It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 280
232
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie


here

Some excerpts :

"We do not know how long we have until we move to phase 6, which indicates we are in a pandemic. We are not there yet. The criteria will be met when we see, in one region outside North America, clear evidence of community-level transmission. "

"At this point, we have no indication that we are facing a situation similar to that seen in 1918. As I must stress repeatedly, this situation can change, not because we are overestimating or underestimating the situation, but simply because influenza viruses are constantly changing in unpredictable ways."


It just occured to me to wonder why the WHO are saying at the moment there are no indications we are facing a 1918 scenario when everywhere else is talking about how this new virus has begun in much the same way as the 1918 pandemic did....brand new virus we have no immunity to, out of season, mild to begin with, targetting the young and healthy, ease of H2H transmission, etc.........



edited for spelling

[edit on 4/5/09 by cosmicpixie]




posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
yep,they are playing the word game....not good..read between the lines folks



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by cosmicpixie


here

Some excerpts :

"We do not know how long we have until we move to phase 6, which indicates we are in a pandemic. We are not there yet. The criteria will be met when we see, in one region outside North America, clear evidence of community-level transmission. "

"At this point, we have no indication that we are facing a situation similar to that seen in 1918. As I must stress repeatedly, this situation can change, not because we are overestimating or underestimating the situation, but simply because influenza viruses are constantly changing in unpredictable ways."


It just occured to me to wonder why the WHO are saying at the moment there are no indications we are facing a 1918 scenario when everywhere else is talking about how this new virus has begun in much the same way as the 1918 pandemic did....brand new virus we have no immunity to, out of season, mild to begin with, targetting the young and healthy, ease of H2H transmission, etc.........



edited for spelling

[edit on 4/5/09 by cosmicpixie]


I am noticing that their announcements seem to be timed to go out just before announcements of updates in numbers here in the UK.
They announced that there was no evidence of person to person transfer... then right after their conference it was announced that we have person to person transfer.
Today they announced that there is no evidence of community level transfer... right after it was announced that there are now 7 new cases of community level transfer in the UK.



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My brother in the Milwaukee area was downright condescending when I told him things were going to heat up. But just between Saturday and Sunday the Milwaukee cases have increased from 36 to 54, as per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and they have closed 21 Milwaukee schools. I'll bet he is just starting to have that feeling in the pit of his stomach that I might be right!



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Canada: New Brunswick: One New Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Second Confirmed Case Reported Provincially #swineflu 10 minutes ago
Canada, Alberta: Six New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; One Case Described as "Severe" and Was Hospitalized #swineflu 12 minutes ago
Mexico: One Fatal Case and 137 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 26 Confirmed Fatal and 727 Confirmed Cases.#swineflu 24 minutes ago



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I can see this being a huge hit

Swine Flu Song

Or this one

Swine Flu Song 2



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
First suspected swine flu death in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro!

http: //odia.terra.com.br/portal/cienciaesaude/html/2009/5/morre_no_rio_paciente_que_estava_internada_com_sintomas_da_gripe_suina_10045.html


hmm very interesting - says the woman died but did not have respiratory difficulties, instead a fever and vomiting and diarrhoea



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aramaki
 


Umm...it's not written in english so can't understand a word . Nothing coming through on google news search about it either, probably just a rumour.

Ps) off topic but has anyone else noticed a sudden change in the way the pages on ATS are displaying or is it just me........?

[edit on 4/5/09 by cosmicpixie]



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry - forgot to say. The article says the cause of death was acute septicemia. I think confirmation will be available tomorrow or wednesday

First suspected swine flu death in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro

[edit on 4-5-2009 by aramaki]



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now I don't think it's the case....BUT my wife ended up in the Immediate Care center this weekend with her throat swollen almost shut. She is prone to Strep in the first place so that was our thinking. Strep swab came back negative. They did a second to be sent out to the lab (3 day test).
Now we into Monday and my wife called in sick today (she NEVER does this, she could cut off two fingers and say "put 'em on ice, I got work to do")
Now she has chills, headache from hades, vomiting and same throat issue.

What the heck should I do?! Especially now that I see vomiting as becoming a more predominate symptom.

Obs (freaking) out



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie
 


sorry! jonny2410 translation was perfect!



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by aramaki
 


Umm...it's not written in english so can't understand a word . Nothing coming through on google news search about it either, probably just a rumour.

Ps) off topic but has anyone else noticed a sudden change in the way the pages on ATS are displaying or is it just me........?

[edit on 4/5/09 by cosmicpixie]


Rio - A woman who was hospitalized with symptoms of swine flu at Hospital Barra D'or, in the western area of the river died, the night of Monday, the victim of severe sepsis.

According to the advice of the Hospital, a patient of 50 years did not have respiratory problems are common in people with swine flu. She was with three symptoms of the disease: fever, headache and vomiting.

The Hospital decided to inform Anvisa the case because the woman was admitted 48 hours after arriving in the United States. The award of Anvisa on the collection of material of the patient in this Sunday only to be released this Tuesday, or, at most, on Wednesday.


there is the google translated version because i cant be bothered to type it out



[edit on 4-5-2009 by jonny2410]



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
# US, California: State health officials confirm two cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Riverside County #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

# Canada: New Brunswick: One New Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Second Confirmed Case Reported Provincially #swineflu29 minutes ago from web
# Canada, Alberta: Six New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; One Case Described as "Severe" and Was Hospitalized #swineflu31 minutes ago from web



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie
 


it just happened now, and no, not a rumour, O DIA is reliable newspaper here



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Now I don't think it's the case....BUT my wife ended up in the Immediate Care center this weekend with her throat swollen almost shut. She is prone to Strep in the first place so that was our thinking. Strep swab came back negative. They did a second to be sent out to the lab (3 day test).
Now we into Monday and my wife called in sick today (she NEVER does this, she could cut off two fingers and say "put 'em on ice, I got work to do")
Now she has chills, headache from hades, vomiting and same throat issue.

What the heck should I do?! Especially now that I see vomiting as becoming a more predominate symptom.

Obs (freaking) out


You need to deal with the inflammation.

My husband has a couple of health problems that impact his breathing, and they mostly tie into inflammation.

I have him take about 27000UI of Serrapeptase everyday.

There are other enzymes that also help.



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
***I posted this as a new thread instead of a reply a sec ago...apologies***

www.recombinomics.com...
i found these recombinomics articles very interesting...
may be why egypt decided to kill all their pigs...seems a h5n1 strain has been circulating among young children for at least a month before the reports started coming from north america.

either they are getting people to pay attention to the milder strain/problem (as most cases in egypt had been "mild")
or they are really downplaying the seriousness of the combination of h5n1 components in this h1n1 and from what i've read it sounds like that was a big fear of theirs (h5n1 and h1n1 combining) as well as h274y mutation that seems to make it resistant to tamiflu.....

and there are links as you go down about h1n1 tamiflu resistance becoming a really big problem...

no insider information from me, so far...i hope to talk to a relative with some possible information later today...
but i do thank everyone, INCLUDING ecoparity (esp?) for being honest and posting as much info as they can allow themselves

also...
i've been looking into more the fact that ft. detrick seems to have a big problem holding on to their disease samples.
www.nowpublic.com...

i'm sure it goes way beyond that...i think something interesting to be aware of is the fact that a lab lost 2 rats with the bubonic plague, in maryland.
blogs.static.mentalfloss.com...

i'm pretty sure it mentions it in that blog/article...but a man recently died trying to perform an impromptu autopsy on a deceased mountain lion...he apparently contracted the plague after slicing into the mountain lion and died a few days afterward...maybe unrelated to the lost lab rats...but maybe it gets people aware that the plague is still a possibility in this world.

i'm new, ihope i posted this all right...
peace



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410
 


So, it was not swine flu then?

The source is confusing. Translation is perfect, just the hospital are making odd statements.



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie
 


yes and it sucks..It is like someone loaded a very large pic to the page..



posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by observer
 


Poor thing! Hope she will feel better soon...I have severe respitory issues if I don't constantly stay on top of my life and a few "comfort things" for me are:

Warm baths with Epson salts and hydrogen peroxide...I swear these cut a regular cold in half!
Hot ginger tea with agave nectar,it doesn't spike your insulin and soothes/coats the throat
Popsickles will help bring down a fever and also ease the pain of a sore throat,suck them constantly if need be!
I'd probably keep the over the counter meds to as much of a minimum as possible,they make me MORE ill at times...
Vick's Vapor rub...on chest and back,soles of feet...warm jammies and socks and sleep/sweat it all out.

Best to you!



new topics

top topics



 
232
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

log in

join