It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
US, Idaho: First case of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed by CDC in Kootenai County resident who had travelled to Texas. #swineflu 4 minutes ago
US, Florida: Health Officials Confirm Two Influenza A (H1N1) Cases in Lee and Pinellas Counties; Statewide Total Reaches Five #swineflu 9 minutes ago

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i suspect this time next week this story will be dead in the MSM and we probably wont see it resurface again until winter (if the reports are true that it will be bad then)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
yep and actions taken will become silent...I have a good feeling that a vaccine will be introduced,national gaurd will be mobilized,just as the couple on you tube gave a warning to..Mean while a company will get very fat off the vaccines..I have in the bigger citys it will become madness..

link   
it does seem to have slowed down, or theres not much info being released.

link   
Mexico lowers swine flu alert level

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- Mexico lowered its health alert level Monday, citing improvements in the battle against swine flu.

A worker walks outside a Chinese hotel where officials have quarantined visitors as a precaution.

The level was lowered from red, or "high," to orange, or "elevated."

read full article

link   
Important: Check this link. You will need to scroll down.

As of April 14 over 59 percent of the Influenza A cases in the US were undifferentiated. In other words, they came up influenza A but not any that were in circulation and had been identified.

Geez, you would think someone would have gotten a clue and realized something was up, like a new strain.

To explain, only a small sample of positive samples are sent to labs for additional tests to confirm influenza (there can be false positives). Of those that had further testing the majority of A could not be identified as H3, or the known strain of H1. This doesn't mean that the ones they couldn't identify were all the new strain of H1 but it does imply something was going on and someone dropped the ball.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Canada, Prince Edward Island: First Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Province; One Infected Through Local Transmission 4 minutes ago
UK, London: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases from community-transmission identified in two school aged siblings. #swineflu 6 minutes ago

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Update for those who have just joined us (last 12 hours):

# Canada, Prince Edward Island: First Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Province; One Infected Through Local Transmission7 minutes ago from web

# UK, London: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases from community-transmission identified in two school aged siblings. #swineflu9 minutes ago from web

# US, Idaho: First case of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed by CDC in Kootenai County resident who had travelled to Texas. #swineflu24 minutes ago from web

# US, Florida: Health Officials Confirm Two Influenza A (H1N1) Cases in Lee and Pinellas Counties; Statewide Total Reaches Five #swineflu28 minutes ago from web

# US, Illinois: Total confirmed case count statewide reaches nine. #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

# US, Illinois: Six more cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed statewide; new cases identified in Chicago, Kane, and McHenry. #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

# Mexico: Heath Ministry reports 137 new confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases and one new fatal case; totals reach 727 cases and 26 deaths.about 1 hour ago from web

# Italy: Total of four influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed nationwide. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# Italy, Rome: Ministry of Health confirms two new cases of influenza A (H1N1); both had recently visited Mexico. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# El Salvador: Ministry of Health confirms first two cases of influenza A (H1N1) in the country. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# France: Total of Four Confirmed Influenza A(H1N1) Cases Nationwide; All With Recent Travel to Affected Areas #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# France, Paris: L'Institut de Veille Sanitaire Confirms Two New Cases of Influenza A(H1N1) #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# Portugal: One Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed; Had Recently Visited Mexico #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# Spain: Ten New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 54 Confirmed Cases Nationwide #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

# US, Oregon: One confirmed case in Multnomah contracted virus from relatives recently returned from Mexico. #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

# US, Oregon: CDC confirms three influenza A (H1N1) cases in Multnomah (2) and Polk (1) counties. #swineflu #H1N1about 4 hours ago from web

# New York City: 3 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens or to Travel to Mexico.#H1N1about 12 hours ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
1,000 possible flu cases in New York

That is not included with the official figures. Currently suspected 800 cases in total in the US, these 1,000 possible are not recognised by the CDC (for some reason)

All were apparently fine and okay, even though others have stated the situation is much worse.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Flu could flourish in southern hemisphere winter

www.google.com...

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — Southern hemisphere countries that have largely escaped swine flu infections could soon become more vulnerable, experts warn, as the approaching winter brings with it an elevated risk of the virus spreading and mutating.

So far, the worst affected nations — such as Mexico, the United States, Canada and countries in Europe — have been in the northern hemisphere, which is heading into summer. To the south of the equator, cooler weather is imminent.

"The highest peaks of influenza activity occur in winter," said Raina MacIntyre, head of the University of New South Wales' School of Public Health and Community Medicine. "For us in the southern hemisphere, it's particularly concerning."

It is already fall in Australia, and winter sets in by June.

Although some experts down under say the seasonal flu is a higher priority as H1N1 is "relatively mild".

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Swine H1N1 Transmission From Human to Swine
Recombinomics Commentary 07:10
May 3, 2009

The pigs in Alberta were thought to be infected by a farm worker who returned from Mexico on April 12 and began working on the farm two days later. Officials noticed the pigs had flu-like symptoms April 24, Evans said.

Approximately 10 percent of the 2,200 pigs on the farm have been infected, Evans said.

The above comments describe the transmission of the H1N1 swine flu from an infected farm worker to swine in Alberta, Canada. This efficient transmission from human to swine suggests that much of the speculation in the past week is overly optimistic.
The virus is swine, WHO newspeak notwithstanding, and contains six swine gene segments as well as a human PB1 and an avian PB2 that have been in swine for more than a decade. Therefore, although swine to swine transmission is not unexpected, the trans mission from human to swine is striking. The H1N1 is called swine H1N1 for scientific reason. It is not a “nickname” as some media accounts mis-report, but a descriptive name that defines its normal host. The species differences in sequence are easily determined, and species jumps are rare, but can be deadly. Usually the virus replicates most effectively in is host species.

The jump to humans is cause for concern. The last time as swine flu jumped to human and was efficiently spread in the new host was in 1918.

The fact that the virus can jump from human to swine as well as swine to humans suggests this virus is not going to fade away. It has already moved into the southern hemisphere. Suspect cases have been reported in Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand, where the seasonal flu season is just beginning.
Co-circulation of human and swine H1N1 provide significant opportunities for adaptation to the human host via recombination. Two polymorphisms are already fixed in seasonal flu, H274Y for Tamiflu resistance, and E627K in PB2 which allows the virus to more efficiently replicate at lower temperatures.

These changes can lead to adaptation in humans, as well antiviral resistance. Therefore, the evolution of the H1N1 over the summer will be closely monitored. The current H1N1 has already acquired tandem human H1N1 polymorphism in HA, which may have led to the species jump from swine to human.

Thus, the efficient transmission from swine to human and vice verse, raises concerns that further adaptation to humans can lead to a fall pandemic similar to 1918. The species jump indicates the virus can adapt to a new host, and additional acquisitions over the summer continue to be a cause for concern.

source

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The written transcript of the WHO briefing today can be read

here

Some excerpts :

"We do not know how long we have until we move to phase 6, which indicates we are in a pandemic. We are not there yet. The criteria will be met when we see, in one region outside North America, clear evidence of community-level transmission. "

"At this point, we have no indication that we are facing a situation similar to that seen in 1918. As I must stress repeatedly, this situation can change, not because we are overestimating or underestimating the situation, but simply because influenza viruses are constantly changing in unpredictable ways."

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Even the experts are contradicting each other...

Definite ongoing effort to minimize or not even report accurate case data.

There was a media report from a medical team in Mexico who claimed the early infections were not H1N1 but a H3 variant. They claimed the H3 variant was the one killing people.

There's a lot of mixed up data and extra clues laying around waiting to be analyzed. Seeing the ongoing effort to hide things I believe there's a lot more to this than the WHO is telling everyone.

I always wondered how they were going to get the military to go along with the plan when the NWO pushed the big, red button. Now I know.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Well, here wo go. A while back I posted that here on the North side of Indianapolis two schools were closed with the virus.They are closed until May 11th.

Just now a co-worker was called to get her son from school on the west side of town. We here at work didn't know why she so suddenly left until she GOT BACK! that her son had a sore throat, mild fever, and had vomited last night! When she returned I found out and really chewed her out, demanding that she go to the hospital for him to be tested. I am livid that she may have brought this in to work claiming to not know the symptoms, and that this is spreading! I may just leave because I have been sick enough with a sinus infection for the last ten days as it is!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

SWINE FLU UPDATE
current as of: May 4, 2009 (11:30am)

Florida has five confirmed cases; two in Lee , one in Broward, one in Orange County , and one in Pinellas.
The second Lee County confirmation is a 7 year old male who attends Spring Creek Elementary School.

The Pinellas County confirmed case is 24 year old male.

Alachua, Lee, Charlotte, Indian River, Okeechobee, and Clay have one probable case each.

Palm Beach has two probable cases and Miami Dade has three.

Hillsborough County has five probable cases.

A public health emergency was declared by the State Surgeon General.

A toll free information line has been established to address an increasing number of calls from the public requesting Swine Flu information.

www.hillscountyhealth.org...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There's a lot of references to a phase 2 being worse than phase 1. I wonder though, are we definitely in phase 1 right now??? I am not convinced that we are because many on here, myself included, have been sick with exactly these symptoms within the last few months. Could this be phase 2 now?

Can any of the people with contacts tell us whether it is believed that this is actually phase 1?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
There's a lot of references to a phase 2 being worse than phase 1. I wonder though, are we definitely in phase 1 right now??? I am not convinced that we are because many on here, myself included, have been sick with exactly these symptoms within the last few months. Could this be phase 2 now?

Can any of the people with contacts tell us whether it is believed that this is actually phase 1?

phase 2 is predicted to happen in the winter by experts as that is the time when seasonal influenza is at its peak

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mexico, Tlaxcala: One Additional Fatal Case and Three Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed. #swineflu #H1N1 about a minute ago
US, Colorado: Two additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in Eagle and Jefferson Counties. #swineflu 9 minutes ago
US, California: Sonoma County resident is confirmed with influenza A (H1N1) after traveling to Mexico #swineflu 17 minutes ago

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
# Mexico, Tlaxcala: One Additional Fatal Case and Three Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

# US, Colorado: Two additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in Eagle and Jefferson Counties. #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

# US, California: Sonoma County resident is confirmed with influenza A (H1N1) after traveling to Mexico #swineflu18 minutes ago from web

# Alabama: CDC confirms three new influenza A (H1N1) cases among students in Madison County (2) and Montgomery County (1). #swineflu18 minutes ago from web

# New Zealand, Auckland: An Additional Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed Case Reported; On Same Flight As Rangitoto School Group #swineflu26 minutes ago from web

# New Zealand: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed; nationwide total reaches six confirmed cases. #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Agence France Presse

Mexico City: The World Health Organisation chief warned today that swine flu could return with a vengeance despite Mexico’s President Felipe Calderon insisting his country has contained the epidemic. WHO chief Margaret Chan said in a newspaper interview that a second wave of the virus “would be the biggest of all outbreaks the world has faced in the 21st century”, puncturing optimism emanating from the outbreak’s epicentre. Diplomatic damage from the epidemic also reverberated with China denying it had discriminated against Mexican nationals after dozens were placed under quarantine over the weekend despite showing no signs of the flu. Twenty-five people have died from swine flu, according to the WHO which estimates there are nearly 900 cases in 20 countries. All but one of the deaths has been in Mexico. Calderon said Mexico had managed “to contain the epidemic” and was now “in a position to overcome” the A(H1N1) virus. Mexico’s Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova said the epidemic peaked between April 23 and 28 and was “in its phase of decline”. But Chan said the end of the flu season in the northern hemisphere meant that while any initial outbreak could be milder, a second wave could be more lethal, reflecting a pattern seen with the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic that killed up to 50 million people. “We hope the virus fizzles out, because if it doesn’t we are heading for a big outbreak,” Chan told the Financial Times, adding it could re-emerge in the months ahead “with a vengeance”. “I’m not predicting the pandemic will blow up, but if I miss it and we don’t prepare, I fail. I’d rather over-prepare than not prepare.” The UN agency last week raised its alert level to five, one a scale of one to six, indicating a global pandemic is imminent. In an interview with Spain’s El Pais newspaper, Chan said it was important to avoid a “wave of panic” if the alert level was raised to the maximum six, adding that such a move would not mean “the end of the world”.

Swine flu could return with a vengeance: WHO

new topics

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join