and wipes into store in pockets.
Wipe down cart with wipes
buy groceries - stay away from other people completely
load everything into trunk
remove gloves in car and dispose of into plastic bag, clean up with wipes and cleaner.

When I arrive home I shut the garage and allow everything to sit in the trunk for 30 mins plus. The first time I sprayed the large items with Lysol and used wipes on everything else.

So far, so good.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am a bit late here but does anyone have any idea where I can see the WHO update that was mentioned? I just checked cnn.com and nothing. thanks

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by parrallel

I know what you are saying. I read a few yrs back that when returning home after wearing the gear, to go to a separate part of your property, preferably outside /in garage or shed and in there you should have buckets of disinfectant waiting and some clean civvie clothes in a tied up bag. Spray /wipe self all over with suit still on, strip off suit, dump in bin with lid (or hang up to dry ???), spray naked self with disnfectant, dry off with towel you get from sealed bag then get dressed. ......something along those lines....

After a few days the suit would be okay to put on again if need be.......?

If you were just leaving your house to get in your car parked right outside and drive to the beach for a walk where it's really quiet then you wouldn't need to don all this protective gear....? Isn't it basically just if you are around people ?

I'll look for some proper decon guidelines but if you know of any sites offhand can you let me know.

What a performance just to go to the bloody shop

Actually what I realized myself is that I couldn't drive my car. I consider having to don the suit and "go out" a last resort to get food, water, medical supplies, etc. I just can't see how I could "drive" anywhere unless someone took me in a truck - then I could just ride in the bed and avoid the decon problems of a car.

Geez I never thought I would actually be worried about implementing this stuff. yikes.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I did.

Schools will be restricted or closed within a few weeks in the United Kingdom.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
US, Illinois: Total confirmed case count statewide reaches nine. #swineflu less than a minute ago
US, Illinois: Six more cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed statewide; new cases identified in Chicago, Kane, and McHenry. #swineflu about a minute ago
Mexico: Heath Ministry reports 137 new confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases and one new fatal case; totals reach 727 cases and 26 deaths. 3 minutes ago

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Mexico: Heath Ministry reports 137 new confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases and one new fatal case; totals reach 727 cases and 26 deaths.

new topics

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join